• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
So now that the dust has settled and terry’s out, what is the most likely time we could see the new reveal?

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I skipped to this page so I could ask this question: Was the video leak with the Mallow and Cacodemon hats officially been addressed by an insider or do we not know yet? A lot of people assume it was because they weren't revealed with Terry. Why would they?
So far no insider actually knows. They haven't seen anything specifically confirming or denying it.

D

Deleted member

I skipped to this page so I could ask this question: Was the video leak with the Mallow and Cacodemon hats officially been addressed by an insider or do we not know yet? A lot of people assume it was because they weren't revealed with Terry. Why would they?
insiders officially responded "idk lol"

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
The mental picture of Jill Valentine rolling into a ball and "pooping" bombs made me literally lol. Geez, I'm gonna get so fired.
Yeah I was going to say chief but then I had the same mental image and it made me laugh more
Totally agree. Following that same logic, I think Terry and the Shotos have effectively killed the chance of any further vintage fighting game characters from getting in with the rest of this game's DLC as well.
I would have loved Terry if he was first, using snk as our fighting rep would make too much sense for smash given the history but as the bronze medal the novelty has mostly worn off.
I know, right?! In my defense though, I think the "originality factor" is being mostly just applied to the DLC.
I think he just kinda screwed himself there over time as stuff happened all together he didnt anticipate and I bet were going to see a sizable change in the Fe roster come smash 6

Last edited:

slopdop

Smash Cadet
That presentation was pretty much as I realistically expected overall, but hey it was still really fun and I'm so eager to learn how to Terry more later today.
(Also Kirby Bogard is possibly the cutest Kirby addition yet!)
As a lover of video game soundtracks I am super happy that we're getting 50 songs for not just Terry but for a lot of SNK! Speaking of which that new Pasta remix from Fatal Fury 2 sounded very familiar to the Route 10 Pokemon Black/White song that Yoko Shimomura arranged for Smash 4...
EIst0rBUwAw_TIS.jpg
Turns out she arranged this one too! Seeing more of her involvement with Ultimate's soundtrack is always a treat for me being one of my top favorite video game composers. Hopefully her SMRPG music will get to shine in this game someday!

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
If you hadn't skipped the page, you'd know the answer to that question
Based on how things have gone down, I will say that the Jiggle Mallow leak is very, very different from the Grinch Leak and I'll try to condense it to avoid making a wall of text:

-One of the cool things that Sabi did to prove they knew what they were talking about when I first met them last November is that they gave me breadcrumbs to chat logs and conversations among various insiders. Grinch Leak was well known to be fake by a lot of people and a number of insiders tried to steer the public away from it as gingerly as they could. Basically people knew it was fake but couldn't explain it in public without the strong possibility of Nintendo's boot snuggly implanted in their ass.

-Like I said the other day, GameExplain making not one but two videos on it within hours of each other is super suspect. A vast majority of the leaks they bother to cover wind up being real and this is primarily because of their strong connections with Nintendo.

-Behind closed doors, nobody knows if this is real or not while the Grinch Leak was almost an inside joke to insiders in comparison. I can verify that a good number of Sabi's bigger sources are on the fence about it while, for the Grinch Leak, they were able to shoot it down with a single glance based on what they knew.

-It lines up pretty well with how Nintendo will hide things or flat out lie to their employees to keep certain things a secret until the right time. The fact that this leak is a massive blind spot for so many insiders honestly says a lot. I also suspect this may be why Nintendo isn't going on a tear on social media about it, seeing how hilariously bad they fumbled the ESRB leak with Smash 4.

Like we've been saying, it's gotten to that point that someone especially noteworthy would need to shoot it down (not just doubt, full on disconfirmation) or the people behind the hoax would need to step forward and provide evidence that they did it to totally kill it.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
After sak's comments I'm now fully willing to pull jill/Leon out of the top seat. They don't have a ton to offer while still being true to how they are in RE as regular humans with guns and every argument I see for them is about RE's star power which he totally shot down today. Phoenix on the other hand fits it very well aesthetically, has been one of the few 3rd party characters to be popular around the ballot era and not just post joker, has a completely open-ended movetset for sak to go wild with and on top of all is probably more synonymous with Nintendo than any other capcom character besides Mega man. I think he might be the one.
Yeah I totally see your point. Phoenix would fit very well in Smash, but I feel like if capcom is the deciding factor it’d be RE. Theyre promoting it to no end rn and the ace attorney series seems kinda abandoned atm
I guess we wait.

Weird going through 5+ pages and seeing people being both optimistic and pessimistic about Geno's chances when nothing changed....expect Frogger is dead. :sadeyes:
Frogger couldnt make it across the road this time :(

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
So my question regarding the Mallow leak now goes back to what that one guy was saying about Ken. He wasn't touched this patch. So what does that mean?

D

Deleted member

So my question regarding the Mallow leak now goes back to what that one guy was saying about Ken. He wasn't touched this patch. So what does that mean?
It means Ken wasn't touched in the patch.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Means we don't know squat, but it hasn't been disproven

StarLight42

Smash Lord
PapaGenos is saying that his leaker can be wrong sometimes, but the Mallow/Smithy part is still legit.

Personally, I don’t buy it. Maybe i’m being unnecessarily skeptical but at this point Smithy is a Mii Costume I need to see to believe.

Even Mallow is kind of a hard guess at a Mii costume even if Geno were to get into Smash, Smithy is a whole nother level entirely

Firox

Smash Master
I think he just kinda screwed himself there over time as stuff happened all together he didnt anticipate and I bet were going to see a sizable change in the Fe roster come smash 6
I'm hoping that if Chrom, Roy and Lucina make it into Smash 6, they'll get the "Lucas/Falco" treatment and have much of their movesets changed to make them more unique.

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
So after going through Terry's moveset, tests, classic mode, and his full spirit board, I can say that Nintendo has absolutely nailed Terry. He's fun to play, but not overly complicated as to warrant 40+ hours of hard mental practice.

The thing I like most about Terry is that he won't accidentally kill himself as easily as Ken or Ryu with their side specials.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I remember reading that day they made a mistake in their test and it wasn't different at all.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I’m sorry but this reeks of pure bull****tery

Wern’t the detractors of this leak JUST saying how Ken’s damage output could be replicated in the patch before 6.0.0, and it did not credit the leak?

And now they’re saying that Ken being unchanged in the patch is a point against it?

There are some people that just can’t stand this leak being real and pull out any sort of evidence from their ass to disprove it.

I’ve been skeptical since day one; and still am, but there’s a difference between healthy skepticism and downright denial.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Hey, I wanna hear your input on this. I haven't seen this anywhere else and apparently it was shared in a discord group (the still frame):

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I don't think it's real, but it's fun to entertain the idea of Doomguy getting revealed near Samus, if that is supposed to be her on the right.

[EDIT] Don't know why it included that other tweet, please ignore that lol.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah I totally see your point. Phoenix would fit very well in Smash, but I feel like if capcom is the deciding factor it’d be RE. Theyre promoting it to no end rn and the ace attorney series seems kinda abandoned atm

Frogger couldnt make it across the road this time :(
That's true and if they push for it it might happen, that said AA is totally not dead, I mean there was 5 games on 3ds alone the last of which was only 2 years ago and they still have the anime I believe is planned for continuation for the foreseeable future.

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
as a reluctant skeptic of the CacoMallow leak, some people do bring up a good point- why haven’t the videos been DCMA’d yet? Isn’t that, like, Nintendo’s specialty?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey, I wanna hear your input on this. I haven't seen this anywhere else and apparently it was shared in a discord group (the still frame):

I don't think it's real, but it's fun to entertain the idea of Doomguy getting revealed near Samus, if that is supposed to be her on the right.
There’s just one problem. Didn’t an NOA insider source deconfirm Crash for FP5?

anyway Terry was showcased TODAY so this leak is automatically bunk

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh.
Uhh Crash? I'm talking about the supposed Doom Slayer reveal frame near the bottom.
I was looking at the tweet above it, but as for the leak of the trailer supposedly... it could just be a Blender or SFM render. Remember that pic of Ness and Giygas like a year ago? That was supposed to possibly hint at porky?

there’s not even a “not actual gameplay footage” on this one which they always have during the CGI portions

Davidius

Smash Journeyman

That's probably just this Doom Eternal figure.

McFarlane-Doom-Slayer-003_2048x@2x.jpg

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Terry’s pretty fun to play and nice to see the track list has songs from Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown as well.

Also...

727762B0-AB4D-47E1-B018-F394A439B6EA.gif

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Terry is playable today so that’s fake

And for the doom guy pic I guaranteed you some one will find it that could just be a action figure

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
LOVING all this new metal slug music being in smash. Might just be my favorite thing they added today lol.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I was on Sabi's discord earlier and it was funny to see the rationalization some people were making for the mii hats already being "proven fake". I would point out they haven't been actually been replicated in-game, with mii facial expressions, the fighter icon, etc. and they responded with "There hasn't been enough time". I reminded them modders pretty much agree that it's legit or are at least on the fence and they brought up some random person from the discord who is a modder who says it's fake without showing any evidence as to it being doable. Like people just kept going in circles saying "It's been proven fake because modders. It doesn't matter that it hasn't been replicated yet it doesn't need to be 100% replicated this one modder said it's doable". And that was enough for them to throw it out as fake despite all the things pointing to it being legit.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

A) They got the release date wrong
B) They never had 2 directs (even with Smash presentations in mind). When it comes to Pokemon thing, The Pokemon Company always do their own thing unless its E3.
C) The only time they potentially reveal two characters is at E3.. not in a random direction..
D) Both Vergeben and Sabi has said that Crash isn¨t in the fighters pass.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
A) They got the release date wrong
B) They never had 2 directs (even with Smash presentations in mind). When it comes to Pokemon thing, The Pokemon Company always do their own thing unless its E3.
C) The only time they potentially reveal two characters is at E3.. not in a random direction..
D) Both Vergeben and Sabi has said that Crash is in the fighters pass.
i don't know if i want to believe D. there.

Firox

Smash Master
I was on Sabi's discord earlier and it was funny to see the rationalization some people were making for the mii hats already being "proven fake". I would point out they haven't been actually been replicated in-game, with mii facial expressions, the fighter icon, etc. and they responded with "There hasn't been enough time". I reminded them modders pretty much agree that it's legit or are at least on the fence and they brought up some random person from the discord who is a modder who says it's fake without showing any evidence as to it being doable. Like people just kept going in circles saying "It's been proven fake because modders. It doesn't matter that it hasn't been replicated yet it doesn't need to be 100% replicated this one modder said it's doable". And that was enough for them to throw it out as fake despite all the things pointing to it being legit.
It's amazing how blind people can be when they don't WANT to see. Of course it works the opposite way too when people see things that aren't there, but still, their negative bias is showing BIG TIME.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
This falls exactly in line with what I said in my last post, I suggest giving it a read.

Tldr, some people want the leak to be fake so bad and are pulling the ****tiest evidence out of their ass to “disprove” it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom