• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
geno incoming
If this is true I want a progress bar similar to those Twitter accounts that say 2019 is 92% complete. I want to know the exact moment Geno drops so I can hit the store and grab that treasured Geno Amiibo blessed by our Nintendo overlords and probably get chased by several screaming sirens in the process.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Look I don't know about Nightmare based on Soul Caliber being a crossover king. While every game does have a guest character Soul Caliber itself rarely crosses over into other games. It's like that one Pacman party game, Project X Zone 2, and Namco X Capcom are about the only times it's happened. Smash for sure could still go for them but the reasoning feels a bit lacking. Also until Sabi comes and says Verge's claims were unfounded I'm going to keep them in mind.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Look I don't know about Nightmare based on Soul Caliber being a crossover king. While every game does have a guest character Soul Caliber itself rarely crosses over into other games. It's like that one Pacman party game, Project X Zone 2, and Namco X Capcom are about the only times it's happened. Smash for sure could still go for them but the reasoning feels a bit lacking. Also until Sabi comes and says Verge's claims were unfounded I'm going to keep them in mind.
Since we’re on the topic of Verge credibility, One Piece, and Soul Calibur crossovers, all I’ve got to say is that I’m still waiting for Zoro in Soul Calibur 6 like he said

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Since we’re on the topic of Verge credibility, One Piece, and Soul Calibur crossovers, all I’ve got to say is that I’m still waiting for Zoro in Soul Calibur 6 like he said
He said ****ing Zoro in soulcalibur ?!? Why I hate the gameplay of 3D fighting games ? :crying:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
That would actually be a pretty sick guest addition.
He said ****ing Zoro in soulcalibur ?!? Why I hate the gameplay of 3D fighting games ? :crying:
He specifically said Zoro would be in at launch and, well... he wasn’t. Verge had a pretty decent Smash record for the base game but it seems like he’s pretty susceptible to being baited, especially going by what Fatman said earlier (I had no idea Star Fox Grand Prix was bait)

I want to see Zoro using both Soul Edge and Soul Caliber now.
I feel like if he actually was in he’d have Soul Edge and Soul Calibur katanas and hold them in his hands while keeping the white sword in his teeth, but I want to see someone draw him trying to carry a Nightmare-style Soul Edge with his mouth

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
He specifically said Zoro would be in at launch and, well... he wasn’t. Verge had a pretty decent Smash record for the base game but it seems like he’s pretty susceptible to being baited, especially going by what Fatman said earlier (I had no idea Star Fox Grand Prix was bait)
Certainly true but we've seen plenty of leakers who are good in one field and when they leak for others they suck. I remember Hitagi leaking stuff outside of Smash and then came into our arena and got nothing. Verge's record outside of Smash is insanely hit or miss. In Smash though he's sadly far more often right than he is wrong. We can say all of his past achievements are just lucky guesses and piggybacking but so far he's been as accurate on DLC as Sabi so no reason to doubt now until the leakers start infighting.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Certainly true but we've seen plenty of leakers who are good in one field and when they leak for others they suck. I remember Hitagi leaking stuff outside of Smash and then came into our arena and got nothing. Verge's record outside of Smash is insanely hit or miss. In Smash though he's sadly far more often right than he is wrong. We can say all of his past achievements are just lucky guesses and piggybacking but so far he's been as accurate on DLC as Sabi so no reason to doubt now until the leakers start infighting.
Is that true that he’s been as accurate as Sabi? I don’t remember Sabi saying Minecraft stuff was coming.

OffBi

Smash Ace
If verge is to be trusted, maybe it's sol badguy?
He has a sword like those missing mii costumes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I know that I said that Klonoa's my bet for Namco character, and also that I'm tentatively believing Vergeben on Namco being down for the count, but I got to thinking about something that lines up interestingly:

Thanks to Sakurai, we know development on Ultimate started in late 2015, that DLC was decided Spring 2018, and that the plans for the Fighter's Pass were finalized late Fall 2018.
Based on what Sakurai tweeted, DLC selection was finalized on like, November 3 2018. I don't really buy that, but iirc it's when he tweeted about it. I think early fall is probably a safer bet than late fall, but it's splitting hairs, really.

So, I love the Smash soundtrack, and video game soundtracks in general. I listen to them often while driving around and a song came on a few days ago that really got the gears turning, but they didn't turn quite this much until today when it came on again after I read this post. It's an odd choice of a song, and to make it even stranger, it was removed from Ultimate, to my knowledge: Bravoman Retro Medley. So I said to myself - no, maybe I'm somehow overlooking it, or haven't met the condition to unlock it despite playing all of World of Light and having all of the challenges cleared and having cleaned out the shop...

So I went to confirm it on the Smash Bros Wiki, and sure enough, it was cut from Ultimate. To make matters a bit more odd, though, in the August 8, 2018 direct, Pac Man's song list said 13 titles, but the final game only has 11 - Bravoman Retro Medley and Yokai Dochuki Retro Medley are the only two Namco songs not to return, but they seem to have been planned to return during whatever build was being showcased during that direct.

It's super weird considering Springman had to hold an L and the two characters are pretty similar, but I'm kind of leaning towards Bravoman.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Is that true that he’s been as accurate as Sabi? I don’t remember Sabi saying Minecraft stuff was coming.
And Sabi didn't back Banjo. He also stated that content would likely be something other than a fighter. I remember us talking about Minecraft bosses a lot during that time and well fighters are all we care about to be honest so eh whatever.

Melonsismyusername

Smash Apprentice
- He has insane moveset potential being able to shoot a lazer and bullets from his arm and turn himself into a canon. (Alot of characters have more moveset potential, hes not the only one, for example Sora.)

- He looks cool. (cool is subjective)

- He represents the very first Mario RPG game. (Mallow and so many more characters also do)

- People who watched Smash Kingdom and Bowser's Kingdom on Newgrounds and Youtube in the late 2000s have a strong nostalgia connection towards him. (This is only on newgrounds, and only if they were old enough to do so, which is a minority in terms of smashes core audience)

- He has been a highly requested character since Brawl. (the only thing he has going for him is a hype train)

- Sakurai himself wants Geno in Smash. (The evidence for this is extremely old.)

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I don’t exactly like this whole “agree with him until he disagrees with the popular theory, then he’s absolutely a liar and can’t be trusted” thing.

The idea that the co-developer of the game literally can’t get a new character in unless they’re “thanked” with the final slot of the Pass has never really made sense to me, either. Especially with Sakurai’s recent Pac-Man comments, it seems possible that Namco themselves just... aren’t really prioritizing getting another of their characters in? Presumably they make money off of the base game and possibly even every other DLC sale in the first place, anyway, which is no doubt a fruitful arrangement.

(Incidentally, even when it comes to Namco, you don’t have to stretch all the way to “he likes fighting games, so he may like the Soul Calibur series”, there’s another certain series they publish with Soul in the title that he’s made extremely positive comments about before...)

But seriously, if you still want to fit #5 into a “characters Sakurai likes” theory, don’t overlook Monokuma or Travis. Both fit that exact description while also introducing new companies into the Smash fold, which also seems to be a legitimate theme of the Pass.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And Sabi didn't back Banjo. He also stated that content would likely be something other than a fighter. I remember us talking about Minecraft bosses a lot during that time and well fighters are all we care about to be honest so eh whatever.
I don't know if Sabi back Banjo & Kazooie or not, but she was about to leak them the night before the E3 Nintendo Presentation before being sent a C&D letter from Nintendo's lawyers. Also, let's remember Verge claiming we were going to get the Ender Dragon as a boss through a update a year ago. He sure didn't get that right.

Nah Sakurai is from the void century, all the characters was already made at this time :surprised:
So Sakurai is Imu-Sama?

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't know if Sabi back Banjo & Kazooie or not, but she was about to leak them the night before the E3 Nintendo Presentation before being sent a C&D letter from Nintendo's lawyers. Also, let's remember Verge claiming we were going to get the Ender Dragon as a boss through a update a year ago. He sure didn't get that right.
Yes I'm aware but going back to that time both Shinobi and Verge said Banjo a good number of days before E3, while Sabi still didn't know and he didn't get his C&D until a day or two before Nintendo's presentation so he was literally just waiting till he saw the direct early at that point, which at that point isn't a leak it's an advanced screening.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I mean there’s a difference between not backing a real leak and leaking something that doesn’t happen. And I didn’t say anything about a fighter, Verge said Minecraft content was coming and, to be fair it still could but it hasn’t yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom