• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
So much of this applied just as much, if not more, to Grinch, and here we are.
But in the case of the Grinch, the thing ran off of a blurry pictures, a couple connecting dots, and a TON of coincidences. What we have now is video, not just a blurry pic. Thats gonna be a whole lot harder to put in the ground, and im not just gonna disregard it just cause some leakers said to. No one has a prefect track record. If Nintendo leaked SNK i doubt anyone would have said Terry

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Random question just to pass the time: how many characters can you name that you would like to see in Smash Ultimate, regardless of any chances they might have?

Let's see...Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer, Amaterasu, Crash Bandicoot, Isaac, Rayman, Waluigi, Tails, Mega Man X, Juno, Strider Hiryu, Marina Liteyears, Bomberman, Lloyd Irving, Proto Man, Shadow The Hedgehog, Bass, Spyro The Dragon, Mach Rider, Dr. Robotnik, Skull Kid...I think that's as much as I can come up with. Obviously Geno is my #1 pick with Doomguy closely following behind - I need that dream team between them to happen like ASAP.
Oh boy there is a lot
But most importantly for me is Geno:-
I want Isaac, Alex Kidd, Ninten, Skull kid, Black shadow, Blood Falcon, Sukapon, Harry (Teleroboxer), Porky, Hakkun, Nester, Mach Rider, Boshi, Booster, Donkey Kong jr., Shadow Mewtwo, Robo Mario & F.L.U.D.D. As duo, Stork & Poochy as duo, Captain Syrup, Captain Rainbow, Ray MK III, Heihachi, Penguin (Club penguin), CATS (zero wing), Daroach, Tetrimino, Sir Arthur, Rash (battletoads), Crash bandicoot, Spyro, Earthworm Jim, Shadow the hedgehog, Grovyle (PMD2), Bomberman, Frogger, Orbulon (Warioware), Funky Kong, Jack Frost, Doomguy, Steve, Master Higgins, Deoxys, Dry Bowser, Black Knight, Rayman, Taizo Hori and Waluigi

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
But in the case of the Grinch, the thing ran off of a blurry pictures, a couple connecting dots, and a TON of coincidences. What we have now is video, not just a blurry pic. Thats gonna be a whole lot harder to put in the ground, and im not just gonna disregard it just cause some leakers said to. No one has a prefect track record. If Nintendo leaked SNK i doubt anyone would have said Terry
... but Nintendo did leak SNK, via the copyright. And while he wasn't the only character thrown around in discussion, it was still generally agreed that Terry was the most likely candidate for an SNK character.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So much of this applied just as much, if not more, to Grinch, and here we are.
A reminder that this image is from a fake leak

No matter how unlikely, no leak is truly impossible to fake. I’m starting to fear that this is gonna just go the way of the Grinch, there’s just some incredibly dedicated person out there who put this together and we’ll just be left wondering who and how and why

edit: the image is supposed to be from the fake palutena leak from Smash 4 but it doesn’t show up when I post for some reason

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Random question just to pass the time: how many characters can you name that you would like to see in Smash Ultimate, regardless of any chances they might have?

Let's see...Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer, Amaterasu, Crash Bandicoot, Isaac, Rayman, Waluigi, Tails, Mega Man X, Juno, Strider Hiryu, Marina Liteyears, Bomberman, Lloyd Irving, Proto Man, Shadow The Hedgehog, Bass, Spyro The Dragon, Mach Rider, Dr. Robotnik, Skull Kid...I think that's as much as I can come up with. Obviously Geno is my #1 pick with Doomguy closely following behind - I need that dream team between them to happen like ASAP.
Ok deep deep breath-
3rd Parties:
-Doom -Dante -Jill/Leon -Sephiroth
-Phoenix Wright -Professor Layton -Steve
-Master Chief -Geno -Mallow -Lara Croft
-Sora -2B -Chrono -Lloyd -Gex -Heihachi
-Rayman -Travis Touchdown -Crash -Spyro
-Ryu Hayabusa -Bill Rizer -Shadow -Eggman
-Scorpian/Sub Zero -Bomberman
-Shovel Knight -Shantae -Hollow Knight
-Reimu -Frogger -Kratos -Ratchet & Clank
-Nathan Drake -Sly Cooper -Jax & Daxter

1st Parties:
-Isaac -Waluigi -Skull Kid -Rex -Bandana Dee
-Dixie Kong -Andy -Paper Mario -Chibi Robo
-Chorus Kids -Mach Rider -Krystal -Ashley
-BOTW Champions -Fawful -Ballon Fighter
-Excitebike -Captain Toad -Sandbag

Oh and make the Switch a playable character or something for the lols

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
So is everything just pointing to neutral on this leak? Like an absolute split down the middle? It's gone on for quite a while now, and seeing it this evenly split still is quite intriguing.

(I know Grinch leak went on for a while, but how did any of us get fooled by that? Including myself?! The images were faaaar too blurry to be considered anywhere near as real looking as this mii costume leak)

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So Doomguy probably not getting in Smash Bros? Should've know seeing how Sakurai really only cares about promoting Japanese games around the world, not western games. What were we thinking?
IMG_20191108_212841.jpg

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Comparing this to the Grinch is a very one-sided comparison

I will admit to being on "Team Real" when it came to the Grinch even though looking back on it, there wasn't much to stand on. The Grinch was a blurry picture that combined with a perfect storm of small coincidences lining up all at once: There just happened to be a tear in the site banner where Issac would have been, the unannounced item in the Wendy's video happened to look identical to a Golden Sun item, things like that

This is a legible screenshot AND a full video, more in line with the ESRB leak back from Smash 4

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Here is the way I see things shaping up assuming the reveal is at the Game Awards and not in a surprise Direct between now and then

Frontrunners: Doomslayer and Geno; While Hat Leak is looking like a bust, it's not been hard deconfirmed yet. And even if it does turn out to be bogus I don't see Doomslayer or Geno's chances lowering.

Possibilities: Sora, an RE rep, or Lloyd. Resident Evil 3 Remake is rumored to have a presence at the Game Awards and Kingdom Hearts ReMIND could have a big push there as it comes out that month. Lloyd is a big request from a long running series and he could theoretically end the pass on a note big enough to show off at the GA's

Unlikely: Crash, Hayabusa, and Heihachi Thanks to Sabi, we know for sure it isn't Crash or Hayabusa. I reason Heihachi is unlikely simply due to the fact that Terry just launched, and to end on another fighting game character is a bit redundant. While we DID double up on JRPG's one after another with Joker and Hero, the two characters function so radically different; while Heihachi would have the same groundwork as Terry, Ryu, and Ken. I think Heihachi might be in the lineup, but not as the ending to Season 1 of DLC, not right after Terry
Hayabusa seems like such a perfect way to round out the pass and it drives me crazy that he’s basically 100% deconfirmed by people in the know. He’s from a genre unrepresented in the pass, he’s from a classic franchise, and his company is super buddy buddy with Nintendo these days

actually when I put it that way I guess Doomguy is in the same boat

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
As someone who frequently lurks here, please allow me to give you all an opinion that noone asked for.

1573271391059.png

Papa put it quite well in his statement that Sabi has reasons to believe that the leak is 99% fake (which can mean the leak might be real still anyway) and that it can't be shared as of right now because of a lack of clarity. Getting upset isn't going to change that so let's just move on from the interrogation. I'm sure Sabi will share more info when they have more info. So let's put down the torches and pitchforks for now and relax. Regardless of CacoMallow leak being fake or real, Geno's chances are the same regardless and I strongly believe we'll all be celebrating when it's all said and done (or just wallowing in another smash cycle of depression but hey, I guess I got used to it somewhere along the way...)

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Comparing this to the Grinch is a very one-sided comparison

I will admit to being on "Team Real" when it came to the Grinch even though looking back on it, there wasn't much to stand on. The Grinch was a blurry picture that combined with a perfect storm of small coincidences lining up all at once: There just happened to be a tear in the site banner where Issac would have been, the unannounced item in the Wendy's video happened to look identical to a Golden Sun item, things like that

This is a legible screenshot AND a full video, more in line with the ESRB leak back from Smash 4
However the video can be explained with a simple explanation. Modding. Granted it’d be very difficult to do, but can be done.

I think people forget how much stuff the Grinch Leak had going for it.

1. It was supposedly leaked by photos from some French company that we all found out was actually connected to Bandai Namco and at the same time was working on promotional material for the Grinch movie that was seen in said photos.

2. Almost all of the insiders weren’t dismissing it, they were just confused because of no Incineroar. Some were even saying they had heard mentioned of the characters in it so they were unsure.

3. The detail that went into creating that massive collage with all the characters and it lining up perfectly with the cut next to Isaac.

4. Papagenos himself getting fooled because of his source knowing about Banjo.

5. The sprout item that showed up in the Wendy’s add that looked like it could be from Golden Sun.

This was just as detailed and like you said even coincidentally lined up with stuff that made it seem almost impossible to be fake.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Yeah, 1 out of the 81 fighters that are in Smash Bros is from a western series. That definitely proves Sakurai cares about western series. It only took them 20 years.
ahem.. diddy kong and king k rool. Hell even if banjo was the only one, it only takes one outlier to blow apart the argument that sakurai ONLY cares about japanese series'

not to mention the inclusion of indie characters such as shovel knight and freaking sans!

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If we get promotions it really should be Geno, Isaac, and Waluigi to finish off the big fan demand characters. Although really it sucks in general they don't regard more first party additions for Smash. The 3rd parties are cool for sure but dang some balance would be nice
We're still 67 first party characters to 14 third party characters, we've still got a lot more third parties to go until we're "balanced." Not to mention one of those characters was literally just a first party character owned by another company in Banjo & Kazooie.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
... but Nintendo did leak SNK, via the copyright. And while he wasn't the only character thrown around in discussion, it was still generally agreed that Terry was the most likely candidate for an SNK character.
That was a typo on my part, I meant didnt. My bad, I just detest spell check tbh
As someone who frequently lurks here, please allow me to give you all an opinion that noone asked for.

View attachment 245880

Papa put it quite well in his statement that Sabi has reasons to believe that the leak is 99% fake (which can mean the leak might be real still anyway) and that it can't be shared as of right now because of a lack of clarity. Getting upset isn't going to change that so let's just move on from the interrogation. I'm sure Sabi will share more info when they have more info. So let's put down the torches and pitchforks for now and relax. Regardless of CacoMallow leak being fake or real, Geno's chances are the same regardless and I strongly believe we'll all be celebrating when it's all said and done (or just wallowing in another smash cycle of depression but hey, I guess I got used to it somewhere along the way...)
I just wish Sabi would outright say that they need time to sort things out and not jump to 99% fake. Also they really dont need to make a passive-agressive comment about people doubting. If anything that just makes me doubt you more. Im sorry Im getting riled up but I really do not like it when people act high and mighty.

I think we should put the topic on the shelf for a bit and let more things come to light.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
ahem.. diddy kong and king k rool. Hell even if banjo was the only one, it only takes one outlier to blow apart the argument that sakurai ONLY cares about japanese series'

not to mention the inclusion of indie characters such as shovel knight and freaking sans!
Yeah, we got one western series in Smash Bros, that doesn't mean that we're going to get all these western characters in Smash Bros now. We also know that Nintendo was the one who gave a list to Sakurai on what characters they could go after for DLC, so Sakurai kind of had to be nudge in a direction to include a western character that is Banjo. Sakurai has more of an affiliation to promote Japanese games the other game around the world (which is why Rayman kept being a Trophy and a Spirit)

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Have I said anything confusing about this yet? I’ll clarify if so
I do have I guess a series of questions that I don't think are entirely unreasonable

From what I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, the person who has said they don't believe this is real knows who #5 is. We'll just take this as complete objective fact for the sake of argument--I'm willing to accept that.

Let's move away from #5 and go on to the Mii costumes. He doesn't think they're real. Is this because they aren't what he's heard is coming with #5, or is there more to it? If he is aware that these are fake by merit of them not appearing ever? Because if this was the case, it would imply (to me, anyway), that in order to know what Mii costumes are coming in the future beyond #5, you would also have to know who's going to be playable after #5, right?

Does knowing #5, in your opinion, mean he would also know that some Mii costumes slated for release in like, May and July 2020 respectively (random dates) are or are not true? We've been told time and time again it takes about a year to make a character, and it stands within that Mii costumes, being incredibly simplistic in comparison to a character, could be pumped out and held on the backburner for a long time before their respective characters were released--which is exactly the case with the Virtua Fighter costumes we just got with Terry, they're just ports from Smash 4.

Your source is absolutely legit and I'm not about to question their credibility when it comes to #5, I'm just a little apprehensive about assuming they also know stuff that might not be slated for release until 6+ months from now.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace

None of these are in order at all.

First/Second Party:
From Marioverse: Kamek, Waluigi, King Boo (obviously with Luigi's Mansion look), E Gadd, Koopa Troopa duo fighter (with Dry Bones alt), Fawful, Antasma, (Captain) Toad/Toadette

Other first/second parties: Midna/Wolf Link, Dixie Kong, Shadow Beast from Twilight Princess, Tingle, Space Pirate from Metroid, Sylux, Sirfetch'd, Isaac or Felix, Andy from Advanced Wars, Skull Kid, Magolor, Porky Minch, Marx, Shy Guy

Third Party: Leon Kennedy/Jill Valentine/Chris Redfield, Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright, Geno, Mallow, Master Chief, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Yoshimitsu, Frisk (from Undertale), Shovel Knight, The Dishwasher from The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai, Isaac Clarke from Dead Space, Dr Eggman, Knuckles, Shadow, Black Mage from Final Fantasy, Sephiroth, Rayman, Earthworm Jim, Vault Boy, Hatty Hattington from Battleblock theater (with a moveset all about friendship and brainwashed betrayal lol), Sir Arthur, Tetromino, Hat Kid, Kloana, The Knight from Hollow Knight, Chell from Portal, Zero, Spectre Knight, Plague Knight

I'm sure I could think of more, but these are the major ones. I thought there'd be more, but I realized that there were quite a few I literally wanted for no other reason than to please others so I didn't put them on.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
We're still 67 first party characters to 14 third party characters, we've still got a lot more third parties to go until we're "balanced." Not to mention one of those characters was literally just a first party character owned by another company in Banjo & Kazooie.
I’d like a few more third parties (Geno obviously), but I’d be perfectly fine if the majority of the DLC from here on out is mainly first party.

It’s not like we need to have as many third party characters as first. This is a Nintendo series with Nintendo All-Stars FEATURING some guest characters from other companies.

I get that the Fighter Pass is clearly dedicated to advertise the game with characters from other companies (and attract people who don’t play Smash), but it’d be nice to get some more Nintendo love since it’s mainly Nintendo fans that have been Smash fans this entire time and supporting the series.

Plank08

Smash Lord
*Angry grumbling is heard from a distance, getting closer.*
*Door opens abruptly and is quickly shut.*
*Pulls chair over.*

*Sits down.*

Alright, here's the deal. At this moment, I feel like it's more a matter of waiting for the content that has been teasing us; in some instances right on our very faces. True that there have been leaks here, there, everywhere, to the point that this looks like a sink without a faucet, and the water is bursting out like a fountain. Putting leaks aside however, there have been a number of official, and semi-official (actually, unofficial mentions by known figures) that have helped strengthen the credibility of some of the aforementioned leaks. These official/unofficial announcements, mentions, have in most instances been considered as inconsequential, when in my humble opinion, I believe are the cookie crumbs that lead to the truth. As time has passed, these suspicions have gained more substance, and have helped in reassuring my thoughts in regards of the DLC fighters.

I'll begin with Geno.

Date: May 13, 2018
Description: Nintendo of America official Twitter account tweets about Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and asks fans if they are Team Mallow, or Team Geno. The tweet of course was a reminder of the game's release back in 1996 on that very same day.
Objective Inference: Nintendo has not forgotten about Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and wanted to know from fans which of the two original characters from said game they preferred the most (either Mallow, or Geno).

Date: June 23, 2018
Description: NintendoSoup publishes an article about an interview of Sakurai made by the Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream from back in April 2016. In said interview Sakurai expresses that he wanted to include Geno in Smash since Brawl, but at the time said wish did not materialize. However, he was able to make a Mii Costume of him for Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U.
Objective Inference: It pretty much explains itself. Sakurai wanted Geno in Smash. One could say that, he might still want him in Smash presently.

Date: July 30, 2019
Description: Nintendo uploads the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Mr. Sakurai Presents "Hero" video to their official YouTube channel. Within said presentation, the Mii Costume showcase only showed costumes based on characters from the Dragon Quest series only, despite Hero being the Square Enix rep. Neither Geno's Mii Costume, nor the Chocobo Hat were among the costumes shown.
Objective Inference: Nintendo and Square Enix's negotiations wished for the Dragon Quest series to be faithfully represented in SSBU. However, it is curious that the Mii Costumes released alongside hero were only those based on Dragon Quest, and no other Square Enix IP (such as the Geno Mii Costume, and the Chocobo Hat). Did they forget about those two costumes? Were the negotiations exclusively for Dragon Quest content this time around and nothing else? Did Nintendo and Square Enix agreed to something else for SSBU, which may concern the two missing Mii Costumes?

Date: September 4, 2019
Description: Nintendo uploads their latest Nintendo Direct to their official YouTube channel. In it, they announce the release of the SNES Library of games to the Nintendo Switch Online service. With 20 SNES games at launch, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is not included despite being one of the SNES's most memorable games.
Objective Inference: How is it that Super Mario RPG was not among the 20 games released with the SNES NSO Library? Does Nintendo not know that said game is one of their greatest masterpieces from the SNES era? Or... perhaps it will be added sometime in the future? It is important to note that Super Mario RPG was released late within the SNES's life cycle as well.

Conclusion: Nintendo is aware of Super Mario RPG's importance within their library of games (despite part of its content being owned by Square Enix), and subtly has let that be known to its fans. Mr. Sakurai is aware of Geno's fanbase (being highly requested for quite a few years), and fortunately has shown interest in including him as a Fighter since Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The absence of the Geno and Chocobo Hat Mii Costumes is both strange, yet nothing too out of the ordinary since there are still Mii Costumes missing from SSB 3DS/WiiU. However, Geno's Mii Costume in particular should make a return in SSBU, or be finally upgraded into a playable fighter (or they could end up doing both). The inclusion of Super Mario RPG onto the SNES NSO library is not a matter of if, but when. Hopefully this classic arrives no later than 2020.

I already brought up some similar details in regards to DOOM Slayer (can't remember if it was on this thread, or the DOOM Slayer support thread), but what I want to get at is that, in my humblest opinion, I strongly believe that both Geno and DOOM Slayer will join the SSBU roster. It just feels like I'm here waiting for them to be announced officially.

EDIT: Found it. Here's the post in regards to DOOM Slayer I made a while back. Details are in the Cookie Crumbs.
https://smashboards.com/threads/at-...om-slayer-thread.446546/page-48#post-23552525
God how can I like some thing 3 times

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’d like a few more third parties (Geno obviously), but I’d be perfectly fine if the majority of the DLC from here on out is mainly first party.

It’s not like we need to have as many third party characters as first. This is a Nintendo series with Nintendo All-Stars FEATURING some guest characters from other companies.

I get that the Fighter Pass is clearly dedicated to advertise the game with characters from other companies (and attract people who don’t play Smash), but it’d be nice to get some more Nintendo love since it’s mainly Nintendo fans that have been Smash fans this entire time and supporting the series.
It has clearly ascended to something beyond a Nintendo All-Stars game at this point. That was the base by which Smash was built was primarily first party, but that focus has also been lessened over the years and has begun to sort of reach it's natural conclusion anyway. Honestly, if we never got another first party character in Smash, I'd be fine with it. Giant video game crossover is just far more interesting than just a Nintendo crossover and can do all kinds of literally unparalelled and otherwise unachievable things.

Dynamic Worlok

Yeah, we got one western series in Smash Bros, that doesn't mean that we're going to get all these western characters in Smash Bros now. We also know that Nintendo was the one who gave a list to Sakurai on what characters they could go after for DLC, so Sakurai kind of had to be nudge in a direction to include a western character that is Banjo. Sakurai has more of an affiliation to promote Japanese games the other game around the world (which is why Rayman kept being a Trophy and a Spirit)
doesn't mean we're not. Just because sakurai might want to promote some Japanese games doesn't automatically preclude other western characters.
Good news however, we've graduated from assumption to presumption!

Plank08

Smash Lord
Also it looks like the Leak was fake, there’s a small chance it’s real, but unfortunately it doesn’t look too good, but who knows, some stuff are still curious.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
doesn't mean we're not. Just because sakurai might want to promote some Japanese games doesn't automatically preclude other western characters.
Good news however, we've graduated from assumption to presumption!
I think it's a long shot for Doomguy getting in. It's possible, but unlikely.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
It has clearly ascended to something beyond a Nintendo All-Stars game at this point. That was the base by which Smash was built was primarily first party, but that focus has also been lessened over the years and has begun to sort of reach it's natural conclusion anyway. Honestly, if we never got another first party character in Smash, I'd be fine with it. Giant video game crossover is just far more interesting than just a Nintendo crossover and can do all kinds of literally unparalelled and otherwise unachievable things.
That’s fine, and I respect your opinion. However, I just disagree with the notion of moving away from mainly Nintendo.

The game has already done the unthinkable and had characters come together you never have thought would. But I think it would be wrong and pretty silly for Nintendo to not show their own IP’s more love (and promoting their own games) and I don’t think Sakurai is finished with first party series yet.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041

Okay I’ve got:
- Geno
- Chibi Robo

oh crap. that’s all i have.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Even if it's fake, the Leak can be fake but we can end in the same outcome anyways.

Who know how many char- 6.
I'm guessing we're getting 6 more. #5 and 5 more.

I'm pretty confident that at least one of those, is Geno.

And if I would have to choose, I'd choose Crash, Shantae, Rayman, Doomguy, Geno and Master Higgins Hakurei Reimu.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Can someone please explain something to me? I thought Sabi and Papagenos were in the same circle when it came to sources.

So why is Sabi saying her source says the leak is 99% fake and Papagenos is saying it’s still in maybe territory....?

99% seems a lot more definitive than maybe....?

Dynamic Worlok

I think it's a long shot for Doomguy getting in. It's possible, but unlikely.
that's fine. I think doomguy is a little bit less of a longshot, but hey.. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Let's kick back, relax and watch the DLC unfold.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Even if it's fake, the Leak can be fake but we can end in the same outcome anyways..
I'm actually low-key hoping that this happens, just for how hilarious it would be that we're getting a repeat of the Palutena 3DS leak:
  1. A supposed leak hinting at Geno and Doom Slayer being playable pops up.
  2. Geno and Doom Slayer are revealed to be playable.
  3. The leak hinting at Geno and Doom Slayer being playable in the first place turns out to be fake anyway.

Dynamic Worlok

Can someone please explain something to me? I thought Sabi and Papagenos were in the same circle when it came to sources.

So why is Sabi saying her source says the leak is 99% fake and Papagenos is saying it’s still in maybe territory....?

99% seems a lot more definitive than maybe....?
according to something fatman posted, the leak itself hasn't necessarily been disproven, but the biggest thing is nintendo hasn't been going after the footage with copyright strikes. As far as I understand it, this is the extent of the doubt. However, I urge you to take that with a grain of salt, as things may have developed since then.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Well, if we’re still doing most wanted lists (late to the party once again):

Elma, Geno, Phoenix Wright, Doomguy, Shovel Knight, Dixie Kong, Waluigi, Bandana Waddle Dee, Octoling, Melia, Fiora, KOS-MOS, Lora/Jin, Dante, Lyn, Amaterasu, Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, Rayman, Urbosa, Skull Kid, Impa, Ashley, Chorus Kids, Dovahkiin, Ninten, The Prince (Katamari), Isaac, Zero, Wolf Link+Midna, Monokuma, Morag/Brigid, Shadow, Tetra, and more probably.

Still hoping for both Doomguy and Geno to be coming sometime soon, but this particular leak might be fake, sadly. If Sabi knows who Fighter 5 is, I think that really tells me that we’re getting a reveal at the Game Awards this year.

Welp, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone's modded in a Mallow Mii hat with jiggle physics. So it is possible. Damn. :(

I suppose the leak isn't technically 100% dead, but I've been nudged over to "most likely fake" (though partially to save myself from getting Grinch'd again).

Not that Geno's chances are affected, but those Miis looked so clean..

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Welp, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone's modded in a Mallow Mii hat with jiggle physics. So it is possible. Damn. :(

I suppose, but I've been nudged over to "most likely fake" (though at least partially to save myself from getting Grinch'd again).
I'm still 50/50 myself, but I'm not putting a whole lot of stock into it to begin with. That is some nice modding, though! Props to that guy!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

I suppose the leak isn't technically 100% dead, but I've been nudged over to "most likely fake" (though at least partially to save myself from getting Grinch'd again).

Not that Geno's chances are affected, but those Miis looked so clean..
It is pretty amazing for something people haven't been able to do before and said is extremely hard to do is suddenly possible just in time for leaks to be proven fake.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Gonna wait until he can get the model quality up to par since file size has been the focal point of all this. Nice mod though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom