• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It's amazing how blind people can be when they don't WANT to see. Of course it works the opposite way too when people see things that aren't there, but still, their negative bias is showing BIG TIME.
The strange thing is they kept insisting they wanted Geno and Doomguy in. I don't really get it. The only thing I can think of is that they're just taking whatever is told to them by certain modders on the discord and social media and not questioning it at all. That or they don't understand what "proof" means.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I think the reason why papa still believes the mallow smithy thing is because he got other people to see if it was legit. Makes sense to me.

Firox

Smash Master
The strange thing is they kept insisting they wanted Geno and Doomguy in. I don't really get it. The only thing I can think of is that they're just taking whatever is told to them by certain modders on the discord and social media and not questioning it at all. That or they don't understand what "proof" means.
You forgot one other possible option: They could be full of **** when they say they actually want Geno and/or Doomguy. By pretending like they sympathize, it causes others to give them more credibility. Basically trolls in sheep's clothing.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
I feel like the Mii Costume leak is super solid and is gonna take a lot to be disproven. Either (A) the leaker comes forward with evidence and details how they made this mod, (B) someone else is able to recreate the footage consistently and accurately, or (C) Sabi's contacts are able to disprove the validity of the video. I just can't really see a scenario in which this leak is proved to be fake otherwise. This leak is much harder to disprove imo, especially since it's video footage with so many different variables (i.e. Mallow jiggle physics, emoting Miis, the new Cacodemon model).

I just don't believe that it's fake since there's so many moving parts to the leak (pun intended). And if it is, I'll be real darn impressed.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
You forgot one other possible option: They could be full of **** when they say they actually want Geno and/or Doomguy. By pretending like they sympathize, it causes others to give them more credibility. Basically trolls in sheep's clothing.
Why are you guys are so angry at other people opinions and takes

You can want a character and say a leak is fake, is not that deep

Maybe is because the aggressiveness here is why people have a "negative" bais lmao

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Datboigeno Datboigeno isn't that really something? If it is fake, the only way it can be proved if the maker/author/modder who did this steps out and shows it off. That's it. Just because people say "its doable" but does not show any proof means nothing. Many credible modders says its very difficult and either is not sure or leaning it could be real, heck, even insiders are not sure, or at least not saying anything.

The proof is in the pudding. Show us the pudding.

I am not saying it is 100% real but it certainly seems to hold water and LOOKS real.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Hey PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate , if you are taking suggestions for the thread title, how about something that highlights the Geno and Doomguy connection right now?
I'll do you one better! How about changing it to STARSENT SAVIOR. THE GRAMMATICAL INACCURACY DRIVES ME BATTY EVERY TIME I OPEN THE THREAD. GAH! Ok ok, I'm cool, I'm good, I'm chill, I'm solid..:4pacman:
I promise I'm not actually that angry about it, it's just fun to complain about

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
A) They got the release date wrong
B) They never had 2 directs (even with Smash presentations in mind). When it comes to Pokemon thing, The Pokemon Company always do their own thing unless its E3.
C) The only time they potentially reveal two characters is at E3.. not in a random direction..
D) Both Vergeben and Sabi has said that Crash isn¨t in the fighters pass.
Once again, I wasn't even referring to that first post. Totally fake - I was talking about the Doomslayer one.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
as a reluctant skeptic of the CacoMallow leak, some people do bring up a good point- why haven’t the videos been DCMA’d yet? Isn’t that, like, Nintendo’s specialty?
It's possible that Nintendo realized that making a video get DCMA'd pretty much means that it's confirmed to be real. So either they're not doing it to make people THINK it's fake and it's actually real, or they're not doing it because it IS fake. I am personally more on the real side though, based on a bunch of stuff. I'm a bit into Ultimate modding, and the hats definitely seem like something that's not possible with the current modding tools and things.

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
It's possible that Nintendo realized that making a video get DCMA'd pretty much means that it's confirmed to be real. So either they're not doing it to make people THINK it's fake and it's actually real, or they're not doing it because it IS fake. I am personally more on the real side though, based on a bunch of stuff. I'm a bit into Ultimate modding, and the hats definitely seem like something that's not possible with the current modding tools and things.
That kind of footage is illegal to redistribute, though. Nintendo weakening their legal toolbox for PR is a gamble I don't see them taking.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Other people's points for it being fake I'll try to rationalize:

"The DLC team is smaller than the base-game team, and the dude had 2 other people playing with him."

While a smaller team would probably be harder to get a leak out of, it'd still be a big team if they're able to work on multiple fighters and stuff at once. While the Ken leak was with a larger team since it was base-game, the person who leaked that one also had 3 other people playing with them, if testers don't have to control all four characters at once by themselves.

"Why hasn't Nintendo DMCA'd the videos yet?"

Not all ESRB videos were taken down (the leaker's ESRB videos themselves definitely were, but it seems at least a couple of youtube channels' videos are still up from before Smash 4 released, despite included ESRB Leak images and gameplay videos), and they didn't care about doing anything to keep the Ken leak from being noticed. This leak also came from 4chan, and they can't do anything to stop people from constantly sharing it because of that. It's possible that, if their system for taking down stuffs is automated, that's why nothing has happened from them, because they didn't prepare it for this. They did take down music that one time pre-release, but still; perhaps they also can't take legal action like this with the DMCAs and whatnot until they know who did it, which likely happened to the ESRB guy.

"People can mod it!"

The trolls whom claimed to make it and showed off their models couldn't match the quality and detail of the models in the leak, and they didn't show them in Smash. Even that one guy's Cacodemon hat model was missing some details and the texture seemed very simplistic compared to the leaked Cacodemon hat's. No modder has been able to successfully make a hat yet, too, only helmets/masks which completely replace the mii's head. I guess the Cacodemon hat is like a helmet, but since it still shows the mii's head (complete with facial expression) instead of unloading it as another person said helmets did, the game likely counts it as a hat.

"The Mallow hat being jiggly was disproven."

You got proof? How did you and your discord or whatever disprove it? From what I can see, the pirate hat correctly follows the head like every solid hat, while the Mallow hat deforms a bit to the side of the head for a moment as if it has a physics bone. There was another clip where you couldn't really/could just barely see anything, though, so understandable.

The Tails hat may have a physics bone, but it's for his hair. Mallow hat is a bit different.

"The French did it!"

Some trolls in their own discord with no proof, being rude? Doubt. One even claimed to find an old Mallow model for their mod, but no one has found the same model. Not even the Cacodemon's.

"Doomguy is too violent!"

-Bayonetta is a witch, tortures her enemies, is sexualized, has a lot more violence than just the torture...and has demons too.
-Snake has violent stuff happen in his games. If the mere presence of something is enough to not be allowed in by rating boards because of stuff in their game or things associated with them, one of the Metal Gear spirits wouldn't be in the game because of what happened to her and what she references.
-Joker has a gruesome method of summoning his persona, maybe some other stuff too.
-Nakoruru is a mii costume and her game has a lot of blood and whatnot.
-Doomguy himself just focuses on guns in the original Doom (though there is a chainsaw), and he has a soft side based on a few things in newer games. Blood isn't integral to his character, he just wants to kill demons.

That kind of footage is illegal to redistribute, though. Nintendo weakening their legal toolbox for PR is a gamble I don't see them taking.
They can't take legal action if they don't know the people who leaked it.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
You know sakurai said the dlc was first developed in a group of 3, joker hero and banjo. What if this was continued and the next set was just Terry doomguy and geno. Think about it

Character 1 was a total surprise with the insiders having to scramble at the last minute to retain credibility. (Joker,terry)

Later after there's time for sensitive info to really move around the company characters 2 and 3 get leaked way ahead of time in a confirmable way (datamine, banjo pic, mii costume leak).

Seems like an interesting coincidence to me.

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Look, I am not a fan of Mai myself, but i am sure there are ways to include her without making her too risque and without changing her too much. There has to be a way, right?
I mean, they could

But knowing how gamers are and how trigger happy to cry censorship

I think it would be best if they didn't brother to try

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
"People can mod it!"

The trolls whom claimed to make it and showed off their models couldn't match the quality and detail of the models in the leak. Even that one guy's Cacodemon hat model was missing some details and the texture seemed very simplistic compared to the leaked Cacodemon hat's. No modder has been able to successfully make a hat yet, too, only helmets/masks which completely replace the mii's head. I guess the Cacodemon hat is like a helmet, but since it still shows the mii's head (complete with facial expression) instead of unloading it as another person said helmets did, the game likely counts it as a hat.
The simple way for trolls/modders to "prove" it is possible is to make even a simple hat that works. Granted, it would be better if they can make a complex one/high quality, but granted a "simple" one is needed to add weight to that argument. This of course means the "proof" has to be a video, of a mii wearing this hat that still shows its expressions and lack of clipping. I await.

Oh, this does not include 3d renderings like some photos have surfaced or a proof of concept. Must be in video form, better yet, start of the game, selecting the mii and it's hat (play around with that menu a bit) and then battle it to show it works in the game, expressions and no-clipping and all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Other people's points for it being fake I'll try to rationalize:

"The DLC team is smaller than the base-game team, and the dude had 2 other people playing with him."

While a smaller team would probably be harder to get a leak out of, it'd still be a big team if they're able to work on multiple fighters and stuff at once. While the Ken leak was with a larger team since it was base-game, the person who leaked that one also had 3 other people playing with them, if testers don't have to control all four characters at once by themselves.

"Why hasn't Nintendo DMCA'd the videos yet?"

Not all ESRB videos were taken down (the leaker's ESRB videos themselves definitely were, but it seems at least a couple of youtube channels' videos are still up from before Smash 4 released, despite included ESRB Leak images and gameplay videos), and they didn't care about doing anything to keep the Ken leak from being noticed. This leak also came from 4chan, and they can't do anything to stop people from constantly sharing it because of that. It's possible that, if their system for taking down stuffs is automated, that's why nothing has happened from them, because they didn't prepare it for this. They did take down music that one time pre-release, but still; perhaps they also can't take legal action like this with the DMCAs and whatnot until they know who did it, which likely happened to the ESRB guy.

"People can mod it!"

The trolls whom claimed to make it and showed off their models couldn't match the quality and detail of the models in the leak. Even that one guy's Cacodemon hat model was missing some details and the texture seemed very simplistic compared to the leaked Cacodemon hat's. No modder has been able to successfully make a hat yet, too, only helmets/masks which completely replace the mii's head. I guess the Cacodemon hat is like a helmet, but since it still shows the mii's head (complete with facial expression) instead of unloading it as another person said helmets did, the game likely counts it as a hat.

"The Mallow hat being jiggly was disproven."

You got proof? How did you and your discord or whatever disprove it? From what I can see, the pirate hat correctly follows the head like every solid hat, while the Mallow hat deforms a bit to the side of the head for a moment as if it has a physics bone. There was another clip where you couldn't really/could just barely see anything, though, so understandable.

To speak more about the video takedown thing I really think Nintendo's choice in what videos to take down is weird cause while they did take down stuff relating to unannounced fighters and real leaks they also leave and let highly valuable leaks go for example this video right here:
(video for mobile)
This right here was a huge leak at the time as it was a leak for Galeem's boss battle with around 13k views Nintendo should've taken it down right? Nope. Nothing and that's strange. Why wouldn't they have taken down this video? It was obviously real and it had decent traction as 13k views is nothing to scoff at.

Whatever the case may be video takedowns aren't the end-all be all for debunking leaks as proven by this right here.

D

Deleted member

So my question regarding the Mallow leak now goes back to what that one guy was saying about Ken. He wasn't touched this patch. So what does that mean?
Well, the weak response is "Ken doesn't have to be affected by this patch for the costumes to be real, as it can be a future patch or just balance tests that we'll never see.", but the more concrete response is this one: https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1191324135781068800

The only person its illegal for is the guy who broke his contract by distributing it in the first place, if it's real. Nintendo retains the right to sue or whatever else they plan to do if they catch that guy, but for the average joe sharing the thing, we're all in the clear. Going after randoms on the internet proves that you have something to hide, and my thoughts line up with everyone else who believes Nintendo has learned their lesson and they're not going to go around proving a leak.

I mean, they could

But knowing how gamers are and how trigger happy to cry censorship

I think it would be best if they didn't brother to try
They did the right thing.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
To speak more about the video takedown thing I really think Nintendo's choice in what videos to take down is weird cause while they did take down stuff relating to unannounced fighters and real leaks they also leave and let highly valuable leaks go for example this video right here:

(video for mobile)
This right here was a huge leak at the time as it was a leak for Galeem's boss battle with around 13k views Nintendo should've taken it down right? Nope. Nothing and that's strange. Why wouldn't they have taken down this video? It was obviously real and it had decent traction as 13k views is nothing to scoff at.

Whatever the case may be video takedowns aren't the end-all be all for debunking leaks as proven by this right here.
I'm not gonna lie, I feel like smirking and rubbing this in people's faces. This amuses me so much.

But I won't. I'll calmly share it, of course.

geez I've been so excited by this leak, I need to calm down.

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
A Youtube channel is an actionable entity and Google can most certainly shut one down if they post material they shouldn't be. That is what I mean by redistributing illegal content. Whether Nintendo acts on it or not is the question. There is nothing preventing them from doing so.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
A Youtube channel is an actionable entity and Google can most certainly shut one down if they post material they shouldn't be. That is what I mean by redistributing illegal content. Whether Nintendo acts on it or not is the question. There is nothing preventing them from doing so.
As we've seen in the post above, Nintendo isn't terribly consistent with their takedowns. So even if they don't act, we really don't know for sure

Last edited:

GenoREBORN

Smash Rookie
PREDICTION:

Doom Slayer Reveal - Game Awards
Release - January
Mii - Cacodemon

Geno Reveal - January Nintendo Direct
Release - March (SMRPG turns 24)
Mii - Mallow
Bonus - SMRPG for NSO

In other words, 2 months remain ... (hopefully)

D

Deleted member

As we've seen in the post above, Nintendo isn't terribly consistent with their takedowns. So even if they don't act, we really don't know for sure
From what I've read, they have been acting on the Pokemon leaks. Dunno if that's Nintendo or The Pokemon Company, and obviously there's a lot to make guesses about.

Sucks for them that they have to deal with leaks for two of their games but I definitely get them prioritizing the cashcow over some DLC.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Been a slow day, so when I saw that J JarBear posted the list of missing costumes I decided to make a quick visual aid:

11-6-19_missing_mii-costumes_small3.jpg

One thing that was interesting about the costumes today is that there were no Sans-like "premium costumes." Sans could be unique in that regard. Although, I would love to see Crono and Terra Mii Costumes come alongside a Geno fighter pack with a track from Chrono Trigger and FFVI. Also, with Akira and Jacky returning, it's hard not to see most/all of these Smash 4 costumes returning at some point whether it's with another company representative or filling out a theme or genre. Fingers crossed that Geno and Chocobo return alongside a proper Geno fighter.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
(video for mobile)

Imo this is a super good counter against the “Nintendo hasn’t taken down the video yet, fake!” argument

D

Deleted member

Okay so I do have a quick question: Why would the Geno Mii costume return alongside Geno? If someone wanted Geno why would anyone go for the Mii Costume instead of the actual fighter if he did get in? Sure it doesn't hurt to port it over but would it really make that much money all things considered?

Wouldn't it be better to spend that dev time on making a different mii costume to go alongside Geno? kind of confusing tbh

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I also remember Sakurai recommended Fatal Fury Special in the presentation this morning and turns out that I had the game downloaded on the Switch way before Terry was announced and it’s also one of my favorites in the series. :grin:

D

Deleted member

Okay so I do have a quick question: Why would the Geno Mii costume return alongside Geno? If someone wanted Geno why would anyone go for the Mii Costume instead of the actual fighter if he did get in? Sure it doesn't hurt to port it over but would it really make that much money all things considered?

Wouldn't it be better to spend that dev time on making a different mii costume to go alongside Geno? kind of confusing tbh
Why did Inkling, K. Rool, Isabelle and Chrom's mii costumes return alongside all of them? I mentioned a long time back a list of what I thought made a character get a Mii costume, and one of those is that the actual character is seen as somehow too complex by Sakurai/the development team, so they want people to have the chance to play their favorite without having to dedicate the time it takes to play their favorite, since for the most part, Mii fighters are relatively easy to pick up and play.

Been a slow day, so when I saw that J JarBear posted the list of missing costumes I decided to make a quick visual aid:

One thing that was interesting about the costumes today is that there were no Sans-like "premium costumes." Sans could be unique in that regard. Although, I would love to see Crono and Terra Mii Costumes come alongside a Geno fighter pack with a track from Chrono Trigger and FFVI. Also, with Akira and Jacky returning, it's hard not to see most/all of these Smash 4 costumes returning at some point whether it's with another company representative or filling out a theme or genre. Fingers crossed that Geno and Chocobo return alongside a proper Geno fighter.
Maybe I'm just a moron or something, but I still don't get why people consider Sans this special case mii costume. Is it just the fact he came with a song? It can't just be because he gets a full face helmet rather than just an iconic hair style. Sans just looks good because he was always a bobble headed skeleton.

D

Deleted member

Finally get a chance to catch up on all the Pokemon Sword and Shield leaks. Then this all happened still excited for those games despite not getting ether. Galar is cool!

But honestly The Mii costume thing I'm unsure if their real and yeah something could happen but I'm going to say their just fake for now. Still man do I want them to be real cause definetly want DoomSlayer in . Plus Geno geez man this could finally be his time and I just want so badly for this to point towards him being in. I still believe in his and Doomslayer's chances.

Anyway Terry is an amazing character with faithful representation to King of Fighters and Fatal Fury. His moves like the jab, body blow upper kick combo, Sommersault kick, and Power Wave, and Rising Tackle among others plus his stage make him a great choice. Fun character glad he's in. Fun presentation great addition. Masahiro Sakurai is an amazing video game developer and human being.

Also don't know about character Pass #5 sure we'll hear about them soon enough!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm just a moron or something, but I still don't get why people consider Sans this special case mii costume. Is it just the fact he came with a song? It can't just be because he gets a full face helmet rather than just an iconic hair style. Sans just looks good because he was always a bobble headed skeleton.
I think it’s the fact that it came with Megalovania and it was acknowledged and discussed by Sakurai in a way no other mii costume had at that point. Usually they’re just kind of announced and that’s it.

OffBi

Smash Ace
I'm banking on this leak being real with doomguy being revealed at VGA and none of you can stop me

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I think it’s the fact that it came with Megalovania and it was acknowledged and discussed by Sakurai in a way no other mii costume had at that point. Usually they’re just kind of announced and that’s it.
I feel like it's also worth mentioning that it really is also because he came with a full (very well rendered) face, when ultimately, the vast majority of costumes with a character's face will just kind of awkwardly stuff the Mii's head into their big ol' moufs. Or, alternatively, they wear the character's head on top of their own head, right underneath the chin (see -> Isabelle costume).

There's just an unmistakable level of detail for the Sans costume, he'd literally just be Sans if he wasn't using movements and attacks directly from the Gunner. It's hilarious, honestly.

D

Deleted member

I feel like it's also worth mentioning that it really is also because he came with a full (very well rendered) face, when ultimately, the vast majority of costumes with a character's face will just kind of awkwardly stuff the Mii's head into their big ol' moufs. Or, alternatively, they wear the character's head on top of their own head, right underneath the chin (see -> Isabelle costume).

There's just an unmistakable level of detail for the Sans costume, he'd literally just be Sans if he wasn't using movements and attacks directly from the Gunner. It's hilarious, honestly.
Black Knight, Ray MK III and technically Spring Man and Ribbon Girl got the same kind of respect, but no one seems to notice that, I assume because they're salty those characters got the shaft while no one expected Sans to get anything.

D

Deleted member

Video Game awards are always a possibility for character Pack #5 if it's DoomSlayer he fits that audience we big first-person shooter character to match the hardcore game audience. Guess we'll see.

Firox

Smash Master
Why are you guys are so angry at other people opinions and takes

You can want a character and say a leak is fake, is not that deep

Maybe is because the aggressiveness here is why people have a "negative" bais lmao
It's important to actually READ people's comments.

Firstly, I never said that the people in question WERE full of ****. I said they COULD be full of ****. It's a simple fact that people can lie about something to further their own agenda. To think that literally everyone says what they really feel (especially in a public forum) is just naive.

Secondly, you're right, you can want a character and say a leak is fake, but don't pretend that there isn't a decent percentage of people that WANT the leak to be fake.

Thirdly, I nor anyone else I've seen on the last 50+ pages has expressed any outright antagonism for other fanbases or genuine skeptics. To assume any of us here is "angry" only brings your own sincerity into question.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Fatman made a lot of great points but one point he made irks me and I think it might be completely off the mark;

GameXplain

I say that because of this Twitter post

2ED3B242-3FA1-4B21-AA98-786543F6EC54.jpeg

And even if Jon hadn’t of said this; he and the rest of the crew still covered and bought into that 5chan leak a while ago that was completely fake and said Steve would be in instead of Banjo and Ryu Hayabusa would be in instead of Terry Bogard.

Regardless, Jon and Andre seem to be very pro-Geno, but I think they just like the character and that has nothing to do with leaks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom