• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If it's not Doom Slayer or Geno, then I have no idea who it will be unless it's Lloyd or Heihachi but I'm still confused
Who said it wasn't Doom Guy or Geno?

Either way, whoever it is, I hope it is someone other than a Namco rep. Nothing against Namco, but that would be too predictable. I just want a real surprise character.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I still don't get why this dude knowing who #5 is invalidates Mii costumes that could be part of something months from now

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Who said it wasn't Doom Guy or Geno?

Either way, whoever it is, I hope it is someone other than a Namco rep. Nothing against Namco, but that would be too predictable. I just want a real surprise character.
I simply said it as a possibility because of what Sabi said, even so I think a double reveal at TGA is still likely

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, if anything the situation is significantly worse for Doom Guy because you can count the number of days that Doom content has been seriously discussed on one hand. Still, people really are jumping the gun on this... Three of Sabi's bigger sources have merely expressed doubt and I've already explained why: they haven't heard anything and Nintendo's legal team isn't going ape**** cracker jack over it. I still recommend waiting things out and, AGAIN, DOOM content could still happen even if this is fake.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Some days I like Smash speculation and enjoy its discussion. Other days I get tired of it and just want straight confirmations andanswers.

This isn't directed towards any insider.

It's just after seeing yet ANOTHER turn in speculation where a Geno connected leak could now be false and we are back to sqauemre one again, I'm just annoyed and just want to know if he is playable or not.

I'm tempted to want season 2 to be announced and ALL fighters for it revealed at the start regardless of their development. I'm a bit tired having reveals saved for surprises at this point.
Amen

OffBi

Smash Ace
Geno, Ryu, crash, doomguy, Dante, Lloyd and Kunio are the 7 characters from the insider list, screencap this.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, if anything the situation is significantly worse for Doom Guy because you can count the number of days that Doom content has been seriously discussed on one hand. Still, people really are jumping the gun on this... Three of Sabi's bigger sources have merely expressed doubt and I've already explained why: they haven't heard anything and Nintendo's legal team isn't going ape**** cracker jack over it. I still recommend waiting things out and, AGAIN, DOOM content could still happen even if this is fake.
The Cacodemon and Mallow leak, you mean? Just because they haven't heard from Nintendo doesn't mean it is fake. It could still be real. Not supporting the leak, mind you all, just saying.

D

Deleted member

Geno, Ryu, crash, doomguy, Dante, Lloyd and Kunio are the 7 characters from the insider list, screencap this.
X Doubt.png
If what Fatman said is true he said Ryu Hayabusa would be the most "controversial" pick and I could very much argue that Kunio is more controversial than Hayabusa. I heavily doubt this is the list.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The Cacodemon and Mallow leak, you mean? Just because they haven't heard from Nintendo doesn't mean it is fake. It could still be real. Not supporting the leak, mind you all, just saying.
I'm aware but it's still notable. One is the NoA source that I've known for a year now, the second is the one that supposedly knows #5 and is apparently such a big deal that only Sabi and two other people in the Discord know, and the third is someone we (the Discord) all know and is a very authoritative figure in insider circles but very obviously can't share. Again, it's merely doubt, not a full on disconfirmation but I admit that the opinions of these three people carry a ton of weight so if they tell Sabi they think it's fake, they're probably going to side with them.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
If what Fatman said is true he said Ryu Hayabusa would be the most "controversial" pick and I could very much argue that Kunio is more controversial than Hayabusa. I heavily doubt this is the list.
Then how about this
Geno, Ryu, crash, doomguy, Dante, Lloyd and Travis are the 7 characters from the insider list, screencap this.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I think people seem to make the mistake of thinking that Doomguy isn't happening simply because he isn't the next fighter. I still fully believe that clip of that costume is real. All it means is that the costume will come out later along with the character. Nobody has debunked the mii costume leak yet other than saying "oh I haven't heard about those costumes coming yet".

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I know this is off topic but recently you mentioned something about Nintendo acting desperate with what happened with Sword & Shield due to leaks, people hating the game and etc, but what is happening with Game Freak? Do they regret the bad decisions they made during the development of the game or something similar?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm aware but it's still notable. One is the NoA source that I've known for a year now, the second is the one that supposedly knows #5 and is apparently such a big deal that only Sabi and two other people in the Discord know, and the third is someone we (the Discord) all know and is a very authoritative figure in insider circles but very obviously can't share. Again, it's merely doubt, not a full on disconfirmation but I admit that the opinions of these three people carry a ton of weight so if they tell Sabi they think it's fake, they're probably going to side with them.
Yeah, I will just wait for a full on confirmation from them, if that is okay. It is better than a partial one, in my opinion.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
I still don't get why this dude knowing who #5 is invalidates Mii costumes that could be part of something months from now
I wanted to say something like this as well. Most of us already figured Geno wasn't character 5, so how is the leak dead?

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Whatever happens with this leak, I will still think both Doom Slayer and Geno are on the way and will arrive at some point or another. The Bethesda interviews that mention Smash makes me think SOMETHING Bethesda/Zenimax related is coming, and Geno has a lot of things going for him, too. So I still have hope, but that hope will die out sooner or later depending on what happens.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know this is off topic but recently you mentioned something about Nintendo acting desperate with what happened with Sword & Shield due to leaks, people hating the game and etc, but what is happening with Game Freak? Do they regret the bad decisions they made during the development of the game or something similar?
It's made public news but supposedly Game Freak's company morale has essentially bottomed out over everything.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/348697-rumor-morale-at-game-freak-at-an-all-time-low

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I wanted to ask, without being too specific, is there any character who is floating around with the insiders that not a lot of people on the outside are speculating about all that much currently?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
It's made public news but supposedly Game Freak's company morale has essentially bottomed out over everything.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/348697-rumor-morale-at-game-freak-at-an-all-time-low
So, not to look like a heartless *******, but frankly I hope this sends a message. If nothing else, I hope that all the disappointment from the fanbase that brings out all this low morale reaches the Pokemon Company and Nintendo.

If GameFreak doesn't know how to fix this, then someone else needs to take the reigns. If GameFreak doesn't want to fix this, someone else NEEDS to take the reigns.

My heart goes out to the devs who just love Pokemon and wish they could do better but are just doing what they can with the time given.

My anger goes out to the management who can't get a ****ing clue to save their lives. They can't solve THIS mystery, but they are headed towards the dungeon to be sure.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
They just need to not try and make the series a yearly release and not put so little money and so few people to work on it, especially if the rumors about giving it to the b team was true.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
It'll be a massive bummer if neither of them get in, honestly.

But it is forever canon now that they're kicking demon ass together in Hell, seriously. It's a much more appropriate pairing than you'd think. Two gun toting bad boys with an allegiance to the heavens and a knack for world saving.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So, not to look like a heartless *******, but frankly I hope this sends a message. If nothing else, I hope that all the disappointment from the fanbase that brings out all this low morale reaches the Pokemon Company and Nintendo.

If GameFreak doesn't know how to fix this, then someone else needs to take the reigns. If GameFreak doesn't want to fix this, someone else NEEDS to take the reigns.

My heart goes out to the devs who just love Pokemon and wish they could do better but are just doing what they can with the time given.

My anger goes out to the management who can't get a ****ing clue to save their lives. They can't solve THIS mystery, but they are headed towards the dungeon to be sure.
My biggest worry is that they think that not including the national dex is the reason this all happened and the efforts to fix future titles just takes us back to where we were pre SwSh, which isn't going to fix all of the glaring issues pokemon games have had for several years now that the dex finally got people to openly talk about.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
It'll be a massive bummer if neither of them get in, honestly.

But it is forever canon now that they're kicking demon ass together in Hell, seriously. It's a much more appropriate pairing than you'd think. Two gun toting bad boys with an allegiance to the heavens and a knack for world saving.
It really is so perfect given that Geno’s essentially an angel. I like to imagine that Geno’s the level headed one to compliment Doomguy’s rage monster tendencies, but also Geno keeps them on task while Doom gets distracted by bunnies

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I find it interesting that Sabi's source originally said something that made him think it was real, but now he's thinkin' it's fake.

What if Doomguy is Fighter 5?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I feel bad for the employees and even management at Game Freak for being harassed, stalked, and given freaking sexual accusations over the National Dex issues. However, I don't feel bad about them receiving constructive criticism about how terribly SwSh is going, because... it's not going so well, imo. People need to not take it so personally and make the devs' lives hell, including their freaking personal lives, but they should be open to listening to the fans' criticism instead of blowing them off a la Masuda. There's a way to handle this, and I don't think Game Freak or the especially angry fans (the ones who took things too far) have handled things properly.

That said, I do hope GF learns their lesson from this and mobilizes something to better their workplace and their product quality... but I also hope that no one gets actually hurt or ruined because of this. Some fans are taking things WAYYY too far...

Uh, anyway, Geno! Geno, Geno, Geno. He likes bunnies!

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
It’s sucks that the mii leak might be fake but at least we still have the mii list from papa genos.

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
I feel he is the Capcom rep they would go with. Monster Hunter only got a assist trophy/boss and I feel Resident Evil would just be "Guy/Girl with a gun"

And people spent last night bashing down Wright's chances. So that only really leads to Dante being the Capcom rep.
I wouldn't undersell the potential of an RE character, or the plausibility of Phoenix, but that's my Capcom bias talking. In any case, fighters are probably being chosen on their own merits so I don't really view Capcom characters as being in direct competition with each other.
Can't dig it up right now but on their public discord, Sabi made it sound like he didn't know why, specifically, the source believes the Mii leak to be fake. Them knowing who fighter #5 is may not be the entire reason.

As for why the identity of the next character might matter... I think the idea of these two particular costumes leaking instead of any others gets more and more dubious the further off they are. If the SNK costumes were part of this leak, it could've been confirmed Wednesday, but people rationalized their absence by saying that we already knew Terry was releasing soon so there would be no point. But if fighter #5 turned out to be Dante, for instance, that reasoning doesn't really hold up, Why couldn't the leaker get a hold of the inevitable Vergil and Nero outfits as well? It's by no means a smoking gun, but it's definitely cause for skepticism IMO.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I find it interesting that Sabi's source originally said something that made him think it was real, but now he's thinkin' it's fake.

What if Doomguy is Fighter 5?
Where is that from? I vaguely remember this, but I am not able to find it.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I know things are kind of tense at the moment but someone from the Discord coincidentally found a really cool theory on Mii costumes that's definitely worth a read:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78143628
This person used math and so I really want them to be right, because that would mean there’s some order to this chaos. However, last time I thought math worked with Smash was the Smash blog character rate theory. So while this makes sense, somehow I feel it’ll end up being wrong.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If this leak is fake, this guy better release the mod for the world to see. I will truely be disappointed otherwise.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Oh, we have a random number now instead of text.

SpooooOOOOOooOOOOOoooKYYY~!

Sorry, that was a bit much.

That is still nothing. Seriously, quit worrying about it my dude. Go enjoy Terry.
Can you please stop telling me not to worry about stuff? I'm merely posting Sabi's latest stance and trying to update the thread with it. I'm not "worrying" over anything, I already thought this leak was fake.

IDK how many times I need to say that I still think Geno has good stuff going for him even if this leak was 101% fake.

I'm sorry dude but it's really irritating. STOP ATTACKING THE MESSENGER PLEASE. Go tell Sabi not to worry if it bothers you this much.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I know things are kind of tense at the moment but someone from the Discord coincidentally found a really cool theory on Mii costumes that's definitely worth a read:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78143628
I think this could work, though I think they could still get another Sega character if they wanted. Also, Imran Khan said Season 2 DLC was decided by Nintendo around E3.

Where is that from? I vaguely remember this, but I am not able to find it.
I just remember Sabi saying what his source told him made him think it was real, but of course we now know the source is thinking it's most-likely fake.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

The biggest problem with pokemon these days is the following:

- Lack of decent lost game/side-quests
- Lack of difficulty (where the hell did Hard mode go after B/W?)
- Creating new ideas, yet not continuing to build on them (Mega Evolutions, Battle Frontier, Gigantamax eventually, etc). They ARE doing great with regional variants however, just dont hope that fades away.
- Animation. Pokemon stadium has better animations still.
- Shoddy graphical improvements. A switch game barely looks better than the previous Gen on 3ds.

And much more. And this comes from a company that profits more than most other entertainment IPs in the industry.

TPC definitely needs to get its act together.

Designs are fantastic this Gem though

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I probably said this earlier and i'll say it again, until they can at the very least explain how this leak could have been faked by someone without access to the dev tools I just can't accept that it is yet.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 245858

Oof. From "most likely fake" to "99% fake"
Expected as much but I wouldn't rule it out entirely until there's evidence pointing towards it being absolutely fake and that's coming from someone who never believed in the leak.

Even if it is fake though it's only a temporary setback for Geno as his chances were never ride or die on this leak.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Can you please stop telling me not to worry about stuff? I'm merely posting Sabi's latest stance and trying to update the thread with it. I'm not "worrying" over anything, I already thought this leak was fake.

IDK how many times I need to say that I still think Geno has good stuff going for him even if this leak was 101% fake.

I'm sorry dude but it's really irritating. STOP ATTACKING THE MESSENGER PLEASE. Go tell Sabi not to worry if it bothers you this much.
Honestly, your responses just feel so 'doom n gloom' and knee-jerky. You can say they aren't but they really do feel that way, as if this leak is the one thing keeping us in the game that you have to update us any time Sabi inhales.

I also talk with Sabi and am also a part of his server. I frankly couldn't care less until we get an actual response, and we will all know when we get that, but waiting every minute to see if it gets disconfirmed or not is not really that big a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom