• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Pop'n TwinBee!
Also no SMRPG :0
What the hell is Nintendo smoking? Not only have we been downgraded from four SNES games to two, but we STILL don’t have iconic games such as DKC Trilogy, Mario RPG, Earthbound, and literally countless others.
At this point they should just release them all at once instead of trickling them down since it helps no one by holding them off.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
What gets me that it would cost so little to put GB, GBC, & GBA games on there, and yet we are instead apparently to be impressed by the likes of Super Tennis.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Does this imply that Geno canonically is actually a stuffed doll, like with cotton or the like? Have we all been assuming his characteristics were more wooden and stiff due to his artwork when his properties are actually more fluid and expressive? Are his limbs different material to conceal the weaponry while his torso and head are stuffed with fluff? Does this change how you picture Geno in your mind and how he would fight?

...or is Bowser just bad at insults?
He might have stuffing in some places, like the head/face. Bowser could also maybe never have had a wooden doll before.

What's weirder about this though is when did Bowser learn that Geno was a doll??? You get Geno in Forest Maze which is a short period before getting Bowser at Booster Tower, but throughout the game, I'm pretty sure no one ever mentions that Geno is a doll again after getting Bowser, so... when did he learn this fact?

What the hell is Nintendo smoking? Not only have we been downgraded from four SNES games to two, but we STILL don’t have iconic games such as DKC Trilogy, Mario RPG, Earthbound, and literally countless others.
At this point they should just release them all at once instead of trickling them down since it helps no one by holding them off.
Yeah this trickle of NSO games is really pathetic. It's no wonder people hack their Switches to just add as many roms (and probably more emulators) as they please. :rolleyes:

... not like I'd ever do that with my v1 Switch if the Switch Pro comes out, no sir. I'm totally a law-abiding gamer--- hey what are you doing with my v1 3DS that is most definitely not hacked?! PUT THAT DOWN!

What gets me that it would cost so little to put GB, GBC, & GBA games on there, and yet we are instead apparently to be impressed by the likes of Super Tennis.
Imagine if we got Gen 1-3 of Pokemon and be able to transfer them all over to Pokemon Home (like Gen 1 and 2 VC on the 3DS).

Or y'know, just give people the games already because we wanted VC and got this awful "wait til we give you games" system instead.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Oh god if it ends up being a mini direct I feel like fp6 isnt gonna be revealed. I hope im wrong

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Who is this and why should we trust him?
He's correctly leaked direct dates in the past as well as the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon remake. He's posted about a lot of other possible upcoming games, so we'll just have to see if any of those happen.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
They need to just do a full direct. I want to see whats going on with Nintendo's lineup as well as get FP6.

D

Deleted member

Welp, looks like we’re going to wait for FP6 in March or April. But then again they announced Mario+Rabbids DLC in the 2018 mini direct so perhaps a small chance?

Last edited by a moderator:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
If we do get an announcement for a Direct on Thursday, my mind's going to lean HARD on Dante for #6. However, if no Direct happens this month, and do end up getting one in March, than my mind will lean towards Geno being #6. Challenger Pack 6 being the first fighter in Vol. 2 will set the tone of what this Pass will mostly be about (i.e.; Dante = promotional/popular requests; or Geno = heavy on fan requested characters).

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's possible said "hint" is possibly just a reference to the possibility of Chibi Robo making a comeback and not just a mini-direct. Recall what Zippo said over there being 2 directs and whatnot.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm like 40/60 on a mini direct vs normal direct right now because it hadn't even crossed my mind before but I can see it happening.
  • On one hand, I've been confused by the idea of there being two directs this month, one pretty obviously for just Animal Crossing, because it didn't make sense why they wouldn't just throw it in a normal direct, unless of course it wasn't, its a mini direct. It's clear they don't actually have much for the first half of 2020 and it's the perfect way to reveal stuff like the Xenoblade release date and maybe a big port or two for the first half of the year and save their showstoppers for E3
  • On the other hand the last time they did a mini-direct was more or less for the same reason but was also held in January and they still held a normal direct two months later in March, I don't see them having the mini direct this late and then chucking a normal direct in April to reveal their big titles for 2020, specifically their big Holiday game which is ALWAYS revealed before E3. Plus I'm also like 75% sure that Platinum is going to properly reveal Bayonetta 3 here as one of the Platinum 4.
So pretty much, not thinking a mini direct but not ruling it out either.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Nintendo, I was joking about March...

Though honestly, we are going on halfway through February already so it wouldn't be THAT much longer.

This is what the Nintendo fanbase gets for being greedy and ungrateful.

YOU HAVE ANGERED YOUR GOD WITH YOUR ARROGANCE AND YOUR DIVINE BLESSINGS HAVE BEEN REVOKED!

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
He's correctly leaked direct dates in the past as well as the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon remake. He's posted about a lot of other possible upcoming games, so we'll just have to see if any of those happen.
I still don't see this as a mini direct hint. Seems like he's hinting at something chibi-robo related IMO but that's just me.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I still don't see this as a mini direct hint. Seems like he's hinting at something chibi-robo related IMO but that's just me.
I think the only reason some were thinking it's a mini direct hint is because Nintendo tweeted a Chibi Robo picture for a mini direct in 2018.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
... what if this is meant to be a Smash leak, and Fighter 6 is gonna be Chibi-Robo?
Haha if true. I know a few people who would be very happy. That said, I barely know who the **** Chibi-Robo even is.

I think the only reason some were thinking it's a mini direct hint is because Nintendo tweeted a Chibi Robo picture for a mini direct in 2018.
That's such a stretch IMO.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Man, the way that Nintendo is revealing things on ANYTHING but a direct got to the point of hilarity.

What a way to extend things to the utmost point.

:bowser:.

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
Dang what a whiff on that SNES dump. Its like they are skipping all the games that peeps want like DKC, Earthbound, and SMRPG. If i get those I am all set. Unless they are being saved for Rare replay Nintendo Edition, SMRPG:Remastered/Geno in Smash, and the Earthbound collection. Hmmm.....

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Well the chibi robo picture is obviously a reference to the mini direct. But I don't think it necessarily means it will be a mini one. I mean I actually completely forgot it was a mini. I just associate it with direct announcements. Maybe it's just supposed to be a general "a direct is coming" picture and not specifically referring to the exact type of direct the chibi robo one ended up being.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I'm going to the nobody knows **** train. If a direct is hapenning I just hope is soon :<
btw
There was a problem fetching the tweet
What did he mean by this? :4pacman:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
If these SNES/NES games were the dump the FatMan was talking about, the only thing that feels "dump" about this is that it's a dumpster fire.
Also, these last few announcements could go either way when it comes to a direct this week but a mini direct would definitely feel weird.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If these SNES/NES games were the dump the FatMan was talking about, the only thing that feels "dump" about this is that it's a dumpster fire.
Hopefully it's just the start of something better. They became well aware that NES games were clearly not enough with the mass disliking on all the videos. They must be aware that we'd like all those *classic* fan-favorite SNES games back as well.

Also let's just hope we get a direct announcement in ~10-11 hours :\

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys ,any news on the direct or anything FP6/Genor related?
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

It's (possibly) a mini direct.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So they just shadow dropped Pokemon Home... Something you would think would be announced in a direct or something

T2by4

Smash Lord
>cuphead spirits
>still no Undertale spirits

Is it time for the PapyrusGang to rise up?
tenor (2).gif

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Missed out on the thread the last couple days, but I see interesting and insightful posts and discussions, lots of quality memes/edits, high morale in regards to our boy Geno, and more importantly than that, high morale in regards to Cacomallow. Keep it up, guys!

cacomallow approve.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom