• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone had a good year and if not look bright to 2020 as this might be our year to shine for our boy. Now, to sit back and watch Muppet Christmas Carol on repeat. Thank you everyone!

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
GUYS!

ARLO DIDN'T JUST PREDICT GENO! HE WENT WAY MORE HAM THAN THAT!

HE'S PREDICTING THAT GENO IS FIGHTER #5 WHILE ALSO SAYING THAT GENO BEING IN SMASH IS HIS MOST CONFIDENT PREDICTION AND THAT YOU CAN HOLD IT TO HIM!

THEN HE PREDICTS A SMRPG COMPLETE REMAKE THAT KEEPS THE ISOMETRIC CAMERA ANGLE BUT HAS A STYLE SIMILAR TO LINK'S AWAKENING REMAKE!

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, MAKE THIS PUPPET ON YOUTUBE A DIVINE BEING! MAKE IT THAT HE IS SEEING INTO THE FUTURE! MAKE HIS CRYSTAL BALL JOKE REAL~!
*Remembers the 2015 E3 Direct which had puppet versions of Shigeru Miyamoto, Satoru Iwata, and Reggie Fils-Aime, and Star Fox... made by the folks at Jim Henson Company.*

D

Deleted member

*Remembers the 2015 E3 Direct which had puppet versions of Shigeru Miyamoto, Satoru Iwata, and Reggie Fils-Aime, and Star Fox... made by the folks at Jim Henson Company.*
One of the best things from E3 2015. I wish Nintendo would do something like that again. Maybe SMRPG or Banjo-Kazooie?

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
GUYS!

ARLO DIDN'T JUST PREDICT GENO! HE WENT WAY MORE HAM THAN THAT!

HE'S PREDICTING THAT GENO IS FIGHTER #5 WHILE ALSO SAYING THAT GENO BEING IN SMASH IS HIS MOST CONFIDENT PREDICTION AND THAT YOU CAN HOLD IT TO HIM!

THEN HE PREDICTS A SMRPG COMPLETE REMAKE THAT KEEPS THE ISOMETRIC CAMERA ANGLE BUT HAS A STYLE SIMILAR TO LINK'S AWAKENING REMAKE!

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, MAKE THIS PUPPET ON YOUTUBE A DIVINE BEING! MAKE IT THAT HE IS SEEING INTO THE FUTURE! MAKE HIS CRYSTAL BALL JOKE REAL~!
Haha haha a puppet talking about a puppet

>Calls this place an echo chamber
>When he comes from gamefaqs
Ironic
Aren’t all websites echo chambers

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hey guys, what's up today?
Nothing much, but I'm doing well. Can't wait for Fatman's Geno post, that should be good. Kind of makes me want to make a big post of my own before the year's done. Speaking of the year being done, I watched Rudolph's Shiny New Year earlier, and I just learned that the reason the main villain kidnaps the child is that he wants to prevent his own death. Pretty dark for a children's cartoon, not gonna lie.

Last edited:

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Merry last 20 mins of Christmas folks! Hope everyone enjoyed their time ! Blessings for all going forward, in and out of Smash.

I gots the Operation Starfall Geno beanie! :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I haven't heard the 'heroes vs villains' thing for ages. That said, Eggman would be nice. My only worry is how they'd handle his size - having him on foot might be weird, but if you put him in the Egg Walker, or even the flying one he'd probably turn out too big.
Ridley was way too big and Sakurai and co made him happen due to the fans. I'm sure they could get around Eggman and one of his machines it's not impossible. Ridley and K. Rool kind of broke the "Too big!" to be in Smash fanrule already.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So who is arlo, and why is it such a big deal for him to talk about geno?
Arlo is just a decently popular YouTuber. There's literally nothing special beyond that, and it's just comparable to GameXplain talking Geno in terms of what it means; a nice extra place to maybe reach some people.

volbound1700

Smash Master
The great thing with the Mario series is also that it just has so many characters that can make for great additions, it has one of the strongest casts out there. Like, even past Geno there’s still Waluigi, Toad, Paper Mario, and probably more that I’m forgetting, and that’s not accounting for more left field additions akin to Dr. Mario or Piranha Plant. It’s only a good thing that we’re getting so many characters from the series, and not just because it's basically the video game franchise.
I feel like both the Mario and Sonic franchises fit this bill. They have secondary characters that are more well known and fit Smash better than most primary characters in other series. I wish we could have Knuckles and Tails as playable fighters.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
Merry Christmas everyone

I hope you all are able to spend some good quality time with the people that make you feel happy and loved whether they’re family, friends, or puppets with star spirits inside of them.

View attachment 254420
I have the outline of this Sean Hicks artwork on my shoulder! I'm hoping to get it colored in before February! This is definitely my favorite piece of Geno fanart and Sean is an incredible artist and big Geno fan!

Merry Christmas once again guys! I was gonna take the day off from here t just relax for a bit, but then Arlo posted a new video and I just had to share it, because guess who's in the thumbnail? Heh.
So cool to see Arlo theorizing Geno, and GameXplain doing the same prior to the Game Awards. I know that the 5th fighter's pass character could be anybody, but I'd REALLY love to see him make it in there... it'd be so cool!

Wait, is Arlo someone who is credible and worth trusting?
He's a popular YouTuber, so I don't think he has any credible knowledge behind the belief, but him putting a bet on it does have a positive impact on the fanbase! I also wonder if he, like many other speculation topic authors, just checks this board and sees how Geno's thread is the most popular one.

It's a day late but Merry Christmas to all and Happy Hannukah/Happy Kwanzaa today!

link2702

Smash Champion
Just to double down the point to make sure folks don’t go rabid on arlo bombarding him with questions about who the smash character is, he IS NOT a leaker, he DOES NOT have any “sources”, he just started these prediction videos a couple years ago, that’s all. He sprinkles in some realistic predictions, with several ridiculous and humorous ones, but they’re all just that, predictions.

With that all said, y’all should subb to his channel. He covers mostly Nintendo, but also the occasional m rated games, but he always does so in a way that ensures the channel stays family friendly. The guy is also pretty funny imo, and it’s nice to find a YouTube gaming channel that doesn’t have a host cursing like a sailor but can still put out interesting content.

Be aware though, he HATES what Nintendo has done to the paper mario series. Although I heavily agree with his views, I don’t think even i ran sticker star and color splash through the mud as much as he has.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Be aware though, he HATES what Nintendo has done to the paper mario series. Although I heavily agree with his views, I don’t think even i ran sticker star and color splash through the mud as much as he has.
You say this like he isn't factually correct and should say it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I feel like both the Mario and Sonic franchises fit this bill. They have secondary characters that are more well known and fit Smash better than most primary characters in other series. I wish we could have Knuckles and Tails as playable fighters.
I wish we could have Dr. Eggman and Metal Sonic too. The Sonic characters are very unique and would bring a fun playstyle to Smash.

Edit: Damn! Speculation here has been kind of dry since the VGAs. We really need another Direct soon to have something to talk about.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I wish we could have Dr. Eggman and Metal Sonic too. The Sonic characters are very unique and would bring a fun playstyle to Smash.

Edit: Damn! Speculation here has been kind of dry since the VGAs. We really need another Direct soon to have something to talk about.
Yeah, I don't see a second Sonic Character joining the roster. Sakurai doesn't seem to be much of a fan of Sonic the Hedgehog. I wish they could at least cleanup the Mii Costumes to have them cover the entire face properly like Sans.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, I don't see a second Sonic Character joining the roster. Sakurai doesn't seem to be much of a fan of Sonic the Hedgehog. I wish they could at least cleanup the Mii Costumes to have them cover the entire face properly like Sans.
Honestly, I think we will never get a secondary unique 3rd party rep in Smash because I think Sakurai sees the 3rd party characters as guests. So unless a secondary character is Echo material like Richter or Ken, it ain't happening. If it ever does, I think Tails and Chun-Li would be the first ones in line due to how iconic and popular they're. I really want Zero and Tron Bonne more than any co 3rd party characters. I love Mega Man characters.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

I feel like this puts a nail in KOS-MOS coffin. They didn't proceed with remasters because they don't think the Xenosaga series is profitable; and if they think that low of the home series, I don't think Namco would leap to throw her in to Smash

So, this potentially puts another one down meaning Geno has one less competitor right now. Sorry to the KOS-MOS fans here. I mean it still COULD happen, after all Banjo was left in a ditch for years and he got in

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I feel like this puts a nail in KOS-MOS coffin. They didn't proceed with remasters because they don't think the Xenosaga series is profitable; and if they think that low of the home series, I don't think Namco would leap to throw her in to Smash

So, this potentially puts another one down meaning Geno has one less competitor right now. Sorry to the KOS-MOS fans here. I mean it still COULD happen, after all Banjo was left in a ditch for years and he got in
How exactly is KOS-MOS a competitor to Geno? They're both from different companies Namco-Bandai and Square-Enix.

OffBi

Smash Ace

The only thing I found weird during the Kos mos "leak" (when I was banned) was that everyone actually believed that she was actually going to be revealed at the game awards, even as a finisher for the fighter pass nonetheless.
Like what!?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly ANY character is a competitor for Geno, we only have so many slots after all
By that definition you mean that every other character that isn't in yet is Geno's enemy right? I don't see it that way to be honest. For Namco I want a Soul Calibur rep the most like Yoshimitsu or Nightmare, but I also support KOS-MOS and Lloyd Irving for their fans.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

If we are being entirely fair this wouldn't necessarily affect her Smash chances as if Sakurai asked I think we all know Namco would likely let him have whoever he wanted. I do think this helps show people who have mistakenly thought Xenosaga and by extension KOS-MOS was a big deal to Namco, how wrong they were. That and and why she was never likely in the first place.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I only view other Mario/Square Enix characters as competition for Geno. Most of these characters are already predetermined and I am not going to lose sleep if another character I like such as Nightmare or Arle get in before Geno.

When it comes to the likes of Sora or Waluigi. That's a different story for me because it shows they were chosen over him when it comes to representation.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Honestly ANY character is a competitor for Geno, we only have so many slots after all
"...slots..." Not to be rude, but I thought people were done with this mentality. By your logic, ANY character is a competitor to ANYONE. Which makes your point pretty mute. I just don't understand how much Sakurai has to keep reiterating the "there are no 'slots'" point until people get it.

You could've made your point about KOS-MOS and left it at that. I don't really understand the point about KOS-MOS being a competitor when, by your argument, virtually every character is a rival of everyone. Just seems like an unnecessary point to make when you're talking about the death of a character's chances.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
With that all said, y’all should subb to his channel. He covers mostly Nintendo, but also the occasional m rated games, but he always does so in a way that ensures the channel stays family friendly. The guy is also pretty funny imo, and it’s nice to find a YouTube gaming channel that doesn’t have a host cursing like a sailor but can still put out interesting content.
I met him briefly at Too Many Games convention and he was so nice. The guy behind the puppet definitely fits the voice, but as he interacted with fans and he loved to use the puppet primarily. Super nice and it's exciting knowing he's also a Genobro

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
After seeing the latest addition to the Dr. Mario app, I am 90% sure Geno could probably get a doctorate.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Of course Kos-Mos wasn't getting in, the fact that people kept think she was possible because Jon from GameXplain suggested her and that one comment section that named her along with Terry, Hero, and Banjo was ridiculous. I say this as a person who really wanted Kos-Mos she was never going to happen. Now onto the next character for people to latch onto that won't happen.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Of course Kos-Mos wasn't getting in, the fact that people kept think she was possible because Jon from GameXplain suggested her and that one comment section that named her along with Terry, Hero, and Banjo was ridiculous. I say this as a person who really wanted Kos-Mos she was never going to happen. Now onto the next character for people to latch onto that won't happen.
Who exactly IS going to get in? I'm genuinely curious as to which characters specifically you consider most likely.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Who exactly IS going to get in? I'm genuinely curious as to which characters specifically you consider most likely.
Nobody. I don't think any specific character is likely, I gone on record with that. It can literally be anybody and nobody. As long as they're not an Assist Trophy, Mii Costume, Spirit, or a Nintendo character they all have a fair shot.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Nobody. I don't think any specific character is likely, I gone on record with that. It can literally be anybody and nobody. As long as they're not an Assist Trophy, Mii Costume, Spirit, or a Nintendo character they all have a fair shot.
"...Spirit..."

...so, again, why are you in the Geno thread? If you've gone on record before saying you don't think he'll get in, then the only reason I see for you being here is seemingly because you want to spread negativity.

Again, I'm not even a personal fan of Geno, but I think he has a great shot AND I want his fans to get their dues. If you think he won't get in and his Spirit means as such, why bother hanging around in a Geno support thread? I'm not saying leave, but like... it makes no sense to me why you'd choose stay.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
"...Spirit..."

...so, again, why are you in the Geno thread? If you've gone on record before saying you don't think he'll get in, then the only reason I see for you being here is seemingly because you want to spread negativity.

Again, I'm not even a personal fan of Geno, but I think he has a great shot AND I want his fans to get their dues. If you think he won't get in and his Spirit means as such, why bother hanging around in a Geno support thread? I'm not saying leave, but like... it makes no sense to me why you'd choose stay.
Just because I want Geno doesn't mean I have to be ignorant about reality. Look at our four Fighters Pass character, look how each one brings their own unique Spirit Board, look at how none of them were Spirits. The writing is all over the wall, none of the Fighters Pass character are going to come from Spirits. If the character was going to be part of the Fighters Pass then they would've removed it from the base game since they were easy to make (we got documentation that they used a fan made sprite for Masked Man's Spirit, which means they just Google Image it). The Fifth Fighter is going to be a character that was never represented in Ultimate base game.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
What a perfectly safe non-answer. You must have somebody you think is more likely than the others. go ahead and throw a name in the ring. Have some fun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom