• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I saw the Spirits debate came back again not long ago. I think it definitely negates a character's chances for Fighter's Pass 1, but not what comes afterwards if Sakurai really aims to please ans many people as he can. I feel if any Spirit will be promoted, it'll be Geno cuz of the fanbase he has, with Shantae a vague maybe in the distant future of DLC (which pains me to say as a fan of hers).

volbound1700

Smash Master
So while we're all doing what we've been doing, Papa Genos coming through with the mad speculation plays.
Thoughts? I don't think it means anything personally, but it sure is funny.

I think they'll have to come up with something for his Up Special, definitely.

Memory's a bit fuzzy, what was that one again?

Boshi would be a pretty good Echo Fighter. Not sure how they'd incorporate his knife into his moveset, though.
PapaGenos has lost it and has no clue who FP5 is going to be.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think he's just having fun with it, just like I did the other day with Daisy Theory (and, ironically, people were still mad at me for it despite repeated warnings that I was being trolly with it). He's a chill guy and I think he gives even less of a **** about being right or wrong than I do. He just likes to speculate and doesn't do the giant logic puzzles or theorycrafting that I do. I do it largely for the mental exercise. I'm pretty sure he exclusively does it for fun.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Whelp, Pokemon Direct is today. Can't say I am looking forward to it, but I am curious what they are going to discuss. At the very least, the Pokemon Direct will likely lead the way for a Direct next week, considering past trends.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Whelp, Pokemon Direct is today. Can't say I am looking forward to it, but I am curious what they are going to discuss. At the very least, the Pokemon Direct will likely lead the way for a Direct next week, considering past trends.
Plot twist: Next Nintendo direct doesn't come until April. Or worse, E3.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
Ignorant of you to say he's "lost it". He hardly posts anymore because, unlike other speculation YouTubers, due discusses things that carry weight and not just every Smash "leak" he finds like LaxChris or Blocked Content. Dude is just reading into what he can to keep his base entertained.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
♪♪Me and y'all: I love the waiting game! Don't you love the waiting game? I don't love the waiting game! What a ***** waiting game! Are we waiting for a month? No! Are we waiting for 2 months?! No!! Are we waiting for 3 months?!!! No!!! ARE WE WAITING FOR 4 MONTHS?!!!! NO!!!! We are waiting forever, ever, ever, ever, ever and EVER!!!

Jack Black: We are meant to suffer, this fate:beezo::beezo::beezo: That was set upon us! This fate, that we didn't deserve! This fate, that we can't ignore! THIS FATE!!! THIS FATE!!! THIS FATE!!! THIS FATE WILL:beezo::beezo::beezo: (Metal guitar music plays):beezo::beezo::beezo:NEVER END!!!

Me and y'all: We are meant to suffer, until the release:beezo::beezo::beezo: of Half Life 3! This is driving us nuts!!! WHO IS THE NEXT CHARACTER SAKURAI?!!!

Sakurai: Shrek. :troll:

Me and y'all: :ohwell::eek::crazy::urg:

Sakurai: Have a nice day! :troll:♪♪

How's it going Geno thread, liked my song? Anyways, I was too tired yesterday to post here and it looks like y'all been through 14 pages since I've been gone in the past 2 days. I'm too lazy to go through it all so you can give me a recap. I'm sure nothing has really happened right?

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Grapploct would be interesting actually but we all know it has to be Sirfetch'd if it's a Pokemon. Of course...now that I've seen Falinks nothing would make my heart flutter more.

I keep checking in here to see if anything has changed. I see nothing has changed lol. Still hopeful for Geno though in post pass DLC I think he's got a decent shot.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Strange, the stream went back a bit all of the sudden. I guess a technical difficulty happened.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Strange, the stream went back a bit all of the sudden. I guess a technical difficulty happened.
And it suddenly stopped haha.

Gotta say, Mystery Dungeon is a nice surprise! That must be one of the 'rumored' remakes and it's coming pretty soon. Also, knew an expansion pass was coming, but semi excited about what that content is. Anyone else feel that way?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Gotta say, Mystery Dungeon is a nice surprise! That must be one of the 'rumored' remakes and it's coming pretty soon. Also, knew an expansion pass was coming, but semi excited about what that content is. Anyone else feel that way?
Yeah, looks like a really solid expansion! And people who don't buy it can still transfer the old Pokemon!

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So while we're all doing what we've been doing, Papa Genos coming through with the mad speculation plays.
Thoughts? I don't think it means anything personally, but it sure is funny.
I think they'll have to come up with something for his Up Special, definitely.

Memory's a bit fuzzy, what was that one again?

Boshi would be a pretty good Echo Fighter. Not sure how they'd incorporate his knife into his moveset, though.
*Sigh*

This is why I stopped following him if I am perfectly honest.

Going by this logic, I guess that the gun pointing Joker image is a hint toward Naegi for FP5. (Or Wright for post pass)

Just a reminder that people thought that the Rathalos image hinted at Isaac.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Yeah, looks like a really solid expansion! And people who don't buy it can still transfer the old Pokemon!
The price so far though is...a hard pill to swallow. I am curious if more content coming after part 1 and 2 is included in the pass or will be a different expansion all together.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
*Sigh*

This is why I stopped following him if I am perfectly honest.

Going by this logic, I guess that the gun pointing Joker image is a hint toward Naegi for FP5. (Or Wright for post pass)

Just a reminder that people thought that the Rathalos image hinted at Isaac.
Honestly, same for me. I'm slowly starting to lose interest because of these stretches he's been making. He's slowly starting to become LaxChris 2.0 and I really hate it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I am guessing it was set to stop at a certain time, but the stream going back caused it to be cut off earlier than it should've.

I am glad the Direct brought a good amount to the table and that most things were clarified.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly, same for me. I'm slowly starting to lose interest because of these stretches he's been making. He's slowly starting to become LaxChris 2.0 and I really hate it.
Don't ever compare Papa Genos to LaxChris or Blocked Content because unlike those guys he knows what he is talking about most of the time.

D

Deleted member

We memed a new Mystery Dungeon into existence.

Let’s do the same with Pokémon Ranger.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My contact was right and wrong:

-Basically told me that GameFreak was painfully aware that they **** the bed with Sword and Shield and that a "Pokemon Gun" wasn't going to happen back in the fall (around September or so). He had heard that they were working on Pokemon expansions but he assumed this meant they were just going to to say "**** it", ditch Galar, and go forward with Sinnoh remakes. I guess it was literal expansions which is miserably ironic. He was right about damage control and an attempt to bring back a ton of Pokemon though.

-We still got Pokemon remakes anyways, just not Diamond and Pearl, but ****in' Mystery Dungeon.

What a weird day.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just watch that as we wait in February Sakurai makes the announcement that the Nintendo Direct and FP5 has been delayed due to problems occurring at Nintendo and technical difficulties and why its been this long.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
He has been making so many stretches for Arle recently. You’d only make that amount of stretches if that character is one of your most wanted, so why can’t he just admit that?

(Also using the Marth/Isabelle image as a hint, LOL)

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

I’m honestly pretty excited about what I saw. Hunting for legendaries has always been my favorite postgame activity in Pokémon and they’re giving me a full 3D area to do it in with new Regis. I’m cautiously optimistic

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
My contact was right and wrong:

-Basically told me that GameFreak was painfully aware that they **** the bed with Sword and Shield and that a "Pokemon Gun" wasn't going to happen back in the fall (around September or so). He had heard that they were working on Pokemon expansions but he assumed this meant they were just going to to say "**** it", ditch Galar, and go forward with Sinnoh remakes. I guess it was literal expansions which is miserably ironic. He was right about damage control and an attempt to bring back a ton of Pokemon though.

-We still got 4th gen Pokemon remakes anyways, just not Diamond and Pearl, but ****in' Mystery Dungeon.

What a weird day.
Mystery Dungeon is actually Gen 3.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I liked what I saw from the Pokémon Direct; the new legendary bird trio looks like Galarian forms of Kanto’s trio, though, but it sounded like they weren’t...?

edit: nevermind they’re new forms I guess; good, they seemed too similar to be their own Pokémon and it bugged me a bit.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Don't ever compare Papa Genos to LaxChris or Blocked Content because unlike those guys he knows what he is talking about most of the time.
I know Papagenos doesn't cover these obvious fake leaks like LaxChris does, but you can't deny that these stretches and all those "theories" he's making and talking about arent a bit stupid. Daisy Theory? Picture of the day Theory? Next we'll be getting the Totino's Pizza Rolls Theory, hinting at Cooking Mama. I know there's a smash drought, but come on!

Who do you mean, may I ask?
LaxChris is a Youtuber that covers a lot of "smash leaks", most of them being obviously fake.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
He has been making so many stretches for Arle recently. You’d only make that amount of stretches if that character is one of your most wanted, so why can’t he just admit that?

(Also using the Marth/Isabelle image as a hint, LOL)
What he said with Daisy Theory is plausable if you ask me, as well as the marth/isabelle pic being a potential reference, the rest is less so. I don't see what's so 'LOL' about that. Starting to sound like PushDustin 2.0 who has made it his job to being a ****ing nanny-wannabe for the smash community, shoot down any speculation and ruin people's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom