• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Lloyd Irving is definitely the next in line after Geno, Banjo, Ridley and K.Rool. The others would be Isaac and a Zelda Side Character (Midna/Skull Kid)

But after Lloyd, no body else truly seems to have that holy **** impact that a character like K.Rool and Banjo had and what Geno would especially have.
Seeing someone say Llyod is more Banjo level then Isaac is so surreal.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Seeing someone say Llyod is more Banjo level then Isaac is so surreal.
His following has been around for a while and to this day it is still there. I'm willing to say it is as equal to Isaac but not as vocal these days.
I know nothing about the Tales Of series, but I will always view Lloyd as the 5th Legacy Smash character.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I didn't include Lloyd cause I'm confident he will make it in this smash.
Oh I didn't even see your quote. I was like 5 pages behind and didn't even read what he responded to. As for the trifecta, it never really existed it was pretty much K Rool and Ridley and the third character was whoever the person making the list wanted.
His following has been around for a while and to this day it is still there. I'm willing to say it is as equal to Isaac but not as vocal these days.
I know nothing about the Tales Of series, but I will always view Lloyd as the 5th Legacy Smash character.
As someone very acquainted with both, I wouldn't say they are equal at all. In fact, people who claim Llyod is a super massive request always throws me for a loop. He's always been middling at best. I think the Mii costumes are rumors have lead to some confirmation bias but he has never been on the level that Isaac or Geno, or K Rool, or Ridley, or Banjo, or Waluigi. There's a reason he was nowhere to be seen during the ballot days and it wasn't the Mii costume that didn't come until way later.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Rayman, Crash, Lloyd, if we assume Sora is just impossible.

(though I only care about one of those three, personally)

I didn't include Lloyd cause I'm confident he will make it in this smash.
Lloyd and Geno would be awesome for me. I so want to spam Tempest and Geno Whirls.

Also would anyone else be extremely unsatisfied if Lloyd gets in and doesn't say the name of his specials every time he uses them? "TEMPEST! TEMPEST! DEMON FANG! SUPER SONIC THRUST!"

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Who do you guys will take up the mantle of the geno, ridley k.rool trifecta, once they all get in?

I'm thinking Isaac, Bandanna Dee and Shantae
At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man: hopefully no one. The smash fanbase is obsession with patterns and trying to fill these repetitive templates makes the characters less special in my opinion. Why can't we let Lloyd, Isaac, Dee, Shantae, waluigi, Rayman, sans, whoever just be themselves instead of another trifecta? What do they have in common anyway besides "well people want them for smash, but maybe not as much as there's other dudes who were previously know for people wanting them in smash".

Also would anyone else be extremely unsatisfied if Lloyd gets in and doesn't say the name of his specials every time he uses them? "TEMPEST! TEMPEST! DEMON FANG! SUPER SONIC THRUST!"
D*** it, now I REALLY want that.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think once Geno gets in though, there won't be another trifecta character that comes close. Being a big deal since Brawl speculation is a much different story compared to being a big deal during the Smash 4/Ultimate cycle and at this point, anyone who gets in is more than deserving to being a Smash character.

It is just getting Geno with the other speculation legends (:ultridley::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie:) would be extremely special.

On another note, I hope Geno's reveal makes GameFAQ more unhinged and saltier than the day their All Time Greatest Side Kick Poll got rocked by these two legends.

1581126585026.png

Easily one of the most legendary internet stories of all time.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
D*** it, now I REALLY want that.
I do too, also the T/S system because I think they can make it work based on what you do, like Aerials could push towards T and Smashs can push towards S or somethin'; idk it'd be pretty cool.

From what I understand Lloyd has always been big in Japan. Supposedly him and Sora have practically been neck and neck since Brawl.
That's awesome considering it's (Symphonia, of the Tales series) the main one that people in the West care about. I also think they could do a Lloyd+Colette combo or something in one character. There's a lot they can do with the character; I'd be really excited if I got THREE of my top 10 (Symphonia rep was my old #6) in the DLC.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
From what I understand Lloyd has always been big in Japan. Supposedly him and Sora have practically been neck and neck since Brawl.
I've never heard that before from my fellow Llyod fans. I'd be really skeptical of hearing a character is big in Japan specifically. Most of the time comments like that are 1000% unverified.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So I found out there's a limit to how many images you can upload in one post. Had no idea, really. Anyways, here's an image I couldn't put in the Season 2 cameos post.
TMGeno023a.png

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
in the interview, they said "it didn't get anywhere serious" not "nowhere close", so representation via a costume isn't too far fetched. Also in terms of a doom guy costume, I think that could be a possibility also. Maybe it could replace the Geno/Chocobo outfits.
Agreed to dissagree

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I've never heard that before from my fellow Llyod fans. I'd be really skeptical of hearing a character is big in Japan specifically. Most of the time comments like that are 1000% unverified.
I refuse to believe that Lloyd is the most popular over there for a Tales character, considering that Yuri exists. That cutie lad has been banned from popularity polls because everyone loves him too much

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I refuse to believe that Lloyd is the most popular over there for a Tales character, considering that Yuri exists. That cutie lad has been banned from popularity polls because everyone loves him too much
While that's true and same with Leon I wouldn't be surprised if when it came to Smash Llyod did beat him out over there as well. The community always looks at more Nintendo characters more favorably. So with Llyod being the Nintendo Tales character, it's not hard to see why they'd want him more. I mean that's also the only reason he's looked at over here. And furthermore, with Sakurai's comments on Llyod, you can kind of expect the fanbase to fall into similar thinking.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
While that's true and same with Leon I wouldn't be surprised if when it came to Smash Llyod did beat him out over there as well. The community always looks at more Nintendo characters more favorably. So with Llyod being the Nintendo Tales character, it's not hard to see why they'd want him more.
True, but then again we got both Joker and Cloud who aren't really Nintendos, so really we just loop back around to it being anyone's game.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
True, but then again we got both Joker and Cloud who aren't really Nintendos, so really we just loop back around to it being anyone's game.
Also true but that was more Sakurai's vision not matching with the fans' vision. That has eroded the Nintendo bias a lot but it's still there.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
in the interview, they said "it didn't get anywhere serious" not "nowhere close", so representation via a costume isn't too far fetched. Also in terms of a doom guy costume, I think that could be a possibility also. Maybe it could replace the Geno/Chocobo outfits.
Re-read your comment. Yes they did say that it never went any serious

"So we have great people over there but it’s one of those things where it’s like, ‘Wouldn’t it be cool?’ But it’s never gone anywhere serious, so we’ll see."

https://www.techradar.com/news/doomguy-isnt-coming-to-smash-bros-ultimate-at-least-not-yet

So again. Cacamallow is most likely dead.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
So wait, Doom doesn't get anything other than a Cacodemon hat?
If so, would it be part of Challenger Pack 6 or 7?
And wouldn't it be weird for Geno's challenger pack to include Bethesda content when it's supposed to be Square only?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I’ve read those quotes so many times, it was referring to DoomGuy/Marine/Soldier ... don’t we have proof a franchise can be represented without having a fighter via a Mii costume?

the answer is several.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I’ve read those quotes so many times, it was referring to DoomGuy/Marine/Soldier ... don’t we have proof a franchise can be represented without having a fighter via a Mii costume?
Then answer me this. Why would you go after Cacademon and not DoomGuy even if it would just be for a Mii Costume? It¨s like adding a Jinjo costume but not add Banjo Kazooie in any form.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So I've been rethinking some stuff since my post earlier today, and decided to look over the Spirit Events again. Looking over everything, pretty much every major Nintendo-Published release since the launch of Smash Ultimate has received some form of Spirit Event/Addition.
  • Super Mario Party : Had 3 Spirits added in a Mario themed event a few weeks after Ultimate launched
  • Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee : Had a Spirit Gift for Partner Pikachu and Partner Eevee at Ultimate's Launch if you had the Save Data
  • New Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe : Peachette Spirit added in an event 4 months after release
  • Labo : Got a Spirit Event
  • Tetris 99 : Got a Spirit Event half a year later
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses : Got a character and a Spirit Board
  • Astral Chain : Had a Spirit Event 4 months after launch
  • Daemon X Machina : Had a Spirit Event at Launch
  • Links Awakening : Had a Spirit Event at E3
  • Dragon Quest XI S : Got a Character, Spirit Board, and a Gift Spirit as well
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield : Had a Spirit Event at launch
Seriously, when you actually look at the list of Nintendo Published games, the only ones that haven't gotten something are Fitness Boxing and Ring Fit Adventure, which are both exercise games, Brain Age, which already has representation through Dr.Kawashima, Super Mario Maker 2, which is a level editor and Mario Maker already has a stage and costume in Smash, and Yoshi's Crafted World, which already got a costume and a Fighter spirit in the base game.

Which just leaves Luigi's Mansion 3 as the odd one out. You can argue about whether Luigi having the Poltergust G-00 in his moveset counts but if anything that just makes it weirder that it would be part of the game but not get anything Spirit wise, theres a bunch of new characters in the game they could work with yet they just didn't do anything with it yet. Spirit Events don't always coincide with the release of the game, but the longer we go without something the weirder it looks. Could they just randomly do an event for it next week? Yea, but I have to concede it's a real possibility that Waluigi COULD happen with this, which I'd be cool with if it didn't leave open the very real possibility in my mind that Geno, Mallow, and Smithy costumes could indeed come with him.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Which just leaves Luigi's Mansion 3 as the odd one out. You can argue about whether Luigi having the Poltergust G-00 in his moveset counts but if anything that just makes it weirder that it would be part of the game but not get anything Spirit wise, theres a bunch of new characters in the game they could work with yet they just didn't do anything with it yet. Spirit Events don't always coincide with the release of the game, but the longer we go without something the weirder it looks. Could they just randomly do an event for it next week? Yea, but I have to concede it's a real possibility that Waluigi COULD happen with this, which I'd be cool with if it didn't leave open the very real possibility in my mind that Geno, Mallow, and Smithy costumes could indeed come with him.
Or it means that King Boo get¨s in which would make more sense with LM3 spirits?

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Why are you guys talking about Lloyd and other non-related characters when this is a Geno thread?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Or it means that King Boo get¨s in which would make more sense with LM3 spirits?
Do you see a Universe where they start Fighter Pass 2 with King Boo? Of course not. I do very much see a Universe where they start Pass 2 with Waluigi. I'm not really onboard with it but I've said before it's the one place I can see him showing up.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Bro King Boo is one of my favorite Mario characters I'd be STOKED if he got in.

Especially if they go the Wario route and make both of his designs playable, half gets his look in Luigi's Mansion and the other half gets his look everywhere else.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So basically, we might get Waluigi as a playable character... with Spirits based off of Luigi's Mansion 3? It would be a really weird decision if it happens, but hey, as long as it would shoot down the "this character can't get in because they wouldn't bring in new Spirits and music" argument...

I want to say that if Geno's a costume again, he's coming with a Square Enix character, but as the Banjo and Byleth costume waves have shown... yeah, Waluigi bringing back the Geno costume with him is a very real (and scary) possibility now.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Do you see a Universe where they start Fighter Pass 2 with King Boo? Of course not. I do very much see a Universe where they start Pass 2 with Waluigi. I'm not really onboard with it but I've said before it's the one place I can see him showing up.
I¨m not saying that they will either. I¨m just saying that with your logic, it would make sense to only add Advance Wars spirit with Byleth since Advance Wars and Fire Emblem comes from the same company. On top of that, it is extremely non-sensical concidering there is still an aspect of the sport/party games (which Waluigi is mostly known from) is yet to be in the game. If Waluigi comes (which I highly doubt) it won¨t be with LM3 spirits

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Why are you guys talking about Lloyd and other non-related characters when this is a Geno thread?
I know this started at Geno but it's definitely time to reign it back in guys. Something something let's not get locked yet again.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I am not saying that CacoMallow is 100%, but it is still a possibility.
So you are comparing Cacademon, to an actual mascot for a franchise? Sorry, but your argument here does not work.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Then answer me this. Why would you go after Cacademon and not DoomGuy even if it would just be for a Mii Costume? It¨s like adding a Jinjo costume but not add Banjo Kazooie in any form.
It's almost like adding an Assassin's Creed costume without Assassin's Creed fighter.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Your back must be hurting to keep moving the goal post...
How is my comment moving the goal post? The article was about Sakurai being open about working with Slime if he did not get Hero. The difference between Slime and Cacodemon is that the former is a mascot while the latter is not! There is a reason I wrote, "it¨s like getting Jinjo costumes from Banjo Kazooie but nothing about the Bear and the bird themself". So why not explain to me what I¨m missing instead of just writing a "moving the goal post" comment`?

It's almost like adding an Assassin's Creed costume without Assassin's Creed fighter.
Ehm... you just proved my point instead of being a counter-argument. Had the AC costume been a random generic solider, then that would have been completely different. Yes, Slime is a generic enemy too, but the difference is that HE IS THE MASCOT OF DRAGONS QUEST. What I¨m trying to say is, in case it's not clear ( l lack sleep so I would not be surprised if it's not). If they are not gonna do Doom Guy as a fighter... why would they go for a Cacademon outfit when they have proven that they can do popular Mii Costumes that look like the character aka not have Doom Guy as the Mii Costume then????

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The issue is that: I don’t care if a person believes in the CacoMallow or not. Its up in the air for me, but still is a possibility. It’s simple, it’s real or not. However, if a person cannot even be open to a possibility, even if it’s small, that it is possible with supportive evidence ... then that person is unreasonable:

Argument: The interview said no doom guy, so no way CacoMallow leak is real.

Counter: interview never said NO content, just not serious talks on DoomGuy. So a Mii costume can be on the table

Argument: WELL, pfft, no way they would approach a company for just a Mii costume!

Counter: umm, assassins creed and indie stuff?

Argument: Bah! But those are mascots the face of the company, never will happen if they are not:

Counter: rabbids came from Rayman, where is he?

Argument: Look! Company will not allow their non mascot character to be used! Even if Sakurai doesn’t want it!

Counter: slime is dragon quests mascot eh? Is he a fighter? From the article his goal was for hero.

That’s where i draw the line of people being unreasonable. You can believe what you want. That’s fine. There are things I don’t think will happen, but never say it’s not possible. If a person brings out a good point, I’ll give them that and say it’s valid. Will it change my mind? Probably not, but I would agree that it adds to the possibility of something that could happen. But out right dismissing other points/counter arguments that lead to POSSIBiLiTY as invalid drives me insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom