• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
What has a silent day for Nintendo meant in the past? I don't really pay attention to that stuff so I couldn't say myself.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
What has a silent day for Nintendo meant in the past? I don't really pay attention to that stuff so I couldn't say myself.
Isn't it obvious? The Nintendo employees are just in shock that Sakurai told them Geno is coming back! :4pacman:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nintendo not tweeting anything is a bit unusual, yeah. Still probably means jack ****
Makes sense. I think I recall one time in the past where they did not tweet anything for one day, and then the next day, nothing happened, meaning they tweeted, but it was nothing special.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Since this thread seems to have slowed down, let me pose a question!

If you could pick five veterans to give the Ultimate moveset treatment to, who would it be?

If Mario isn't on everyone's list, I'll be baffled. I would also have Donkey Kong and Sonic as the other top picks. I also would put Luigi higher up too, as nowadays a moveset with his Poltergust would make a lot of sense.

If I had to pick a fifth, that'd be harder as the ones I listed above I think need a more drastic change. Though I would also say that maybe make Wario's more diverse with Wario Land stuff (though that isn't a necessity), and maybe give Samus a more updated toolkit. Maybe you could also give Link a more Breath of the Wild inspired moveset, and maybe you could make a moveset for Yoshi more based off of Yoshi's Island?

...oh and Ganondorf too of course. Though I actually think he works pretty well in Ultimate (though not ideal).

Edit: Veterans as in characters not new to Ultimate. Though I guess if you really hated a newcomer's moveset you could change it.
I'm late to this party but throwing my hat in the ring.

The only complete overhaul needed imo is Sonic. But for four vets that could use some changes
Samus/Dark Samus - should have a stronger zone game, not necessarily Megaman 2.0 but their projectile Game hasn't aged well.
Ganondorf - needs a little more nudging to his LoZ roots
Toon Link - Change one or two of his specials to ww/ph/st exclusive gear my vote is the deku leaf.
Mario/Dr. Mario- Only change one of them, just make them a little more different

That was harder than anticipated

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
I made this comment 4 days ago, about the DLC fighter page not showing the titles of the games they come from.

Looks like the Fighter Pass page on the Ultimate Site is experiencing a glitch. The title for their games doesn't show up. refreshing it won't work.

https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/dlc/
And guess what?... The titles still don't show up! And refreshing them still won't work!

I'm bringing this up again because this is strange that they didn't fix this four days ago. I'm not saying this could be a clue for fighter 5, and think it's a glitch in the system...but I wonder why this is still going on?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
But it's not a hard disconfirmation though, all it does is debunk the idea that Mii Hat mods are impossible. It doesn't mean that the hats aren't real, they very well still could be. Also, I don't think the Palutena image from Smash 4 is a good example considering that she did end up making it in.
Yeah Palutena is in, but that leak way back when was still a fake that looked convincing.

The lesson to be taken from the Grinch Leak wasn't that we should never discuss the legitimacy of rumors/leaks. The lesson was to not get swept up in conspiracy theories, which was the main point that made the Grinch Leak such a big cluster**** in the first place. And as for the Crash thing, the reason people took that one guy's words into consideration when he was claiming that Crash was coming to Smash is because he had correctly guessed 4 Mii Costumes in a previous post, most significantly the Team Rocket Grunt outfit and the Goemon costume. Does that not give his words a little bit more credence? Can you really blame people for taking his words into consideration when he correctly guessed something as out-there as that?
You never take a leaker at face value since they don't always have the right info, there's a lot that goes on in the background. Look Star Fox Grand Prix where many insiders believe it was real and one of the worst kept secret only for it to turn out to be a hoax. They may be correct, but you shouldn't go all in. And besides if we're going on the whole "this guy was right about the Mii Costume" then the guy who said Ryu Hayabusa was right about Piranha Plant, but people chose to believe Crash because that leak sound more appealing to them.

You keep repeating that same point even though people have already addressed it. Yes, leaks can be faked no matter how legitimate they look. Do you have any other points to bring up? Perhaps any weird details you've noticed about it that would make--oh, uh, no, you're just saying that it could be faked again. As I've said before, I don't mind you being critical or debunking things, just provide better points.
If you're refering to the MallowCaco leak then I think it's weird that how suddenly many modders are just becoming pros at making Mii Hat when it was thought to be impossible, plus you had Mallow in the Toad outfit just like the Smash Bros 4 Mod (what are the odds of that for testing?). But seeing how people are getting extremely close to replicating those two hats in such a short time most likely means that some very dedicated people were able to do it first and had plenty of time to make them look really good. I know one argument is that no modders are coming out claiming they made it, but no artist came out claiming they made the Grinch Leak and one of the biggest selling points for that Grinch Leak is that the characters were drawn in a way that seem to fit not only the personality of the character but fit along side the other characters as well (with Inklings looking at Mach Rider, Isaac vines from the ground, Snake aiming at Banjo alla MGS3, Chorus Kids trying to grab Pokemon Trainer's Pokeball, it was fake but there was a lot of talent put in that hasn't been recognized by the actual artist).

Random 4chan posts are a dime a dozen and most if not all of them are fake. Arguing it's legitimacy would be a case of trying to prove that it's real or worth considering. An image and a duo of high-quality, legitimate-looking videos are very rare and somewhat harder to make. Arguing it's legitimacy would be a case of trying to disprove it's authenticity. You don't need to be an insider to prove or disprove a rumor/leak, all you need is to provide good analysis and solid argumentation.
We had video leaks before, one that comes to mind was Springman and Decidueye video leak. But all honestly if it's a leak that points more towards Geno getting in nobody wants to hear any counter argument, such as how nobody wants to consider that the Mallow & Smithy Mii Costumes might mean that Geno is also a Mii Costume as well.

A question: Do you believe that everyone in this thread that discusses a rumor/leak believes it to be 100% real? Because I sure as hell don't, and I'm not immediately knowledgeable of anyone else who does. From what I've seen, people have tended to fall more on the skeptical side of things, not entirely believing them, but not completely ruling them out, either. I think you may be mistaken as to what people believe and don't believe.
I don't believe everyone on this board believes in every leak, but I do see a lot of people believing in a lot of leaks. I saw people got into a hissy fit because they bought into that EVO leak. I saw people really believe in the Lupin Leak. My time on this board I see people buy into so many leaks that it started to look pathetic. I've seen the fallout of people believing leaks here and then getting sad it turned out wrong.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I made this comment 4 days ago, about the DLC fighter page not showing the titles of the games they come from.

And guess what?... The titles still don't show up! And refreshing them still won't work!

I'm bringing this up again because this is strange that they didn't fix this four days ago. I'm not saying this could be a clue for fighter 5, and think it's a glitch in the system...but I wonder why this is still going on?
I wouldn't think toooo much of it, but the fact that it's apparently been this way for days with no fix is... odd. It's not like this has happened over the weekend either. It's been all through a work week, through business days. How strange.

I'm viewing this on Chrome, and I haven't been on this specific page at all on this computer (not solely this browser either). I recently cleared my cache, too, and flushed my DNS. If it's going to show for anyone, it's going to be someone in my situation, but it is simply not showing. It's all obviously server-side. Hmm.

D

Deleted member

I mean there was that new private video and it's confirmed it wasn't for 6.1.0, so.... plus, TGA is too long away. We usually see the results of the private videos within 10 days maximum
Wasn't an uploaded for Hero posted a month before E3? Correct me if I'm remembering wrong here.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't think toooo much of it, but the fact that it's apparently been this way for days with no fix is... odd. It's not like this has happened over the weekend either. It's been all through a work week, through business days. How strange.

I'm viewing this on Chrome, and I haven't been on this specific page at all on this computer (not solely this browser either). I recently cleared my cache, too, and flushed my DNS. If it's going to show for anyone, it's going to be someone in my situation, but it is simply not showing. It's all obviously server-side. Hmm.
I just used Internet Explorer and went to the website, and it's the same result! Game titles are missing on the DLC page and refreshing doesn't fix it!

I too think this could be a site glitched, but I do find it odd this is happening?

Tank Man

Smash Rookie
Do you have a link for it?
What leak was this? Do you still have pics of it cause that may be interesting

I remember during the drought between KRool and the Grinch leak somebody made a leak saying Epic Mickey was gonna get in and I was lowkey afraid for a bit.
Good news and Bad news,
I could not upload the screenshot but I found a video made by “Blocked Content” where he talked about it after Terry was announced. It mentions Geno as FP5.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I4e4BtOJ42k&t=451s
The leak appears at 1:55
Enjoy

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Good news and Bad news,
I could not upload the screenshot but I found a video made by “Blocked Content” where he talked about it after Terry was announced. It mentions Geno as FP5.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I4e4BtOJ42k&t=451s
The leak appears at 1:55
Enjoy
Hmmmm. if this is true, I wonder what happened to Sabi and Verge saying Geno is not the fifth fighter?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hmmmm. if this is true, I wonder what happened to Sabi and Verge saying Geno is not the fifth fighter?
I'd ignore it. It's Blocked Content. They cover every possible 'leak' under the sun, 99% of them fake. It's like LaxChris, I'm afraid.

7NATOR

Smash Master
It's That leak i see. It's fake. if you google the ID Number of the post the post contents are very detailed...and Definitely not realistic either

This is a image edit of the post to make it seem like it was posted in may with all that correct info

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'd ignore it. It's Blocked Content. They cover every possible 'leak' under the sun, 99% of them fake. It's like LaxChris, I'm afraid.
It's not Blocked Content, it is 4Chan. Blocked Content uploaded this after the leak was posted on 4Chan.

BUT considering this is 4Chan, still, I think we all know what is best to be done regarding this. Do I even have to say it?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah..don't believe this. We all know not to trust leaks from 4chan, and I heard their posts can be edited.
That is what I was trying to say in the post before yours.

It's That leak i see. It's fake. if you google the ID Number of the post the post contents are very detailed...and Definitely not realistic either

This is a image edit of the post to make it seem like it was posted in may with all that correct info
I see. Didn't say I believed it, though. Just IF this were real.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
It's not Blocked Content, it is 4Chan. Blocked Content uploaded this after the leak was posted on 4Chan.

BUT considering this is 4Chan, still, I think we all know what is best to be done regarding this. Do I even have to say it?
Dude, I wasn't saying BC made it. They covered it. That's... literally what I said in my post lol.

Plank08

Smash Lord
So, since it seems more and more likely that we are getting 10 more characters, I’m curious,
Who do you guys think are our most likely candidates for future dlc, you can do FP5, and the other 10 placeholders, all original fighters no echoes, but they have to be realistic.
I chose:

FP5:Solaire of Astoria
2nd Fighters pass:Geno, Doomslayer, Shantae, Ryu Hayabusa, Crash Bandicoot
3rd Fighters Pass(Nintendo): Paper Mario, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, Skull Kid, Master Chief(it seems enough like a Sakurai move to have Master ####### Chief as a surprise character, and I feel like they would go big for our last game)
Most of these characters have evidence supporting them, Nintendo characters are probably gonna be requested characters, and Shantae was just because she’s really requested and I feel she would genuinely shock people.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just wondering. About Blocked Content, I know he keeps posting leaks that are likely not true, but why would he edit the text of a 4Chan leak before putting it in his video?

I never thought he'd stoop that low.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Just wondering. About Blocked Content, I know he keeps posting leaks that are likely not true, but why would he edit the text of a 4Chan leak before putting it in his video?

It could’ve been that someone else edited it and sent it to him, and he just uploaded it without fact-checking or having the source (since this seems to be what LaxChris does as well, just upload whatever for the views), but idk.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

No he did not edit the thing. The actual post was a edited off of another 4 chan post. Blocked content did not do anything to the imagine besides cover it.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It could’ve been that someone else edited it and sent it to him, and he just uploaded it without fact-checking or having the source (since this seems to be what LaxChris does as well, just upload whatever for the views), but idk.
I see. Either way, don't those two Youtube celebrity rejects know there are better ways to get views other than making videos about leaks that are fake?

Probably not, but still...

No he did not edit the thing. The actual post was a edited off of another 4 chan post. Blocked content did not do anything to the imagine besides cover it.
So who was the wise guy who edited it? I know he probably didn't know, but shouldn't Blocked Content have checked to see if it existed in the first place, first?

Griselda

Smash Lord
..When Geno says his actual name and nobody can pronounce it, what do you think it sounds like? Like tinkling bells, or reversed demon screeching?

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Since this thread seems to have slowed down, let me pose a question!

If you could pick five veterans to give the Ultimate moveset treatment to, who would it be?

If Mario isn't on everyone's list, I'll be baffled. I would also have Donkey Kong and Sonic as the other top picks. I also would put Luigi higher up too, as nowadays a moveset with his Poltergust would make a lot of sense.

If I had to pick a fifth, that'd be harder as the ones I listed above I think need a more drastic change. Though I would also say that maybe make Wario's more diverse with Wario Land stuff (though that isn't a necessity), and maybe give Samus a more updated toolkit. Maybe you could also give Link a more Breath of the Wild inspired moveset, and maybe you could make a moveset for Yoshi more based off of Yoshi's Island?

...oh and Ganondorf too of course. Though I actually think he works pretty well in Ultimate (though not ideal).

Edit: Veterans as in characters not new to Ultimate. Though I guess if you really hated a newcomer's moveset you could change it.
I actually have a notepad FULL of things like this, I've been working on it on/off for a while. My goal is to improve every veteran from 64-brawl at some point, and maybe some others.

Kirby is definitely my most wanted to change though. He's flawed in Smash in a way that makes him underpowered, and making his moves more accurate to his series would buff him so well. Examples; Allow him to spit out star projectiles for ANYTHING he inhales, and swallowing projectiles gives him a copy ability instead of healing him. Letting him use dash attack midair, letting him keep his run speed mid-air as long as he doesn't double jump, giving him physics much more similar to Kirby games... MAKE HIS NAIR A PUFF OF AIR. PLEASE. HE NEEDS A GOOD PROJECTILE SO BAD AND IT WOULD BE ****ING AWESOME.

Also, Samus is another big one. Her moveset is so slow and clunky. Why is Samus a zoner again? Why can't she use the speed booster and whoosh around the stage, why does she only have one midair jump, etc etc. There's so much wrong with her moveset. She works fine, but it doesn't feel like you're playing as Samus. Give her access to more of her beam types too. And let her crawl (morph ball) instead of just having it be part of the worst down b ever made.

(If you wanna hear me rant about more of my ideas tell me and I'll post more but I don't wanna spam the thread with this if nobody wants it :p)

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, technically, angels are just prettier demons, and Geno is pretty angelic, being an agent of a mysterious and unknowable higher authority from above, after all.
-_-

Yeah, I am pretty much not buying the "angels are prettier demons" part.

Griselda

Smash Lord
-_-

Yeah, I am pretty much not buying the "angels are prettier demons" part.
Well, I suppose really it's the reverse. The western concept of demons are either angels that rebelled alongside their leader, or otherwise creations of those angels, which I'd think makes them sort of angelic by association.

..But Geno just opening his mouth and nails on a chalkboard coming out is hilarious, and you know it.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I suppose really it's the reverse. The western concept of demons are either angels that rebelled alongside their leader, or otherwise creations of those angels, which I'd think makes them sort of angelic by association.

..But Geno just opening his mouth and nails on a chalkboard coming out is hilarious, and you know it.
I see what you mean, though I wouldn't exactly call it nails on a chalkboard, personally.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I see what you mean, though I wouldn't exactly call it nails on a chalkboard, personally.
The fact that in the Japanese version his name was spelled with totally unique characters found nowhere else makes the whole thing that much more mysterious.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The fact that in the Japanese version his name was spelled with totally unique characters found nowhere else makes the whole thing that much more mysterious.
Yeah, it is mysterious, indeed.

Demons are evil, fallen angels (or fallen angels’ offspring), so I guess it works...? Eh, not really, they stopped being angelic when they started following evil.
Yeah, I know, though I almost forgot that. Though I do question a lot of religion based things and stories, but that is for another time, since we probably want to avoid a religious debate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom