• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So will this board finally going to be done with constant need for insider/leak stuff? Because honestly it's getting ridiculous. I'm just surprised all this drama happen with zero involvement from me, the pessimist.
Not really the best time, wynn. And honestly, if you have a problem with the board, as many have said, you don't HAVE to stay. Not telling you to leave, but as everyone always says, if you dislike it here, why stay?

And I wouldn't be so high and mighty, especially now. I've heard the mods are well aware of you and your track record on here, as such, you're not totally clean yourself.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
So will this board finally going to be done with constant need for insider/leak stuff? Because honestly it's getting ridiculous. I'm just surprised all this drama happen with zero involvement from me, the pessimist.
Sounds like you're talking about yourself buddy boy. Grow up, sweetheart!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So will this board finally going to be done with constant need for insider/leak stuff?
No, and I have no idea why you would expect people to give up on discussing stuff like that. Sure, there's occasional drama, but that happens regardless of whether we're discussing insider stuff/potential leaks or not. And besides, what's so bad about discussing stuff like that anyways?
Goodnight everyone!
You don't need to say goodnight to everyone, we ain't your mama or papa. It's a thread, just go to bed and come back in the morning. And don't forget to do your chores, son!

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I just wanted to chime in and say Merry Christmas from Sweden (we celebrate on the 24th)

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I’m going to start keeping track of everyone’s speculation in this thread and attack your character and integrity when it turns out that your fun theories turned out to be wrong.

Hey mods I’m clearly joking here. But honestly screw the double standard that is in place in this thread. The regular users of this thread are encouraged to have a doormat mentality and basically lie over and accept being insulted on a fairly regular basis and then get warned for sticking up for themselves. We aint no whomps
this so ****ing much

Anyways, this lull in information is absolutely maddening. I’m supposed to receive the SNES Classic as a gift later this week so I’m excited to do another 100% run of SMRPG soon. Maybe it’ll bring our boy some luck.

Who do you guys main in Ultimate and how would that change if Geno was added? I main and love Ike and also dabble in Link, PT, Zelda, Ganon and Ness as well. If Geno was added, I’d pretty much cast everyone but Ike aside and dedicate 90% of my time to Geno with Ike still hanging around as well and save the others for if I get bored.
Nice, I got the SNES Classic back when it came out and tbh I still haven't played through several games I've wanted to due to finishing nursing school and then starting a job it feels like I don't have the time to invest in them I should. I was half way through a SMRPG playthrough (one of many) and the very beginning of Earthbound when I stopped. I did finally play all the way through DKC with one of my best friends over the course of a month which was a childhood goal though so that's good.

I main Mega Man in SSBU and for secondaries/pockets I guess I also play Banjo-Kazooie and Duck Hunt. But realistically 98% of my time is invested in MM. I really do hope if Geno is playable he's someone I really click with. But would that be enough to replace MM as my main? That'd have to be a really impressive character which I really do think Geno could potentially be. I know some people disagree but I really do see him playing very similarly to Mega Man while still retaining his own flavor.

Griselda

Smash Lord
'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except Mario - who heard a crash from the floor below him. He slowly crept down the stairs, fumbling for the light switch in the dark. He flipped it on. The sitting room was silent. Too silent.

He glanced at the still dark doorway to the kitchen just in time to catch a glimpse of that creepy fake toad from Seaside Town's inn peeking his head around the corner before retreating. Mario ran in to follow him. The kitchen was empty.

H _a_p_p_y___H_o_l_i_d_a_y_s

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Working somewhere has the sad thing that I can't say Merry Christmas. I mean, to be fair, Happy Holidays makes sense unless we're promoting a specific Holiday. I get it. Took little to respond correctly when pointed out. Welp.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Here's to a great 2020 and hope our speculation turns out to be correct and we see our favorites in Smash!

D

Deleted member

Merry Christmas you all enjoy it may it be filled with happy and bliss filled memories hopefully as the New Year draws near our Geno will be among the next characters to join!

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Just ticked over midnight over here a few min ago so happy holidays officially from down under! I get to celebrate by working most of the days of the season, the joys of :ultdoc: industry yay

I'm aware the Mii costume related talk died off a few pages ago so I'll keep my 2c in a spoiler
On the point of power of two, there's a few things that don't quite add up from how I see it, and a few other observations:

I strongly suspect the DQ lineup was never seriously meant to include Genocobo. For the Western audience (particularly the bubble audience ) who generally don't see DQ as the megaton phenomenon it is in JPN, I feel that any sort of Geno related content would overshadow the discussion of Hero. At the same time, given what we know of two reference points re SQEX and their relative restrictiveness of license (although 4 DQ Mii costume sets slightly go against this), I'd suspect that they'd more likely err on the side of not wanting to showcase costumes with licenses under them to a wave of DLC where SQEX isn't a focus. Again this is a loose opinion I have, but it's based on existing perception of how they have operated in the past.

The Mii costumes of Banjo's pack really are a mishmash and don't really have a common theme, which makes it hard to argue how the power of two works with Rare/Microsoft and Capcom (not to mention the extra Konami costume in Goemon).

The existing precedent with pairs that did make it in so far (Tails/Knuckles, Protoman/Zero, Akira/Jacky) makes me feel a pair that actually is related by series (ie only Hunter Armor/Rathalos Armor or X/.EXE) is far more likely than Gil/Lloyd or (as mentioned before, super unlikely) Geno/Chocobo. Again just an assumption based on existing patterns. If we stretch the significance of what the pair could allude to, MonHun stuff could suggest a character who's known for raid style gameplay, and the generational blue bombers to a run and gun type of character, but both these possibilities feel a bit forced (especially since Protoman/Zero doesn't match with B+K).
But would that be enough to replace MM as my main? That'd have to be a really impressive character which I really do think Geno could potentially be. I know some people disagree but I really do see him playing very similarly to Mega Man while still retaining his own flavor.
Funny thing, I watched a few vids of PM mod Geno and other related movesets (Legacy XP included) - I feel some of those movesets get a bit too liberal with his melee options lol (but the dsmash is kinda cool lol). Geno certainly wouldn't hurt gaining a few more possibly solid type projectiles (mainly to piss off the PK boys trying to absorb solid bullets and heavy ammo rounds) in the moveset, but I think some tweaks to the extendable arms (which have precedence in Geno's battle animations mind you) for certain moves could give him some needed melee while remaining true to design.
Also Geno Boost as a DA is confusing and honestly with Deep Breathing being a thing could totally be down special. Idk where Geno Blast would go unless it's an aerial variation for Geno Beam (which would be odd), rehashed into up special (also odd), or just stuffed into a combination FS with Geno Flash.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, this thread is gonna get closed.
You know, they should add a future on this site that completely bans people from certain character support threads if they keep coming to talk negative **** about the character's chances.

Getting back on-topic, outside of the rumored Mallow and Smithy costume stuff, what would be another good choice?
Axem Ranger costume. Probably Red Axem Ranger.

"I'm not Geno, I'm a completely original character: Beno!"
Geno's Mexican brother.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I’m going to start keeping track of everyone’s speculation in this thread and attack your character and integrity when it turns out that your fun theories turned out to be wrong.

Hey mods I’m clearly joking here. But honestly screw the double standard that is in place in this thread. The regular users of this thread are encouraged to have a doormat mentality and basically lie over and accept being insulted on a fairly regular basis and then get warned for sticking up for themselves. We aint no whomps
Report any troll posts, don't feed the trolls, and don't jump straight to personal insults/flaming/harassment. People usually get warned in these kinds of situations because they feel the need to respond to obvious trolls/detractors, and they can't stay civil about it.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If Geno got in, I don't think he would affect my mains/pockets. Granted I don't really have a solid main. I've been trying to main Simon, but I kind of suck with him. Funny enough my best character is probably Plant. I imagine Geno might be a medium to long ranged fighter and I can see him being very fun. I've been playing the DLC characters quite a bit so there is a good chance I would play him quite often. I usually stick with the same 10 or so characters.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
When Geno get's in I will definitely make him one of my mains. But I don't think him or anybody else moving forward will be above K. Rool, Bowser, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie for me. Goemon along with Krystal is the only two characters not in yet that I plan put above or in between those characters placements in my mains list in the future.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
In my opinion people just make FATMAN more than what he is. Sure he is privy to a bit more info but he is not a leaker nor insider. He stated not be stated as such. Many of us including I enjoy reading his speculative theories regarding Geno and his chances. Sure he could have handled himself a bit better in this recent situation but eh whatever.

On a more on-topic subject :
Any chance a direct sneaking in just before the new year? :D because what better way to end the new year than revealing Geno for #6. LOL Merry X-Mas all. :D

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Not likely. I can't remember any direct of any kind happening at the tail end of a month.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
On a more on-topic subject :
Any chance a direct sneaking in just before the new year? :D because what better way to end the new year than revealing Geno for #6. LOL Merry X-Mas all. :D
I wish, but I doubt it haha. I'm of the opinion that we'll probably have one in January, it's really close now anyways.

By the way, Happy Holidays everyone, hope you have a nice time.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
You know, they should add a future on this site that completely bans people from certain character support threads if they keep coming to talk negative **** about the character's chances.

Axem Ranger costume. Probably Red Axem Ranger.

Geno's Mexican brother.
I wasn't talking **** about Geno, in case your wondering. I was saying that when things were getting tense on this thread and when I saw a mod came here, I knew that this thread might get locked. Thankfully, it didn't. This place is too good to be locked.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well...some **** went down I see. I just love that the word "Speculation" means "Absolute" nowadays. This is kind of why I have been quiet recently, because speculation just doesn't seem fun anymore with people going "No, that's wrong." But...its specula- "No, it's wrong." You do not have to subscribe to the idea, but do not drag down the idea for what it is...AN IDEA! That being said, there were a million better ways to handle what went down, mainly from SkinnyGirlonFire (wink wink nudge nudge). Anyhoo, things are calm again, but I just wanted to vent a moment.

I think we are going to get a January Direct that will announce not only Fighter 5, but Fighter 6.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I guess it's just Geno's turn in the spotlight with all of these new rips, though this one is...

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Merry Christmas EVE from the United States!

Y'all are getting Christmas a day early. Lucky.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Well...some **** went down I see. I just love that the word "Speculation" means "Absolute" nowadays. This is kind of why I have been quiet recently, because speculation just doesn't seem fun anymore with people going "No, that's wrong." But...its specula- "No, it's wrong." You do not have to subscribe to the idea, but do not drag down the idea for what it is...AN IDEA! That being said, there were a million better ways to handle what went down, mainly from SkinnyGirlonFire (wink wink nudge nudge). Anyhoo, things are calm again, but I just wanted to vent a moment.

I think we are going to get a January Direct that will announce not only Fighter 5, but Fighter 6.
I hope we get a direct soon to clear up a few things but also we can finally have something to talk about. I haven't really been playing a whole lot of Smash Bros lately. I only think Geno can spark my interest in this game again. I've been more invested in on everything going around speculation than the actual game because I felt so burned from getting all the other impossible picks. It's to a point where I truly believe Geno has a shot.

After all these years of watching character reveal after character reveal, I want to know what it feels like to see your favorite character get into Smash Bros.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's holiday time, so a direct before January is vastly unlikely. However, one early January sounds far more likely.

Will be neat once we get some information, though~

D

Deleted member

If Geno does get in I wouldn't main him but definetly would try to use him Mario and Link are my number #1 and number #2 mains love their styles of play and just like both characters so I'm sticking with them no matter what. King K. Rool as well. He's awesome and definetly can't wait to use him eventually. Greninja as well. But I'd definetly try Geno out. For sure.

I hope we get a Direct in the new year as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom