• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
View attachment 249510

If this was the DLC, how satisfied would you be?
I would be very satisfied. Waluigi would be cool, I'm a fan of Ninja Gaiden, I like Geno, Phoenix is one of my top wants and would make me faint, Lloyd is cool and I've come to terms with him being a very good possibility for the future despite my 0% personal experience with him, Doom Slayer is kickass and one of my top wants and would have a sick moveset, Crash is also one of my favorites as I grew up with him and his games are very charming, Steve is also one of my top picks and Minecraft stage and music would be great, I don't care about Sol, I would be hyped for Sora despite not being the biggest fan of Kingdom Hearts but I want him just for Simple and Clean, and Nightmare would be badass.

Overall solid predictions, and if Lloyd and Sol were replaced with Kratos and Master Chief, this would be my dream roster.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Any line-up with Geno is not only the best line-up, but in my opinion, is an accurate one as I have full confidence in Geno's inclusion.

Shoutout to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice for reminding me about the 16 slots that I totally forgot about and the timeframe in which we discovered them, as it also adds credibility to my theory that post-pass DLC was aggressively greenlit in Jan/Feb.

Also, I think I just found some SkullGirls buddies.

@Serenade01 and Ray102396 Ray102396 what versions do you prefer to play on? As long as it isn't Vita or Switch I'm game.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 249510

If this was the DLC, how satisfied would you be?
Eh, I might be out of touch with the Smash fanbase. Only really crazy about Doomguy, Geno, and Nick.

Nightmare and Ryu are super cool. Crash I love but I could take him or leave him. Lloyd's kinda middling. Guilty Gear's not my thing but sure I'll accept a new himbo. Dislike Sora and Steve. Waluigi is a hilarious eldritch god that will grant salvation or damnation at complete random. Not a bad score but I'm not going gaga over this lineup.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Any line-up with Geno is not only the best line-up, but in my opinion, is an accurate one as I have full confidence in Geno's inclusion.

Shoutout to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice for reminding me about the 16 slots that I totally forgot about and the timeframe in which we discovered them, as it also adds credibility to my theory that post-pass DLC was aggressively greenlit in Jan/Feb.

Also, I think I just found some SkullGirls buddies.

@Serenade01 and Ray102396 Ray102396 what versions do you prefer to play on? As long as it isn't Vita or Switch I'm game.
Switch and PS4 for me, though I don't have Plus at the moment and don't plan to get it for another few weeks most likely.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
The members of the Pulitzer Prize Board would like to present ForsakenM ForsakenM , and Fatmanonice Fatmanonice with the awards for Investigative, and Explanatory International Reporting, for your most recent contributions to the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, DLC speculation cycle for the year 2019. :chrono:
This is an unofficial awarding.

Obviously, I've buried the thread in paragraphs about why I think it's a Namco character, and now specifically Soul Caliber, but I feel like all the character additions for this Fighter's Pass have had a lot of gravity to Sakurai himself.

Joker:

View attachment 249454

Hero:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...on_next_weeks_dragon_quest_xi_s_launch_stream

Banjo:

View attachment 249455

Terry:

The longest Smash presentation in Smash history and it's mostly just him gushing about SNK.

Namco has helped Sakurai make the last two games and basically has been on this crazy ride with him since 2012! It's almost been 8 years! That's absolutely nuts and DLC is probably going to go on for at least yet another year so almost a decade working with these guys. I feel like people undersell this talking point way too often. The Fighter's Pass was originally going to be it. What better way to end it than thanking the company that's been with him for the longest and biggest ongoing project of his entire career and probably life by uplifting that company's biggest crossover franchise? Think about it.
On the topic of the Namco character (*AHEM* Nightmare), conveniently Namco's still supporting Soul Calibur VI with a Season Pass of their own (2 more DLC characters remain to be unveiled). It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Sakurai and Co. would be like, "don't worry fam, I gotchu" and included Nightmare in Ultimate as DLC #5 (the reveal trailer would certainly be epic; Champion Link vs. Nightmare, as Dharkon watches from above).

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
On the topic of the Namco character (*AHEM* Nightmare), conveniently Namco's still supporting Soul Calibur VI with a Season Pass of their own (2 more DLC characters remain to be unveiled). It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Sakurai and Co. would be like, "don't worry fam, I gotchu" and included Nightmare in Ultimate as DLC #5 (the reveal trailer would certainly be epic; Champion Link vs. Nightmare, as Dharkon watches from above).
If this happens, I fully expect it to coincide with an announcement that Soulcalibur VI is getting a Switch port with its own exclusive Nintendo guest character (whether it's Link again, a Fire Emblem character, Bayonetta, or a different Nintendo character entirely). It would be the kind of obvious cross-promotion where I'd be shocked if they didn't go with it.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Nomura's input gets requested for a lot of projects so it could be literally any request.
True, but he specifically said that this request is for something KH related, something he isn't actively overseeing, something that is pulling his attention away from his ACTUAL KH project UX

That's what interests me. In a hypothetical Smash scenario, I'm assuming most developers give Sakurai the reigns to handle their characters, but with he and Nomura being so close he would no doubt ask for a personal touch

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
In some Geno related news, a new King for Another Day interview came out and it's with Geno about his loss. That is, it seems like it was supposed to, but... well, just look at it.
https://mojo.highquality.rip/2019/12/an-honorable-loss-geno-interview/

Considering all this overarching plot stuff, I do hope Geno comes back for later interviews despite losing.
It seems this glitchy boi possessed him.

MissingNo.2.png

It sucks that he's going against Mr. Krabs. I love both of them, but I'm hoping MissingNo. wins so we get a calm4.ogg remix at some point.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It seems this glitchy boi possessed him.

View attachment 249541
Yeah, apparently its new track got uploaded while the mojo site was down as well. I am starting to get the feeling that it may start sweeping losers bracket, as the tracks are pretty good and its getting a great story hook right away, bringing more interest.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Well I've beaten Super Mario RPG again...and once again Geno leaves at the end and I try to hold back the man tears.

23 years later and still waiting for this dude in blue to return. I hope his time to return isn't too far now.

link2702

Smash Champion
Ok, it’s official. If you want an absolutely difficult challenge in smrpg, go no armor. I just got my ass kicked in forest maze at lvl 6, all the enemies did enough damage to take me out in just a few hits even with good timed hits, AND THE MUSHROOM ENEMIES OMG! I got shroomed by em on both mario and mallow, and i was screwed. If you don’t over level here so you can take out enemies with a single special, you’re pretty much screwed.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Oh my lord, almost 10 pages since I last checked in. This is my nightly check in until the VGA, so @Kremling Man, can you please recap me anything interesting that went on? (If you are still willing to recap me, like you said you would last night.) Did Fatmanonice or anyone else say anything interesting? Thanks in advance!

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Under the assumption that Verge is wrong about Namco being deconfirmed and Nightmare is the final character, how likely is it that he will come with a surprise Echo Fighter in Siegfried?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Under the assumption that Verge is wrong about Namco being deconfirmed and Nightmare is the final character, how likely is it that he will come with a surprise Echo Fighter in Siegfried?
I’d say very unlikely, at best we might get him as an alt costume like Soul Calibur II

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Oh my lord, almost 10 pages since I last checked in. This is my nightly check in until the VGA, so @Kremling Man, can you please recap me anything interesting that went on? (If you are still willing to recap me, like you said you would last night.) Did Fatmanonice or anyone else say anything interesting? Thanks in advance!
In terms of speculation, ForsakenM ForsakenM and Fatmanonice Fatmanonice have made a few posts each. Really interesting reads, these. They mainly focus on the timeline of when characters were selected and developed and what they mean for other characters, most obviously Geno. I'd suggest reading ForsakenM's posts first, since Fatman's follow up on them.
- ForsakenM's Posts -
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1883#post-23696997
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1883#post-23697074
- Fatman's Posts -
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1885#post-23697536
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1885#post-23697633
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1885#post-23697860

In terms of actual developments... well, Terry's info is gone from the ticker tape.
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1889#post-23698601

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I honestly think the trailer for Geno should start with his goodbye from RPG. Then just cut to a normal day in the Mushroom Kingdom. **** starts going down at Sakurai's discretion and Geno comes back down to save the day.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’ve been thinking.. and if for some ungodly reason we got 1 fourth party rep, I would no joke want it to be Darth Vader, after looking at his soulcalibur Moveset and realizing how many games he appears in, it’d be a crazy final guest reveal, fighting games need their guest characters after all.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I’ve been thinking.. and if for some ungodly reason we got 1 fourth party rep, I would no joke want it to be Darth Vader, after looking at his soulcalibur Moveset and realizing how many games he appears in, it’d be a crazy final guest reveal, fighting games need their guest characters after all.
Hm, now that brings up an interesting thought. If they went with a character created specifically for a Star Wars video game, would that still count as fourth-party? I could see Cal Kestis from the newest Fallen Order game being great fun, but for more of a “classic Star Wars video game character” there’s basically no better candidate than Revan from KOTOR, who would also be great.

Plus, the idea of a literal star(Geno) fighting a Star Wars character would be almost too good to pass up.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Not a whole lot. I'm speculating about a mystery request Nomura is working on but nothing truly Smash related. We're at dry spell for another week it seems
Even if i'm not a fan of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, i think Sora would be the best way to end with a bang Ultimate's DLC era

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Wow MisterMike MisterMike ... thank you! That was awfully kind of you to compile all of that for me. I would normally just read, but I'm super busy rn, so I really appreciate that! Thank you again, my dude! (Canadians are so nice, it seems.)

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Wow MisterMike MisterMike ... thank you! That was awfully kind of you to compile all of that for me. I would normally just read, but I'm super busy rn, so I really appreciate that! Thank you again, my dude! (Canadians are so nice, it seems.)
No problem. They're great posts, so I sure as hell hope they get read. :drflip:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Speaking of Sora, I would be thrilled if he made it. Though if another game or side game like Dream Drop Distance is made, I hope there would be worlds based on the Disney Afternoon like Gargoyles, I mean having Sora, Donald, and Goofy explore Manhattan as Gargoyles themselves by using Donald’s magic would be awesome and KH3 proved that a city based world could work because San Fransokyo is in it. :lol:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
It's been like 30+ pages since I checked in, what's been happening??
Not sure how long that’s been, so I’ll just go through the most recent stuff:

Sabi has fully shot down the heavily-speculated prospect of a Tales character as #5, leading quite a few people in the thread to shift to Nightmare from Soul Calibur as a frontrunner.

However, Bandai-Namco itself has since been deconfirmed by Vergeben for #5, along with Level-5. Sabi is not yet able to confirm the deconfirmation claims herself, but has specifically said that she “doesn’t doubt them much”.

This has caused a bit of a rift, with some people doubting Verge’s claims and sticking hardcore to the Namco/“thank you” theory, while others who believe the claims are left wondering just who the hell #5 could be at this point.

Also, does anyone know how close we are to the Ridley thread? The conversation around all these recent deconfirmations should absolutely have gotten us close.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Not sure how long that’s been, so I’ll just go through the most recent stuff:

Sabi has fully shot down the heavily-speculated prospect of a Tales character as #5, leading quite a few people in the thread to shift to Nightmare from Soul Calibur as a frontrunner.

However, Bandai-Namco itself has since been deconfirmed by Vergeben for #5, along with Level-5. Sabi is not yet able to confirm the deconfirmation claims herself, but has specifically said that she “doesn’t doubt them much”.

This has caused a bit of a rift, with some people doubting Verge’s claims and sticking hardcore to the Namco/“thank you” theory, while others who believe the claims are left wondering just who the hell #5 could be at this point.
Verg has been consistently wrong about the DLC for Smash. He got Hero right, but Hero was the worst kept secret in Smash; and he only backed Banjo once Shinobi, the one guy with an actual flawless record said anything.

It seems more like Verg is playing a game of trying to one-up Sabi. His first claim was no NIS character, but anyone could have said that, NIS is so far off the radar that it's a safe guess. Saying no Namco seems more like he was trying to see what the others would say, and it was at that time that Sabi stopped deconfirming people, and notice how Verg hasn't said a word since then?

I still think Nightmare is our guy, but I'll hold the L if I'm wrong

D

Deleted member

It's funny how the closer we get to the VGAs, the more I suspect Fighter 5 is going to be shown in a direct before the VGAs. Something just feels like that's a move out of Nintendo's playbook.

ForsakenM ForsakenM In regards to your Skullgirls question, I only own it for PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom