• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Just the fact that my dream strike team of waluigi, Isaac, and geno has a chance at actually becoming reality one day had me incredibly giddy. I'm pretty confident in geno at this point so if wa can just hold it together a little longer and isaac gets that switch game then I'm in the clear.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Oh boy, the Smash fanbase. It almost feels like a neverending battlefield (no pun intended) with troops coming from all fronts at times, but at least there are several small bunkers where we're mostly safe like this thread.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Best timeline: Literally every requested character is in smash.

(actually wait, we have Sakurai in this timeline, it's already the best. Thank you, Mr. Sakurai <3)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The upcoming Wahpacolypse shall be frightening but when the wahrapture arrives.

I shall bow down to our Wahhero and welcome him fondly.

Wah!

T2by4

Smash Lord
>Geno got invited to visit CN City before Smash

Feels indifferent man. On the downside, he lost the silvagunner tournament. However, on the bright side, at least he has the chance to make more friends at CN City! Who would he be good friends with there?

Attachments

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
honestly, I don't even think about general fanbases at this point anymore. I'd rather just judge on an individual basis, or a person by person basis. This is how I am when it comes to stuff outside of video games or entertainment media in general.

At the end of the day no fanbase or group of people is a hivemind or single entity, no point in viewing them as such.
Words to live by, that's the way I see things too. I'll sometimes talk about fanbases, but of course, it makes no sense to generalize a massive group of people like that whose only thing in common is the liking of a piece of media.

There might be plenty of toxic individuals in the Smash community, but the community as a whole isn't toxic as far as I'm concerned.

The upcoming Wahpacolypse shall be frightening but when the wahrapture arrives.

I shall bow down to our Wahhero and welcome him fondly.

Wah!
Wahise choice of yours. May our lord Waluigi have mercy on you when the day comes!

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Regardless of Geno going 0-2 in the tournament, we still got some really nice SMRPG covers which I am truly grateful for!

I almost guarantee Weird Al, J&E and Krabs are all getting into the final four. Those characters are broken af

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Regardless of Geno going 0-2 in the tournament, we still got some really nice SMRPG covers which I am truly grateful for!

I almost guarantee Weird Al, J&E and Krabs are all getting into the final four. Those characters are broken af
I'm surprised you didn't add Law and Disorder and the Jazz Cats, who both seem more likely than Krabs at this point.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
We are in a timeline where we can realistically get Geno, Lloyd, Waluigi, and Sora as playable characters in Ultimate. I like this a lot.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord

Papyrus got an insane buff with his AU theme being in. That theme was a banger.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
>Geno got invited to visit CN City before Smash

Feels indifferent man. On the downside, he lost the silvagunner tournament. However, on the bright side, at least he has the chance to make more friends at CN City! Who would he be good friends with there?
I am just sad that Geno left the tourney without a single victory again.

Firox

Smash Master
@RingJ5 There is stuff behind the scenes that seemingly were pointing to any of the four characters I originally proposed. For Dante, the Trilogy for Switch has been known by insiders since probably August and, for Lloyd, rumors for Lloyd have been floating around for a year and, like my colleague pointed out the other day, an avalanche of evidence for something Tales and Nintendo related has been around since September. As for Nightmare and Sol, there is more but I can't talk about it but both rumors go back to about July or so. It's another one of those circumstances where I can't show all my notes and only theorize publicly on what is, well, public.
So given the new spirit event that just came out, I take it that we can officially deem Resident Evil out of the running? With Chris, Leon AND Jill being released as Spirits, and not as part of a DLC pack, I think it's pretty safe to say that the "spirits deconfirm" argument would apply in this particular case. I don't see a logical argument in their favor at this point without invoking some fairly hard-core bias.

D

Deleted member

I dislike some of the Smash fanbase haven't had the best interactions with some of them. And sometimes the things some of them say just make me think. Ho-boy why do I even bother. But I love the series and will always support it. And will continue to play as I always have that would never have changed.

I'm not talking about the general Smash fanbase though because my interactions with them have been nothing but great and enjoyable just great conversations for this amazing series we love.

Anyway I'm happy to be a fan and will always enjoy the games the fanbase is great. But yes there is some parts you want to avoid and I can understand that.

Not here this community is great and the Geno fans here are awesome great people and I'm happy to be supporting him with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
MissingNo. is fighting Mr. Krabs next match, gosh dang it.

I like them both but I was wanting MissingNo. to survive a while longer...FRICK I hope he gets that Calm4.ogg rip before he’s out...

Last edited:

Cinderace

Smash Rookie
“Wah! It’s-a me, Waluigi! I voted for Geno to be in Smash Bros! Now help-a me out by getting me in too!
WAHahahahahahaha!

...Ok I know I didn’t actually get to vote for him, but get me in, and I’ll help Geno cheat his way here! “

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Except Goku.
I'm just saying... Goku is the mascot of the 2020 olympics this year... his games have a long history on Nintendo consoles... and he IS known for always showing up late to a battle

Don't give me that look, it's as plausible as every other guess we have going on around here

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
hey guys. theres only one thing you all need to kno about fighter #5. and that is

heres to wherever the sakurai express takes us next!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Whoever thought Gordon or Jonesy were stuff to even consider is what's hilarious in the first place, and not seeing through sabi's humor of him amusing the idea of such characters that are clearly obviously not it, is just lame lol. Literally every leaker has a piece of humor when talking about names that are ridiculously obviously not it. Not trying to defend Sabi on why he amused such leaks, but covering leaks is not the same as trusting them, papagenos does exactly the same when talkingi about them, doesnt mean he trusts everything he covers. I think there is something called common sense everyone should use, and a sarcasm detector coming in the package isn't too extra at this point, lol.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I just snapped to the fact that we are now currently a mere 25 pages away from a grand milestone of 1900 pages on this topic. I actually wonder if it'll be possible to hit the big 2K within the next week or so? Potentially a steep goal, but, the active nature of this thread gives me hope that we could see that goal come true! Keep it going! :ultduckhunt:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I just snapped to the fact that we are now currently a mere 25 pages away from a grand milestone of 1900 pages on this topic. I actually wonder if it'll be possible to hit the big 2K within the next week or so? Potentially a steep goal, but, the active nature of this thread gives me hope that we could see that goal come true! Keep it going! :ultduckhunt:
This thread jumps a good 10 pages every time a deconfirm happens, and at the rate we're going we'll be there in no time

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Whoever thought Gordon or Jonesy were stuff to even consider is what's hilarious in the first place, and not seeing through sabi's humor of him amusing the idea of such characters that are clearly obviously not it, is just lame lol. Literally every leaker has a piece of humor when talking about names that are ridiculously obviously not it. Not trying to defend Sabi on why he amused such leaks, but covering leaks is not the same as trusting them, papagenos does exactly the same when talkingi about them, doesnt mean he trusts everything he covers. I think there is something called common sense everyone should use, and a sarcasm detector coming in the package isn't too extra at this point, lol.
Gordon was obviously a stretch, but I could totally see Jonesy being in the realm of possibility due to how much Nintendo was pushing Fortnite a while back.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
You know, see how Resident Evil won't be getting a character they might as well make Mii Costumes based off of Wesker's and Stars uniforms.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
You know, see how Resident Evil won't be getting a character they might as well make Mii Costumes based off of Wesker's and Stars uniforms.
I actually really hope we do see costumes, considering the circumstances. I think that's one of the reasons why I tend to feel appreciative towards the costumes as a whole; If they sincerely cannot get someone in as a fully-fledged character, the representation is appreciated. And now, after Sans got such a well-made costume, I actually wouldn't say no to other franchises receiving costumes that may not really be suitable for an actual character. (Example; I'm still totally jazzed about the concept of a group of FNAF costumes, since the characters themselves are ultimately suits/costumes for robotic exoskeletons. It'd be all-too fitting.)

At the end of the day, I definitely would prefer actual fighters. But, understanding the amount of work and time/energy required to make something like that come to fruition, I enjoy the opportunity to play dress-up with the representation available. :ultduckhunt:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I want to say a resident evil spirit event is meant to hype up for a potential Capcom reveal. I don't see why Nintendo would go out of their way to pay for the rights to use RE for just spirits unless they negotiated that when they were negotiating with Capcom for something else like a character. I really think we are going to get a Capcom character for #5.

Last edited:

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
I want to say a resident evil spirit event is meant to hype up for a potential Capcom reveal. I don't see why Nintendo would go out of their way to pay for the rights to use RE for just spirits unless they negotiated that when they were negotiating with Capcom for something else like a character. I really think we are going to get a Capcom character for #5.
They’re not using the RE characters to hype up an unrelated fighter. It’s a promotion for the RE games that have been ported to Switch over the past year, hence why all the spirits represent games that are currently on the system and spirits from RE2make are conspicuously absent.

IMO the spirits don’t point to more Capcom content in general beyond demonstrating that they are continuing to collaborate with Nintendo (which I do still take as a good thing). With that said, I’m very hopeful for more Capcom content (particularly Phoenix Wright but all of their IPs are gold) and think it stands a good chance of happening either way.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
That Cacomallow is still nagging at me in the back of my mind. I wonder if Sabi dismissed Doomguy too soon? He’s probably not #5 but I really wanna know if there were further developments on it.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I actually really hope we do see costumes, considering the circumstances. I think that's one of the reasons why I tend to feel appreciative towards the costumes as a whole; If they sincerely cannot get someone in as a fully-fledged character, the representation is appreciated. And now, after Sans got such a well-made costume, I actually wouldn't say no to other franchises receiving costumes that may not really be suitable for an actual character. (Example; I'm still totally jazzed about the concept of a group of FNAF costumes, since the characters themselves are ultimately suits/costumes for robotic exoskeletons. It'd be all-too fitting.)

At the end of the day, I definitely would prefer actual fighters. But, understanding the amount of work and time/energy required to make something like that come to fruition, I enjoy the opportunity to play dress-up with the representation available. :ultduckhunt:
I'm more wanting the costumes because it seem like those can apply to any character without it being a direct reference to those characters. I freaking hate all the characters Mii Costumes (except for Sans) but I'd be down with Wesker's suit so one of my Mii can be from the Matrixs

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
That Cacomallow is still nagging at me in the back of my mind. I wonder if Sabi dismissed Doomguy too soon? He’s probably not #5 but I really wanna know if there were further developments on it.
It really is kind of weird how that whole thing sorta blew up like it did, only to kinda peter out and quietly shuffle away into the shadows with little fanfare. Weird that there was never any real confirmation/deconfirmation of the subject, and at the same time, even weirder that nobody decided to step forward while the topic was fresh and trending to go "Ah-ha, t'was ME!"

I'd love to know what that whole thing was all about, but we'll likely never know until something officially comes along to lay the matter to rest.

I'm more wanting the costumes because it seem like those can apply to any character without it being a direct reference to those characters. I freaking hate all the characters Mii Costumes (except for Sans) but I'd be down with Wesker's suit so one of my Mii can be from the Matrixs
Yeeeah, I'll be honest; Wesker's digs are the best digs, and I want 'em. :ultduckhunt:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I was gonna mention something about this with Fatman’s comment towards it, but this is also a good chance to do it.

I am very disappointed that Gordon is now looked at as a troll character. I legit thought that Half-Life Alyx was a chance to breathe life into the series again and drum up interest for a potential Smash reveal, but that was probably wishful thinking on my end.

I really do like the Half-Life series, so I’m a little bummed that gordon is being grouped in alongside a character like Jonesy :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It really is kind of weird how that whole thing sorta blew up like it did, only to kinda peter out and quietly shuffle away into the shadows with little fanfare. Weird that there was never any real confirmation/deconfirmation of the subject, and at the same time, even weirder that nobody decided to step forward while the topic was fresh and trending to go "Ah-ha, t'was ME!"

I'd love to know what that whole thing was all about, but we'll likely never know until something officially comes along to lay the matter to rest.
This is what I was saying. Not a single insider could say anything about it except for one who could only say it wasn't related to fighter 5. Feels like everyone wrote it off as Grinch Leak 2 and just let it die. In the long run, it doesn't matter, but it feels like some more diligence could have paid off. With the way Fighter 5 is turning out, though, I have to imagine maybe diligence on the subject isn't welcome.

What's stranger about the possibility of it being fake is that it seems like to me that the faker would like to keep going. Even if you don't intend to come out with your ruse, there's still the opportunity to keep stringing people along, which would kind of be the goal if you're not looking for credit. Given the timing, the Grinch Leaker knew his troll was gonna be exposed in a matter of days, but this guy had no clue how long it'd be. Not that I'd expect a daily leak, but every once in a while, producing another video featuring either the same hats or new ones feels like it'd be the kind of thing someone who just wants to make a fake leak would do. I'm probably just looking too much into it, though.

OffBi

Smash Ace
What if the last character was Travis touchdown?
I mean, if we go by that the last batch of mii costumes all had swords, it could fit, plus, it could serve as sakurai thanking him for the help in brawl times

Or maybe sol badguy as he also has a sword

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
It's sad to hear that the Smash fanbase has got it's fair share of toxicity, even though it's got a E 10+ audience. That being said, I feel at home when I see everyone here discussing, sharing, and overall being just a wholesome group. Rock on, starfolks. :starman:

(more sketches cause I'm having too much fun today. sorry! :mario:)
View attachment 249160
Series has been running for 20-something years. most fans are 16+ years older.

hey guys. theres only one thing you all need to kno about fighter #5. and that is

heres to wherever the sakurai express takes us next!
}
Here´s the thing, the names that are in the running are not that interesting. It´s kind of nuts but I am looking at characters from old Fake smash rosters for something more interesting.

Supergeno

Smash Rookie
Well, in light of recent developments I think it's time to bring out the good ol' reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom