• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I can't believe you kept it from us! You never mentioned that critically acclaimed horror series Five Nights at Freddy's was getting Springtrap as the fifth fighter in Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Now all your sources are really in trouble now! :4pacman:

Seriously though, when did FNaF 1-3 get added to the Nintendo website? They're releasing in late November. Like, the chunk?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I can see Lloyd happening, but not Heihachi. May I remind you guys Heihachi's part of Pacman's taunt? If you're relegated to a taunt of a character already playable, that's not exactly the kind of thing that would hint Heihachi being playable. Same reasoning goes for Monster Hunter, if they wanted a playable Monster Hunter rep, I think they would've included one in the base game alongside Rathalos.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
For example, Nintendo having 5, 6, and 7 ready on the site before Terry came out makes me believe that 6 and 7 are at least halfway done at this point.
Almost like they're testing out the costumes or something

Last edited:

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
HOLD UP - Am I wrong in thinking that not only was Sabi unsure of the Mii Costume leak, but didn't denounce Geno? And they might be confident in the next fighter? Couldn't they have easily denounced Geno being the next fighter? Vergeben hadn't denied it either, but he did deny Scorpion. OR am I just getting ahead of myself?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
HOLD UP - Am I wrong in thinking that not only was Sabi unsure of the Mii Costume leak, but didn't denounce Geno? And they might be confident in the next fighter? Couldn't they have easily denounced Geno being the next fighter? Vergeben hadn't denied it either, but he did deny Scorpion. OR am I just getting ahead of myself?
Nothing's been said for or against Geno, so I wouldn't think too much of that. We don't know anything about who fighter 5 is.

P47

Smash Apprentice
Random question just to pass the time: how many characters can you name that you would like to see in Smash Ultimate, regardless of any chances they might have?

Let's see...Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer, Amaterasu, Crash Bandicoot, Isaac, Rayman, Waluigi, Tails, Mega Man X, Juno, Strider Hiryu, Marina Liteyears, Bomberman, Lloyd Irving, Proto Man, Shadow The Hedgehog, Bass, Spyro The Dragon, Mach Rider, Dr. Robotnik, Skull Kid...I think that's as much as I can come up with. Obviously Geno is my #1 pick with Doomguy closely following behind - I need that dream team between them to happen like ASAP.
Here goes...

Bandana Dee, Ashley & Red, Geno (duh), Skull Kid, Andy (Advance Wars), Grit (AW), Taranza, Magolor, Adeleine, Dark Matter Swordsman, Susie Haltmann, Geese Howard, Galacta Knight, Kat & Ana, Shadow the Edgehog, Isaac, Fawful, Antasma, all of the TF2 mercs (especially Pyro), Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Karate Joe, Chorus Kids, Bomberman, Ninten, Funky Kong, Orbulon, Black Shadow, Alph (but separate from Olimar), Gooey, Crash, Victini, DQ5 Hero, Steve.

Ngl this was harder than I thought it'd be (and yes I'm hella biased towards Kirby lol). The list of characters I wouldn't mind is massive and there's only one character off the top of my head whose inclusion would actually bother me.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Personally, I feel this whole 99% Fake thing only means that the source saw that Geno and Doomslayer aren’t #5 and assumed that the mii costumes were fake because of that.
I still think the characters will happen, just not now, I have no clue who #5 will be
I agree with this sentiment. I don't believe that this is fake.

I do believe that the source may know something different for FP5 and thus come to the conclusion that this leak must be fake as a result.

However, it's not that cut and dry in regards to leaks.

And that's where this post comes in:

I'm pretty sure this has been brought up, before, but isn't it possible - or even likely - that everyone working on the game doesn't know what everyone else working on the game knows? If characters are being developed at the same time, then they have to be split up into different teams, and Team A might not necessarily know all the details on what Team B has been working on. I know for a fact that this point has been made before, but I don't see how knowing who FP5 is means anything for characters/costumes who would be coming out after FP5, anyway, if they're from a different series/company. It's like the weird argument that the CacoMallow costumes are fake because they didn't come with Terry, even though it wouldn't make any sense for them to come with him.

I dunno, I guess like many others I just want it to be proven that the leak is fake, rather than just being told 'It's fake because I say so'.
Yes to all of this. There's a saying that goes, "don't let your left hand know what the right hand is doing." It's been explained many times before that Sabi's source doesn't know everything. I mean, how can they? It's impressive what they've revealed to the insiders, but that doesn't paint the whole picture.

When the Grinch Leak happened, PapaGenos believed it could've been legitimate because he had a source who said Banjo while the other insiders believed it was fake because it lacked Incineroar. One side had real reason to believe it, the other side had real reason not to believe it.

The Source may know FP5, but that does not mean they know 6, 7, or even 8 (in addition to the content that comes with them). And we further know the Smash team isn't working on one thing at a time.

Honestly, I recall a thing like this happening during Brawl speculation. Two leakers came out and revealed two different sets of characters from the roster. Both leakers called the other leaker a fake because the information didn't line up with what they knew. The truth of the matter was that they both had correct information, but they lacked the whole picture. It turned out that when their leaks combined, they made up the true, final roster of Brawl. Both were correct in what they knew, but they weren't correct in what they didn't know.

I believe that Sabi's source knows things and is probably correct in the information they've given Sabi (with the implication that Cacomallow won't appear in FP5), but it's what they don't know that allows this leak to live on (that FP5 isn't the only place these costumes can exist in, and anything beyond 5 is uncharted territory).

So, according to the Source, this leak is fake...

...for FP5.

As we get more information, the truth will come out. It always does.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Didn't the guy who made Heihachi or whatever flip out at Smash Bro's fans who wanted him in or somthing though?

Harada got upset at people (or at least one specific person) spamming dozens upon dozens of random Smash requests at him for series that he had nothing to do with on Twitter. However, Harada also claimed that, due to the massive unpopularity of Lucky Chloe outside of Japan, she'd be replaced with another character in the international versions, which was a joke.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Long weekend! If any US Veterans happen to lurk the Geno thread, I want to thank you for everything you do. We really appreciate your service here.

Onto the CacoMallow stuff, do you think potentially there is a chance that the source might not know materials that far in advance? There were talks about how this could have been from a 3rd party tester. (Like the build was outsourced for additional assistance) What are the possibilities that the source might not know as much information and was not sure about the CacoMallow stuff until this. As if the 3rd party tester has more insight on the content than Sabi's source.

Of course, I don't know the full extent and how far in advance the source would know of the content coming to Smash.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I'm pretty sure this has been brought up, before, but isn't it possible - or even likely - that everyone working on the game doesn't know what everyone else working on the game knows? If characters are being developed at the same time, then they have to be split up into different teams, and Team A might not necessarily know all the details on what Team B has been working on. I know for a fact that this point has been made before, but I don't see how knowing who FP5 is means anything for characters/costumes who would be coming out after FP5, anyway, if they're from a different series/company. It's like the weird argument that the CacoMallow costumes are fake because they didn't come with Terry, even though it wouldn't make any sense for them to come with him.

I dunno, I guess like many others I just want it to be proven that the leak is fake, rather than just being told 'It's fake because I say so'.
Popular legend says that the famous KFC 11 Herbs and Spices are prepared in two separate facilities each with half the recipe, specifically so that no one can know the whole thing and potentially let it out.

Similarly, it’s entirely possible that only a select few people on Earth currently know every character coming to Smash, and chances are Sabi’s source isn’t one of them. So if their reasoning for saying the leak is fake is because Fighter 5 is someone else, well... that doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t 6 or 7

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
*Angry grumbling is heard from a distance, getting closer.*
*Door opens abruptly and is quickly shut.*
*Pulls chair over.*

*Sits down.*

Alright, here's the deal. At this moment, I feel like it's more a matter of waiting for the content that has been teasing us; in some instances right on our very faces. True that there have been leaks here, there, everywhere, to the point that this looks like a sink without a faucet, and the water is bursting out like a fountain. Putting leaks aside however, there have been a number of official, and semi-official (actually, unofficial mentions by known figures) that have helped strengthen the credibility of some of the aforementioned leaks. These official/unofficial announcements, mentions, have in most instances been considered as inconsequential, when in my humble opinion, I believe are the cookie crumbs that lead to the truth. As time has passed, these suspicions have gained more substance, and have helped in reassuring my thoughts in regards of the DLC fighters.

I'll begin with Geno.

Date: May 13, 2018
Description: Nintendo of America official Twitter account tweets about Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and asks fans if they are Team Mallow, or Team Geno. The tweet of course was a reminder of the game's release back in 1996 on that very same day.
Objective Inference: Nintendo has not forgotten about Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and wanted to know from fans which of the two original characters from said game they preferred the most (either Mallow, or Geno).

Date: June 23, 2018
Description: NintendoSoup publishes an article about an interview of Sakurai made by the Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream from back in April 2016. In said interview Sakurai expresses that he wanted to include Geno in Smash since Brawl, but at the time said wish did not materialize. However, he was able to make a Mii Costume of him for Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U.
Objective Inference: It pretty much explains itself. Sakurai wanted Geno in Smash. One could say that, he might still want him in Smash presently.

Date: July 30, 2019
Description: Nintendo uploads the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Mr. Sakurai Presents "Hero" video to their official YouTube channel. Within said presentation, the Mii Costume showcase only showed costumes based on characters from the Dragon Quest series only, despite Hero being the Square Enix rep. Neither Geno's Mii Costume, nor the Chocobo Hat were among the costumes shown.
Objective Inference: Nintendo and Square Enix's negotiations wished for the Dragon Quest series to be faithfully represented in SSBU. However, it is curious that the Mii Costumes released alongside hero were only those based on Dragon Quest, and no other Square Enix IP (such as the Geno Mii Costume, and the Chocobo Hat). Did they forget about those two costumes? Were the negotiations exclusively for Dragon Quest content this time around and nothing else? Did Nintendo and Square Enix agreed to something else for SSBU, which may concern the two missing Mii Costumes?

Date: September 4, 2019
Description: Nintendo uploads their latest Nintendo Direct to their official YouTube channel. In it, they announce the release of the SNES Library of games to the Nintendo Switch Online service. With 20 SNES games at launch, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is not included despite being one of the SNES's most memorable games.
Objective Inference: How is it that Super Mario RPG was not among the 20 games released with the SNES NSO Library? Does Nintendo not know that said game is one of their greatest masterpieces from the SNES era? Or... perhaps it will be added sometime in the future? It is important to note that Super Mario RPG was released late within the SNES's life cycle as well.

Conclusion: Nintendo is aware of Super Mario RPG's importance within their library of games (despite part of its content being owned by Square Enix), and subtly has let that be known to its fans. Mr. Sakurai is aware of Geno's fanbase (being highly requested for quite a few years), and fortunately has shown interest in including him as a Fighter since Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The absence of the Geno and Chocobo Hat Mii Costumes is both strange, yet nothing too out of the ordinary since there are still Mii Costumes missing from SSB 3DS/WiiU. However, Geno's Mii Costume in particular should make a return in SSBU, or be finally upgraded into a playable fighter (or they could end up doing both). The inclusion of Super Mario RPG onto the SNES NSO library is not a matter of if, but when. Hopefully this classic arrives no later than 2020.

I already brought up some similar details in regards to DOOM Slayer (can't remember if it was on this thread, or the DOOM Slayer support thread), but what I want to get at is that, in my humblest opinion, I strongly believe that both Geno and DOOM Slayer will join the SSBU roster. It just feels like I'm here waiting for them to be announced officially.

EDIT: Found it. Here's the post in regards to DOOM Slayer I made a while back. Details are in the Cookie Crumbs.
https://smashboards.com/threads/at-...om-slayer-thread.446546/page-48#post-23552525

Last edited:

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Full license to pick whatever I'd like to see without any limitations, eh?

Isaac
Geno (You may have heard of him)
Lloyd
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
Shantae
Rex
Phoenix Wright
Reimu Hakurei (don't play Touhou, but I formed a blood oath with a Reimu supporter to mutually support Reimu and Isaac)
Quote/Curly (Probably not really that weird)
Bandana Waddle Dee (I have no interest in him but a lot of people are very passionate so I'd give it to him.)
Skull Kid
Midna
Fi
Impa (Really any of the four, I feel like compared to Fire Emblem and Pokemon, Zelda has always gotten the short end of the stick with "flavor of the month" characters.)
Estelle Bright or Lloyd Bannings (Legend of Heroes series)
Mach Rider (Never forget)

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Man, as fun as leaks and speculation are, it’s really... exhausting. I wish we could all just sit down with Sakurai and ask him what’s up instead of playing “Where in the World is Ken Masters?”

I’m thankful these big leaks only happen a few times a year. I dunno if I could deal with this every, I dunno, month or something.

However, I am most definitely gonna miss this if Geno does get in. I love this community, and all the great stuff it’s done with my, and I’m sure a lot of your guys’s favorite game of all time.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
This right here. I thought we were done with soothsayers and their bull**** months ago.

I'll take another Grinch Leak fiasco over having to deal with this insufferable crap again any day. I'm really, really getting tired of it.
Honestly the fact people still doubt me at this point is the real surprise

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Random question just to pass the time: how many characters can you name that you would like to see in Smash Ultimate, regardless of any chances they might have?

Let's see...Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer, Amaterasu, Crash Bandicoot, Isaac, Rayman, Waluigi, Tails, Mega Man X, Juno, Strider Hiryu, Marina Liteyears, Bomberman, Lloyd Irving, Proto Man, Shadow The Hedgehog, Bass, Spyro The Dragon, Mach Rider, Dr. Robotnik, Skull Kid...I think that's as much as I can come up with. Obviously Geno is my #1 pick with Doomguy closely following behind - I need that dream team between them to happen like ASAP.
Geno, Shantae, Quote and/or Curly and Tails. Those are like the ones I want THE most, but I'd also love Twintelle and Elma.
Edit: lol and Isaac.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Can you please just give us a proper explanation. Its healthy to have some skepticism you know. Most of us dont take everything insiders say as gospel

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Truly it is. If I may, I think what gets some of us riled up is the fact we are not in the know.
We do not know how things work behind closed doors.
Those fortunate enough, mainly you, do know and I imagine it is quite the mental gymnastics to even get a little crumb for guys like us who do not know.

What I am trying to say is, Thank you for all you do.

And to all of us, Patience is a Virtue.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
If that mallow hat leak is fake I’d just like to know how the hell they did it.

This thing is far different from the grinch fake leak. This came with a video of a fully working mii hat with proper physics. Something that all modders have supposedly had trouble making work properly. How on earth could someone have the time or resources to fake something like that?

If it is faked than the only possible explanation I could think of is someone did all this work in a heavily modded version of smash4. Porting over models and the stage from ultimate, editing knockback and other physics, and working on the mii in 4’s system. Since I’m pretty sure modding miis is a bit more feasible in 4.

But even then that’s still A HELL of a lot of work.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I dunno about you guys, but something is still fishy to me about that leak, considering how it showed those costumes long before they are to be released, if they are even real. I wonder how the leaker got a hold of those costumes?

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about you guys, but something is still fishy to me about that leak, considering how it showed those costumes long before they are to be released, if they are even real. I wonder how the leaker got a hold of those costumes?
Given that Sans was created by July the latest it's possible that Mii costumes are created far in advance of their release date.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Given that Sans was created by July the latest it's possible that Mii costumes are created far in advance of their release date.
But whoever the leaker is, how he got a hold of them, or if he made them, is the question.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, if the leak is fake then I want to know where can I get that mod of the two hats since they look pretty great, IMO.

:bowser:.

D

Deleted member

So the Mii costumes got deconfirmed and we're still in the dark on fighter #5 probably huh? Well it's fine far as Geno's chances I still believe their good, but still unsure as well. If he's in I'll be ecstatic of not then my support will still be there. Still have hope for him.

Doom Slayer still think he's got a good chance as well.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
That's pretty much where I stand, and where Papa stands just solidifies my stance.

I'm not gonna think it's real or fake at this point. I don't know, and frankly, I'm not gonna care atm and focus on other stuff. For now, I'mma just discard the leak.
I agree. I’m so tired of going around in circles with this thing. I’ll just wait until I see Geno for myself.

D

Deleted member

I know she's gone now. But Sabi just want you to know I have full faith in you and your sources.

I know your just trying to get information for us and it can be taxing. But thank you for all you do. Know that it is apperciated.

Keep up the great work thank you for all the hard-work all the best!

Sincerely just a fan who wants Geno in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Didn't the guy who made Heihachi or whatever flip out at Smash Bro's fans who wanted him in or somthing though?
You mean Harada?

What happened was that SoraForSmash got trending on Twitter, and it emboldened a lot of the other Twitter tags to spread the word. Someone forgot to untag Harada in a reply chain and it resulted in him getting a ton of notifications so he went absolutely nuclear on Smash fans, going as far as to say that he would speak with Sakurai to personally make sure their requests would not get in and not accepting any apologies

Crazy times, man

D

Deleted member

Time to lay low for a bit. Looking forward to the Game Awards and will be back to show support for Kingdom Hearts III and Fire Emblem: Three Houses Pokemon Sword and Shield will be fun hope everyone whose getting them enjoys them.

Overall our support for Geno continues and we look onwards to his possible inclusion. In the Brothers of Smashing and return in the Plumber with the red cap's games!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
I feel like we're not making much progress as it stands. Might be good to just like... take some time away form this and play some video games or something. We've got a month till the Game Awards.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Have I said anything confusing about this yet? I’ll clarify if so
Its not what you have said, but what you havent. All we’ve heard is that your source thinks its fake so its 99% likely to be fake. Im not asking you to divulge any sensitive information, but you could at least give us a thin outline of why you’ve come to this conclusion

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
I looked back at how long ago we hit page 1600 - that was on Sunday night.

And now we're almost to 1700. The discussion about the recent events made this thread go by really fast!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
If that mallow hat leak is fake I’d just like to know how the hell they did it.

This thing is far different from the grinch fake leak. This came with a video of a fully working mii hat with proper physics. Something that all modders have supposedly had trouble making work properly. How on earth could someone have the time or resources to fake something like that?

If it is faked than the only possible explanation I could think of is someone did all this work in a heavily modded version of smash4. Porting over models and the stage from ultimate, editing knockback and other physics, and working on the mii in 4’s system. Since I’m pretty sure modding miis is a bit more feasible in 4.

But even then that’s still A HELL of a lot of work.
As I said before, this guy would have to be the most dedicated and skilled modder in the history of Smash modding in order for this to have been a fake. He would've had to of accomplished what everyone is basically saying is damn near impossible, without the tools Sakurai and company used to make them, in secret without anyone finding out what he was doing, whilst also having the foresight to drop this stuff mere days before Terry was announced, when not even insiders knew he was dropping.

If it does turn out to be fake, then fine. But to me this all seems like too much work for just being a simple troll.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Here is the way I see things shaping up assuming the reveal is at the Game Awards and not in a surprise Direct between now and then

Frontrunners: Doomslayer and Geno; While Hat Leak is looking like a bust, it's not been hard deconfirmed yet. And even if it does turn out to be bogus I don't see Doomslayer or Geno's chances lowering.

Possibilities: Sora, an RE rep, or Lloyd. Resident Evil 3 Remake is rumored to have a presence at the Game Awards and Kingdom Hearts ReMIND could have a big push there as it comes out that month. Lloyd is a big request from a long running series and he could theoretically end the pass on a note big enough to show off at the GA's

Unlikely: Crash, Hayabusa, and Heihachi Thanks to Sabi, we know for sure it isn't Crash or Hayabusa. I reason Heihachi is unlikely simply due to the fact that Terry just launched, and to end on another fighting game character is a bit redundant. While we DID double up on JRPG's one after another with Joker and Hero, the two characters function so radically different; while Heihachi would have the same groundwork as Terry, Ryu, and Ken. I think Heihachi might be in the lineup, but not as the ending to Season 1 of DLC, not right after Terry

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
As I said before, this guy would have to be the most dedicated and skilled modder in the history of Smash modding in order for this to have been a fake. He would've had to of accomplished what everyone is basically saying is damn near impossible, without the tools Sakurai and company used to make them, in secret without anyone finding out what he was doing, whilst also having the foresight to drop this stuff mere days before Terry was announced, when not even insiders knew he was dropping.

If it does turn out to be fake, then fine. But to me this all seems like too much work for just being a simple troll.
So much (not really specifics, but just the level of improbability) of this applied just as much, if not more, to Grinch, and here we are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom