• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , you guys are sort of just playing Insider Bingo with these names, yeah? Not going to lie, that sounds kind of fun.
To some degree it is because, like I said, the names are all great picks and the only one that would possibly irk people is Ryu. It points to Nintendo going all in for fanservice for Season 2 and possibly sets the table for a Season 3 because there's no way a vast majority of these names would not sell well. Still, even if 4 or 5 of the 7-8 made it, I think people would be very satisfied.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I don't know what never included in smash could possibly entail but im confident that when he says it's fanservice he's telling the truth.

Just keep in mind If ryu is definitively the most controversial character in the list then there is no way a gen 8 Pokemon or yet another fe character could possibly get in. I'd wager those are two of the most controversial 1st party additions they could possibly add.

But yeah I'm pretty stumped on who isn't in yet that would be cool with fans. Maybe the astral chain guy but the list seems slim.

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Can somebody please give me an reasonable explaination to what's going on here?
Fighter #5 appears to be known by Sabi's NoA source, and so for now it seems that #5 is not going to be: Ryu H, Crash, Tracer, Geno, or Doom Slayer. If the mii costume leak is real, then it may be pointing to costumes currently in development for the post pass DLC. That said, someone was able to mod in a jiggling Mallow hat into Ultimate, so it seems this leak has inspired people to figure out how to get around the compression limitations.

Further, the Heihachi, Lloyd, Gil, Megaman X, Megaman .EXE, Monster Hunter, and Rathalos costumes are all still missing. It's possible that fighter #5 is a Capcom or Namco-Bandai rep.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
To some degree it is because, like I said, the names are all great picks and the only one that would possibly irk people is Ryu. It points to Nintendo going all in for fanservice for Season 2 and possibly sets the table for a Season 3 because there's no way a vast majority of these names would not sell well. Still, even if 4 or 5 of the 7-8 made it, I think people would be very satisfied.
Season 3? Oh damn dont get me excited

Also what I’m getting from all this is at least 2 spirits (one being Geno) are being considered? Here’s hoping its Rayman

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I don't know what never included in smash could possibly entail but im confident that when he says it's fanservice he's telling the truth.

Just keep in mind If ryu is definitively the most controversial character in the list then there is no way a gen 8 Pokemon or yet another fe character could possibly get in. I'd wager those are two of the most controversial 1st party additions they could possibly add.

But yeah I'm pretty stumped on who isn't in yet that would be cool with fans. Maybe the astral chain guy but the list seems slim.
I agree with the FE and Pokémon pick. That would be more controversial than Ryu.

Astral Chain might work, but is that really a fan service pick? That game just came out and I don’t think it’s as popular as some might think to be in that category. But I could be wrong.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Fighter #5 appears to be known by Sabi's NoA source, and so for now it seems that #5 is not going to be: Ryu H, Crash, Tracer, Geno, or Doom Slayer. If the mii costume leak is real, then it may be pointing to costumes currently in development for the post pass DLC. That said, someone was able to mod in a jiggling Mallow hat into Ultimate, so it seems this leak has inspired people to figure out how to get around the compression limitations.

Further, the Heihachi, Lloyd, Gil, Megaman X, Megaman .EXE, Monster Hunter, and Rathalos costumes are all still missing. It's possible that fighter #5 is a Capcom or Namco-Bandai rep.
now i get it, i don't think i like to see any of these characters come from the same company now it might be a major let down to so many me included, though if Namco is someone outside of Heihachi then i might be okay with it.

Plank08

Smash Lord
It's 100% going to be Springtrap from Five Nights at Freddy's. Here's why I say that:
•Indie rep
•Iconic to the horror game genre
•First three games are coming to the Switch unannounced in November
•Great moveset options
•Curveball surprise for the DLC lineup

It's perfect!:ultpacman:
I would actually be so down with Freddy Fazbear in smash

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I wouldn't mind Ryu. Then me and my siblings could forever meme about hat Ken and ninja Ryu. :4pacman:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
If Ryu Hayabusa is the most controversial pick, I'm feeling really good about these post-pass characters. Hayabusa would be a great addition to the roster as both a classic NES and modern hero. It also works well as a cross with the Dead or Alive series, so it ties together nicely.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I take it that the names you heard aren't first party characters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Fantastic summary. If people want to get caught up on everything, this is a great post to read.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

We DID get Proto Man’s costume returning though, so at least one Capcom costume returned. That may be an exception, though, and not a norm.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I agree with the FE and Pokémon pick. That would be more controversial than Ryu.

Astral Chain might work, but is that really a fan service pick? That game just came out and I don’t think it’s as popular as some might think to be in that category. But I could be wrong.
I dont personally think so but really what has smash left out at this point? I'm starting to think it's blind spots in the spirit list because of just how exhausted 100% new content would be right now

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
No, Sakurai stated that Lloyd is the right choice for a MII COSTUME in Smash; and that was after Lloyd was a popular pick in the ballot. He never stated that Lloyd is the only character that could represent Tales as a fighter in Smash.
I know that he never said Lloyd will be the character pick in fact I on!y phrased it like I did just so it wouldn't come off as I was saying sakurai said he would be the Mii pick but either way Lloyd would be the pick. Iirc sakurai never pointed out that Lloyd was a Mii Outfit because of popularity did he even say anything about popularity and Lloyd. I'm fairly certain Lloyd would be the choice without popularity taken into consideration

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I dont personally think so but really what has smash left out at this point? I'm starting to think it's blind spots in the spirit list because of just how exhausted 100% new content would be right now
That’s why it’s hard for me to imagine that if Sakurai really wants to go fan service with future DLC and make this game even more of a love letter to Smash loyalists that we’d be getting first party stuff that hasn’t been in Smash before.

ALL of the major Nintendo series are represented one way or another in Smash with exception to like Astral Chain or something new. But then that contradicts what most consider to be “fan service” picks.

Off the top of my head if you ask me what some fan service first party picks would be I’d think of Isaac, Waluigi, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, Ashley, Krystal, Captain Toad, Dixie Kong, Andy, Porky, etc.

Idk, I guess maybe Nintendo might have a different agenda when it comes to first party fan service than they do when it comes to third party fan service.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I’m not gonna lie I kinda struggle to see what characters Fatman is talking about when they’re “completely new to Smash” but are also “the equivelant of drunk online shopping at 3am”

“Completely new to smash” characters seem to fall more in line with what we’ve received for the Fighter’s Pass already while if I was drunk online shopping, most if not all of the characters I would pick are Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes, or Spirits at the very least.

I guess that’s the problem of opinions.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I'd love season 3. The level of passion in these things is such that I will basically buy whatever they put out, until they give me a reason not to.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I’m not gonna lie I kinda struggle to see what characters Fatman is talking about when they’re “completely new to Smash” but are also “the equivelant of drunk online shopping at 3am”

“Completely new to smash” characters seem to fall more in line with what we’ve received for the Fighter’s Pass already while if I was drunk online shopping, most if not all of the characters I would pick are Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes, or Spirits at the very least.

I guess that’s the problem of opinions.
He is probably talking picks like Sora, Crash, or Master Chief. Those picks fall perfectly with both of his statements

Grumbo

Smash Ace
http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/484722552
Uh oh, the 4chan anons are hating on Fatmonice.

So, any proof that Fatmonice leaked smash stuff?
I mean he said there are some promotions being talked of and some new first that have no connection to smash, but he said theyre not promotional picks.
Also idk why some people hate him so much. He’s the only insider who interacts with us often and he’s never intentionally misled us.

link2702

Smash Champion
No, definitely not. lol

Heihachi would work very differently. No special move cancels, no supers, the only thing he'd have that's similar is facing the opponent in 1v1s at all times.

Also, if Sabi's source's whole reason for the leak being fake was that "these Mii costumes have nothing to do with Fighter 5", then that reason doesn't matter at all. This has been said before but we don't know when they develop these characters, stages and Mii costumes. The Nakoruru and Ryo costumes that came with Terry could've been finished way before work on Terry ever started, for example.

The modded Mallow hat that came out recently looks good, but just because modding Mii hats IS possible, doesn't mean the leaked ones are mods.
But eh, I'm 50/50 on it for now. Absolutely could still be a real leak, but could also be a mod. We'll see.
That post was made before someone had posted a video showing off someone successfully porting over a modded mii hate model from 4. The only information we knew when I posted that was that it was supposedly not possible yet to mod mii hats in ultimate in such detail.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We DID get Proto Man’s costume returning though, so at least one Capcom costume returned. That may be an exception, though, and not a norm.
It should be noted that a lot of Capcom Mii costumes haven't returned yet. Both Monster Hunter and MegaMan EXE haven't come back, making a decent argument that Nintendo's biding its time to bring back all the Smash 4 costumes but doing so "when the time is right."

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
No. From what I've gathered, Season 2 would be overwhelmingly about fan service with maybe like 2 possibly being tied to promotions.
If only 2 characters are going to get promotions from spirits to fighters then I think they are most likely Geno and Rayman/Shantae

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Weighing in on the Tales rep thing. As the owner of the Velvet thread, yeah no it's Lloyd. He's the one who's been requested since brawl. Regardless of Yuri's popularity or Velvet's uniqueness, anyone but Lloyd would be a huge middle finger to the smash fanbase. And why the hell would Lloyd be the only choice for a mii costume but not for a fighter? They could just as easily have made Yuri a mii fighter. There's literally no difference. Either way they're picking one character over the rest to represent Tales in smash. As much as I would prefer Velvet, Lloyd is far and away the most likely choice there.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/484722552
Uh oh, the 4chan anons are hating on Fatmonice.

So, any proof that Fatmonice leaked smash stuff?
Well, they'd be right in that I don't "leak stuff", I speculate on insider speculation and information and rumors that cross my path from interacting with them. Plus, it's 4chan... They think everyone is a f** or a cuck or a ******* or a n***** because emotional regulation is hardly a thing there.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Well, they'd be right in that I don't "leak stuff", I speculate on insider speculation and information and rumors that cross my path from interacting with them. Plus, it's 4chan... They think everyone is a f** or a cuck or a ******* or a n***** because emotional regulation is hardly a thing there.
Oh **** fatman said N’Wah

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Saw people sharing their wants for Ultimate , can't find the OG post to quote it...

First parties : Waluigi , Captain Toad , Fawful , Paper Mario , Dark Bowser (echo) , Koopa Kid (Bowser Jr. echo) / Dixie Kong / Midna , Ghirahim , Tetra , Agitha , Linkle , Tingle , Vaati (human form) / Kamek (Yoshi rep) / Bandana Waddle Dee , Daroach , Magolor , Marx / James Mc Cloud (Fox echo) , Slippy Toad , peppy Hare , Krystal / Lopunny , Gardevoir , Keldeo , Mimikyu , Meowth / Ninten , Porky , Duster , Kumatora / Black Shadow (Melee Ganondorf with some tweaking) / Anna , Lyn , Hector , Henry , Tiki , Camilla / (Retros) Takamaru , Ayumi Tachibana / Viridi , Hades / Ashley / Louie with Titan Dweevil , Brittany/Charlie (Olimar echo with rock pikmins and Pikmin 3 upgrades) / Tom Nook / Glass Joe , Doc Louis / Elma , Rex and Aegesis / Isaac , Saki Amamiya , Starfy , Spring Man , Yuri (fatal frame) , Barista or Chorus Kids , Dillon , Chibi-Robo.

Third parties : Dr. Eggman , Shadow , Tails , Knuckles , Metal Sonic , Silver , Blaze / Proto-Man , Zero / Miss Pac-Man (Pac-Man echo with a different bonus fruit roulette) / Bibi (FF9) or Black Mage / Jeanne , Father Balder , Loki / Alucard / Gruntilda , Conkers , Yooka-Laylee / Ai-Ai , Billy Hatcher , NiGHTS / Bomber-Man / Zack and Wiki , Frank West , Morrigan , Viewtiful Joe , Phoenix Wright / Klonoa , Prince Katamari / Geno , Mallow , Agnès / Wonder Red / Crash Bandicoot , Coco Bandicoot (echo) / Rayman , Rabbid Peach , Jade / Sans , Frisk , Papyrus / Zizou Olympia / Sash Lilac.

Seem silly to want so many characters but... I'm honestly not "expecting" anyone. My mindset is "Pick someone in my list , and I'll be very happy."
I have Banjo-Kazooie , and it already mean the world to me , so I have less expectations now.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
based

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom