• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So smash invaded my dreams again. We ended up with 4 characters post pass or it's possible after I had just stopped paying attention at that point and missed the anouncement for anything else because geno and Isaac got picked. I remember Lloyd was the first one I announced. Isaac was the second to be released on April 20th next year. Can't remember who 4 was anymore other than being some super big 3rd party character but it was someone that made a ton of other people happy and we all agreed that fatman was on the mark about this being a blatant fanservice lineup. Instead of posting here we all were hanging out in person though I don't remember anyone specifically other than oval because I asked her for the Wi-Fi password right before watching the Isaac reveal trailer. Not sure where geno showed up actually just sure that he did. Sad I don't remember more detail we had a ton of fun. Found life size fully operational geno' s for sale on Amazon though so buying like 10 of those was super cool.

Nartic

Smash Cadet
So someone here said that Fatman said that the 5th fighter was going to be like the end of the world, but in a good way.
Guys.
What if that character is Gordon Freeman?
Like, if you think about it, it fits the colour theory!
It's more likely than the Half-Life 3.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
So someone here said that Fatman said that the 5th fighter was going to be like the end of the world, but in a good way.
Guys.
I didn't see him say that

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You guys have been through 17 pages since I've been gone yesterday. I'm too lazy to go through all those pages lol! Can anyone give me a lowdown?

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I know we've discussed who we would like to see in the game, and obviously it's the Geno thread so every person here sure better have Geno up there at their number one, but now that we know he's not Challenger Pack 5 (nor is Ryu or Crash or Doom Man or Tracer [lmao]), who are you guys honestly hoping will be the end of the Fighters Pass? Like, according to the rules we probably know, but not according to popular speculation.

For me, I'm actually hoping for someone who has been considered a Sony character, despite the fact I don't think Sony itself owns any of the franchises that happen to be Playstation exclusives. At the VGAs last year, the big three were all there on stage together, promising us big things in this bright new era of collaboration, and so far, Sony's been a big stick in the mud from what I've seen - its taken them until just recently to open up crossplay on certain games, if I'm with the times.

I think I'd most want Sly Cooper, I loved those games, really defined the Playstation 2 era for me. Ratchet and Clank are a close runner up, and while I guess Jak (and Daxter I guess) would be ok, he's sort of like Doom Guy in how hard it is for me to come up with a moveset for him.
Based on my gaming experience, the perfect end for the FP would either be a Sony or an Indie rep. That's all I can really think of since most of my other wanteds have some sort of representation from their company already. I suppose if Bethesda still counted Vault Boy would also be up there. This is assuming we will get a rep from a company not already represented in Smash for FP5 of course and not one of the already disconfirmed characters. My most wanted are either already spirits/assist trophies or from companies that already have some kind of representation, so make more sense for post pass DLC if they wind up as DLC.

For Indie rep since Sans is in I won't go with Frisk and Shovel Knight and Shantae are already represented (not that I'd pick Shantae anyway but she's a popular Indie request). My indie requests are generally less popular like Hatty Hattington from Battleblock Theater or Yuki or the Dishwasher from The Dishwasher games (would love to have those games' music especially in Smash). I would also love Hat Girl or The Knight from Hollow Knight.

For Sony reps, as much as I loved Medieval, I still feel like I'd go with Ratchet and Clank for the moveset potential and iconic-ness. Edit: Or Sackboy he's cool too.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Tbh a sony rep I think is at least somewhat likely. In a similar boat to Cloud and Banjo they have several factors going against them but the main one they have in common is that they are heavily associated or owned by rival platform holders and that's the reason I think it could happen. A surprise reveal to end off a pass makes sense at least but I do admit Bamco is probably 5

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Wait, did he actually say that FP5 would be the “end of the world” but in a good way?

Could my theory from yesterday actually be correct?

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
So even Vergeben may know or may have a source that knows who the fighter is? Unless people are gonna say who it is I don't think they should comment at all.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Guys.
739B7E51-1606-48B7-9FE4-EEFF68425F9B.png

Don’t get my hopes up plz

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78139461?jumpto=27#27

In other news, Vergeben has confirmed what Sabi was trying to tell us all

I understand peoples sentiments toward her, but this is the second time that she said something before Vergeben did.
Verge has always been the second one to make a move ever since he got parts of the February Direct wrong in saying Luminary in Smash and Star Fox GP was going to be both announced in that Direct.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
So even Vergeben may know or may have a source that knows who the fighter is? Unless people are gonna say who it is I don't think they should comment at all.
To be fair, a lot of these leakers probably don't know who it is as their sources specifically only tell them who it's not right now. At least that's how the situation has been described to us. Honestly, I kind of enjoy this. It's more interesting when we don't know who it is and all the frontrunners get shot down...except when Geno's a frontrunner then that's not fun.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, a lot of these leakers probably don't know who it is as their sources specifically only tell them who it's not right now. At least that's how the situation has been described to us. Honestly, I kind of enjoy this. It's more interesting when we don't know who it is and all the frontrunners get shot down...except when Geno's a frontrunner then that's not fun.
I dunno to me it just gives off an attention seeking vibe imo obviously. I see where you are coming from but I don't really enjoy leakers making things do things which seems like an attempt of a publicity stunt instead of waiting to get actual info. Imo obviously

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Seeing as Sabi got C&D by Nintendo's lawyers during E3, I wouldn't be surprised if other insiders with great credibility knew something but decided not to open their mouths out of fear that the Nintendo ninjas might come after them if they do.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
The reason people are thinking it's a Bamco character is because it's the only company that makes too much sense that hasn't been deconfirmed supposedly. And I doubt Capcom because I suspect the reason we got Joker instead of Shadow is because they are trying to cap the third parties off at 3 or close to that and as we already have Ken who may as well be unique thats why I doubt a Capcom rep. Bamco should already have a rep and it happening as 5 makes too much sense. And who deconfirmed Sora if I may ask? I thought it's only Ryu, Doom Guy, Geno and Crash. This whole deconfirmation period instead of just not commenting or confirming who the character is is just tedious and is something I find very reminiscent of attention seeking
Oh I completely agree a Bandai Namco character is coming. The point of my previous post, however, was to point out how I question whether or not Bandai Namco would be a good Game Awards announcement (if there even is one).

I mean no disrespect towards fans of Tales of, Tekken, etc., but... well, I already explained everything in my previous post, so just go read my justification for thinking the way I do there. Again, I think a Bandai Namco character is pretty likely for post-pass DLC, but I just don't think they have a character suited for the Game Awards.

As for Sora, Fatmanonice said yesterday how nothing was happening with him at the moment, but how insiders are speculating he could possibly be one of the last DLC characters (post-pass). So he said if anything happens, it'll likely not occur until around a year from now and speculation will be flooded with him since Disney are bad at keeping secrets.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I dunno to me it just gives off an attention seeking vibe imo obviously. I see where you are coming from but I don't really enjoy leakers making things do things which seems like an attempt of a publicity stunt instead of waiting to get actual info. Imo obviously
Well yeah but that's our fault for feeding their addiction for attention. And imo specific deconfirmation is "actual info" as it directly impacts and changes the landscape of speculation. But I see that you mean who the character actually is or what company they're from is "actual info" to you and I get that. Everyone is definitely on edge since no news came with Terry, so the wait for FP5's identity is more difficult for some. I'm a bit anxious myself but I like talking to you guys and I don't know generally I really like the unexpected picks and am already content with the roster so I'm not going too crazy especially since I never expected anyone I wanted other than Crash for FP5 and it's helpful for me to know he's not coming (yet). But I get your opinion and am not trying to make light of it. Hopefully some more tangible news comes to put us out of our impatient misery soon.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Was that guy from earlier lying that someone had claimed that FP5 being “end of the world but good” was said?

TBone06

Smash Ace
So fighter #5 isn't Crash, Tracer, Geno, Doom Slayer, Scorpion, or Ryu Hayabusa? Who tf is it going to be then???
Honestly, we got Banjo in this pass, so I’m happy with anyone as long as they are interesting. Joker, Hero and Terry all have fun movesets.

My guess is either Capcom or Bamco. I think Resident Evil character or Phoenix Wright makes sense. I also think Lloyd makes a lot of sense. There is just something weird about how they omitted some of the mii costumes. It doesn’t add up.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think a RE rep is a big candidate right now. What do y’all think?
Also sleeper picks like

2B, Agumon, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Lara Croft, Master Chief, KOS-MOS.

Then the obvious like

Dante, Crash (Assuming Vergeben eventually says its not him either), Heihachi, Lloyd, Phoenix Wright, Sora, Steve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom