• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I think it is safe to say Waluigi isn't Fighter #5. I don't think anyone thinks that. These talks are interesting because apparently he's being talked about behind the scenes.

Hopefully, if we get a 3rd wave of DLC, we can get one more promotion in the form of Isaac or Shadow. But I wouldn't get hopes up for a 3rd wave because that is super far off. Personally, if wave 2 is the final DLC, Waluigi makes all the sense in the world to be the final fighter revealed (if it isn't Sora).

Oh! Wait a minute Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ! I just realized! You mentioned how characters beginning post pass DLC will likely reuse some assets (such as Geno and Lloyd, as you've later said). Were you also implying Waluigi? Or are details about him not known since hardly anyone has asked? Do the Waluigi talks come from credible sources like Sabi's or the NoA one? Have there been any hints towards him like when NoA hinted at Tales of content?

(Again, sorry for the questions, but this topic is legitimately interesting. But I understand if you don't want to talk about it!)

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Y'know, if Geno gets in, I consider that a win for the Mario RPG games (both SMRPG and Mario and Luigi). Sure, the games do have music in Smash as well as some Spirits, but they deserve more. Super Mario RPG was the beginning of the RPG series, and the cast of super cool (and sadly one-off) characters that came from them. Having Geno would feel like the series actually meant something. Heck, Bowser's Inside Story is one of my favorite games.

Really though, Geno represents a lot to the expansion of the Mario universe outside of the core games revolving around the same core characters. I think that alone is worthy of a spot in Smash Bros. And if we're lucky, it'll push demand for a new SMRPG style game (RIP AlphaDream though :().

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Wait, so now we literally know all but 2 characters on the list of 10? And with talk of potential AT promotions, we can extrapolate at least one other from there. That's interesting.

Anyway, I've been thinking of Fatmanonice's "Thank you" theory and it does strike me as fitting KOS-MOS quite a bit. Sakurai is an absolute Xeno fanatic and has been helped out of tight spots by both Namco and Monolith over the years. Xenosaga was Monolithsoft's first game, being founded after a rather turbulent time for the developers after an exodus from Squaresoft, which may or may not have been during the time period Sakaguchi started dumping all the company's savings into the disaster that was Spirit's Within.

Namco has been absolutely committed to keeping KOS-MOS relevant even after the series she initially came from had middling commercial results and ended with only half its story told. They've had success there in certain places (especially merchandising) and less success in others. Sakurai could absolutely add her in as both a "thank you" and as a fan of her himself after Monolithsoft and Namco became such an instrumental part in not only his tenure as a game developer, but even in Smash itself. It would also pretty much bring her to the height of her popularity, moreso than getting into XB2.

The things she has going against her is she is not one of the 10 names and Fatman has heard nothing about her in general. She also would technically not represent something TOTALLY new even if the 3 separate Xeno series are all technically different IPs entirely.

Still, I think it's something to think about.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Y'know, if Geno gets in, I consider that a win for the Mario RPG games (both SMRPG and Mario and Luigi). Sure, the games do have music in Smash as well as some Spirits, but they deserve more. Super Mario RPG was the beginning of the RPG series, and the cast of super cool (and sadly one-off) characters that came from them. Having Geno would feel like the series actually meant something. Heck, Bowser's Inside Story is one of my favorite games.

Really though, Geno represents a lot to the expansion of the Mario universe outside of the core games revolving around the same core characters. I think that alone is worthy of a spot in Smash Bros. And if we're lucky, it'll push demand for a new SMRPG style game (RIP AlphaDream though :().
Hey, don't forget about the Paper Mario games either. Those are RPGs too or, uh, at least they used to be.

But yes, I do agree with you that Geno in Smash would mean a lot to these games and their fans. The Mario RPGs are super beloved and even influenced other Mario games in some ways, yet they're pretty underrepresented in Smash and are in a very rough spot right now. Geno would be a savior in this situation, much like how he was in his own game.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Waluigi? Wtf? Is the dlc afer the pass gonna be FULL fanservice? If so, that's insane.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Honestly I am also a fan of Waluigi, and when I saw his assist trophy revealed during E3 of last year, I thought, "Aw...oh well, maybe next time." I'm largely unaware of any odd memes that surround him as a character, I've just always liked the idea of the Mario Bros. along with Wario and Waluigi getting into Smash Ultimate. I'm a fan of the Mario Party games and I would always pick Waluigi (unless my brother-in-law was visiting, in which case he chose Waluigi before I could) there's just something funny and quirky about him as a character counterpart to Luigi that it makes him interesting. I will say it's kind of annoying to see he's often seen as only a meme character when there are people like me out there who just don't pay any attention to it and just like the character from the games we've played growing up, so it seems really shortsighted to call it out as such for that reason. It's like people calling Geno out as a meme character just because people speculate a lot about him.

All that being said, if Waluigi does come after the fighter's pass that would be pretty cool, and I hope there's a chance also for Isaac fans to get their chance to break out of snowglobe hell because I felt really bad for them going through last year's disconfirmation. It's uncertain where any of this will go, and if Waluigi was indeed some kind of leak bait I hope it's at least some other assist trophy like Isaac getting promoted.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
AdamBel731 AdamBel731 In regards to "Assets" I was primarily referring to Geno and Lloyd but, yes, Waluigi could count towards this too. Smash has numerous "promotion" examples with ATs/Pokeballs alone being Charizard, Little Mac, Isabelle, and Dark Samus. It's definitely doable, just currently unprecedented for the same game. As for where Waluigi has been heard... Virtually everyone at some point, from the most reliable sources to ones that practically make being wrong on Twitter a full time job, has heard him. That's why this is irrelevant. If both good and bad contacts hear it, what good is it? That's another reason everyone is NOPE about it. There's so many questions and risks tied to it. Why bother? Even open speculating about ATs gets some people genuinely irate. It's dumb.

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Pointless rant was pointless. I apologize.

....also "Geno shows his spirit!!"

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Wow, even the possibility of AT promotion DLC gets people irate? That's so dumb, it needs to happen already so all the close-mindedness surrounding the concept can disappear already. There's nothing more stupid in Smash than something not happening yet turning into "it can't happen and I need to stake my claim to existence on that". No matter how many times something new happens in Smash people always find a new thing to pretend is impossible and act as if it's war to say otherwise. So dumb.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Attention everyone: you don't need to put an adjective before every verb. It's ok to just say what you mean without looking for some way to emphasize it. Enhancements lose their effects when they're used all the time. That is all, thank you.

....also "Geno shows his spirit!!"
How about "Geno whirls the competition!"

P47

Smash Apprentice
-Baby Waluigi
-Paper Waluigi
-Waluigi (Super Mario 64 DS)
-Waluigi holding a rose pleeease let this be a real spirit
View attachment 249043
-Luigi (Purple Alt)
-Waluigi (Circumcised)
-Wahshley (Wahrioware)
-Waluigi (Mario Tennis 64)
-Waluigi (Les Miserables)
-Waluigi (WarioWare Gold Portrait)
-Waluigi (Screaming)
-Waluigi (Marble statue)
-Waluigi holding a marker

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I really do wonder what will be the game where Waluigi gets his big shining moment in the spotlight. His Odyssey outfit almost teased such an idea, so I am sure it has crossed Nintendo's mind.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My guess for Waluigi is, if he comes, he'll be a bonus character at the start of one of the seasons or literally the very last character. Based on him really lacking any spirit or stage prospects, that's all I can imagine. I have a very hard time seeing him as anything but.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
My guess for Waluigi is, if he comes, he'll be a bonus character at the start of one of the seasons or literally the very last character. Based on him really lacking any spirit or stage prospects, that's all I can imagine. I have a very hard time seeing him as anything but.
Just like Piranha Plant right?

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
-Luigi (Purple Alt)
-Waluigi (Circumcised)
-Wahshley (Wahrioware)
-Waluigi (Mario Tennis 64)
-Waluigi (Les Miserables)
-Waluigi (WarioWare Gold Portrait)
-Waluigi (Screaming)
-Waluigi (Marble statue)
-Waluigi holding a marker
-Mario (Purple alt)
-Purple Wario
-Waluigi (Mario Tennis Aces)
-Waluigi (Hatless)
-Waluigi (Builder)
-WaluMiigi
-Waluigi (**** Dastardly alt)
-Waluigi (Robbie Rotten alt)
-Waluigi (Mario Kart 7)
-Waluigi (Assist Trophy)

Forget what I said earlier. Waluigi has more than enough to fill a Spirit Board and a half
You know, I really do wonder what will be the game where Waluigi gets his big shining moment in the spotlight. His Odyssey outfit almost teased such an idea, so I am sure it has crossed Nintendo's mind.
Myself, I'm hoping it's in a Wario Land or WarioWare title. Feels like we're overdue to have him in his partner in crime's own games already, y'know?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Myself, I'm hoping it's in a Wario Land or WarioWare title. Feels like we're overdue to have him in his partner in crime's own games already, y'know?
Yeah, it's rather strange that he hasn't appeared along Wario for one of those games, especially since his entire creation was based around Wario needing a tennis partner.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Honestly, the sight of Geno fans dunking on Waluigi is kind of funny and ironic to me

I mean they're both kind of the same thing, popular characters mostly relegated to Mario spinoffs. And, with all due respect, Geno is probably even less significant than Wah, considering the latter has at least appeared in like, 50x more games.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
wario & waluigi game. even with just warioland and warioware characters and setting they have everything they could ask for.

wario & waluigi supervillain saga
wario & waluigi partners in crime
wario & waluigi bros before foes
wario & waluigi meme team

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Wait, so now we literally know all but 2 characters on the list of 10? And with talk of potential AT promotions, we can extrapolate at least one other from there. That's interesting.

Anyway, I've been thinking of Fatmanonice's "Thank you" theory and it does strike me as fitting KOS-MOS quite a bit. Sakurai is an absolute Xeno fanatic and has been helped out of tight spots by both Namco and Monolith over the years. Xenosaga was Monolithsoft's first game, being founded after a rather turbulent time for the developers after an exodus from Squaresoft, which may or may not have been during the time period Sakaguchi started dumping all the company's savings into the disaster that was Spirit's Within.

Namco has been absolutely committed to keeping KOS-MOS relevant even after the series she initially came from had middling commercial results and ended with only half its story told. They've had success there in certain places (especially merchandising) and less success in others. Sakurai could absolutely add her in as both a "thank you" and as a fan of her himself after Monolithsoft and Namco became such an instrumental part in not only his tenure as a game developer, but even in Smash itself. It would also pretty much bring her to the height of her popularity, moreso than getting into XB2.

The things she has going against her is she is not one of the 10 names and Fatman has heard nothing about her in general. She also would technically not represent something TOTALLY new even if the 3 separate Xeno series are all technically different IPs entirely.

Still, I think it's something to think about.
Uhhh didn't he say it was for Nightmare? I didnt read into it but that's what I heard

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
-Mario (Purple alt)
-Purple Wario
-Waluigi (Mario Tennis Aces)
-Waluigi (Hatless)
-Waluigi (Builder)
-WaluMiigi
-Waluigi (**** Dastardly alt)
-Waluigi (Robbie Rotten alt)
-Waluigi (Mario Kart 7)
-Waluigi (Assist Trophy)
Can’t believe you all forgot:

-Waluigi (Soccer Mom)
-Mercedes Benzuigi
-Green Cadmium Waluigi
-Waluigi (Bridal Boutique Owner)
-3 Waluigis Stacked in a Trench Coat
-Ants In His Eyes Waluigi
-Congressman Waluigi
-Waluigi but in Celsius

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Uhhh didn't he say it was for Nightmare? I didnt read into it but that's what I heard
Sure, but it's just speculation based on the 10 names, which we don't necessarily know the roles of or if even any of them are coming. I'm just taking his theory and applying it in a slightly different way.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I'm outta here this thread has gotten to the point that it's too much for me a few users are quite "bruh moment" worthy and it's just too much. I'm outta here and outta dis community. I don't feel like I quite belong here, It's too toxic.

Good luck to the thick-skinned people here and to the few friends I thought I had. Of course I'm still rooting for Geno but I'm done here it's too much for me.

D

Deleted member

Is Waluigi finally going to get his chance Wah. I doubt it Wah.

But hopefully he can get in someday Wah.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I think Geno's line should be "Geno Grants A Wish!" It fits perfectly and also is honestly what people would view it as.
Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has there been any other AT's leaked besides the Waa man?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom