• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
So sad he should have been in the game since Brawl and then be base for everyone is here...

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm still bummed out geno could have been in since brawl especially since a much younger me would have got to see him involved in subspace. Honestly I can't help but feel pit's role could have originally been geno's if sakurai truly intended to get him in at that point. He fits in so well it's scary.

After watching the events at the stadium take place, Up at Star Road skyworld the star spirits Palutena commands geno pit to again descend down to the world below and sort out the new threat. As he leaves he finds his old friend mario who was blasted into the sky and the two begin their grand adventure

Christ I would have lost my mind watching that

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hoping for the best regardless. Yes Geno should have been in the game since Brawl.

Hoping he makes it in, and joins in fighters pass season 2.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
While it’s possible Imran Khan got hoodwinked by a direct, there’s one person who didn’t

Jon Gamexplain

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonComms/status/1227600640370716672

Look at the timing for this tweet. The fact that there was still another oppurtunity for Nintendo to announce a direct (7am Wednesday, but this tweet was made around 6:30am wednesday)

He knew a direct wasn’t happening

This suggests gamexplain is probably at the tippedy most top of Nintendo inside knowledge.

Which means good things for us

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The fact that we could still be doing this in a about a year's time is mildly horrifying... 1 in the Spring Direct, 2 at E3, 1 in the Fall Direct, and 2 at the 2020 VGAs; that's all I ask, Nintendo...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Geno doesn't lead you to the hills, he leads you through the Forest Maze!
DO NOT FOLLOW THE PUPPET IN THIS IMAGE, FOR HE IS A FALSE PROPHET!
He does lead you to Star Hill, though.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The fact that we could still be doing this in a about a year's time is mildly horrifying... 1 in the Spring Direct, 2 at E3, 1 in the Fall Direct, and 2 at the 2020 VGAs; that's all I ask, Nintendo...
At bare minimum, 3 or 4 reveals for this year is all I ask

T2by4

Smash Lord
With Geno being one of them, please. Preferably 6 or 7. Once Geno is in, I will be pretty dang chill for the rest of them.
Judt the thought of having to deal with the Anti Geno bullying until december 2021 is maddening. Either give us the costume soon or announce him. It feels like torture because everyone is questioning Geno's fate and we're just hanging on by a hair.

29e.jpg

QQS

Smash Lord
At this point I prefer to have Geno joining the fight in Ultimate, like Banjo; rather than having him since Brawl. I mean, Geno is from the SNES era, so he could perfectly have been added (or belongs to) Smash 64; so do Banjo. My point is that it’s PRICELESS to have your favorite characters joining your favorite multiplayer game after that many years. I never enjoyed a moment in gaming more than Mega Man was added, cause he was (and still is) my baby character and one of my most beloved ones in history (with Link & Geno).

So Mega Man joining the battle after 27 years (from his first game “Mega Man” 1987 to the release of Smash for 3DS/WiiU in 2014); Banjo-Kazooie joining the battle after 21 years (Banjo 64 in 1998 until Smash Ultimate 2019); and Geno joining the battle after 24 years (from Mario RPG 1996 until Ultimate 2020).

All of these periods make you enjoy and appreciate even more your favorite character in your favorite game. Time will be worth in this case also. Believe me, that music on the background + the the design, splash art, moveset and sounds of Geno immersed in the Smash world, would make you re-watch his trailer over and over. Like I’m still do sometimes with Mega Man.

But in this case it will be even EPIC, cause at the end, Mega Man and even Banjo, are characters that you expect somehow, at some point they would end up happening. Sonic and Mega Man 100%. Ridley and KKR also, they are main villains from main series in Nintendo. Banjo also, he is iconic and worldwide known. But Geno, that reveal and revival, it would be much priceless and epic, cause you don’t expect him and you aren’t sure about his addition somehow compared to other mega well known characters are (Crash here also).

I mean, the Good-bye Geno was, indeed, a goodbye. So having him back after all these years and fan-love, it would close an era.

Hope you understand my English. Greetings from Chile! Just wanna revive those old feelings about the Blue Doll I get back in 1996 :)

Pretty sure he is happening, just wishing to be #76 or #77.

Long live Geno! papagenos papagenos Fatmanonice Fatmanonice TerminalMontage TerminalMontage PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate

Firox

Smash Master
Judt the thought of having to deal with the Anti Geno bullying until december 2021 is maddening. Either give us the costume soon or announce him. It feels like torture because everyone is questioning Geno's fate and we're just hanging on by a hair.

View attachment 262221
That is the most horrifying Brendan Fraser I've ever seen.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm throwing in the towel when/if Geno gets in. I'll still follow speculation afterwards, but I won't be attached nearly as much as I am now.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It could be worse.

Fighter 6: Spring Direct.

Fighters 7 and 8: E3.

Fighters 9 through 11: You'll have to wait 'till next year, fan boys! :troll:

But seriously, though your actual want for reveals is ideal, I don't think they'd show two reveals at the VGAs.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Judt the thought of having to deal with the Anti Geno bullying until december 2021 is maddening. Either give us the costume soon
Costume would just continue the bullying/jeering.

It feels like torture because everyone is questioning Geno's fate and we're just hanging on by a hair.
Nah, he's in, it's just a matter of when.

Honestly, I'm throwing in the towel when/if Geno gets in. I'll still follow speculation afterwards, but I won't be attached nearly as much as I am now.
Yep, same. I said that hours ago. I might check out some other threads like Phoenix Wright, Lloyd/Symphonia rep, Rhythm Heaven, etc other characters I want in, but I'll probs go full stalk mode. Might still post here every so often to be like "hey guys, love you, thanks for making this a reality <3", haha. Til then, you're all stuck with me ;)

I don't think they'd show two reveals at the VGAs.
I hope they never do another reveal at the VGA given how awful 2019 was for Smash (and just general Nintendo) fans, after Joker and Nintendo pushing VGA 2019 on people despite having not a god damn thing to show for it. I don't ever want to have to sit through the VGA again on the off chance it's revealed and I get spoiled because I'm not watching. I like seeing the surprise and my reaction as a result of it, and it's a lot lessened if the character is spoiled (leaked is one thing but it's still unofficial til revealed).

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Yep, same. I said that hours ago. I might check out some other threads like Phoenix Wright, Lloyd/Symphonia rep, Rhythm Heaven, etc other characters I want in, but I'll probs go full stalk mode. Might still post here every so often to be like "hey guys, love you, thanks for making this a reality <3", haha. Til then, you're all stuck with me ;)
I won't even be using Smashboards much longer after Geno's revealed. I'll prolly come back once more after Geno is revealed to give a final congrats afterwards and then vanish. I then just watch sparingly from the shadows but I won't have much stakes in what happens after that.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I hope they never do another reveal at the VGA given how awful 2019 was for Smash (and just general Nintendo) fans, after Joker and Nintendo pushing VGA 2019 on people despite having not a god damn thing to show for it. I don't ever want to have to sit through the VGA again on the off chance it's revealed and I get spoiled because I'm not watching. I like seeing the surprise and my reaction as a result of it, and it's a lot lessened if the character is spoiled (leaked is one thing but it's still unofficial til revealed).
I know how you feel after last time, though I wouldn't personally mind watching the whole VGAs again for a possible reveal myself. That is just me, though. Still, last year was disappointing.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I know how you feel after last time, though I wouldn't personally mind watching the whole VGAs again for a possible reveal myself. That is just me, though. Still, last year was disappointing.
I wish rather than "X IS THE NEXT FIGHTER" that all news outlets could go "The next Smash Fighter is this unexpected person..." or something. I *HATE* that I have to have a Direct/etc video prepped and ready because 99% of sites I visit will spoil it for me if I'm even 1 second late. It sucks. It's sadly the world we currently live in *shrug*.

Like ffs, just don't have spoilers in your ****ing titles.

Also, if we make it to 2500 before Geno is revealed, I'm gonna be sad, which means he needs to be revealed in the next week or two.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wish rather than "X IS THE NEXT FIGHTER" that all news outlets could go "The next Smash Fighter is this unexpected person..." or something. I *HATE* that I have to have a Direct/etc video prepped and ready because 99% of sites I visit will spoil it for me if I'm even 1 second late. It sucks. It's sadly the world we currently live in *shrug*.

Like ffs, just don't have spoilers in your ****ing titles.

Also, if we make it to 2500 before Geno is revealed, I'm gonna be sad, which means he needs to be revealed in the next week or two.
And what do those sites have to do with the VGAs?

But I see your point, nonetheless. Not a big deal for me, though, but spoilers being used would be nice.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
And what do those sites have to do with the VGAs?
Because I already want to watch a Direct/E3 live anyway. It's a very high likelihood that there will be a fighter reveal there, plus I want all that Nintendo news. But because of the sites spoiling stuff, I feel like I have to watch the VGAs, something I do not give any craps about, so I don't get potentially spoiled. That's at least how I felt about VGA 2019, and I didn't watch 2018 either and that was spoiled for me, which kinda sucked.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Yo fellow Genobros, Genogals and People who just support us
I hope you got a happy Valentine's Day, accompanied or alone, this day is for sharing love!

Have a nice weekend as well ;D

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
It gets so much more bearable/relaxing once the one you've been fighting for no longer has to struggle. When you see that splash screen, nothing else matters in that moment and when the tears of joy finally stop falling, there's nothing left to do but just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I definitely want Geno in this game but I know it can't compare to the passion you all have. If I could be the one to decide the next character, I'd make sure it would be him. I want you all to know that feeling. You've all fought long enough and earned the right to rest with a smile on your faces.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Hoping for the best regardless. Yes Geno should have been in the game since Brawl.
Hoping he makes it in, and joins in fighters pass season 2.
Nah, he's in, it's just a matter of when..
There is never the garuntee of any character to be in Smash bros if speculation wouldn't even be on the table. We can say it would be no fun, somehow.

And to be honest, I can understand why NItendo prefer plant piranha to him even if I prefer Geno personally. Bowser Jr and Rosalina are still relatively persuasive choices considering their impacts on modern Mario games.

Still, I think people should be more aware of the fact the companies don't really do anything for him for such a long time outside Smash bros, especially a canonical appearance in any game. If Nintendo has planned Geno's return long time ago in the Brawl era , they shouldn't have made him still absent for another deccade. which wasted lots of chances for him to accumulate modern spotlights and popularity.

Last edited:

BluYoshi828

Smash Rookie
Finally got around to registering another account. I see Smashboards has a new uhh... "format" for its website structure. Don't remember what the old format exactly was, since internet forums are slowly starting to go the way of the dinosaur I feel.

I've been speculating Smash Bros. since the Melee -> Brawl transitional period. The days of the Smash Dojo, despite being over a decade ago, still feel somewhat fresh in my memory, which is saying something since my memory has been described as incredible by my family & peers.

I distinctly remember, back when I still had an account on NSider of all forums, there was a petition to get Geno in Brawl. Not just one of those internet ones either, though there may have been one on the side. It was basically one dude that started the thread, and everyone who posted who wanted to, could get their usernames printed on an actual physical petition. A LOT of people posted in that thread wanting to contribute, and I was one of them. I distinctly remember, after a point, the OP confirmed that they had printed out the petition (Don't remember the number of signatures but it was a LOT), and had managed to submit it to someone who could pass it by Nintendo. That is what my memory recalls, at any rate.

That OP, was none other than Fatmanonice. It's a testament that almost 15 years after the fact I still remember that effort. That type of passion, is just too rare to see, and certainly worth admiring. As for me, while my favorite Mario RPGs are the Paper Mario games, you know which ones lol, I wholly support Geno as the defacto "Mario RPG" rep for Smash, being fully aware of the licensing issues. He was one of my favorite party members to use in the game, and I dig his design. It's like "What if we took Pinocchio, but made him cool?". Enough said. A lot of people like Disney movies, myself included. On that note Sora would be nice too but I'm not holding my breath on him. A crossover character inside another crossover? Too much for the human mind to comprehend. lol

Anyway, my main motivation for making a new account and making this post is to vouch for Fatmanonice. Not necessarily as an insider, but as a great person and fan of video games. Even if you may not believe what he has to say, don't mistake his intentions. Because if his past on NSider is any indication, he has nothing but good ones. People CAN change though, and with so much time having passes and still not seeing something materialize when there have been several chances for it already, it can understandably make someone cynical. I totally get that. But I don't get that vibe off him, even now.

I'm not a family member, not one of his contacts, and it'd be a stretch to say we're friends, but I can say this... we're comrades in arms in wanting to see a character rep added to Smash that perfectly encapsulates our love for those old Mario RPGs. Copyright stuff with Square aside... is it really such an impossible desire? We already for K. Rool and Ridley, the former I had lost hope of seeing by the time Smash 4 came around, and the latter I treated his representation in Brawl as "satisfactory". Ultimate knocked out both of them in one fell swoop, AND in the base roster to boot.

Assuming this is my only post on here, if I want anyone to take away anything, is to not demonize people so much, especially over video game speculation. It's immature at best and potentially damaging to a person's reputation at worst. If someone is intentionally trying to misinform people that's one thing, but that is not something I see people like PapaGeno's, Fatmanonice, and some of the ResetEra insiders doing.

Think before you post, everyone. Cheers.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Geno thread, what I'm about to share could most likely be the biggest hit against Spirit deconfirmations, and Spirit battles (for both WoL and The Spirit Board).

I stumbled upon an interesting post, on Gamefaqs no less (Not sure if I can share the link here).
Anyways, what caught my attention was that Spirit Battles can be altered, specifically the fighter representing said Spirit could be switched for a different fighter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNintendoFeed/status/1227589841690472449
EQlGcsQX0AAMx-y.jpeg.jpg

Now look closely at the pics in this tweet, what do you see?
The Cuphead spirit is being represented by Mega Man. And apparently, that same spirit battle is changed if you've purchased Cuphead's Mii costume.

Mega Man gets replaced by a Mii Gunner wearing Cuphead's costume, and the music changes to Floral Fury from whatever it was previously.

Geno, Waluigi, Isaac, Shantae, and all the characters who had a Spirit battle since base game could get theirs altered if they were chosen for Fighters Pass Vol. 2 and beyond.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Geno, Waluigi, Isaac, Shantae, and all the characters who had a Spirit battle since base game could get theirs altered if they were chosen for Fighters Pass Vol. 2 and beyond.
Aren't others assists, tho? They're in a different catagory since the npcs (including pokeballs and bossses, backgrounders) were intentionally created more than just those recycled pictured for the spirits.

My personal viewpoint is that spirits have included most of known Nintendo franchises, and it barely leaves options aside from very new characters planned before Smash 5 like Byleth, and it may be easily interpreted as an act of forced advertising. That's why I personally wish that NIntendo can allow spirit to be fighters in the same time so that it allows Smash bros to include more more contents from past Nintendo games.

Just there is really no garuntee that NIntendo won't go choose other new franchises, especially 3rd parties that haven't worked with NIntendo yet also can attractive many gamers.

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
While it’s possible Imran Khan got hoodwinked by a direct, there’s one person who didn’t

Jon Gamexplain

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonComms/status/1227600640370716672

Look at the timing for this tweet. The fact that there was still another oppurtunity for Nintendo to announce a direct (7am Wednesday, but this tweet was made around 6:30am wednesday)

He knew a direct wasn’t happening

This suggests gamexplain is probably at the tippedy most top of Nintendo inside knowledge.

Which means good things for us
Jon is an insider, that's why GX hired him obviously, for the information.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Geno thread, what I'm about to share could most likely be the biggest hit against Spirit deconfirmations, and Spirit battles (for both WoL and The Spirit Board).

I stumbled upon an interesting post, on Gamefaqs no less (Not sure if I can share the link here).
Anyways, what caught my attention was that Spirit Battles can be altered, specifically the fighter representing said Spirit could be switched for a different fighter.

View attachment 262249
The Cuphead spirit is being represented by Mega Man. And apparently, that same spirit battle is changed if you've purchased Cuphead's Mii costume.

Mega Man gets replaced by a Mii Gunner wearing Cuphead's costume, and the music changes to Floral Fury from whatever it was previously.

This

This right here

THIS is how we win.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 262249

This was never an issue. The biggest issue was that there would be two spirits of the same character, which has the development team has yet to show a solution for.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This was never an issue. The biggest issue was that there would be two spirits of the same character, which has the development team has yet to show a solution for.
Mario in his tennis outfit and Mario stuck in a rock.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Cloud only has a fighter spirit, and who's to say that they can't just rename the geno spirit to "geno doll" or "geno (smrpg)"

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

View attachment 262249

So Spirit battles actually weren't decided by some higher being and Sakurai/Nintendo can actually change them any time they want surprised Pikachu face

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom