• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I never said anything about March 13.

May 13 is the US release date for SMRPG.
Why not, Reveal in March with a release in May?

The biggest win in our book! Reveal for Japan's release in March and actual release in May for the US release anniversary of SMRPG?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh, Serenade?

Are you sure about that? I am beginning to wonder what the point is for saying March 13 here if you are denying saying that. What was the reason you said that, anyway?
am I losing my ****ing mind here? I said March 9, it's right there in plain English and you can tell I never edited the post.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
am I losing my ****ing mind here? I said March 9, it's right there in plain English and you can tell I never edited the post.
Yeah, I made a mistake. Reread my last post.

You ain't losing your mind. I guess I just misread what you said. No hard feelings?

To further clear Mandycan, I wanted to share this:

View attachment 262196

Literally Imran Khan thought a Direct was going to be this week so anyone still jeering at Mandy for being wrong can go amongst the grand sprawling tundras and enthusiastically dine upon a polar bear's ass.
So Nintendo never said anything for the 12th and 13th, I take it? Only the leakers?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
if this Cronoavirus is whats ****ing Nintendo up, I say they should take all the time they need and hopefully no one is sick. Hopefully because, well, most at Nintendo, NoJ at least, are pretty old, soo

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
To further clear Mandycan, I wanted to share this:

View attachment 262196

Literally Imran Khan thought a Direct was going to be this week so anyone still jeering at Mandy for being wrong can go amongst the grand sprawling tundras and enthusiastically dine upon a polar bear's ass.
I planned on doing that without jeering at Mandy. What better dining environment could one ask for?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
well there is the Quarantined Cruise Liner. but in not sure about mainland
I see. Still, Japan is in Asia, isn't? Even if it isn't mainland, I can imagine the Direct being delayed because of the other parts of Asia suffering from it. I mean, it is something that could affect Japan too, huh?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
well there is the Quarantined Cruise Liner which i havent heard much about since it was last reported on NPR but in not sure about mainland
I've been keeping abreast of the whole Coronavirus thing, and from what I've heard there have been some cases around the southern regions around mainland Japan.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I made a mistake. Reread my last post.

You ain't losing your mind. I guess I just misread what you said. No hard feelings?
You weren't upsetting me, I just thought I missed a joke or was having a mental breakdown in which I couldn't read the word "March" without seeing "May"

It's not in Japan, is it?
Coronavirus was detected in Japan pretty early in January, but to my knowledge is not being transferred person to person anywhere but China save for a case here in the US where a husband caught it from his wife who picked it up while in China.

It would be pretty unfortunate to think that someone important to Nintendo caught it while taking a trip to some manufacturing location in China, though.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You weren't upsetting me, I just thought I missed a joke or was having a mental breakdown in which I couldn't read the word "March" without seeing "May"

Coronavirus was detected in Japan pretty early in January, but to my knowledge is not being transferred person to person anywhere but China save for a case here in the US where a husband caught it from his wife who picked it up while in China.

It would be pretty unfortunate to think that someone important to Nintendo caught it while taking a trip to some manufacturing location in China, though.
Ah, yeah, I see. Sorry if I lead you into having this breakdown.

On the second response, I have one thing to say...

This is horrible. All of it. Such a shame this is happening, too.

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I mean its been reported just about everywhere, there just isn't any kind of crazy outbreak like there is in China.

The issue with China though is that Nintendo probably manufactures quite a lot of their products over there like most companies. Plus it seems like Nintendo had big plans to essentially expand more into that area this year so its no surprise that the virus would internally shake up the company causing things to shift.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean its been reported just about everywhere, there just isn't any kind of crazy outbreak like there is in China.

The issue with China though is that Nintendo probably manufactures quite a lot of their products over there like most companies. Plus it seems like Nintendo had big plans to essentially expand more into that area this year so its no surprise that the virus would internally shake up the company causing things to shift.
That could have possibly affected the Direct then. Darn this virus! I wonder what caused it to begin with?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Another crazy idea: Direct is March 9th to reveal Geno for the 24th (Japanese) anniversary of SMRPG. Releases May 13th, the 24th (North American) anniversary of SMRPG.

Just because it's a Monday doesn't mean you can't rule it out. Nintendo does what they want and they can absolutely post a Monday Direct if they wanted. Legit though if we got a direct on the 9th, I would put Genos chances at like 99.99%, with the .01% being "Nintendo jebaiting us once again".

Probably only with a few moves. Like if Geno whirl was side b and you can't have more than one on the screen, hitting side b on contact adds dmg/knock back? Then for normal/melee attacks it would be close to a Link forward smash situation.
If Geno Whirl was one, it should be the same timed hit as the game, where it's already off-screen, right at a specific moment you usually use the sound effect cue for.

That could have possibly affected the Direct then. Darn this virus! I wonder what caused it to begin with?
People ****ing with things they shouldn't be ****ing with. It's how 95% of zombie outbreaks in fictional media happens.

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Who knows, they are still trying to pin point that. Apparently it transferred from Bats to Pangolins(Basically the asian version of an Armadillo) to Humans. I don't believe they are 100% in on that theory yet.

As far as Geno goes, I really hope his stage is forest maze , I think it would be kind of unique if there was only one way you could get knocked out of the stage and result in a KO. If you exit out on anyother side of the stage your trajectory would begin from the opposite side. Kind of like Pac Man stages from the original games.

Last edited:

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Who knows, they are still trying to pin point that. Apparently it transferred from Bats to Pangolins(Basically the asian version of an Armadillo) to Humans. I don't believe they are 100% in on that theory yet.

As far as Geno goes, I really hope his stage is forest maze , I think it would be kind of unique if there was only one way you could get knocked out of the stage and result in a KO. If you exit out on anyother side of the stage your trajectory would begin from the opposite side. Kind of like Pac Man stages from the original games.
That sounds pretty cool, but I'm pushing for Vista Hill with Exor in Bowser's Castle in the background. Knowing Sakurai he'll probably do a multi location stage like the Three Houses stage. Go between some iconic locations.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
As far as Geno goes, I really hope his stage is forest maze
Hazards: Bowyer shooting buttons, disabling Specials, Smashes, or Shields randomly. Also randomly shoots arrows at the stage.

I am curious if the SMRPG songs would be melded in with all the other Mario songs, or if they'd be kept separate.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
People ****ing with things they shouldn't be ****ing with. It's how 95% of zombie outbreaks in fictional media happens.
No kidding! This is what happens when you try to muck with nature. Unless one of those things just mucked with a human to start it all.

Thanks for the information. I wonder if it was humans messing with those animals or animals messing with the humans, like I said? Hopefully, they will find the source soon.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
In regards to the US, the virus has only infected 15 people here. Compare that to ~12,000 people that die from the flu each year in the US alone and it begins to feel kinda minor outside of China. Not to mention, I believe the virus does pretty poorly in warmer temperatures so it may have just been bad luck that it started at the beginning of winter.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Another crazy idea: Direct is March 9th to reveal Geno for the 24th (Japanese) anniversary of SMRPG. Releases May 13th, the 24th (North American) anniversary of SMRPG.
I've thought of this for a while now. Personally I think it's an unlikely scenario, as very few character releases/reveals ever coincide with another game's release/rerelease. That said, I'd be beyond excited to see them go that route: March 9th Geno reveal with SMRPG shadowdropped on NSO, Geno release on May 13th.

T2by4

Smash Lord
1581526028017.jpg

TAKE ME DOWN TO THE GENO THREAD CITY WHERE THE LEAKS ARE SPREADIN' AND THE TROLLS ACTIN' SH***Y.

TAKE. ME. HOME.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
The whole thing about Mandycan is that, yes, they have a legit source and, yes, their information cross-checks very strongly with mine but that doesn't mean they have to be 100% right all the time. Take this fabeled Direct, for example. We potentially have evidence that it has been delayed twice for some unreason. There's no control over that. There's no control over games getting cancelled. There's no control of ideas heard that never come to fruition. They're not lies even if they wind up being false. That's how intel collection works. It is what it is. If Shantae 7: Back Dat Ass Up gets delayed or even cancelled, I have no control over that and that's often a super frustrating thing about insider stuff. You very rarely get a full picture and, even if you think you do, it can wildly change or it was mistaken for something else or, oopsieabooboo, it was a misinterpretation. When I present things to you all, I try to present them EXACTLY how they were presented to me which is why I try to gather info from multiple sources before making conclusions.
Probably doesn't help that there are a lot of people in the Smash community who think the appropriate response to an insider (or someone claiming to have insider info) getting something wrong is to treat them like ****.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
his contact did name someone who he believed was going to be the "last" character. This contact had extreme confidence in this name and more or less said "Nintendo successfully negotiated them, it's a done deal."
*faint sound of "Finish the Fight" in the distance*

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I see people freaking out and being like "oh God, what if Geno's last" and this was actually another topic Mandycan and I discussed yesterday. He asked me not to make the name public but his contact did name someone who he believed was going to be the "last" character. This contact had extreme confidence in this name and more or less said "Nintendo successfully negotiated them, it's a done deal." Obviously, this character was not Geno so I wanted to reassure you all of that.
If Master Chief is the last character like some are theorizing, then talk about going out with a bang with a real jawdropper.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If Master Chief is the last character like some are theorizing, then talk about going out with a bang with a real jawdropper.
It would finally stop the end roster hype train derailment the Smash games are constantly plagued with.

Firox

Smash Master
I'm telling you right now, if the last DLC character was such a feat to "negotiate" for, I'm putting some serious money on it being either Master Chief or Sora since those two would likely be among the hardest to secure. Honestly, as long as Geno gets in, either would be an absolutely fantastic finale.

Could you imagine the freaking hype of MC?! Imagine his E3 reveal opening with the Halo battle theme playing while Covenant forces clash with humanity across an alien landscape. Suddenly, a warthog goes flying off a jump and lands in the middle of the battle, its driver zigzagging around hunters and scorpion tanks. He lifts a rocket launcher from the passenger seat and lets a missile fly, blowing apart a nearby Banshee. Up ahead lies a bunker. He uses the second missile to blow open a hole, jumping through as he rolls the warthog over a squad of Grunts. Sparks flicker in the darkness as his green armor clinks against the metal floor. Skidding to a stop, he rises to see a bright light beginning to illuminate the room in the shape of the Smash Bros logo. With his imagine now visible, Spartan 117 raises his Battle Rifle....."Master Chief finishes the fight!"

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Wait, so I just realized. If the rumored FP11 is indeed Masterchief, then that makes Byleth as 5 seem even more odd. If Nintendo really wanted to end things on a sour note, why make the likes of ****ing Master ****ing Chief our actual final DLC? I have trouble believing that Nintendo's policy on reveals really changed that much in a year. I'm really beginning to think Byleth wasn't planned as our original 5 and they switched him to make Geno 6.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hard to say how any of this works. Like I've said before, I get the feeling that Sakurai had a number of characters in mind for either the base game or DLC but was probably forced to postpone them because of Nintendo or the characters' respective companies. Geno fits this to a T given Sakurai himself admitted that Geno was **** blocked for Brawl.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Geno fits this to a T given Sakurai himself admitted that Geno was **** blocked for Brawl.
Do you have the source for this? I don't remember what was said or happened. To quote TerminalMontage: "I don't know why, I don't even think god knows why".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom