• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Wait... So like... Im not sure if im just dumb and thats a joke but like, is that actually sakurai, or is it just a possibility. Cuz if that is the real deal then thats kind of... A huge deal, im a bit surprised this is the first time ive heard of that.
Edit: and if the part about him making a stage similar to something from a terminal montage video then... Thats also pretty damn big, i mean arent the geno videos some of his most popular videos?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait... So like... Im not sure if im just dumb and thats a joke but like, is that actually sakurai, or is it just a possibility. Cuz if that is the real deal then thats kind of... A huge deal, im a bit surprised this is the first time ive heard of that.
It’s definitely the real deal. The guy has over 2,000 hours in Smash and has a full friend list. And his posts have stuff that we can’t upload like directly uploaded music.

Which one? Theres the one with only around 100,000 or so views from 2013 talking directly to Sakurai: こんにちは桜井さん (Dear Sakurai) - Geno for Smash Bros!

and there's his more popular one, something about Geno for smash: Something About GENO FOR SMASH BROS ULTIMATE ‍
Definitely the more popular one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So what I’m hearing is that we need to inspect Sakurai’s play history to figure out who’s coming to Smash

D

Deleted member

It could also be a dev console or one used by the dev team in the office and not specifically Sakurai’s. But, this is still a huge deal.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Three of the "popular" ones on the list that have more or less been deconfirmed by their creators along with notable insiders are Kos-Mos, Arle, and Travis and why I bother saying them. One misconception is that it's a true list but it's mostly just a collection of names that were supposedly pitched and rejected for one reason or another that various insiders have pieced together. Not really anyway to prove the validity of the full list but it's food for thought.
....... Does this mean Arle is done for? I am really saddened by that as I was really hoping for her....... :'(
d4kbz48-b5adf943-19d3-4e99-8ea3-d96747605984.png

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
While I don't think Byleth was "meant" for the base roster, I feel like they would have been better suited there. If not, I do believe they would have been better earlier in FP1 or put in FP2 instead.
I don¨t know... The Smash community has such a hate boner for the series that it is ridiculous.

Something else I just looked into, because why the hell not!? There was this Fire Emblem Direct back in January 2017 that announced that a game for the Switch was happening and was announced for 2018. But it got delayed to Spring 2019. So if the original plan was to have a new Fire Emblem guy for Smash base, it could have been changed because of the delay.
If this was the cause then they would have done a double reveal with Terry at the latest. Or being a bonus if you purchased the entire second pass.

I say it before and I say it again. The last piece of DLC got a trailer the same day Byleth was announced and that is no way in hell coincidences. Stuff like this is planned out.

On that note, what are the odds of two technical Tecmo characters in a row?
Byleth is not a Koei Techmo rep. Yes, they worked on the game, but it is still not a koei techmo rep. With your logic, Marvel is Koei Techmo characters because they made Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 if that would be the cause

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I feel like if they added Black Knight over Byleth the reaction would have been a lot better since it would have destroyed the "assist trophies can't be promoted" fan rule

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I feel like if they added Dark Knight over Byleth the reaction would have been a lot better since it would have destroyed the "assist trophies can't be promoted" fan rule
They should have added Black Knight instead of Chrom, to begin with.

Also, do I need to remind you all that they didn¨t manage to get Rex and Pyra in the base game because they were to new? It all feels like you want to find excuses for why they were added. I get if y´all are disappointed, but yeesh

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That movie was great

I agree, besides he's just awesome with that dark and red armor and his big sword
If there was anything FE lacks,, then its villains.

But anyway, when do you all think we are getting some more games for SNES online? Because my Wii recently died and I want to play SMRPG again :( (never owned it on SNES since I live in Sweden and SMRPG never got a release in Europe)

Polarthief

Smash Lord
....... Does this mean Arle is done for? I am really saddened by that as I was really hoping for her....... :'(
Low-key TBH same, when PapaGenos was saying she was the most likely. An RPG/Puzzle rep woulda been pretty cool, plus I'd kinda gotten used to the idea of her being around. (I) Feel kinda bad for her.

Also can someone throw me a decent-rez of the Geno hat/direct me to where I can get it that everyone around here happens to have? I'd like to slap one on my icon... and elsewhere.

But anyway, when do you all think we are getting some more games for SNES online?
At the rate it's been going? Months from now. Sure would be cool if Doom and SMRPG just happened to casually drop on there though... ;)
I've also wanted an official way to play SMRPG portably for the longest time, so that would be a nice dream come true if it happened.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Low-key TBH same, when PapaGenos was saying she was the most likely. An RPG/Puzzle rep woulda been pretty cool, plus I'd kinda gotten used to the idea of her being around. (I) Feel kinda bad for her.

Also can someone throw me a decent-rez of the Geno hat/direct me to where I can get it that everyone around here happens to have? I'd like to slap one on my icon.
Calling ActualGarbage ActualGarbage

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I really need to stop the bad habit of editing my previous posts, lol. Also thank you Icewolff! I figure if I'm gonna do more than just lurk around here, I should get the hat on.

D

Deleted member

Also can someone throw me a decent-rez of the Geno hat/direct me to where I can get it that everyone around here happens to have? I'd like to slap one on my icon... and elsewhere.

At the rate it's been going? Months from now. Sure would be cool if Doom and SMRPG just happened to casually drop on there though... ;)
I've also wanted an official way to play SMRPG portably for the longest time, so that would be a nice dream come true if it happened.
Here you go
F7A5FD5D-C2BB-49BF-AF39-8C6E609EA3B7.png

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here is another meme I made, which is supposed to represent our support for Geno getting in, and out time coming when or if that happens.

No offense to anyone.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
So, how has your day/night been, lads and gents?

All I've got to report was the Completionist doing a video on my baby girl, and I thought that was pretty cool. Other than that, I think aside from the Byleth embers, everything's starting to slow back down again.

I really should edit the Geno hat onto my Shantae, preferably the tin-foil variety.

I am homered to be in, honestly.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Would appreciate a higher rez since I had to shrink my icon down a bit to fit the one I was given. Thank you! <3
So the Geno hat I have is only 233 x 166 which is bizarre since it looks good in big images.
Now, I'm not gonna say DM me the the furry art so I can do it myself because that looks questionable but, you know, would you kindly just, hand over the furry.

D

Deleted member

So, how has your day/night been, lads and gents?

All I've got to report was the Completionist doing a video on my baby girl, and I thought that was pretty cool. Other than that, I think aside from the Byleth embers, everything's starting to slow back down again.

I really should edit the Geno hat onto my Shantae, preferably the tin-foil variety.
Ah, a hardcore Genobro. Take special precaution.
7D8CC583-3F59-4F96-947A-CD807333556C.png

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
If there was anything FE lacks,, then its villains.

But anyway, when do you all think we are getting some more games for SNES online? Because my Wii recently died and I want to play SMRPG again :( (never owned it on SNES since I live in Sweden and SMRPG never got a release in Europe)
Indeed, him or any other villains would fit very well

And I feel you because i was born in 2001 so it was a shame that i couldn't experience a lot of games until much later on ^^", and about the SNES online i think they want to take their time with it or they're holding SMRPG to announce it with a certain puppet boy :bobomb:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
20200118_185215.jpg

*Squeals internally* :surprised:

So that just happened. I didn't even know about this scene. The first time we see the Geno doll, a little boy is playing with Nintendo toys and having them fight! Then Geno comes to life shortly after! That's Smash! I also feel so stupid because I wasn't thinking how perfect Geno fits with the theme of Smash. Why hasn't this happened yet exactly? :facepalm:

I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest this: Geno needs to have a Smash 64 homage trailer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom