• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
This.

I don't feel less confident in Geno even if the costume leak turns out to be hoax of the century, but man I'm just kind of war weary at this point. Put my boy in the ground or tell me he's in the game.

EDIT: inb4 "ye dude hes a spirit"
I'm in the same boat. If someone would confirm 100% right now to me then I can stop my mental wellbeing from deteriorating.

That could also be from 4 hours of sleep talking my friend through a breakdown over other things... but damn I just need this.

Firox

Smash Master
If Geno and Doomslayer aren't fighter 5, then I honestly have no idea whatsoever who it could be. I feel that it could really be anything at this point.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Random question just to pass the time: how many characters can you name that you would like to see in Smash Ultimate, regardless of any chances they might have?

Let's see...Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer, Amaterasu, Crash Bandicoot, Isaac, Rayman, Waluigi, Tails, Mega Man X, Juno, Strider Hiryu, Marina Liteyears, Bomberman, Lloyd Irving, Proto Man, Shadow The Hedgehog, Bass, Spyro The Dragon, Mach Rider, Dr. Robotnik, Skull Kid...I think that's as much as I can come up with. Obviously Geno is my #1 pick with Doomguy closely following behind - I need that dream team between them to happen like ASAP.

Last edited:

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
I really really don't want him. But I'm expecting its Dante also.
Did something happen that has people suddenly thinking he’s likely? IMO he’d be sick, but I haven’t heard any rumors about him and his series was still probably dormant when the FP was decided (for what little that’s worth).

Last edited:

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
If we do get promotions I think it will be one of (if not a few of) these characters: Waluigi, Isaac, Geno, Bandana Dee, Shadow, and Rex and Pyra. I personally don't count spirits as upgrades but just incase I added Geno and Bandana Dee to the list. I feel that Waluigi and Isaac have the best shots for promotions but I also think Rex and Pyra aren't that far behind in the upgrade race. At the very least I think we will get two upgrades (Most likely Waluigi and Geno) but at most I think we can get four (Geno, Waluigi, Isaac, and Rex and Pyra). Even though I would love it, I don't expect Shadow to be upgraded unless we get echo fighter DLC and I'm still unsure if Bandana Dee would be DLC. I would love for all of these characters to be playable since five of them are some of my mosted wanted characters and I love the Xenoblade series and would really like Rex and Pyra.

I hope my comment wasn't posted too late past the topic as I didn't see all these news and discussions until now.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Random question just to pass the time: how many characters can you name that you would like to see in Smash Ultimate, regardless of any chances they might have?

Let's see...Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer, Amaterasu, Crash Bandicoot, Isaac, Rayman, Waluigi, Tails, Mega Man X, Juno, Strider Hiryu, Marina Liteyears, Lloyd Irving, Proto Man, Shadow The Hedgehog, Bass, Spyro The Dragon, Mach Rider, Dr. Robotnik, Skull Kid...I think that's as much as I can come up with. Obviously Geno is my #1 pick with Doomguy closely following behind - I need that dream team between them to happen like ASAP.
Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Bomberman, Waluigi, Isaac, Ray 01, Eggman, Sephiroth, M Bison, Funky Kong, the Black Knight, Shadow, Black Shadow, Porky, Crash, Rex & Pyra, Master Chief, Ratchet & Clank

Last edited:

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
If Geno and Doomslayer aren't fighter 5, then I honestly have no idea whatsoever who it could be. I feel that it could really be anything at this point.
I would spoil the entire game for myself for the assurance of Geno man... or at least a deconfirm that something Sora or 2B doesnt beat him in. Never want to see that godforsaken costume ever again.

I wish I was insider myself so I could spare myself the stress.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Bomberman, Waluigi, Isaac, Ray 01, Eggman, Sephiroth, M Bison, Funky Kong, the Black Knight, Shadow, Black Shadow, Porky, Master Chief, Ratchet & Clank
Man I shoulda put Bomberman on my list. Fix'd lol

7NATOR

Smash Master
2 things

1. If we are potentially Getting promotions, a lot of people would Disagree, but after Geno I'm thinking Shadow is the more likely one (and not as an Echo)...or Rayman

and

Did something happen that has people suddenly thinking he’s likely? IMO he’d be sick, but I haven’t heard any rumors about him and his series was still probably dormant when the FP was decided (for what little that’s worth).
I do remember that one of the people in Sabi's Circle was Making references to Dante in the Discord server, and that also Nazyrus Nazyrus , who i think also is in Sabi's Circle, said that his name was heard a bunch

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

Let's see...Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer, Amaterasu, Crash Bandicoot, Isaac, Rayman, Waluigi, Tails, Mega Man X, Juno, Strider Hiryu, Marina Liteyears, Bomberman, Lloyd Irving, Proto Man, Shadow The Hedgehog, Bass, Spyro The Dragon, Mach Rider, Dr. Robotnik, Skull Kid...I think that's as much as I can come up with. Obviously Geno is my #1 pick with Doomguy closely following behind - I need that dream team between them to happen like ASAP.
copy pasting some from yours to save time,

Characters I would be exited to see to varying degrees,
Geno, Isaac, Waluigi, Bomberman, Skull Kid,adeline, dark matter, gooey, daroach, paper mario, fawful, grovile, registeel, gengar, magikarp, sigurd, saki, ray, takamaru, sukapon, mike jones, chibi robo, andy, karate joe, springman, chrono, black mage.

Characters I'd be ok with but aren't going to ever go out of my way for or would be cool for others,
Lloyd Irving,Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Amaterasu, Crash Bandicoot, Shadow The Hedgehog, Spyro The Dragon, Mach Rider, Dr. Robotnik, Rayman, phoenix, V. joe, goemon, layton, travis T.

order would be 1.geno 2. isaac, 3. waluigi and it largely peters off after that. If we could just get the first 2 off my list I would be perfectly happy to skip the rest.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I feel he is the Capcom rep they would go with. Monster Hunter only got a assist trophy/boss and I feel Resident Evil would just be "Guy/Girl with a gun"

And people spent last night bashing down Wright's chances. So that only really leads to Dante being the Capcom rep.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Hold on guys, I've got a huge list here. Oh boy, here we go~!

Geno.

Phew...that really took it out of me!

link2702

Smash Champion
So with terry’s out now, i think it’s safe to assume EVERY fp character will have some sort of “gimmick” to them. Joker has his persona, hero has the rng, bk have their wonderwing with the limit of 5 per stock, and terry has both a second side special and his super specials at 100% or 1/3 hp. Even pp has unique gimmick with poison and auto attack from being footstooled while crouching.

This means that without geno would certainly have his own gimmick, which would most likely be timed hits.

But...what about doomslayer? If we’re assuming everyone new will have a pretty unique gimmick to them, which so far has been true, what on earth would Doomguy’s be?

OffBi

Smash Ace
So with terry’s out now, i think it’s safe to assume EVERY fp character will have some sort of “gimmick” to them. Joker has his persona, hero has the rng, bk have their wonderwing with the limit of 5 per stock, and terry has both a second side special and his super specials at 100% or 1/3 hp. Even pp has unique gimmick with poison and auto attack from being footstooled while crouching.

This means that without geno would certainly have his own gimmick, which would most likely be timed hits.

But...what about doomslayer? If we’re assuming everyone new will have a pretty unique gimmick to them, which so far has been true, what on earth would Doomguy’s be?
Rage or berserk

7NATOR

Smash Master

Doomguy would probably have Weapon Switching, Rage mode, and maybe Glory kills

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

Cycling through his weapons?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Sorry Doom fans but this sounds kind of bad for Doomguy, at least as DLC 5. Why would Sabi source be surprised by a Cacodemon hat if Doom was fighter 5?

link2702

Smash Champion
Weapon switching I can see I guess, i highly doubt it’d be glory kills....and it’s been a looooong time since I played doom on switch and I didn’t get far, so sorry for the dumb question but...what was rage mode like again? I mean surely it’d need to be a bit more unique than the “rage” mechanic in smash or Lucario’s aura....

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Weapon switching I can see I guess, i highly doubt it’d be glory kills....and it’s been a looooong time since I played doom on switch and I didn’t get far, so sorry for the dumb question but...what was rage mode like again? I mean surely it’d need to be a bit more unique than the “rage” mechanic in smash, otherwise it’d just basically be like Lucario’s aura....
I don't remember a rage mechanic ever but I only played through doom 2016 once and that was when it came out so I likely just forgot. I think it would just be weapon switching that changes the stats and animation of all his a moves depending on whats out.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Well that explains everything, clearly.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic here or what...? I was just posting an opinion. Doom could still be 5, it just seems weird that the source would be on the fence about CacoMallow if they knew Doomslayer was 5.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think it's likely that these costumes are not real but Doom Slayer is FP5 and Geno is post-pass anyway? With how Banjo didn't come with any Microsoft costumes, maybe there won't be any Bethesda/Zenimax costumes either.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Knowing the next fighter doesn't mean this is fake.

If its not Doomguy or Geno then we are stuck arguing about the leak being real or fake for another 2-3 months.

Fighter 5 being someone else doesn't deconfirm anything because this leak never claimed it would come with Fighter 5.

Last edited:

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I'm still feeling the same. Regardless of the leak, I've strongly felt Namco made sense as FP5. If it's fake, I feel like that's even more true. But I still expect Geno at some point. VGA Smash reveal makes a lot of sense, and Doom fits that venue very well. A Namco character, maybe not so much... I feel like that character could be announced beforehand, and maybe not even come out til January, but Doom could get a super early announcement in the same vein as Joker.

Chronologically: Namco (still think Lloyd) announced soon, Doom announced at VGAs, Lloyd comes out, Doom comes out, then next character (Geno?) announced. Sounds likely to me.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
At this point I want to wait to see if VR plant's opinion changes before I decide doom isn't number 5. Right now they're the one I trust the most.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Do you guys think it's likely that these costumes are not real but Doom Slayer is FP5 and Geno is post-pass anyway? With how Banjo didn't come with any Microsoft costumes, maybe there won't be any Bethesda/Zenimax costumes either.
Yes. I still think both have a very good chance regardless. Especially Geno.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic here or what...? I was just posting an opinion. Doom could still be 5, it just seems weird that the source would be on the fence about CacoMallow if they knew Doomslayer was 5.
I'm saying we have no reason to trust the alleged source

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
On a lighter that doesn't turn my stomach, I wanted to let you guys know something that I think bodes well for Geno atop of a list of pretty good stuff.

Something that Terry has made my Mario RPG sense tingle. Power Dunk. The thing about the special input version.

If you do the input right, you hear a sound!

I think that is a foreshadowing for Geno's gimmick. It would be like Terry combined with Incineroar's side special.

I also think theyve had Geno planned as a bonus character after pass for a while. That's more because I still believe color theory is a deliberate nod to the star colors.

Didnt mean to get bent out of shape before. I think Geno's chances were there before the leak.

Also I appreciate even when I've misstepped in here after Hero dropped, you all have been so cool since. I love the Geno community so much.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I'm saying we have no reason to trust the alleged source
This right here. I thought we were done with soothsayers and their bull**** months ago.

I'll take another Grinch Leak fiasco over having to deal with this insufferable crap again any day. I'm really, really getting tired of it.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Some days I like Smash speculation and enjoy its discussion. Other days I get tired of it and just want straight confirmations andanswers.

This isn't directed towards any insider.

It's just after seeing yet ANOTHER turn in speculation where a Geno connected leak could now be false and we are back to sqauemre one again, I'm just annoyed and just want to know if he is playable or not.

I'm tempted to want season 2 to be announced and ALL fighters for it revealed at the start regardless of their development. I'm a bit tired having reveals saved for surprises at this point.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I don't really hinge much, if any, importance on the leak. If it's fake, it's fake. There's a lot of things pointing to Geno regardless, so I don't really see any need to suddenly be doubtful of someone who's been reliable. You let your feelings guide you on that kind of thing and you're gonna get burned. Just sit back and see how it plays out.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, is Sabi considering the leak fake now? And what is this about promotions?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Characters currently not present in the game: Reimu Hakurei (Touhou), Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden), Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney), Jill Valentine (Resident Evil), Doom Marine (DOOM), Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear), Steve (Minecraft), Master Chief (Halo), Segata Sanshiro, Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo), Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia), Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot), Porky (Mother) and Byleth (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

Spirits: Geno (Super Mario RPG), Rex/Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2), Rayman (Rayman), Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country) Bandanna Dee (Kirby), Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog), Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven), Mach Rider (Mach Rider), Shantae (Shantae), Andy (Advance Wars), Doc Louis (Punch-Out), Donkey Kong Jr (Donkey Kong), Duster (Mother), Funky Kong (Donkey Kong Country), Gengar (Pokemon), Hades (Kid Icarus) Jimmy T (Wario ware), Elma (XBX)

Assist Trophies: Isaac (Golden Sun), Waluigi (Mario), Samurai Goroh (F-Zero), Skull Kid (Zelda), Bomberman (Bomberman), Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight), Ashley (Wario ware) Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle), Sukapon (Joy mech fight), Spring man (ARMS), Lyn (Fire Emblem) Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic)

Of course there's only about a dozen or so characters here that I would actually root for and actively want but these are the characters I would have absolutely no objections towards if they got in and would be interested in seeing.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well I certainly missed something. Thankfully we are still in limbo...wait.

Anyhow, if Sabi's source is confused/concerned about these mii costumes AND they know who fighter 5 is, then WHO is number 5?

We have been told it is not Crash and Ryu H. Now it seems like it will not be Doom Slayer or Geno (Which, we kind of figured). So is it a Namco Rep? The missing mii costumes seem to suggest that. But honestly...The four list as not being in the pass COULD be our next fighters afterwards.

I don't know about y'all, but that sounds awesome!

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
If it's not Doom Slayer or Geno, then I have no idea who it will be unless it's Lloyd or Heihachi but I'm still confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom