• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbo

Smash Ace

Welp, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone's modded in a Mallow Mii hat with jiggle physics. So it is possible. Damn. :(

I suppose the leak isn't technically 100% dead, but I've been nudged over to "most likely fake" (though at least partially to save myself from getting Grinch'd again).

Not that Geno's chances are affected, but those Miis looked so clean..
Thats interesting but its not perfect. I just wanna see a little more to prove its fake. Right now im still leaning team real. I wanna see someone acess the dev mode for this

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It is pretty amazing for something people haven't been able to do before and said is extremely hard to do is suddenly possible just in time for leaks to be proven fake.
Isn't it? Its like they finally decided "OK, I GUESS I'll try to figure out how to mod this" Still, I think Geno and Doom Slayer still have a good chance, regardless of this.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Welp, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone's modded in a Mallow Mii hat with jiggle physics. So it is possible. Damn. :(

I suppose the leak isn't technically 100% dead, but I've been nudged over to "most likely fake" (though partially to save myself from getting Grinch'd again).

Huh, I guess it isn't as impossible as I thought it was. I still think the CacoMallow thing could be real given how detailed it is, but this has certainly brought that down to a good 60/40 for me. I like the modded hat, though. Looks nice. :charizard:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
You'd be surprised by the amount of effort people would go through just to fool people. The Grinch Leak already proved as much but this could potentially be on a greater scale to an extent

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
There’s still some stuff going for the leak though. The timer, the angle, dev mode, and the file size. The high quality of the models as well, but that could be replicated given time and if they found a work around the file size. Im still like 60-40 on it. Unless someone can completely replicate it or the insiders can disprove it without doubt, I wont disregard it. I’ll admit I was a strong believer in the Grinch and I was wrong. If I’m wrong about this I’ll accept it and move on

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this was posted before, but just to mention, there is a guy who got a Mallow hat mod working (Not the same one but it's proof it can be done):
https://twitter.com/Miguel92398/status/1192759477025460224

He took the Mallow hat from a Brawl mod.
https://twitter.com/Miguel92398/status/1192957544576081921

Here's gameplay: https://twitter.com/Miguel92398/status/1193008224254824448

He's not saying it's necessarily fake just that a mode like that CAN exist. https://twitter.com/Miguel92398/status/1193015753349332992

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hey Look he modded the feather back on Game & Watch's Fire Attack animation.
Yeah, I saw that on GameBanana a while ago. Kind of sucks that they had to censor it to begin with. Like, what's so offensive about a feather?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm not gonna say this was fake QUITE yet. Isn't there still the issue that you'd have to have access to the dev kit to get the angle in the leak?

It seems mods like this can exist but I don't think that affects the chances of this leak being real very much, if at all. And that's ignoring that Geno and DOOM Slayer have pretty decent chances as is.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna say this was fake QUITE yet. Isn't there still the issue that you'd have to have access to the dev kit to get the angle in the leak?

It seems mods like this can exist but I don't think that affects the chances of this leak being real very much, if at all. And that's ignoring that Geno and DOOM Slayer have pretty decent chances as is.
Apparently some of the first mods created in Ultimate allows you to mess with the camera, so they could've just used that. Just something I heard though, I cannot confirm it being real.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Random question just to pass the time: how many characters can you name that you would like to see in Smash Ultimate, regardless of any chances they might have?

Let's see...Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer, Amaterasu, Crash Bandicoot, Isaac, Rayman, Waluigi, Tails, Mega Man X, Juno, Strider Hiryu, Marina Liteyears, Bomberman, Lloyd Irving, Proto Man, Shadow The Hedgehog, Bass, Spyro The Dragon, Mach Rider, Dr. Robotnik, Skull Kid...I think that's as much as I can come up with. Obviously Geno is my #1 pick with Doomguy closely following behind - I need that dream team between them to happen like ASAP.
I was meaning to respond to this but things got hectic. I’ll put it in a rough order

Top Priority (Smash would feel incomplete to me without them):
Geno, Lloyd Irving, Isaac, Crash Bandicoot, Doom Slayer and or Master Chief

High Priority:
Rayman, Crono, Heavy, Quote, Skull Kid, Bomberman, Waluigi, Black Shadow, Dixie Kong, Shovel Knight

Mid Priority:
Spyro, Black Mage, Terra/Celes, Kefka, Jill/Leon, Phoenix Wright, Chibi Robo, Chorus Kids, Lyndis

Low Priority:
Dante, Amaterasu, Agumon, Prince of all Cosmos, Knuckles, Zero, Erika or Ephraim, Ryu Hayabusa, Maxwell, Tifa, Mumbo Jumbo (young me wanted him real bad for some reason)

There’s a ton more I’m cool with or ones I’d put but just cant think of atm. There’s only a few I never wanna see

Absolute Negative Priority:
Jonesy/Fortnite, Tracer/Blizzard (Unless they change), any mobile game exclusives.

Edit: Add Scorpion/Sub Zero to mid. I knew id think of some more.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I was meaning to respond to this but things got hectic. I’ll put it in a rough order

Top Priority (Smash would feel incomplete to me without them):
Geno, Lloyd Irving, Isaac, Crash Bandicoot, Doom Slayer and or Master Chief

High Priority:
Rayman, Crono, Heavy, Quote, Skull Kid, Bomberman, Waluigi, Black Shadow, Dixie Kong, Shovel Knight

Mid Priority:
Spyro, Black Mage, Terra/Celes, Kefka, Jill/Leon, Phoenix Wright, Chibi Robo, Chorus Kids, Lyndis

Low Priority:
Dante, Amaterasu, Agumon, Prince of all Cosmos, Knuckles, Zero, Erika or Ephraim, Ryu Hayabusa, Maxwell, Tifa, Mumbo Jumbo (young me wanted him real bad for some reason)

There’s a ton more I’m cool with or ones I’d put but just cant think of atm. There’s only a few I never wanna see

Absolute Negative Priority:
Jonesy/Fortnite, Tracer/Blizzard (Unless they change), any mobile game exclusives.

Edit: Add Scorpion/Sub Zero to mid. I knew id think of some more.
i wish Tifa wasn't in the low priority it's understanding why but the fact does upset me, same would go with Mumbo if Banjo & Kazooie was still with nintendo after the N64 era.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Oh characters i want in Smash eh? Here ya go
Shadow, Geno, Dee, Shy Guy, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, Phoenix Wright, Tails, Waluigi, Black Mage, Zero, Ryu Hayubusa, Specter Knight, Rick, Kine, and Coo, Isaac, Knuckles, Blaze, Quote, Black Knight, Mach Rider, Crash, Undyne, Sans, Papyrus, Blaze, Dr. Eggman, Monokuma, Freddy Fazbear, Lloyd Irving, Sandbag, Master Chief, Frog, Crono, Bomberman, Skull Kid, Lyn, Black Shadow, Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Doom Slayer, Gordon Freeman, Ryo Hazuki

Last edited:

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of sources calling it real or fake, the point was it COULD be modded in. Just the person would need to also model them from scratch and add the little touches like the timer and the camera angle.

It ultimately comes down to "Could someone do that all on their own with that much attention to detail, and not make any mistakes? It involves both the technical modding aspect and the artistic modeling aspect." It might be *unlikely* someone did all that just for a fake leak, but maybe they did. Or it could be real.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
well the fact that a modder did get a decent enough one up and working does make it seem possible.

With seeing that I sadly feel I have to lean closer to the fake side now, but at least It's been shown to us before FP5 releases and we're all left disappointed if it was neither doomguy or geno.

Geno's chances are still good imo, but that does make me question Doomguys now. Sorry doom fans....

Least this bubble was popped before we all got too far into grinch leak or blurry geno smash4 mod leak levels again.....

D

Deleted member

I suppose the leak isn't technically 100% dead, but I've been nudged over to "most likely fake" (though partially to save myself from getting Grinch'd again).

alright, this one's put to bed. Props to this rando for being more useful than the esteemed insiders. GG to anonymous /v/ troll for getting Doom Guy mixed up in run of the mill stunting om Geno fans.

I am so sick of being the butt of every joke.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Oooh I like questions like this ? Who would I like to see in smash ?

Geno is first without question. Everything else is just icing on the cake. Though Doomslayer is very high want for me, he's climbed his way up and i think he's perfect for Smash.

As opposed to Lloyd I'd like Yuri Lowell, especially if they made him tag team with Repede. Lloyd is cool though, just a bigger Yuri fan.

Skull Kid is my favorite first party character.

Other characters would be Porky, Issac Melfice (Grandia 2) Shantae, Marx, Marshadow, Mallow, Bomber Man, Marina Lightyears, Metal Sonic, Crono, Sephiroth, Zidande

Glover is my lulz pick

EDIT: Didnt see the latest page till now. It frustrates me that someone would go so far for a troll on geno and doombros.

I legit can't fathom hating someone else's desire that much.

People suck sometimes, but I'm not losing faith. I'm still confident on Geno beyond this and Doom as well. They both have things going for them beyond this. More so Geno now

Stay strong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

YContent removed by author

Last edited by a moderator:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman

That does look nice, but the portrait on the bottom left looks very low quality compared to the current mallow leak. Props to the modder, though!

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
So I tried Terry out a few times and...I totally suck with him lol. Not surprising since I'm not very good at Smash and terrible at fighting games in general and characters in Smash like Terry, but I still appreciate all the hard work the team put into making Terry and I think he's a really cool addition. I'm glad some others are enjoying him.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
In reference to characters I’d like to see added to Smash my list would look like this.

First Party:
Isaac, Andy, Dixie Kong, Waluigi, Skull Kid, Krystal, Ashley, Porky, Bandana Waddle Dee, Rex, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Medusa, Wart, Black Shadow

Third Party:
Geno, Bomberman, Rayman, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Alucard, Zero, Shadow, Doomguy, Crash, Sora

D

Deleted member

So I tried Terry out a few times and...I totally suck with him lol. Not surprising since I'm not very good at Smash and terrible at fighting games in general and characters in Smash like Terry, but I still appreciate all the hard work the team put into making Terry and I think he's a really cool addition. I'm glad some others are enjoying him.
Same, I kinda suck at him too, lol. Still, Sakurai nerding out about SNK and Terry was just so entertaining to watch. It's really something else when someone's genuinely excited to share what they are passionate about.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
The thing that kinda bugged me about the Mallow hat leak is it seemed like they were trying too hard to reference the only real image leak we ever got.

Still, real or fake they were super spot on with Mallow. Props to the artist for that.

D

Deleted member

Have to say a lot of you are taking all this pretty well. I'm impressed.
Well Geno's chances were never ride or die on this leak and even if this leak was real he could've been a Mii Costume still so I think we could all move on from this without worrying too much. I'm glad people are taking this well though.

D

Deleted member

The fact that the Geno Mii costume has yet to return proves that they have something planned for Geno. Why not bring it back with Hero's? Whoever FP5 is, is probably getting their own pack, a la Joker/Hero/Terry. I think it's fair to say Banjo was the exception, for whatever reason. Maybe Microsoft thought Banjo's representation was good enough and they didn't need Mii costumes?

Banjo may have gotten some extra help from Phil, but he still got in because of fan demand. If they knew about Banjo's demand, they almost definitely know about Geno's popularity as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Good news folks, apparently the Mii leak is back on the table, just for sure both not related to Fighter 5

Griselda

Smash Lord
So.. why exactly did everyone initially say that this was some nigh-impossible feat of modding ability, in the first place, if it was something that could be replicated in a few days?

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
something from sabi before i go to bed. good night btw : D

View attachment 245896
Wait, that's why they said "99% fake"? That... seems a bit hasty, not gonna lie. I'm not even that invested in this leak being real, I'm just suddenly getting the feeling this leak isn't as done with as people are thinking...

now watch the guy who faked the leak show up tomorrow and admit everything

D

Deleted member

The fact that the Geno Mii costume has yet to return proves that they have something planned for Geno. Why not bring it back with Hero's? Whoever FP5 is, is probably getting their own pack, a la Joker/Hero/Terry. I think it's fair to say Banjo was the exception, for whatever reason. Maybe Microsoft thought Banjo's representation was good enough and they didn't need Mii costumes?

Banjo may have gotten some extra help from Phil, but he still got in because of fan demand. If they knew about Banjo's demand, they almost definitely know about Geno's popularity as well.
It’s very possible Geno was originally going to be a costume again with Hero but due to strong sales for Ultimate, they decided to make more fighters perhaps finally making plans for him due to fan demand after putting Dragon Quest in Smash. The costume could come back with Fighter #5 or 6 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom