• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Hahahaha! Love being sick all day. I see we got through a solid amount of pages. Did I miss something?

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Sadly I learned the trademarks can last a lot of years so who knows when they will show whatever it is for, but one thing is for sure, it's logical to not waste life time of a trademark you just registered, you would rather do it as close as possible to getting out your product, so that your money is not wasted for a shorter amount of trademark life time.
Only up to ten years. You can also delay it's enforcement by delaying showing proof of use for the trademark, and it will only be enforced once that proof of use has been shown.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Well ****.
Is that real? If he is making an allegory I think we might seriously get someone like Kratos or a PC rep. The more I think about it, the more I think a PlayStation character is a possibility.

D

Deleted member

Is that real? If he is making an allegory I think we might seriously get someone like Kratos or a PC rep. The more I think about it, the more I think a PlayStation character is a possibility.
The allegory is for Darth Vader bro.

jokes aside, it is an edited picture.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
You ever have one of those vivid dreams that almost seemed like it actually happened?

I had one of those last night, and it was a Nightmare reveal trailer, and it ended with Geno falling from the sky in a pose similar to Geno’s Siivaguner KFAD Tournament render.

I woke up and had to check the Smash website because it felt so real. I think this thread talking about Nightmare and Geno recently has begun to seep into my dreams lol

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You ever have one of those vivid dreams that almost seemed like it actually happened?

I had one of those last night, and it was a Nightmare reveal trailer, and it ended with Geno falling from the sky in a pose similar to Geno’s Siivaguner KFAD Tournament render.

I woke up and had to check the Smash website because it felt so real. I think this thread talking about Nightmare and Geno recently has begun to seep into my dreams lol
I find it ironic that such a great dream contained a character literally called "Nightmare".

D

Deleted member

Mind if I ask what the Darth Vader leaks are? I checked back a couple pages and couldn't find any decent info on it.

... Alternatively if this is a meme i'm gonna look dumb
yeah, we are goofing around.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Just checked back here again. Why is Nightmare part of the discussion again? Didn't Verge deconfirm Namco for FP5?
I really don’t want to make this seem like I’m putting the guy down, because I absolutely respect all he’s done, but...

Fatman still thinks it’s Nightmare or at least Namco in general since it not being Namco doesn’t mesh with his big “thank you” theory, so people have largely reverted back to that whole thing and claiming that Verge is lying.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I really don’t want to make this seem like I’m putting the guy down, because I absolutely respect all he’s done, but...

Fatman still thinks it’s Nightmare or at least Namco in general since it not being Namco doesn’t mesh with his big “thank you” theory, so people have largely reverted back to that whole thing and claiming that Verge is lying.
I don't know if that's the case entirely. On my end I am just waiting to see how things develop rather than stating my allegiances to one thing. Sabi did want to check. Even then, it's still good to consider what a Namco rep and Sol could offer whatever way it does go.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

The big thing is only Vergeben has said no Namco or Level 5. Sabi has yet to agree with them. So until then, I think it is OK to assume Namco is still in the running. Personally, I don't care who number 5 is. Just give us post pass fighters!

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I don't know if that's the case entirely. On my end I am just waiting to see how things develop rather than stating my allegiances to one thing. Sabi did want to check. Even then, it's still good to consider what a Namco rep and Sol could offer whatever way it does go.
The big thing is only Vergeben has said no Namco or Level 5. Sabi has yet to agree with them. So until then, I think it is OK to assume Namco is still in the running. Personally, I don't care who number 5 is. Just give us post pass fighters!
Sabi has yet to 100% agree, but she also literally said that she “doesn’t doubt them much” in that same tweet, so I’m very much inclined to believe that they’re real.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Everyone is trying to figure out who or who isn't FP5 and this song is playing in my head:

This is literally how it is going to be until the VGA lol!

link2702

Smash Champion
Everyone is trying to figure out who or who isn't FP5 and this song is playing in my head:

This is literally how it is going to be until the VGA lol!
Why’d you have to remind us of that song e_e i had finally forgotten it existed.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Sabi has yet to 100% agree, but she also literally said that she “doesn’t doubt them much” in that same tweet, so I’m very much inclined to believe that they’re real.
That is true. Also, Vergeben was the only one to say no Scorpion and we were OK with that.

I guess it is a wait and see situation.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Something that was brought to my attention regarding Sora

Nomura said back in September he was working on a big mystery project that is related to Kingdom Hearts.

Or rather, a mystery *request*

Screenshot_20191202-190548_Reddit.jpg

Wouldn't it be like Sakurai to ask for Nomura's guidance in overseeing Sora's development?

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice What do you think? You've been confident that Sora is inevitable at some point

D

Deleted member

Nomura said back in September he was working on a big mystery project that is related to Kingdom Hearts.

View attachment 249507

Wouldn't it be like Sakurai to ask for Nomura's guidance in overseeing Sora's development?

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice What do you think? You've been confident that Sora is inevitable at some point
Sora will have a dual reveal with Darth Vader.

Jokes aside, this actually seems like a really interesting point.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I play Big Band and Peacock. Never found a third character that really meshed with me, so I can't really round out a three person team. It's been a long time since I've touched the game, probably over a year at this point.
Are we...are we the same ****ing person?

No, I'm serious, I'm both hyped and freaking out a bit.

I absolutely love Skullgirls, and before the Dark Era that happened to a game that could have easily been up there on the main stage at EVO if it wasn't for ****ty ****ing companies being greedy, I lived and breathed that game. You know how you guys here tend to lose your mind during speculation and how the gaps of time drive you insane? That was me for Skullgirls, as I just loved everything about it since the first time I laid eyes on Fillia. The art style made me swoon and it wouldn't be until Dragon Ball FighterZ and now Guilty Gear Strive that I would simply just want a fighting game just because of it's aesthetics and the art style. Seriously, I've never seen a game so overly animated and looking so beautiful, and the fact that it had a gothic and ark overtone while still being campy and silly won me over entirely. It played like Marvel while giving you more options and letting you adjust how many characters you had in your team and set up your own assist moves, something I never even thought about and something I don't think has been brought on properly by any other fighting game other than Chaos Code which allows you to bring extra special and super moves based on your playstyle for that character.

And then, they dropped Peacock's trailer, and it was over. Peacock was everything I needed in a character for a game I was already sold on. She was badass, she was campy, she was filled with puns and crazy references and she was a zoner who felt fun to play. There has never been another fighting game that I was more invested in and I'm not sure there ever will be...unless of course Arc System Works makes the FighterZ of Naruto, in which case I may disappear from this forum for a while as I speculate about that game.

So, you know how we all have that ONE thing that we just love no matter what? That perhaps we take it a bit too far, but that it's overall okay because as humans we understand that there is always at least one thing we emotionally latch onto? For me, that is Skullgirls.
  • I followed every pieces of media and stream and fighting game tournament that Mike Z (the man who made Skullgirls's core system) was ever at just to gleam more information and I treasured each new announcement.
  • I nearly never left the Shoryuken forums about the game, only moving away to occasionally talk about Marvel.
  • I followed art work streams from Alex Ahad and watched them as much as possible.
  • My theme song was 'SKULLGIRLS PARTY EVERYDAY!' which was a meme created by The SuperBestFriends.
  • When the game first came out I played nothing but it for months.
  • When the whole issue with the team getting immediately laid off and not being able to patch the game, I stayed active in the forums even as everyone left, hoping and praying that somehow the game could live on.
  • When they came back with patches I was so ungodly happy yet so upset that because of all this, the game had been mostly forgotten.
  • I own every single version of SkullGirls outside of the Vita version and I'm working on it.
  • I remember when everyone wanted Umbrella for the first DLC and thought it was going to happen (which sadly did not).
  • I remember when they revealed that Squigly was int he works and I was so happy I cried that we were getting new characters.
  • I was salty as hell that Melee beat out SkullGirls for that EVO spot.
  • Speaking of salt, I remember the 'Mad Salt' t-shirts with Umbrella when they first came out.
  • I was a backer for the Indiegogo campaign and I did it without a second thought. Easiest money I've every thrown down outside of getting Alpha Sapphire and a 3DS in one go. In case you were wondering, the characters I wanted were Panzerfaust and Annie, which I was SUPER salty when another sexy chick beat out both (I have a bias against Eliza because of that, though I mostly got over that) and I campaigned so ungodly hard on shoryuken for us to get Beowulf.
  • I was emotionally upset that I couldn't afford to back a high-enough tier to get a personal recording because I wanted Big Band's voice actor Rich Brown to be on my goddamn phone.
  • One of my most treasured articles of clothing is a Big Band hoodie. I've worn that so much that it's so beat up and frayed, but it's GODDAMN BATTLE DAMAGE!
  • I got a physical copy of the game for PS4 in addition to having the digital. I've never opened it up from the mailing packaging because that's how much I treasure it.
  • When they announced that the game so SO big in Japan that they got Japanese voice actors and officially released the game in Japan, my mind was blown. Basically, my brain: "Wait...that country that makes most of what I love fell head over heels for my favorite fighting game AND it makes them westaboos? *MGS 5 drug meme sound effect here*"
  • When they made a minor announcement that they were making a limited-time physical copy of the game for Switch PLUS decals for the Switch joycons, I took money I didn't have and grabbed it IMMEDIATELY!
  • You know how I've told you all that I hum/sing and listen to SMRPG music IRL? Same thing with SkullGirls. In fact, I own the album AND I now have a vinyl.
So now I hope you understand why I freaked out, because you are usually one of the cooler people in this thread, and you love one of my favorite games of ALL time, AND you love the same characters I do.

*Breathes in deeply*

Okay, moving on.
-------------------------------------
I've watched Max since his Soul Calibur 5 Online Warrior videos (i believe I subscribed to him just after episode 3), and have probably watched him more than any other channel as well. I know he'd by psyched for Sol, even though his favorite character in GG is Baiken. Siegfried, and by extension Nightmare, is actually one of his favorite game characters of all time. So I think he'd be more elated to see Nightmare join Smash than Sol. He already thinks Smash is one of the greatest video games of all time (and that continues to top itself overtime since he's greatly enjoyed a lot of the Smash additions since Mega Man) and the reason he thinks Smash is so is merely because of the character roster alone.

In his mind, and in mine as I agree, characters make the fighting game. If the roster is incredible (balanced out with solid and fun gameplay) then the game is worth more than what is charged for it.
MEET ME IN THE SKIES SON! YOVIDEOGAMES~!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I think these Guilty Gear characters would be super cool.
View attachment 249489View attachment 249490View attachment 249491
So I love Jack-O, May and Dizzy as well, but I can't help but notice how you hard-core went for female characters again, XD.

It's cool though. Fun fact, I think either May or Dizzy would have to be chosen if they were to pick them, but once again this would be a 'Terry is the face of SNK/Fatal Fury/KoF' situation, meaning we would be getting either Sol Badguy or Ky Kiske. Picking one of these would be like being able to get Dragon Ball in Smash and picking Gohan, Goten or Trunks over Goku or Vegeta: big characters that people love, no doubt, but there is an order here and characters have ranks.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

View attachment 249507

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice mentioned that in insider circles they have heard that Nintendo and co will probably try to get Sora before the DLC is all over with. Fatman mentioned Sora might happen at VGA 2020 at the earliest.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 249507

The "3rd line of KH" part of that is what's making me think he wasn't talking about Sora in Smash at that point, unless I'm completely misunderstanding it, it seems like it just has to do with KH itself, whether it's a new game or something else.
Should add, I'm not against Sora at all. In fact, he's my second choice for a Square character (yes, he could be considered Disney, but I still say Swuare?) after Geno. I'm just trying to completely understand what he means before just assuming it's for Smash just because the timing would work out.

Also, did I hear Skullgirls? That's one of the few "traditional" 2D fighters that I'll play regularly, it's Cerebella and Painwheel for me.

Last edited:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 249507

Nomura's input gets requested for a lot of projects so it could be literally any request.

D

Deleted member

@pizzadudemanguy made a great moveset conspect video for Nightmare:

I want to thank pizzadudemanguy for that video just watched it. Nightmare seems like he'd be a a very versatile fighter with sword slash, hack attacks but also could fly, attack with dark energy charge, and create dark horses to attack as well. Very well thought out and I'd be 100% down of he gets in thanks pizzamandudeguy for posting this when he did and thanks did giving the link.

Also Goku is finally in huh? Alright finally time to go blast those smashers with a Kamehameha wave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom