• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I get from Fatman's post Sabi sucks as an individual but did I miss the part where someone showed how they aren't credible?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
In Geno related news, another King for Another Day Geno rip was made and is flexing more of the sources he has.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Is this credible in any way? It’d be great if true

I 100% agree with you here and have to respectfully disagree with Datboigeno Datboigeno . The thread has become much more of a Geno Social Thread and I think that’s something we should embrace. We have a chill attitude (usually lol) and a lot of members are becoming friends. Our love of Geno and support of him is what brings us all together. It’s not like we’ve abandoned the topic. There’s always someone talking about their personal connection or their wishes for the character or fanart, etc.

To force ourselves to stay strictly on-topic or only have a different conversation for 2 or 3 posts is unecessarily stifling. Without wiggle room in discussion we certainly would not have grown this much or even have this many supporters. I probably wouldn’t be on here that often if thats all we could talk about. We definitely would not seem welcoming to a lot of people if we restricted our conversations

There’s also the fact of info droughts. We haven’t had anything tangible for him since the Cacomallow leak, and we maybe only see something every 1 or 2 months. We can’t just fill the dead space with “I want Geno in Smash” over and over again. There are times when there really isnt anything Geno related to talk about, especially for those of us who only converse, have already shared out stories, and can’t do things like fanart or edits.

I’m not saying this shouldnt be a Geno focused thread. Of course it should, but we should embrace the more social aspect our community has
The fact that we have regular users and people are comfortable with one another shouldn't be an excuse to ignore the fact that this is a character support thread and not a social or general newcomer discussion thread. I think the argument that keeping discussion centered around Geno is "unwelcoming" is especially bad. If people want to come discuss Geno, his chances, whatever, then that's great. But if they're put off the thread because the conversation is centered around Geno and not some other character or off-topic conversation then they are free to go discuss those things in an appropriate thread. The fact that there are times where nothing specifically Geno related is happening in terms or rumors or whatnot shouldn't mean people should go ahead and comnadeer the thread to talk about some other character they want.

People's disagreements with me on this really just stem from the fact that "we're a community" and that's a really poor excuse for turning a blind eye to people being deliberately off-topic and posting about completely different characters who have their own support threads. I don't think anything I'm saying is unfair really.

D

Deleted member

Sabi’s Posted stuff or has done things that’s resulted in people losing their jobs?

In the past? If that’s the case that’s scummy. I mean I still resepect them for what they’ve done to get news. But not if it means people are getting fired.

Nah man makes you sound like a scumbag.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I get from Fatman's post Sabi sucks as an individual but did I miss the part where someone showed how they aren't credible?
I think that's beside the point. They've very rarely lied about info but the means for getting it has usually been super sketchy, including leaking private info and emails. As Ovaltine shared, blackmail has been involved too. Like I said last year, it seems common in insider culture and the NoA source was seemingly joking when he said Sabi was doing this to him. Given everything that's gone down, I don't think he was joking and I'm a moron for not realizing it sooner. Sabi all but stopped using the NoA source after E3 but I don't think that should surprise anyone at this point. Once again, the NoA source is a King and I'm glad he's getting out of this **** after the VGAs.

D

Deleted member

Oh **** there's a lot of people now! I should not do something stupid otherwise i would look like a fo-Ayane from Dead or Alive is really damn hot, usually im not a fan of short haired girls or technicolor hair but she is a cutie!

WAIT **** IM SORRY FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID.

I don't think Waluigi 5 unless the rumors about Jill being cut were true. Papa talked about it but it was news to me. Basically the rumor was that Jill from Resident Evil was developed in the spring but, like Heihachi, Sakurai couldn't figure out a way to make character work well in Smash and ultimately cut her. With her being cut, some people have thrown the idea that Waluigi was thrown in as a bandage of sorts due to lack of negotiations and having assists in hand. Of course, this would require a looooooot of things to be true to be plausible.
Seeing how Heihachi was considered playable but became a Mii Costume, i think this is possible. and honestly i see Waluigi beign the ONLY exception regarding the whole Assist Trophy thing, he's just that cut above the rest regarding Assists.

Last edited by a moderator:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I think that's beside the point. They've very rarely lied about info but the means for getting it has usually been super sketchy, including leaking private info and emails. As Ovaltine shared, blackmail has been involved too. Like I said last year, it seems common in insider culture and the NoA source was seemingly joking when he said Sabi was doing this to him. Given everything that's gone down, I don't think he was joking and I'm a moron for not realizing it sooner. Sabi all but stopped using the NoA source after E3 but I don't think that should surprise anyone at this point. Once again, the NoA source is a King and I'm glad he's getting out of this **** after the VGAs.
Well I just see a bunch of people saying Sabi has no info and is likely making things up and I just wanted to know if that had a factual basis or if they were just saying crap like people are want to do after a public opinion shift.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dang man that sucks, all of it mad props to her with all the info but dang how some of it yikes.

Well I resepect her for the info and am thankful sorry for calling her a scumbag and I’ll leave it that.

Zac's Realm

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7852-2717-2984
I will be honest with you buddy, your song is actually good but it needs some changes. maybe you and PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON can team up and work together on something?
I've been planning a newer version for a good while now since that track was almost a year and a half ago now. Geno is a good a reason as any to finally get around to it, imo.

Thanks for the compliment though! <3

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I've been planning a newer version for a good while now since that track was almost a year and a half ago now. Geno is a good a reason as any to finally get around to it, imo.

Thanks for the compliment though! <3
No problem! you have the potential to do some nice tracks my friend :3

D

Deleted member

I was just talking to some friends about all the stuff that’s gone down some of them are Smash fans and really like the roster and DLC think Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is pretty awesome.

They have no idea who character #5 is ether.

But are excited for the game awards.

They were kind of baffled that all this stuff happened just for news about one character in a fighting game? But are excited as all of us.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Lol Baboom and Waluigi?

Waluigi doesn’t make any sense. Too many Mario characters and he is already an assist character. I would never say these things solidly disconfirm a character, but balance is something developers keep in mind with games like these. At the end of the day, there is a lot going against Waluigi.

Baboom would probably be good news for Geno to be honest with you all. I can see this happening, only cuz sword and shield just released and we’ve yet to see a green background for the character art. It means that they’ve at least experimented with “timed hits”. If this the case I expect Geno to make an appearance next pass for sure.

I don’t believe it’s Baboom though, not really a good way to go out on the pass. All these 3rd party characters with rich history in gaming and then a Pokémon? Nintendo can’t be that clueless.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I was just talking to some friends about all the stuff that’s gone down some of them are Smash fans and really like the roster and DLC think Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is pretty awesome.

They have no idea who character #5 is ether.

But are excited for the game awards.

They were kind of baffled that all this stuff happened just for news about one character in a fighting game? But are excited as all of us.
That's great, i really have no idea who it could be at this point

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Lol Baboom and Waluigi?

Waluigi doesn’t make any sense. Too many Mario characters and he is already an assist character. I would never say these things solidly disconfirm a character, but balance is something developers keep in mind with games like these. At the end of the day, there is a lot going against Waluigi.

Baboom would probably be good news for Geno to be honest with you all. I can see this happening, only cuz sword and shield just released and we’ve yet to see a green background for the character art. It means that they’ve at least experimented with “timed hits”. If this the case I expect Geno to make an appearance next pass for sure.

I don’t believe it’s Baboom though, not really a good way to go out on the pass. All these 3rd party characters with rich history in gaming and then a Pokémon? Nintendo can’t be that clueless.
If you press Control, Shift, and I (the letter that sounds like "eye", not L or one), you can make it look like anyone says anything on sites like Twitter. Images of Tweets aren't reliable, especially if there's no evidence on the person's Twitter account that they posted that Tweet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's great, i really have no idea who it could be at this point
Me nether all this stuff has been a whirlwind and while I myself just can’t wait to find out the future DLC is I am excited for fighter #5 and I am excited to find out who it is.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
The fact that we have regular users and people are comfortable with one another shouldn't be an excuse to ignore the fact that this is a character support thread and not a social or general newcomer discussion thread. I think the argument that keeping discussion centered around Geno is "unwelcoming" is especially bad. If people want to come discuss Geno, his chances, whatever, then that's great. But if they're put off the thread because the conversation is centered around Geno and not some other character or off-topic conversation then they are free to go discuss those things in an appropriate thread. The fact that there are times where nothing specifically Geno related is happening in terms or rumors or whatnot shouldn't mean people should go ahead and comnadeer the thread to talk about some other character they want.

People's disagreements with me on this really just stem from the fact that "we're a community" and that's a really poor excuse for turning a blind eye to people being deliberately off-topic and posting about completely different characters who have their own support threads. I don't think anything I'm saying is unfair really.
In saying it was unwelcoming, I’m not saying that keeping the thread Geno-focused is, but restricting other discussions on the thread is unwelcoming, whatever way you cut it. Why should we force people into always having conversations over and over about Geno. We’re not hurting you or anyone else in this, and if anything the community strengthens by having more varied disscussions. I and many others do not want to use the general thread because of how dang fast it goes and the unfriendly attitudes of some people there. A lot of other character threads are pretty much dead as well. Also we are not “comandeering” the thread by talking about another character. Its not like a handful of people having a conversation about another character for a bit is overtaking anything. We just want to interact with eachother an share our thoughts. We have a well established group here that is usually open minded and friendly to other ideas, much more than other fanbases. And I have to stress this again. People talking about other characters for a bit have not abandoned Geno speculation

D

Deleted member

If you press Control, Shift, and I (the letter that sounds like "eye", not L or one), you can make it look like anyone says anything on sites like Twitter. Images of Tweets aren't reliable, especially if there's no evidence on the person's Twitter account that they posted that Tweet.
Baboom win.png

he can't hear you as it's too late he's already won. Baboom won as Sabi said so, apparently.

D

Deleted member

Rillaboom? Hmm you know what sounds good while Intelleon would have been my choice or Cinderace heck, Toxtricity, Grimsnarl, or Hattarene too. Baboon would be great.

I’m down with drum playing gorilla.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I think there was someone who was making icons for a big thing or whatever.

If that is still a thing, I would love to be Mr. Game and Watch.

I don't have a great profile pic and I'm not really involved in the community memes but hey, I figured, I would join this one.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Ok, my boi.
geno is still higher priority.
and then shadow and bandana dee are even higher priority (sorry)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 251361
he can't hear you as it's too late he's already won. Baboom won as Sabi said so, apparently.
With Inspect Element, you can take any Tweet or forum post and make it look like anyone said anything. Case in point: this post.

Also, Photoshop exists, and from what I can tell, there's no evidence that Sabi actually made the Tweet in question.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
But the thing is at the end of the day it’s a specific character support thread. It’s great that a community has been built up but that’s not an excuse for being blatantly off-topic a large majority of the time. When people start just simply posting about other characters every time FP5 or the TGAs comes up without even mentioning Geno then that’s off-topic.
We really need a separate Geno server. Honestly, the community's getting so big that we could branch off either to a separate subsection of the site like the Ridley fans had or a different site altogether. I don't think the thread's even big enough. We already reached almost 2000 damn pages. We need to grow.

D

Deleted member

With Inspect Element, you can take any Tweet or forum post and make it look like anyone said anything. Case in point: this post.

Also, Photoshop exists, and from what I can tell, there's no evidence that Sabi actually made the Tweet in question.
Baboom win.png

he already won. He always win this isn't up for debate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
We really need a separate Geno server. Honestly, the community's getting so big that we could branch off either to a separate subsection of the site like the Ridley fans had or a different site altogether. I don't think the thread's even big enough. We already reached almost 2000 damn pages. We need to grow.
Or we could just have the Geno thread focused on Geno? It's not that complicated lol

D

Deleted member

We may all have different characters we support. But no matter who we support or who we want in.

Geno will always be our boi!

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I still can't see him being number 5, just due to the fact that we know that they come with Spirits and a Stage, the idea they were all atleast generally planned WELL in advance, maybe even before E3 of last year, atleast for some of them.

What I CAN see happening is him being one of the first post-pass characters, in fact, that might explain somethings. He's been heard in insider circles for a long time now, and in the original Paragon leak he mentioned that he speculated that Waluigi was number 5. But, given that he misinterpreted the Undertale information, who's to say he didn't misinterpret Waluigi as well? In fact, if post-pass DLC was being discussed at the time, Waluigi could have been a name being tossed around, especially since he's a first party character and would need no negotiations to be included, so if he was going to be post-pass DLC he would be among the first to be decided. This could also be tied back to Sabi's "reliable source", and why are they so hesitant on naming the character that they supposedly know, and have known for months? If it is indeed Waluigi, this explains it three-fold, as he is obviously an extremely toxic character to even mention in the insider community, the reason that only a select few people would know is that there's no third party involved here, it's all internal Nintendo stuff, meaning that theres far less people in the loop about it and it could be far easier to track down the supposed leaker,(plus, like I already said, Waluigi would be among the first post pass DLC characters decided, so it's reasonable that his name would be thrown around far in advance, even before Terry had been announced), and the idea that the source themselves is unsure about Waluigi being number 5 due to it conflicting with assist trophies/spirits, not matching Reggie's statement about new game worlds, not being a third party like the rest of the pass, and the whole Stage/Spirit thing I mentioned before.
This is a fair point! And a lot of the things that I said still would apply if Waluigi was one of the post-pass characters, as you pointed out, so that stage/spirit/music “restriction” probably wouldn’t apply. However, if we’re assuming Paragon’s C&D was specifically about Waluigi, (which is admittedly not necessarily the case,) it would be a little confusing from a timeframe perspective given the fact that the post-pass characters probably were not finalized during E3 2019, as supposedly that’s around the time when Nintendo greenlit the second round of DLC. Just food for thought.

Great post! I'd also like to bring attention to another character disconfirmation, that being Isaac. You mention that Waluigi and Bomberman were some of the biggest ones, and I agree that they were (less so Bomberman, I kind of remember him being disconfirmed was laregly "Aww, oh well..." for people), but I don't think there was a single person who watched the November 1st Direct and didn't think Isaac was done dirty. Just about everyone who I've seen watch it all shared the same disdain in seeing him once again relegated to an Assist. If we're all on board with the idea that such outrage would be enough for Nintendo to make Waluigi a fighter, I think we may need to start keeping Isaac in mind going forward, especially if Waluigi actually makes it in.
You’re very correct! Isaac’s deconfirmation came with a lot of backlash as well, and certainly enough that Nintendo probably noticed. However, I didn’t bring him up just because when I was talking big deconfirmations, I was talking about big deconfirmations at E3 2018 specifically, as any characters deconfirmed later than that probably could not make the first round of DLC. Otherwise I would have mentioned Isaac, Shadow, and obviously Geno, who were also big deconfirmations with lots of public backlash due to the fallout from the Grinch Leak. None of them are probably going to be FP5 because the Fighter’s Pass was already decided by the time people were raising a stink about them. However, Waluigi does not share this distinction because his deconfirmation and public outcry was 5 months prior, when DLC was still actively being decided.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I think there was someone who was making icons for a big thing or whatever.

If that is still a thing, I would love to be Mr. Game and Watch.

I don't have a great profile pic and I'm not really involved in the community memes but hey, I figured, I would join this one.
That was Glitch-EGamer Glitch-EGamer making them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom