• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
So...uhhh...

Where is the evidence that it was faked?

Did I miss something? Because I don't see anything. Seems like we are still at where we were a couple days ago.
It's literally just Sabi sending a bunch of somewhat confusing messages on PapaGenos' server alluding to the fact that the Mii list is most likely faked. I've provided all the context I can.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
so....for those who are wondering. StarLight42 StarLight42 didn't get the whole memo.

1573236096448.png

Nothing has changed. We still know nothing, so calm down GenoBros. Context matters.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I just want to know how this is being deconfirmed. If there’s insider info that can fully debunk it without a single shred of doubt, then by that logic, the insiders should absolutely know who #5 is and that should be leaked shortly. If it turns out that it can be fully replicated after all, then what’s the method? Have the models been found? Does everything line up?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t understand how they know it’s fake if the costumes/hats in question could still come.

edit: so they’re not even sure? Alright.

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
This Sabi doubt feels just like the Grinch leak when everyone decided that Vergeben was a fraud because he said it was fake (and turned out to be right). Obviously Sabi can't show the exact models used to make the leak unless they were directly involved in creating it, but what they do have are connections to people who know whether those costumes are in the game or not. Sure, it's not a 100% deconfirm, but I see no reason why we shouldn't trust their word when we've trusted them on things so far.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Yikes man, I think I might just never disseminate bad news onto this thread again.

I drop a message from Sabi that looks like it's bad for the mii leak, I say "i'm sorry bros"

I get repeatedly attacked like i'm saying Geno is deconfirmed even though I only say the Mii leak is most likely fake.

Christ guys.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
This Sabi doubt feels just like the Grinch leak when everyone decided that Vergeben was a fraud because he said it was fake (and turned out to be right). Obviously Sabi can't show the exact models used to make the leak unless they were directly involved in creating it, but what they do have are connections to people who know whether those costumes are in the game or not. Sure, it's not a 100% deconfirm, but I see no reason why we shouldn't trust their word when we've trusted them on things so far.
I do, but I'm not counting it out until we hear 100% fake.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Ugh, why is it that leaks I like get ripped apart for weeks, stay standing only to be most likely false? And why on leaks where it looks like they are so convoluted and near impossible to fake?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's interesting. I know Geno is one of the big names that's going around according to you and if what you say is true, are there any other characters in smash that are on that list? What I mean is that Geno is technically already in the game, but fans still demand to see him as a playable fighter. Out of that list, are there any other names that are already in smash in some way?
The only answer I can give is the super vague kind that everyone hates and say "not a lot." Most would be new to Smash. That said, don't expect a ton of "promotions" going into the post pass.

Dynamic Worlok

Yikes man, I think I might just never disseminate bad news onto this thread again.

I drop a message from Sabi that looks like it's bad for the mii leak, I say "i'm sorry bros"

I get repeatedly attacked like i'm saying Geno is deconfirmed even though I only say the Mii leak is most likely fake.

Christ guys.
Would it help if I said I apologize?

Firox

Smash Master
My biggest question right now is, where exactly is Sabi's source positioned within Nintendo? Does he work on the smash Dev team under Sakurai? Does he work in HR? Mail department? Janitor? Unless we're talking high-level executive or having intimate knowledge of the dev team's activities, I don't see how someone even within Nintendo could know which Mii costumes are currently being worked on.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
My biggest question right now is, where exactly is Sabi's source positioned within Nintendo? Does he work on the smash Dev team under Sakurai? Does he work in HR? Mail department? Janitor? Unless we're talking high-level executive or having intimate knowledge of the dev team's activities, I don't see how someone even within Nintendo could know which Mii costumes are currently being worked on.
iirc Sabi's main source is a brand ambassador at NOA

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
The problem is Sabi needs to stop saying 'yeah like I thought it's fake' immediately followed by 'lol I'm just speculating dunno for sure yet.'

It's annoying and makes it extremely hard to take her seriously. Even if she didn't have proof to show for it but could actually take a stance and say 'yes, I've checked with everyone, for sure it's fake, no take-backsies' that'd at least be something instead of this wishy-washy BS she keeps trying to pass off as a final answer.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hmm.

I’ll just assume fake, then, and that Geno and Doomguy don’t come with these hats if they’re in, or at least the hats don’t look/aren’t quite the same as these. Sabi’s source did just say “most likely,” though, so still not a Grinch situation and it implies it could still be real; his sources aren’t devs either, and might not know playtesters, but idk. I like these hats so I still hope it’s real, but at least we seem to be most-likely getting Geno and Doomguy anyway.

I still don’t understand Sabi’s tease on twitter, either. Of course, he could just be trying to hide Nintendo stuff, but most of the discussion going on was Smash so it was just weird to tease stuff like that if he had nothing on Smash.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Christ guys.
No one attacked you, my dude. Quit it with the knee-jerk reactions.

All we did was doubt you and I proved that there is no solid evidence and that Sabi currently has nothing to show.

I put the pressure on Sabi btw. I told him that if he really knows the truth and that it's fake, he needs to come out with concrete evidence.
  1. If he knows because he has photo or video evidence of perfect replication, then he needs to share it.
  2. If he knows because he has information on all the DLC Mii Costumes and these aren't in there, then he needs to say that he knows while being vague enough to save his ass.
  3. If he knows nothing except hearsay and assumptions, he needs to acknowledge them as such instead of acting as if he has concrete information.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Let's not let our hubris get the better of ourselves. We all agreed that difficult to fake does not mean impossible. I do not believe sabi is lying to us. Let's not let ourselves get hoist by our own petard on the anniversary of our last big embarrassment. It's fine to be skeptical, sure. Hell, I am too. Let's take a frickin chill pill here, see where things go, and draw our conclusions after we know what's up.

Edit: also be prepared, we're probably gonna get laughed at or whatever if the leak is faked, because people are pretty

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I'd say the most deserving franchises are Ninja Gaiden,

Sure, but the moveset can be fun for literally any fighter. This point doesn't make a whole lot of sense imo.

But let's be real here, Dante would be incredibly fun.

You were saying that they would be more likely to be chosen because of recognizability. But Sakurai literally said that the moveset is more important.

If Jill or Dante got in before Phoenix, it would be mostly for that reason

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Sabi's source could be right, and I wouldn't doubt them if they say they're sure. But also it does seem like some of this stuff just isn't "known" and just because folks didn't hear at all about someone doesn't mean for sure they're not in.

But like I said before, it could just be a well made fake trying to piggyback the Ken leak.

MemeSaucy

Smash Cadet
So its been a while huh? Saw what Sabi has said about the CacoMallow Leak (Mii Hat Leak), going to wait for Concrete Information from Sabi's source before I believe its fake

Also, besides the CacoMallow leak, what else have I missed about Geno leaks?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I wouldn't be too surprised if the leak turned out to be fake but I would appreciate a more direct response from Sabi instead of "Maybe lol, I don't really know yet"

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Also, besides the CacoMallow leak, what else have I missed about Geno leaks?
Papagenos is saying that the Mallow/Smithy costume leak he heard earlier still stands, despite a followup getting Terry's costumes wrong.

There's also this from Fatman:

Pretty much. I will say though that Brew's feelings about Geno being a "safe bet" is kind of the general consensus among insiders now. Yes, there is still a lot of doubt and suspicion about Jiggle Mallow but I'm happy to relay that a lot of people consider it irrelevant to Geno's chances. Obviously, if it's real, it's a silver bullet and GG to all the haters but if it's fake then whatever, it's just kind of irksome because we spent so much time dissecting it. People are starting to feel that way about Doom Guy too but it's much further behind since, like I said the other day, serious discussion about Doom Guy behind the scenes is literally about a week old now.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm glad that people are using their heads and not just blindly listening to leakers.

This is something I've been encouraging for awhile now. It doesn't matter HOW reliable or credible a leaker is, they can still be wrong about anything and all you have is their word with little proof or forged evidence. Even someone like Sabi or her NoA source can be doubted, especially recently with Starling still not paying off and Sabi's interesting sideshow attractions.

Dynamic Worlok

I'm glad that people are using their heads and not just blindly listening to leakers.

This is something I've been encouraging for awhile now. It doesn't matter HOW reliable or credible a leaker is, they can still be wrong about anything and all you have is their word with little proof or forged evidence. Even someone like Sabi or her NoA source can be doubted, especially recently with Starling still not paying off and Sabi's interesting sideshow attractions.
To be fair, we were never meant to know about the starling in the first place. A little bit of information is a dangerous thing.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
This is starting to turn into a Grinch 2.0 imo. I would advise to just assume that the leak is fake now, after hearing what Sabi said (Plus Gamexplain)

And even if it was real, it could be that Geno is a Mii costume alongside Mallow, and that someone like Sora would the fighter instead.

Dynamic Worlok

As far as the jonesey leak, I'd like to remind you all of this post
1.) I didn’t make the 4chan leak, I think Fatman just got the wrong idea. I said in the GC that I figured out who did it. Me and brew even got their FB account. I told papagenos about this a night or two ago as well.

2.) I don’t know HOW many times I have to say Nanakarobi isn’t a “twitter alt”. That’s my friend who I share info to and with. Papagenos also knows of them. I told him the night the bonfire info went out that I shared with a close friend to post instead of me. He isn’t me.

3.) in regards to protostar, I don’t know what else to have to prove I didn’t fake that I had a c&d with e3 lol. Spazzy, from SG, even backed me on that. I got a call from a lawyer on Friday (iirc? It was that day), and even shared the cell phone # I got a call from. Not to mention I tweeted the email I got though deleted it a bit later because I was scared I’d get in trouble for that. And for those who saved it, they can see the sent email was indeed the law firm. I deleted it for mine and their privacy. I didn’t fake brew’s c&d, he just told me that he was told by somebody from Nintendo that he couldn’t talk about it. Idk if it was a formal c&d like what I got, but at least similar enough so I loosely called it a c&d.

Hope that clarifies anything. Kinda annoying I have to come here just to clarify this stuff. And no, I can’t talk about fighter 5 or tell people the source on that. Don’t wanna risk that. But I hope the many things I’ve already leaked are enough to warrant some trust. Love you all, peace.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The main piece of evidence right now that it's fake is that Nintendo's not decapitating people left and right about it. Nintendo tends to freak out about bigger leaks and goes full force. For example, they're having a full on nuclear ****ing meltdown about Sword and Shield. The leaker will probably be sued into poverty, review copies are being put on hold indefinitely, events surrounding the game are being flat out cancelled, and Nintendo's even allowing people to cancel their pre-orders over it. The issue though is nobody still knows if it's fake or not or if this situation even warrants going full SWAT team over. That's where insider circles are stuck right now.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Great, right as soon as I start posting it sounds like the leak has a shot at being fake. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted lol. At least we got some sweet fanart out of it, and technically even if the leak is fake we /could/ still get an awesome Heaven & Hell double reveal with Geno and Doomguy. (Tell me that a sequel to Ridley’s reveal that climaxes with Samus, Mega Man, Doomguy, Geno, and Mario with FLUDD or something lined up blasting demons and/or Ridley isn’t the coolest thing ever) But, as with all leaks, we should keep our expectations in check, as it isn’t character 5’s fault if they aren’t Geno or Doomguy

Dynamic Worlok

I see no reason to stop making geno/doomguy fanart just because a leak didn't pan out

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well this is interesting. The leak was the only reason I was going to entertain doomguy so if the final verdict come out as fake then I'm back to my old opinion that those type of characters can't get in until proven otherwise. If it does turn out to be fake which given all the technological issues I'm not yet going to accept without solid proof then I'm back to bamco and Lloyd as my front runner for #5

So, a lot of people ask me about my confidence in Geno and one aspect I don't think I've talked about concerning the "list" is the nature of it. If you want to ignore the rest of this post, here's the takeaway: more people would be upset with the names not on it than that are and Ryu is the most "controversial" one if that tells you anything. It's pretty fanservicey and I think that's the entire point of the post-pass characters. The Fighter's Pass had mostly been about Sakurai's choices and celebrating video game history while most of the hypothetical post Fighter Pass characters are the equivalent of drunk online shopping at 3 in the morning with a credit card.
Thanks for the heads up that sounds really promising. In your opinion based on anything you've been priviy to do you think 1st party characters or content promotions are a real possibility for dlc choices moving past the pass or do you believe the current trend will continue to the end?

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Thanks for the heads up that sounds really promising. In your opinion based on anything you've been priviy to do you think 1st party characters or content promotions are a real possibility for dlc choices moving past the pass or do you believe the current trend will continue to the end?
I believe he said something to the tune of "don't expect a lot of promotions"

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Thanks for the heads up that sounds really promising. In your opinion based on anything you've been priviy to do you think 1st party characters or content promotions are a real possibility for dlc choices moving past the pass or do you believe the current trend will continue to the end?
Hopefully its the latter, been loving this fighter pass so far

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I believe he said something to the tune of "don't expect a lot of promotions"
Well the first part was the real question anyway, but I do like the sound of that. If 1st/2nd parties are absolutely dead then I would like the band-aid ripped off now so I can just accept it and move on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom