• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That guy wasn't going for accuracy, he just wanted to show that Mii Costume modding was possible. He explicitly mentioned that.

Hmm, really? Well then I guess you should check out this speculation round-up post I made back in December. It goes over a lot of the main stuff going on regarding speculation and rumors/leaks, and it's still pretty accurate since not much has changed since then aside from Byleth.
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-on-to-fighters-pass-2-speculation.446378/post-23735985

People give Sabi **** for being an asshole (why doesn't the word filter block out this word?) who (allegedly) does terrible things, but when they make claims like this (ie. leaks) I have no doubt that they're on the level, especially since every leak they've given has to my knowledge been right so far.

Anyways... yay, an actual Paper Mario game! When's the last time we had that? I bet Arlo's gonna be happy to see that, eh?

Not sure, but this guy mentioned a Paper Mario 64 remake back in November.
Yep, this got extensive coverage months ago:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eu...-wants-to-bring-cancelled-3ds-games-to-switch

Googled "cancelled 3DS games" and it brought up like 6 articles from this time period.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Sabi saying that Paper Mario returning to it's roots, if true, makes me feel immediately better after a disappointing week of lame Smash news.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I don't care if it's a remake/HD port of 64 or TTYD, the fact that we're getting a Switch (... it's not 3DS, right?) Paper Mario *RPG* is massive to me.

As much as I'd love a true PM 3, I'm fine with an HD port of the original(s)... and maybe, HOPEFULLY, SMRPG?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I don't care if it's a remake/HD port of 64 or TTYD, the fact that we're getting a Switch (... it's not 3DS, right?) Paper Mario *RPG* is massive to me.

As much as I'd love a true PM 3, I'm fine with an HD port of the original(s)... and maybe, HOPEFULLY, SMRPG?
It seems to be a new game, Sabi piggybacked this info from Zippo (a resetera user) who said the same thing just minutes before and also clarified that it is not a remake.

zi[[p.PNG

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
For the love of God and all that is holy, please do not tell me that Zippo is becoming another "Super reputable 100% accurate never wrong insider"

MisterMike

Smash Champion
For the love of God and all that is holy, please do not tell me that Zippo is becoming another "Super reputable 100% accurate never wrong insider"
Not yet, but right now he's at least living up to his namesake by lighting up our night.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
It seems to be a new game, Sabi piggybacked this info from Zippo (a resetera user) who said the same thing just minutes before and also clarified that it is not a remake.
If this is fake, I will hunt them both down DX

(Good) Mario RPGs are totally my jam. Said jams died with SMRPG, TTYD, and Bowser's Inside Story.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Wario Land VB feels really weird to me. We know it had to be real at one point, It was leaked back in 2018 in a 4chan post along with a bunch of correct info for WarioWare Gold and Links Awakening, which was apparently going to be a 3DS release. It was being done by Skip, the Chibi Robo guys, but who knows where it is now.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Uhhh rather not considering it'd probably down to either him or Geno as a Mario RPG rep. Getting both Waluigi and Geno in and of itself in FP2 feels liek a stretch to me.
While I'd prefer Geno (my #1 pick), Paper Mario (previously my #3, now #2 since Banjo is in), based on 64/TTYD or rather "the good ones" (which may also include this Paper Mario 3) would be a more than acceptable substitute for me. If we got either, I would not be unhappy... If we got BOTH though... owo

****, crazy idea. What if Geno's costume is AWOL cuz he was planned, but Paper Mario 3 is also our holiday 2020 title and he gets in as well to promote it? DLC 6: Doomguy (half the CacoMallow leak), DLC 7: Geno (the other half), DLC 8: Paper Mario (promoting the new holiday 2020 title, PM3?)... Total stretch I know; the biggest stretch might be thinking PM 3 could be a holiday title.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
While I'd prefer Geno (my #1 pick), Paper Mario (previously my #3, now #2 since Banjo is in), based on 64/TTYD or rather "the good ones" (which may also include this Paper Mario 3) would be a more than acceptable substitute for me. If we got either, I would not be unhappy... If we got BOTH though... owo
Yeah I just definitely don't see both getting in practically speaking.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The thing that gets me is the "Return to form" bit. Of course being Paper Mario, we would assume back to N64 and TTYD way of doing things...but what if it means having elements of SMRPG? Wasn't Paper Mario 64 suppose to be SMRPG 2 at one time?

I would lose my mind if we got a BIG leak that Square was helping with it...a man can surely dream.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah I just definitely don't see both getting in practically speaking.
Oh I know, total stretch. The problem is if it's Geno vs PM, well, one's supposedly getting a new game and is also fairly requested to represent Mario RPGs, and the other has been a dead character since the one game he's been in (and had a teensy, tiny, cameo in another future Mario RPG). Sadly I feel like the blue doll will be losing that battle.

Or maybe not and Sakurai will both shill and deliver to Mario RPG fans?

The thing that gets me is the "Return to form" bit. Of course being Paper Mario, we would assume back to N64 and TTYD way of doing things...but what if it means having elements of SMRPG? Wasn't Paper Mario 64 suppose to be SMRPG 2 at one time?

I would lose my mind if we got a BIG leak that Square was helping with it...a man can surely dream.
Yes, PM64 was intended to be SMRPG 2. I mean, Timed Hits (now known as "Action Commands") are the staple mechanic in Paper Mario (and even Mario & Luigi, too!).

IIRC, isn't PM 64 titled "Super Mario RPG 2" in Japan?

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Oh I know, total stretch. The problem is if it's Geno vs PM, well, one's supposedly getting a new game and is also fairly requested to represent Mario RPGs, and the other has been a dead character since the one game he's been in (and had a teensy, tiny, cameo in another future Mario RPG). Sadly I feel like the blue doll will be losing that battle.

Or maybe not and Sakurai will both shill and deliver to Mario RPG fans?

One has also been more highly requested and for longer, had Sakurai say they wanted them in as far back as Brawl, would count as an SE rep, and isn't another version of a character already on the roster.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don’t see why Sakurai can’t change his mind for characters like Geno (if he really wouldn’t count for whatever reason), Waluigi, etc. At least Geno falls under being a Sakurai pick based on stuff he’s said and liking a Instagram post about a Geno doll.

I really don’t like these arguments that put restrictions on characters.
Cannot say spirits do decomfirm, but if both npcs and spirits actually do in Nintendos definitoon, that would really mean Nintendo really didnt put them in the front row but went for Rosalina and plant piranha instead.

I would think in the view of fans it's rather offensive, since its fair to say at least Waluigi could has made it in the current nine Mario reps, and considering Sakurai was supportive of Geno but still prefer other characters in the end.

Back to the realistic part, we'd never knew if Nintendo is gonna change their mind for other characters instead, and we cannot blame them for requests they don't need to fulfill in the end.

And like I always said, wish that Miyamoto and other Mario directors are the ones to change their mind first.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Now that Paper Mario could be going back to it's roots, i'd love to see Paper Mario as a fighter, just make sure he doesn't use any of that Sticker Star or Color Splash nonsense.

Of course, Geno deserves it more, and i'd rather see him get in if I had to choose between the two, but i'm not gonna pretend like the Fighter's Pass 2 style favors Geno over PM when there is so much shill potential with the latter.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
It was "Mario Story" in Japan.
See, I knew that, but for some reason I keep thinking that was the PAL release name and it was SMRPG2 in Japan. I wish my memory wasn't abysmal.

One has also been more highly requested and for longer, had Sakurai say they wanted them in as far back as Brawl, would count as an SE rep, and isn't another version of a character already on the roster.
But one also advertises for a new game...
TBH I still do think that Geno is in (I went all-in just hours ago!), but if push came to shove and it had to be one of them, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw them pick PM over Geno. If it even came to that. Who knows? Maybe PM isn't even on the table.

This is absolutely gonna be a wait-and-see til we get a Direct to actually confirm the PM leak first. Let's also see the game first.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Fan picks > Shill picks
True, but plenty of people still do want PM as a fighter. Plus a fan pick can also be a shill pick. What if Ridley got delayed til Metroid Prime 4's release (if it was gonna be released this year) for example? Obviously a shill pick at that point, but wouldn't it still be a fan pick as well? What if Geno got released alongside SMRPG coming to the SNES NSO games, and then SMRPG got an HD remake?

Also, it's ultimately up to Nintendo (and possibly Sakurai for FP2?), and they've already picked the characters for the NEXT TWO YEARS, so I would be surprised if they didn't make some picks (at minimum 1) based around the lineup through Holiday 2021.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
See, I knew that, but for some reason I keep thinking that was the PAL release name and it was SMRPG2 in Japan. I wish my memory wasn't abysmal.
If i remember correctly, Super Mario RPG 2 was the initial name for Paper Mario 64 but since things were not so good between Square Enix and Nintendo after the release of SMRPG they changed their minds and made a new story

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sakurai: You guys want more Zelda reps? Well here is 8-Bit Link, Animated Series Link, and CDI Link. Have a nice day and thank you for watching. :troll:

Not gonna lie, CDI Link would be hilarious and it would also represent the CDI (not that the CDI really deserves representation, but still). I would want him just for his taunt being,:"I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!" He's worth it for the meme potential.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, CDI Link would be hilarious and it would also represent the CDI (not that the CDI really deserves representation, but still). I would want him just for his taunt being,:"I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!" He's worth it for the meme potential.
If CDI Link wasn't in FP2 but was a bonus meme slot like PP, I would go ape (in a good way) over that. If he was part of FP2, I would have a completely opposite attitude (but would still appreciate the meme potential after I was done being mad).

Edit: That said, because of Daisy losing HI I'M DAISY randomly, I feel like all the funny meme stuff wouldn't be there (seriously, I'm still low-key salty over that; Daisy was gonna be one of my mains if she had that as a taunt).

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I just realized that person who kept coming into the thread and getting mad because there wasn't a female character in the FP yet finally got their wish lmao

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I just realized that person who kept coming into the thread and getting mad because there wasn't a female character in the FP yet finally got their wish lmao
I know, right? What a Monkey's Paw thing for them: They finally get a female fighter for DLC, but it's Byleth. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Disturbedfan199220

Smash Rookie
We have too many Fire Emblem Characters I guess Blythe was better than nothing. I loved Super Mario RPG the Seven Stars when I was a little kid and I would like an out of the ordinary character like Geno and these following Characters from the Mario Bros, Yoshi and Wario series. I would add these characters from these respective series if I was the games director.

* = New Character
Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina & Luma
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Piranha Plant
*Shy Guy
*Paper Mario
*Waluigi
*Geno
*King Boo
*Captain Toad

Wario Series
Wario
*Ashley

Yoshi Series
Yoshi
*Kamek

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Man, I hope doomguy gets in. It reminds me of the days where isaac and skull kid fans were real keen on a double reveal with those two. To see one of our bros not make it would be kind of sad, even if I'll ultimately accept it because Geno is in.

Last edited:

Disturbedfan199220

Smash Rookie
Man, I hope doomguy gets in. It reminds me of the days where isaac and skull kid fans were real keen on a double reveal with those two. To see one of our bros not make it would be kind of sad, even if I'll ultimately accept it because Geno is in.
I want Skull Kid, Geno and Isaac certainly, If I were directing the Ultimate Sequel, they would all be priority characters I would add!!!

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
We have too many Fire Emblem Characters I guess Blythe was better than nothing. I loved Super Mario RPG the Seven Stars when I was a little kid and I would like an out of the ordinary character like Geno and these following Characters from the Mario Bros, Yoshi and Wario series. I would add these characters from these respective series if I was the games director.

* = New Character
Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina & Luma
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Piranha Plant
*Shy Guy
*Paper Mario
*Waluigi
*Geno
*King Boo
*Captain Toad

Wario Series
Wario
*Ashley

Yoshi Series
Yoshi
*Kamek
That's a nice list you got there man and welcome to the thread, make yourself at home and enjoy your stay!

Disturbedfan199220

Smash Rookie
That's a nice list you got there man and welcome to the thread, make yourself at home and enjoy your stay!
Thanks, I know a list like this is unlikely to happen, but this is who I would add if I were in the directors spot. I have always believed that the more characters players can choose from, the better the ratings and sales go!!!

D

Deleted member

Watching PapaGenos stuff Channel's good can't leave that. So I look forward go whatever he brings is in the future.

Anyway his reaction to Byleth was kinda what a lot of people were feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disturbedfan199220

Smash Rookie
Watching PapaGenos stuff Channel's good can't leave that. So I look forward go whatever he brings is in the future.

Anyway his reaction to Byleth was kinda what a lot of people were feeling.
I would personally like a Fire Emblem villain, such as the Black Knight from Path of Raidence/Radiant Dawn, as like an echo fighter to Ike.

D

Deleted member

I would personally like a Fire Emblem villain, such as the Black Knight from Path of Raidence/Radiant Dawn, as like an echo fighter to Ike.
Oh you must be a new face nice to meet you. Welcome to the main Geno support thread though by now you've probably been welcomed. That sounds cool but for now please no more. Fire Emblem.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Thanks, I know a list like this is unlikely to happen, but this is who I would add if I were in the directors spot. I have always believed that the more characters players can choose from, the better the ratings and sales go!!!
You're welcome, and i agree with you that if that was the case Nintendo would basically be like this:
PicsArt_01-18-02.12.55-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom