• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forthestarcapelad

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of Geno having a voice, it's honestly something I've never seriously thought about, considering he comes from a game with no voice acting even if he does talk.

If I had to think of a good VA for Geno... I'd probably pick Keith Silverstein. He's already in Smash Ultimate as the voice of Simon, and I imagine his voice for Geno being similar to the one he did for Speedwagon in the english dub of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Even Speedwagon supports Geno for Smash.
I honestly love Keith Silverstein in general, and hearing Speedwagon's voice coming from Geno would be interesting to say the least.
Come to think of it...
>Hamon energy is identical to that of the sun.
>The sun is technically a star.
>Geno uses energy from the stars.
Therefore, Geno is a hamon user.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WMBFghFCIg

Okay so I looked it up and that was pretty much the greatest thing I’ve seen in my life.

To continue the topic of Geno and anime here’s something I’d have more expected to be titled “Star Road Crusaders”
Oh my god...! It's Mario's stand!
ZA W H I R L (UDO)

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I honestly love Keith Silverstein in general, and hearing Speedwagon's voice coming from Geno would be interesting to say the least.
Come to think of it...
>Hamon energy is identical to that of the sun.
>The sun is technically a star.
>Geno uses energy from the stars.
Therefore, Geno is a hamon user.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WMBFghFCIg

Oh my god...! It's Mario's stand!
ZA W H I R L (UDO)
Bowser: “I activate my stand,MEN WITHOUT HATS!」”

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, nominated for best fighting game, family game, and game of the year. What a situation we find ourselves in.

I adore this game for it's amazing roster, great gameplay, and amazing fun, crazy multi player matches you can have with anyone. I am so happy for Masahiro Sakurai, Sora LTD, and Bandai Namco for this. Will it win? I don't think so. But it will lock up fighting game of the year. For sure.

I definetly am watching to support, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Kingdom Hearts III, and Fire Emblem: Theee Houses, also Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5 and yes you too Death Stranding. Hope you all win big.

Great news Well deserved Masahiro Sakurai!

Also because Death Stranding is nominated and Hideo Kojima is there to probably recive a ton of awards Sam Bridges for character pass #5. Confirmed.

Heh heh yes I'm kidding.
Me too. I remember when I thought Brawl's roster was too much and it was easy to get lost in, now look at us! Nearly 80 characters to play, it's insane. Every single character and nearly every stage has returned in some way or another. And not just that, but they've also updated all of them, even the Wii U ones! Just look at Great Bay and Venom. Heck, look at Fountain of Dreams. It's amazing the type of work Sakurai's team went through with the stages.
Plus how can you forget the 1000+ spirits and songs?
And it doesn't end here, it keeps going through DLC. Sakurai deserves this win. Outer Worlds may be great, and same with RE2, but they can't hold a handle to the passion project that is Ultimate.

I really do want to support Three Houses as that's also a game that's been taking up a lot of my time and it's just phenomenal. Both games mean a lot to me.

I feel like Smash will win the fighting game of the year for sure, but does anyone know who the other nominees are? Who is Smash up against?

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Me too. I remember when I thought Brawl's roster was too much and it was easy to get lost in, now look at us! Nearly 80 characters to play, it's insane. Every single character and nearly every stage has returned in some way or another. And not just that, but they've also updated all of them, even the Wii U ones! Just look at Great Bay and Venom. Heck, look at Fountain of Dreams. It's amazing the type of work Sakurai's team went through with the stages.
Plus how can you forget the 1000+ spirits and songs?
And it doesn't end here, it keeps going through DLC. Sakurai deserves this win. Outer Worlds may be great, and same with RE2, but they can't hold a handle to the passion project that is Ultimate.

I really do want to support Three Houses as that's also a game that's been taking up a lot of my time and it's just phenomenal. Both games mean a lot to me.

I feel like Smash will win the fighting game of the year for sure, but does anyone know who the other nominees are? Who is Smash up against?
MK11, Samurai Showdown, Dead or Alive 6, and Jump Force which I don’t even know why it’s there

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
God I hope Smash wins the Game of the Year award. And not even because it is Nintendo, but because of the sheer amount of love and care put into the game.

"Oh but what about this being absent? What about this nitpick? What about this Assist Trophy? What about this character being playable? What about this character NOT being in playable? WHAT ABOUT PIRANHA PLANT?!"

No, just shush for a moment and think about all we DO have. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate may not be perfect, but when Sakurai shows as much love for his game and pleasing us as much as he does (he went to work with an IV drip for crying out loud), he definitely deserves the Game of the Year award.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if we'll see wave2 and/or the bonus character immediately after FP5. I feel like sakurai doesn't want to make 5's reveal feel completely irrelevant. we already know more DLC is in the works, so it's really just a matter of when they get announced.

I also feel that fp5 will release the same day he/she/it's revealed.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I know Doom Slayer isn't DLC 5 but dammit, how perfect would it have been if he was and Geno was revealed simultaneously as Wave 2's Plant? Missed opportunities, smh.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I know Doom Slayer isn't DLC 5 but dammit, how perfect would it have been if he was and Geno was revealed simultaneously as Wave 2's Plant? Missed opportunities, smh.
It’s SO FRUSTRATING that Smash will not follow up winning (at least Fighting) game of the year with a double Doomguy/Geno reveal trailer. Like now that the idea of that trailer is in my head I can’t just forget it lol

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
MK11 has a chance, and honestly DoA6 I don't think is winning. Jump Force is just.. no. I'm not sure about Samurai Shodown.
I think the votes will either favour MK11 or Smash from the looks of it.

(Also, can I be added to the Support List?)
Yeah, I think it is really just a match between Smash Ultimate and MK11.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Smash could have probably won even if the whole current evo lineup was all in contention. With just mk11 DoA and samsho this is going to be a slaughter.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I’m not worried about best fighting game tbh. MK 11 was very devisive among fans, and the other games are comparatively much smaller. Plus Jump Force seems like pure padding for the noms

T2by4

Smash Lord
I can't see Smash losing to this lineup at all. The only way is if a LARGE group of meme'ers actually coordinate together to get Jump Force to win. MAYBE RE2 but other than that I think Ultimate's gonna stomp considering it's the most sold fighting game of all time and how mainstream it is.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I can't see Smash losing to this lineup at all. The only way is if a LARGE group of meme'ers actually coordinate together to get Jump Force to win. MAYBE RE2 but other than that I think Ultimate's gonna stomp considering it's the most sold fighting game of all time and how mainstream it is.
That’s not quite how it works. It’s based on a jury of a bunch of different sites, user vote only counts for like 10% of the total.

Smash will probably win best fighting game hands-down, but GOTY will probably go to something else, especially if there’s a big character reveal.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Smash ultimate surpassed Street Fighter 2 as the best selling fighting game of all time in one year on one system. I don't give a **** how amazing any of the other contenders are, if that doesn't win fighting game of the year there's no explanation aside from corporate interference.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
This isn't "the" essay but more of a precursor. The truth of the matter is that I haven't written an essay like this for Smash since the Brawl days and it brings back painful memories. I used to be a lot like EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman . I used to be able to write paragraph after paragraph and debate 4 or 5 people at once and I even established a "three day rule" where I wouldn't carry on a debate for longer than three days for the sake of "courtesy." It's too real some days (we even share the same name for God's sake) and I find myself having to walk away for a few hours. Obviously I don't really write tomes anymore. There's definitely a value in being succinct but it digs up too much of the past. In the days following Brawl's final reveals, I very strongly debated deleting my posts and asking an admin to close my account. The shame and embarrassment was more than palpable. I had spent 2 1/2 years pushing the Geno campaign only to feel like I had let everyone down...
Didn't know we shared the same name or that you had such a history. Thanks for sharing and I do apologize if my commentaries might be a reminder of those days in a particularly negative light.

Also, to everyone concerned about Pokemon as DLC, they just got Spirits, and while that doesn't eliminate them completely from the running of future DLC, I'm sure many people will breathe easier at their inclusion lol.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Due to the surprisingly limited selection of Geno/Bomberman crossover fanart on the internet, I have instead used the power of Geno and Anime to join you all in Geno-related avatar solidarity.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Can I just say, it's rather funny that this thread talked Monokuma a while ago, as some of Sabi's recent tweets have kinda sparked the idea of him getting in based on their use of the words "hope" and "despair". Doubt it means anything, but I felt it would be funny to mention.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
The closer TGA gets, the more ideas (reaching perhaps) begin to pop-up. For example:

After seeing all the nominees within all categories, I noticed that Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is among the candidates for the Sports/Racing Game category. Last year at TGA, Crash himself met up with Geoff to reveal Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. Recently Geoff tweeted yet another memory from past TGAs, and it was none other than the moment Joker got revealed as the first DLC Fighter within the Fighters Pass. Do note that within the teaser trailer, the Phantom Thieves of Hearts speak of Joker infiltrating the theater to steal "the greatest treasure of all", which was revealed to be a Smash Invitation envelope. The invitation was stolen. What if... at this year's TGA, a new invitation (in place of the first one) is handed down to its original guest; Crash Bandicoot? Whether Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled wins the category or not, Crash would still be leaving that night with the greatest prize of all (the Smash Invitation).

I know that Crash has been supposedly deconfirmed to being DLC Fighter #5 (not deconfirmed for future DLC however), but what if he is? This is just yet another humble opinion. :seuss: And for sake of the quota, I'm still waiting for Geno's reveal. :nifty:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
The closer TGA gets, the more ideas (reaching perhaps) begin to pop-up. For example:

After seeing all the nominees within all categories, I noticed that Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is among the candidates for the Sports/Racing Game category. Last year at TGA, Crash himself met up with Geoff to reveal Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. Recently Geoff tweeted yet another memory from past TGAs, and it was none other than the moment Joker got revealed as the first DLC Fighter within the Fighters Pass. Do note that within the teaser trailer, the Phantom Thieves of Hearts speak of Joker infiltrating the theater to steal "the greatest treasure of all", which was revealed to be a Smash Invitation envelope. The invitation was stolen. What if... at this year's TGA, a new invitation (in place of the first one) is handed down to its original guest; Crash Bandicoot? Whether Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled wins the category or not, Crash would still be leaving that night with the greatest prize of all (the Smash Invitation).

I know that Crash has been supposedly deconfirmed to being DLC Fighter #5 (not deconfirmed for future DLC however), but what if he is? This is just yet another humble opinion. :seuss: And for sake of the quota, I'm still waiting for Geno's reveal. :nifty:
There’s also the fact that Sabi recently said that she heard a new Crash game is coming, maybe it’ll be announced at the VGA. Like you said, unlikely due to Crash being potentially deconfirmed for #5 but I still see it as a possibility if things come together.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Due to the surprisingly limited selection of Geno/Bomberman crossover fanart on the internet, I have instead used the power of Geno and Anime to join you all in Geno-related avatar solidarity.
Man, I wish Bomberman was a more popular Smash request and just more popular in general. I love the idea of crossover fanart between him and Geno to bits! The list of characters I really actually want is relatively small, but thesee two awesome boys are most definitely in there.

God I hope Smash wins the Game of the Year award. And not even because it is Nintendo, but because of the sheer amount of love and care put into the game.

"Oh but what about this being absent? What about this nitpick? What about this Assist Trophy? What about this character being playable? What about this character NOT being in playable? WHAT ABOUT PIRANHA PLANT?!"

No, just shush for a moment and think about all we DO have. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate may not be perfect, but when Sakurai shows as much love for his game and pleasing us as much as he does (he went to work with an IV drip for crying out loud), he definitely deserves the Game of the Year award.
So much yes! The absolute effort put into Ultimate by Sakurai and team is just out of this world. With all due respect to other nominees, and at risk of sounding like a total fanboy, I can't think of a game more worthy than it.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I do think Smash is going to win the fighting game award and as for game of the year, it will definitely be tough with competition from games like Kingdom Hearts 3 and RE2.

I will take this time to gush about the game and fanboy over it. I mean jesus we have close to 80 characters with more coming and that is absolutely crazy, especially since most of them are unique. I don't even know how competitive players can keep up with all the different matchups and frame data. As for the stages, 107 stages and counting! That is extremely ludicrous. Even close to one year later I'm still like "oh yeah, that stage exists." There is so many that I honestly forget some of them are in the game which is great because it almost feels like a new experience. Admittedly though, most of the time I play on the same 10 stages lol.

Plus, and I barely see this discussed, we are getting close to the 1,000 music tracks milestone. Thanks to Terry's insane amount of music, we are about 50 tracks away from that milestone. That means that if we are at least getting four more characters after the fighters pass, we should be able to reach 1,000 tracks. That is because every fighter from a new series should be getting their own stage and music, just like the Smash 4 dlc. That is because Sakurai seems to want each franchise to get their own stage (except poor ROB). And finally, 1,300+ (I believe so) spirits representing all kinds of franchises, first-party to third-party, old to new, popular to obscure.

And finally, free updates that added so much to the game. This really is all the best components of previous Smash games put together in one game (with a few notable things missing like break the targets). It really feels ultimate. Smash Ultimate is my favorite video game and I really hope it wins game of the year. This is honestly one of the most passion-fueled projects I've ever seen.

After all, in what other game can you have Pac-Man, Sonic, Simon and Joker team up to fight Banjo-Kazooie, Snake, Terry, and Cloud in New Donk City which then morphs into Hanenbow, meanwhile everyone is throwing shells and chickens at each other while they are being attacked by Rathalos and Waluigi?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Man, I wish Bomberman was a more popular Smash request and just more popular in general. I love the idea of crossover fanart between him and Geno to bits! The list of characters I really actually want is relatively small, but thesee two awesome boys are most definitely in there.
A mart after my own heart. Yeah historically from what I’ve seen Bomberman is more popular outside the US, like there’s a kart racer and a sports spinoff and an RPG and of course DreamixTv World Fighters (the crossover including Simon Belmont, Snake, and Optimus Prime) but for some reason none of that came stateside. Heck, there we like SIX Super Bomberman games but we only got 3. As an aside, Super Bomberman 2 is one of my most cherished childhood games, played it with my dad, my childhood best friends, and much later my little brother, so the series is very special to me and I was probably more excited for Super Bomberman R than a lot of the internet at the time.

Given that they’re both small roundish partially blue robot-y guys with awesome Super Nintendo games, you’d think Geno and Bomberman would crossover more.

Griselda

Smash Lord
When Geno gets in, I think I'm going to give the Zelda in my profile icon a Geno hat.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I do think Smash is going to win the fighting game award and as for game of the year, it will definitely be tough with competition from games like Kingdom Hearts 3 and RE2.

I will take this time to gush about the game and fanboy over it. I mean jesus we have close to 80 characters with more coming and that is absolutely crazy, especially since most of them are unique. I don't even know how competitive players can keep up with all the different matchups and frame data. As for the stages, 107 stages and counting! That is extremely ludicrous. Even close to one year later I'm still like "oh yeah, that stage exists." There is so many that I honestly forget some of them are in the game which is great because it almost feels like a new experience. Admittedly though, most of the time I play on the same 10 stages lol.

Plus, and I barely see this discussed, we are getting close to the 1,000 music tracks milestone. Thanks to Terry's insane amount of music, we are about 50 tracks away from that milestone. That means that if we are at least getting four more characters after the fighters pass, we should be able to reach 1,000 tracks. That is because every fighter from a new series should be getting their own stage and music, just like the Smash 4 dlc. That is because Sakurai seems to want each franchise to get their own stage (except poor ROB). And finally, 1,300+ (I believe so) spirits representing all kinds of franchises, first-party to third-party, old to new, popular to obscure.

And finally, free updates that added so much to the game. This really is all the best components of previous Smash games put together in one game (with a few notable things missing like break the targets). It really feels ultimate. Smash Ultimate is my favorite video game and I really hope it wins game of the year. This is honestly one of the most passion-fueled projects I've ever seen.

After all, in what other game can you have Pac-Man, Sonic, Simon and Joker team up to fight Banjo-Kazooie, Snake, Terry, and Cloud in New Donk City which then morphs into Hanenbow, meanwhile everyone is throwing shells and chickens at each other while they are being attacked by Rathalos and Waluigi?

Kingdom heats is actually not in the game of the year category.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I really think these nonsense sentences you can use to legitimately describe scenarios in Ultimate are the most fun way to describe the game.
You can make Mario fight Sonic.
No
You can kill Dracula from Castlevania as Luigi.
Not enough
You can make Bowser flying suplex Terry Bogard into Solid Snake on Spiral Mountain while Cloud Strife summons a Klaptrap and Shovel Knight and a Galaga picks up Wii Fit Trainer and then the stage transforms into the living room from Nintendogs while MEGALOVANIA plays

This is a REAL VIDEO GAME

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I wish sabi wouldn't do those jokes tbh. Unless this is a hint and she's saying "oh it's not a hint" for plausible deniability, i'd rather they just deconfirm a Dagonrompa rep. This makes things very confusing.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wish sabi wouldn't do those jokes tbh. Unless this is a hint and she's saying "oh it's not a hint" for plausible deniability, i'd rather they just deconfirm a Dagonrompa rep. This makes things very confusing.
Yeah, honestly, people make fun of those whom think they’re hinting, but Sabi is clearly either hinting at something or is just trolling with these kinds of messages.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
A mart after my own heart. Yeah historically from what I’ve seen Bomberman is more popular outside the US, like there’s a kart racer and a sports spinoff and an RPG and of course DreamixTv World Fighters (the crossover including Simon Belmont, Snake, and Optimus Prime) but for some reason none of that came stateside. Heck, there we like SIX Super Bomberman games but we only got 3. As an aside, Super Bomberman 2 is one of my most cherished childhood games, played it with my dad, my childhood best friends, and much later my little brother, so the series is very special to me and I was probably more excited for Super Bomberman R than a lot of the internet at the time.

Given that they’re both small roundish partially blue robot-y guys with awesome Super Nintendo games, you’d think Geno and Bomberman would crossover more.
A spatulo after my own heartulo. ha, nailed it. I've already said I'm a filthy zoomer, but I think Bomberman was still popular enough in the early 2000s to the point I got exposed to him thanks to some of his games on PS2 and DS when I was still very young. I also played a few of the SNES ones on emulator way back when and I remember some shoddy knock off flash games based on him that I used to play. I've know Bomberman for quiiiite a while, longer than most characters in Smash right now even, but it wasn't until after his deconfirmation and playing more of his games that I really started to want him funily enough. I love everything about him, his games, his design, his moveset potential, the slapper music tracks he'd bring, just... just YES. Let's pray to papa Sakurai he can break the Assist Trophy curse for our Bomber boy sooner or later.

I also just realized he more or less has Geno's anatomy with Mallow's color scheme. Geez, the potential for fanart with the two just writes itself at this point.

Last edited:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman

RIP Sword Shield Pokemon for character 5.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

I wish they advertised the spirit events better lmao. I always feel like the last to know.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So are we waiting for DLC 5 TGA? Or could it happen like last year. Nintendo Direct (with DLC 5 reveal) TGA - Bonus reveal OR start WAVE 2 Fighter Pass ?
Unless something comes up before the 7th, VGAs for sure.

More like good riddance. :ultpiranha:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

The starters' final evolutions could still be up for grabs if they're only making Spirits out of their first forms.

... I guess, because I don't think they'd feel the need to advertise the biggest media franchise in history with Smash DLC if I'm honest.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

Spirits don’t de-confirm characters. I’d especially thinking you’d not want this as Geno is a spirit.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
A spatulo after my own heartulo. ha, nailed it. I've already said I'm a filthy zoomer, but I think Bomberman was still popular enough in the early 2000s to the point I got exposed to him thanks to some of his games on PS2 and DS when I was still very young. I also played a few of the SNES ones on emulator way back when and I remember some shoddy knock off flash games based on him that I used to play. I've know Bomberman for quiiiite a while, longer than most characters in Smash right now even, but it wasn't until after his deconfirmation and playing more of his games that I really started to want him funily enough. I love everything about him, his games, his design, his moveset potential, the slapper music tracks he'd bring, just... just YES. Let's pray to papa Sakurai he can break the Assist Trophy curse for our Bomber boy sooner or later.

I also just realized he more or less has Geno's anatomy with Mallow's color scheme. Geez, the potential for fanart with the two just writes itself at this point.
Close enough XD Yeah he was still prominent then (I’m deeply ashamed of myself for never having played Bomberman Generations on the GameCube, who even am I), oh man I love the DS land games with the silly touch screen mini game story modes. And man Bomberman music in Smash would just absolutely be a beautiful thing. We can always hope for an upgrade, but to be honest Bomberman’s design is simple enough that if they did the Sans treatment and gave us a Mii Costume packaged with the Bomberman theme (and made it change colors to different Bombermen) it would almost scratch the itch. Almost.

... how have I never realized that Bomberman is basically a simplified fusion dance of Mallow and Geno until now? XD

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
The starters' final evolutions could still be up for grabs if they're only making Spirits out of their first forms.

... I guess, because I don't think they'd feel the need to advertise the biggest media franchise in history with Smash DLC if I'm honest.
Well I'm pretty sure it's more that all those mons were officially shown off. TPC seemed really adamant about not revealing anything early so I could easily see those as being the ones Sakurai was allowed to use for the event.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Close enough XD Yeah he was still prominent then (I’m deeply ashamed of myself for never having played Bomberman Generations on the GameCube, who even am I), oh man I love the DS land games with the silly touch screen mini game story modes. And man Bomberman music in Smash would just absolutely be a beautiful thing. We can always hope for an upgrade, but to be honest Bomberman’s design is simple enough that if they did the Sans treatment and gave us a Mii Costume packaged with the Bomberman theme (and made it change colors to different Bombermen) it would almost scratch the itch. Almost.

... how have I never realized that Bomberman is basically a simplified fusion dance of Mallow and Geno until now? XD
Damn, just reading you talk about those games makes me wanna play them lol. A Bomberman Mii Costume is something I thought of a while back and honestly, I'd take it if it was the best we could get. I already made a Mii Gunner from his likeness anyway, so that would only make it more accurate to the real thing which is nice.

Lmao I literally just thought of that as I wrote, but it's totally true the more I think about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom