• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

On that leak, I agree that someone could of screenshot the image for proof.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
If Geno makes it, I pity the next popular character the auto-detractors will go after, saying how they are impossible because reasons.
I can see it now

*Geno gets in and months later for new fight speculation*

Fans: "I hope Crash get's in!"

4Chan, GameFAQS, ETC.: "Crash is lame, he is irrelevant. He is so stupid, like you!"

Fans: "Wait, didn't you guys say that about Geno?"

4Chan, GameFAQS, etc.: "No, it's great to have him! Like Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo!"

Fans: "..."

Firox

Smash Master
With my full head of hair, no debt, beautiful wife, Master's degree, awesome cats, supporting friends and family, and my CCR and Weird Al CDs
Well I've got 4/8 of those....and don't really care about weird Al, so I guess I'm in good shape?....man, I really miss my teenage head of hair...

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
If we get Geno as a costume cuz someone broke a pane of glass, walked under a ladder and kicked a black cat, AT LEAST make him as good as Sans.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Go ahead and message me on Discord. I have something to say to you.
Commander J JarBear and general Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I'll follow y'all too hell and back sirs.

Lmao! So true.

I can see it now

4Chan, GameFAQS, ETC.: "Crash is lame, he is irrelevant. He is so stupid, like you!"

4Chan, GameFAQS, etc.: "No, it's great to have him! Like Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo!"

Yoda: Revisionist they're! Hmm.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
I can see it now

****ing hate people like that

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I think that if Cacomallow was fake, the faker would've come forward at this point. It's pretty clear that whatever they did was rather impressive in regards to modding (Seeing as how its been over 2 months and no one has managed to recreate it). If I were them, I would've taken the glory after a week and shown how I did it. People in general are attention hungry, this dude likely would not have remained anonymous for so long when he could be known as a great Smash Ultimate modder. It only took, like, a week for ArtsyOmni to come forward with his extremely impressive fake, so I don't see why this dude wouldn't claim credit similarly. There's a chance that he's playing the long game and is really just a master troll, but those chances are pretty slim imo. If I were him, I would've come forward over a month ago.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Well... theres this...

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/492646732

Reading some of these messages is just... disgusting... like, wtf is wrong with these people?
This is why all the handwringing “hey u guys remember not to murder if Geno is a Mii Costume.......” posts are so annoying to me. The worst thing I’ve seen Geno fans sums up to “I hate Sora” or “Who is Terry? I wanted Geno!”. And on the flip slide you have... that. And it’s easy to write it off as /v/ ****posting but this happens just as much on more “reputable” sites like reddit and Twitter. I’m just not seeing the rabid toxicity from Geno fans that people are so concerned about as I am toxicity to the Geno fanbase specifically.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So on the subject of this rumored /v/ image leak... I'm totally unsure. There is an instance of a picture in a currently active thread being different on the archive, and I'm not sure if that's some kind of genuine error or if there's a trick a user can do to get the image to be different if archived, much like there are tricks to make the thumbnail different from the enlarged picture, or to hide the filetype.

Obviously the original thread has 404'd so there's no way to see an archive of it outside of the typical thread archive sites so if it's ****ed up on all of them, we're SOL. I think it's safest to assume that this is all a ruse by some discord group as has been stated here before, but in the event it was real, seeing it doesn't much matter.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I can see it now

Before reveal:

'Nobody cares about Geno. He is nothing, forgotten and a waste of a fighter space. You're all idiots.'

After reveal:

'Geno is crazy popular and well known by Smash fans. It was pretty obvious he was going to make it.'

Seeing the 180 people did on K Rool almost snapped my neck with all the whiplash. People who were denouncing him for weeks then acted like they were his biggest supporters. One SmashFAQs user, whose hatred of K Rool bordered on obsession, then defended him after being added, implying that HE was always supporting K Rool and the SUPPORTERS were the detractors.

With the internet, how much of stuff like that is a trolling act, and how much is it pure disturbing insanity?

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
I would die from all the salt that would commence if Geno somehow was 5. Pretzels for all of us on the house.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I can see it now

This is the segment of the Smash community that gets on my nerves the most. The kind that will constantly paint Smash fans as entitled crybabies whenever a more obscure character gets in and trashing all popular picks, until a popular pick gets in of course, then they're obligated to love them because they sacrificed the right to their own opinions a long time ago.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Hello old chap!

It's been good! Hope you've been well. I'm finishing up Something About Iceborne now, meant to have it ready in December but I injured my hand and there were holidays :x but after that I got a lot of Nintendo parodies on my list. (;

Inching closer and closer to Something About SMRPG : P
Oh wow, didn't realize you were the actual TerminalMontage. My wife and I died laughing watching your BOTW and Bird Up videos. We say bird up all the time now hahaha. Looking forward to Iceborne and SMRPG!

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
So on the subject of this rumored /v/ image leak... I'm totally unsure. There is an instance of a picture in a currently active thread being different on the archive, and I'm not sure if that's some kind of genuine error or if there's a trick a user can do to get the image to be different if archived, much like there are tricks to make the thumbnail different from the enlarged picture, or to hide the filetype.

Obviously the original thread has 404'd so there's no way to see an archive of it outside of the typical thread archive sites so if it's ****ed up on all of them, we're SOL. I think it's safest to assume that this is all a ruse by some discord group as has been stated here before, but in the event it was real, seeing it doesn't much matter.
There was an image link? But it was taken down?

D

Deleted member

There probably wasn't, but if there was, it's gone.

There's like, 99.999999999999% no way that someone didn't save the image or screenshot it or something before the thread went away, so it's likely all a ruse.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
It wasn't. Someone posted a random image, deleted it, and then pretended it was something else and that the /v/ archive was displaying the wrong image in the thumbnail(it does that sometimes, so does the site). It wasn't, its just a discord pretending like stuff is happening to drum up drama.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
"don't sweat"... "enjoy"...?

No need to speak a foreign language, man.
Yeah Fatman, I mean if ya got info to share I'm sure we'd all like it lol

I mean we've been waiting 4 months since Terry was revealed

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I think that if Cacomallow was fake, the faker would've come forward at this point. It's pretty clear that whatever they did was rather impressive in regards to modding (Seeing as how its been over 2 months and no one has managed to recreate it). If I were them, I would've taken the glory after a week and shown how I did it. People in general are attention hungry, this dude likely would not have remained anonymous for so long when he could be known as a great Smash Ultimate modder. It only took, like, a week for ArtsyOmni to come forward with his extremely impressive fake, so I don't see why this dude wouldn't claim credit similarly. There's a chance that he's playing the long game and is really just a master troll, but those chances are pretty slim imo. If I were him, I would've come forward over a month ago.
These are great points. If there's anything more powerful than spite, it's narcissism. No way the faker wouldn't have wanted to cash in on the glory by now, especially if their trolling attempt backfires and Geno ACTUALLY ends up in the game. After that point, no one will believe them that the "leak" was fake to begin with and they'd get zero credit.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait- does this mean-...
View attachment 257738
No. I'll stomp that out right now. Unless something was comically borked along the way, Geno's not going to show up tomorrow in any capacity. That's what I mean: you all can watch the presentation tomorrow without fear of a Geno deconfirmation and I'm like 95% confident on that.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
No. I'll stomp that out right now. Unless something was comically borked along the way, Geno's not going to show up tomorrow in any capacity. That's what I mean: you all can watch the presentation tomorrow without fear of a Geno deconfirmation and I'm like 95% confident on that.
Geno won't be character 5 or in the Mii costumes tomorrow because Geno himself will be the one presenting the event.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
We should all know by now the 5th fighter is going to be from a series NOT already in Smash, which has been the case for fighters 1 - 4 so far ... we just don't want to see his Mii costume tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom