• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I'm going to say its Dante or Lloyd I bet.

Don't exactly know why. But I have a hunch.
I’d prefer Lloyd, but if they’re announcing it at the VGA’s then Dante might get a bigger reaction. But then again they announced Joker there and it’s not like he’s a huge name.

D

Deleted member

If Fighter #5 is not Ryu Hayabusa, Doomguy, or Crash, I guess maybe it will be another Namco rep, Dante, Layton, or Sora.

Last edited by a moderator:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
1573285021591.png

This answered my question earlier. Don't know why you dreaded this PolarPanda PolarPanda , the Mii video doesn't come with a time-frame or a promise of anything but a Mallow hat and a Cacodemon hat. But I guess you deal with a lot of rabid people on Twitter and Discord

Anyway, everything is back on the table. Now I can sleep

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I mean let's be honest it's really unlikely that Geno was going to be Fighter Pass 5 anyway so it doesn't really change things for him. He has a great shot after the Fighter's Pass is done though which even with the leak we expected to be the case

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, Geno is ideal for the post-FP. No way he was FP5. I'd say this hurts Doomguy's chances a bit, but if they continue with third-parties in post-FP then not really.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
More of a hit towards Doomguy than Geno I guess. Doomguy was perfect as a cap off to the pass and a VGA reveal, and having him come right after a character that’s niche in the west like Terry is fitting. I’m gonna assume it’s Lloyd Irving and just skip the VGAs then.

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Trolling
I never had hopes up. It's clearly obvious B&K are going to be the only characters added in that Hackurai didn't want in but the fans do(B&K got nothing compared to Hat Ken, Joker, & Hero.) It's obvious the last character will be something lame no one wants because as he said, "it's more important that a character is fun to play, not just recognizable." Which is the dumbest bull**** I've ever heard come out of anyone's mouth. HE creates the moveset so why can't they be fun AND regonizable. There's a reason Sakurai's a hack and isn't a good director, he's never been good.

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
So even though they are heavily rumored, Fighter 5 isn't:
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Crash
-Geno
-Doomguy

One more, and we got another full Fighter Pass!

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Personal good news, I've got enough excess cash + gold coin point things to purchase the second fighter pass. This one was relatively good, they were all solid characters who were fun to play. Playing Hero online feels... like cheating, but in a casual setting they've all been great fun. Banjo was hype. Didn't know Terry existed. Joker was unexpected.

All in all, a wild roller coaster of "WOAH! BANJO HYPE!" to "Wait, THEY TURNED BACK TO THE SNES?! IS THIS GENO- oh, baited. It's a Neo-Geo. Terry? who?" but Terry is fun, so he coo'

This fighter pass gets a pass from me. Well worth the money, good on ya' Nintendo, and you, Sakurai. :kirbymelee:
(Well, if FP5 is supposedly not Geno OR Doomguy, my guess is Lloyd. Don't know much about his series, but apparently his voice actor is in a "special project" or something.)

Last edited:

djgwiz

Smash Apprentice
I never had hopes up. It's clearly obvious B&K are going to be the only characters added in that Hackurai didn't want in but the fans do(B&K got nothing compared to Hat Ken, Joker, & Hero.) It's obvious the last character will be something lame no one wants because as he said, "it's more important that a character is fun to play, not just recognizable." Which is the dumbest bull**** I've ever heard come out of anyone's mouth. HE creates the moveset so why can't they be fun AND regonizable. There's a reason Sakurai's a hack and isn't a good director, he's never been good.
Take this bs to /v/ we don’t want it here

Griselda

Smash Lord
I understand that the insiders have their jobs to think about which is probably why they're so wishy-washy and in-the-middle on these things, but.. they're already fine with risking their jobs by even making an attempt to leak things that shouldn't be out yet. Right?

I dunno what point I'm even trying to make, I'm probably just tired.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
So even though they are heavily rumored, Fighter 5 isn't:
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Crash
-Geno
-Doomguy

One more, and we got another full Fighter Pass!
I’m starting to wonder how many of these characters are in actual development. We might know the next 5 fighters for the next pass just trying to find out FP5 lol. If the KOS-MOS one comes true then we can throw Reimu in there and have the full potential second pass. I’m guessing some of the names might be leak bait though or just bad info though.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go with what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said not too long ago and think that the Fighter Pass is a celebration of gaming culture, while the post-FP DLC is like the fans celebrating Christmas with Sakurai. I knew as soon as Hero and Banjo were announced as DLC #2&3 that Geno wouldn't be neither 4 nor 5, so it was very relieving that they confirmed more fighters after the pass.

Me, personally, I think that Lloyd Irving is the most likely candidate to be #5. It wouldn't be too crazy to announce him at the VGA as Tales of Symphonia was the first game in the franchise that people in America and Europe noticed and really loved, the reason why (most) of the other games were brought from Japan. And this way, we have in the FP 5 big characters from 5 big franchises.

The post-FP has no rules though, so I think Sakurai is going to give us a lot of things that we've been asking for years, starting with Geno. I don't think that the post-FP is going to be only third-parties either, I think characters from Nintendo like Rex & Pyra could have big chances. Sadly, I'm getting the feeling that the characters after the Fighter Pass won't be getting a stage to make things simpler, which makes me really sad: part of why I wanted Geno in Smash is because I want a Super Mario RPG stage with Super Mario RPG music. We'll see what happens.

That said, I don't know about Doom Guy anymore. While Geno's chances weren't too tied to the leak (as someone said, Geno could still had been a Mii outfit even if the leak was true) and he's being thrown around by leakers as a real possibility, I think Doom Guy's chances were hinging to this leak. If the leak was true he would BE a character, I don't think they would add a Mii outfit from a company that's not collaborating with Smash Bros. right now if it wasn't to add a character too. That doesn't mean if the leak is fake that Doom Guy won't make it in Smash, I just think he has lower chances to actually make it.

Last edited:

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
It sucks really hard that FP5 isn't Doom Slayer :'(
I wished for it for the entire year, and we were so close to greatness.....
BUT NOW IT'S PROFESSOR LAYTON TIME LET'S GO LEVEL 5 REP IS COMING LET'S NOT JUST BELIEVE IT'LL BE A NAMCO OR CAPCOM REP YET

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Lloyd seems like the most "Smashy" character to include now. But I suspect that #5 will be some other major gaming icon like Dragonborn or Master Chief.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm gonna go with what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said not too long ago and think that the Fighter Pass is a celebration of gaming culture, while the post-FP DLC is like the fans celebrating Christmas with Sakurai. I knew as soon as Hero and Banjo were announced as DLC #2&3 that Geno wouldn't be neither 4 nor 5, so it was very relieving that they confirmed more fighters after the pass.

Me, personally, I think that Lloyd Irving is the most likely candidate to be #5. It wouldn't be too crazy to announce him at the VGA as Tales of Symphonia was the first game in the franchise that people in America and Europe noticed and really loved, the reason why (most) of the other games were brought from Japan. And this way, we have in the FP 5 big characters from 5 big franchises.

The post-FP has no rules though, so I think Sakurai is going to give us a lot of things that we've been asking for years, starting with Geno. I don't think that the post-FP is going to be only third-parties either, I think characters from Nintendo like Rex & Pyra could have big chances. Sadly, I'm getting the feeling that the characters after the Fighter Pass won't be getting a stage to make things simpler, which makes me really sad: part of why I wanted Geno in Smash is because I want a Super Mario RPG stage with Super Mario RPG music. We'll see what happens.

That said, I don't know about Doom Guy anymore. While Geno's chances weren't too tied to the leak (as someone said, Geno could still had been a Mii outfit even if the leak was true) and he's being thrown around by leakers as a real possibility, I think Doom Guy's chances were hinging to this leak. If the leak was true he would BE a character, I don't think they would add a Mii outfit from a company that's not collaborating with Smash Bros. right now if it wasn't to add a character too. That doesn't mean if the leak is fake that Doom Guy won't make it in Smash, I just think he has lower chances to actually make it.
If the goal is to celebrate Gaming Culture and Lloyd is fighter #5, then it has failed in that regard. There’s more to gaming than just JRPGs.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
This whole back-and-forth leak business is entirely too silly. I'm going to go play Animal Crossing on my Nintendo 3DS.

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
If the goal is to celebrate Gaming Culture and Lloyd is fighter #5, then it has failed in that regard. There’s more to gaming than just JRPGs.
I actually agree with that last bit, but it's no lie that Persona, Dragon Quest and Tales of are very important video game franchises even if they all are part from the same genre. Wouldn't say it's failed to celebrate Gaming Culture, but it's true that some genres would need more love.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to predict that a Souls rep is fighter 5 and revealed at TGAs, and Geno is fighter 6 revealed in February or March. Of course most of this is just me really hoping that we get some Dark Souls stuff in Smash, but Dark Souls 1 is doing really well in "Game of the Decade" lists and TGAs is the perfect audience for Souls stuff.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah if those other 4 can't be 5 then it's Heihachi or Lloyd. Bamco getting a rep makes too much sense so much to an extent that people are questioning why it hasn't happened yet and those 2 specifically have been rumoured for months or in the case of Heihachi probably about a year but I'm fairly certain the four who have been supposedly deconfirmed will eventually be DLC. If we get another fighter pass and we need one more character then I think it'll be a Level 5 rep who are sleeper picks like SNK were but would make a lot of sense

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
I really doubt fighter pass 5 is going to be lloyd or heihachi. There is alredy one fighting game character and 2 Rpg charactes in the pass and if a reveal in the Game awards is true, Lloyd really is no the type of character I think they will reveal there. I think a bandai namco rep is inevitable at the end, but not for the fighter pass.

Also another Capcom rep is unlikely. Remember that all the Characters from the pass come from different companies that didn't have a character in ultimate., at least in some extense.

Joker - Atlus (Sega)

Hero- Enix (Square Enix)

Banjo-Kazooie - Rare (Microsoft).

Terry - Snk.

So in conclussion. I really expect that FP 5 is going to be from a company with no characters in the game and from a genre not yet represented in the pass.

This leaves out Capcom-Bandai reps. Geno-Hayabusa-Doomguy-Crash, for what the leaks say. And most of the plataformer, fighting, and rpg characters.

Reimu could be a good rep that fits the criteria above. Also is an indie character and it will really be unexpected. The Knight of Hollow Knight would be another guess. Metroidvania genres are not very well represented in Smash and Nintendo has beenn promoting the new Silksong game a lot, even having it to be tested in the E3 and other events. However he is very new and I do not know if Sakurai will want recent characters in the fighter pass.

My most likeky bet is Reimu followed by the Knight in a reveal at the game awards.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Random question just to pass the time: how many characters can you name that you would like to see in Smash Ultimate, regardless of any chances they might have?
Geno (duh)
Sepiroth
Akira from Astral Chain
Byleth from Three Houses. Before some of you add "no more FE characters", I¨m with you (even though I doubt Sakurai would be unable to make Byleth unique)... But I would love to get the soundtrack from that game in Smash Brothers and I doubt they would do music DLC xD.

Outside of that, I¨m pretty neutral to whoever gets in. As long as they are not the likes of Goku I will at worst "shrugg and say neat I guess"

Remember that all the Characters from the pass come from different companies that didn't have a character in ultimate., at least in some extense.
A) Atlus is owned by Sega so Joker is technically another Sega rep
B) Like Panda said above, we have Cloud in the base game and he is from Square.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I really doubt fighter pass 5 is going to be lloyd or heihachi. There is alredy one fighting game character and 2 Rpg charactes in the pass and if a reveal in the Game awards is true, Lloyd really is no the type of character I think they will reveal there. I think a bandai namco rep is inevitable at the end, but not for the fighter pass.

Also another Capcom rep is unlikely. Remember that all the Characters from the pass come from different companies that didn't have a character in ultimate., at least in some extense.

Joker - Atlus (Sega)

Hero- Enix (Square Enix)

Banjo-Kazooie - Rare (Microsoft).

Terry - Snk.

So in conclussion. I really expect that FP 5 is going to be from a company with no characters in the game and from a genre not yet represented in the pass.

This leaves out Capcom-Bandai reps. Geno-Hayabusa-Doomguy-Crash, for what the leaks say. And most of the plataformer, fighting, and rpg characters.

Reimu could be a good rep that fits the criteria above. Also is an indie character and it will really be unexpected. The Knight of Hollow Knight would be another guess. Metroidvania genres are not very well represented in Smash abd Nintendo has beenn promoting the new Silksong game a lot, even having to be tested in the E3 and other events. However he is very new and I do not know if Sakurai will want recent characters in the fighter pass.

My most likeky bet is Reimu followed by the Knight in a reveal at the game awards.
I dunno about Reimu. That leak I wouldn't take too seriously and apart from that from what I can gather is all she had going in favour of her. No offence to anyone who thinks Reimu has a legit shot but when it comes to the Reimu smash fanbase I can't help but wonder whether people are sometimes just saying she's in out of heavy bias. For instance this link sends you to an image of a Reimu for smash Twitter account and underneath the title in brackets it says She's in. This may not be the case but I don't think I am the only one who's noticed https://images.app.goo.gl/kM74tTveXdz2g3Py7

Last edited:

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
Geno (duh)
Sepiroth
Akira from Astral Chain
Byleth from Three Houses. Before some of you add "no more FE characters", I¨m with you (even though I doubt Sakurai would be unable to make Byleth unique)... But I would love to get the soundtrack from that game in Smash Brothers and I doubt they would do music DLC xD.

Outside of that, I¨m pretty neutral to whoever gets in. As long as they are not the likes of Goku I will at worst "shrugg and say neat I guess"

A) Atlus is owned by Sega so Joker is technically another Sega rep
B) Like Panda said above, we have Cloud in the base game and he is from Square.
That is why I said in some extense. They are now form the same company, but at one ponit where from different companies.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Cloud is from the Square part of Square-Enix and Hero form the Enix part. So technically is was form new company.
Yeah atlus and enix are still Sega and Square Enix. Enix wasn't listed on Smash Ultimates copyright until Hero got announced they have been listed on it since Cloud got in so your theory falls apart there

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I dunno about Reimu. That leak I wouldn't take too seriously and apart from that from what I can gather is all she had going in favour of her. No offence to anyone who thinks Reimu has a legit shot but when it comes to the Reimu smash fanbase I can't help but wonder whether people are sometimes just saying she's in out of heavy bias. For instance this link sends you to an image of a Reimu for smash Twitter account and underneath the title in brackets it says She's in. This may not be the case but I don't think I am the only one who's noticed
I think she could be a DLC down the line, just not the next one. It makes no sense to announce her at VGA which is mostly a western focused event like the Oscars with her games being even more niche here in the west then Dragons Quest was/is (I don¨t know the sales of the Switch port). Granted they could do a double like E3 but I highly doubt that.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Meh. I'm sticking by the Everybody Is Here theory. Most of the fan favorites along with some other classic characters will make it. If we don't see Geno on the roster by this time next year, then worry.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I think she could be a DLC down the line, just not the next one. It makes no sense to announce her at VGA which is mostly a western focused event like the Oscars and her games are even more niche here in the west then Dragons Quest was/is (I don¨t know the sales of the Switch port). Granted they could do a double like E3 but I highly doubt that.
I completely agree. Lloyd or Heihachi although are not too hype it's safe to establish that a lot more people would be aware of them than Reimu

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
Yeah atlus and enix are still Sega and Square Enix. Enix wasn't listed on Smash Ultimates copyright until Hero got announced they have been listed on it since Cloud got in so your theory falls apart there
It was listed but they had no character in the game developed by them. And they could not have listed Enix, because it was fused in Square Enix.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
It was listed but they had no character in the game developed by them. And they could not have listed Enix, because it was fused in Square Enix.
But still this theory of yours is reaching out pretty far. Here is the Smash 4 copyright which hasn't been updated with companies like Microsoft or SNK because why would they need to in case you point that out. © 2014 Nintendo

Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS /
SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Games Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.

That was in Smash 4 and was not updated with Hero as he was not Smash 4 DLC so that proves they are considered the same company no matter what happened 20 years ago so your theory is really stretching

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So Fighter 5 isn’t Hayabusa, Crash, Doomguy, or Geno, the pass is a celebration of games, and it’s likely coming at the game awards...

... guys I think it’s Master Chief

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
1700 pages, wow I didn't expect to get here this quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom