• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
No; Those totally look FAKE. . . Like they were modded over existing Helmets & hats; That Doom helmet looks like a Re-modded Meta Knight Mii Fighter Helmet. . .
The Mallow and Cacodemon stuff? Unless you personally have found a way to get around the issue, the sizing algorithm prevents Mii hats(not helmets since they fully replace the model, just hats) from being added in, and no one has publicly found a workaround yet.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Something that a couple of people brought up about the Game Awards: It really doesn't make the best place for new reveals. Like, with directs people can plan and know when exactly information is coming, but TGA kinda has it all spread out. That really makes it so less people are going to watch and pay attention/record reactions. If Smash is the only thing that interests you about TGA, then you might be waiting for awhile. And that makes me sad since not everyone that would watch a Direct is going to watch a whole 2-3 hour awards show just for one bit of information. The only way around this would be if Nintendo explicitly states ahead of time that Fighter 5 would be showcased. But I sadly doubt that will happen.

I just really enjoy reactions, and having reveals at awards shows like that one really alienates the potential audience. I do want info soon, but that's definitely a price we'd have to pay for it sadly.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
???
I don't think you know what you're talking about(?)
It's very clear based off countless failed attempts by modders that these "mods" are almost impossible to replicate with 100% accuracy. It's always been either:
•Inaccurate hat designs
•covers Mii face
•never used in an actual replay of Smash
•never used in Smash period
or
•lack the jiggle
Based on their other posts, it seems like their reasoning is "I don't want the Doom Slayer to be in Smash - therefore, it's fake."
I Just hope Geno's part of Fighter Pack 5 AND N-O-T DOOMSLAYER!!!
As Much as I Want Geno in smash; I DON'T Want doom in the game as well. . . and If I can't have Geno without Doomslayer; I'm Not interested. . .
I could be wrong, but the above posts are all I have to go on. I'm not sure whether it's real or fake; I have no idea how difficult modding can be, and people have gone to extreme lengths to make fake Smash leaks before, as we saw with ArtsyOmni and the Grinch leak.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I still think we’ll see at least two reveals before the end of the year. If we dont end up having a smash direct before the end of the year, this is gonna be a quiet december for nintendo. There’s currently no first party releases for the month, and I dont think there’s second party either. They’ve gotta be doing SOMETHING that month.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Something that a couple of people brought up about the Game Awards: It really doesn't make the best place for new reveals. Like, with directs people can plan and know when exactly information is coming, but TGA kinda has it all spread out. That really makes it so less people are going to watch and pay attention/record reactions. If Smash is the only thing that interests you about TGA, then you might be waiting for awhile. And that makes me sad since not everyone that would watch a Direct is going to watch a whole 2-3 hour awards show just for one bit of information. The only way around this would be if Nintendo explicitly states ahead of time that Fighter 5 would be showcased. But I sadly doubt that will happen.

I just really enjoy reactions, and having reveals at awards shows like that one really alienates the potential audience. I do want info soon, but that's definitely a price we'd have to pay for it sadly.
The thing is, Fighter #5 not being revealed by the TGAs would be a bad thing... for the TGAs. They certainly don’t want every big new announcement dragged down by “is this Smash?” speculation, which will inevitably leave a subset of viewers disappointed for every trailer that isn’t.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
My expectation is in no particular order
Lloyd with a heihachi and gil costume,
Geno with the geno and chocobo costume,
Doomguy with the x and .exe costumes
And a capcom(betting on Phoenix)rep with the hunter and rathalos costumes. (These last 2 sets can switch obviously)

The fact that the remaining costumes all pair well together makes me think their choices for which comes when is very planned out.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Say, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , do you know if VR Plant's prediction had anything to do with the presentation, or is it still up in the air and neither proven or disproven yet?
PapaGenos never made it public but given the fact that he was cool as a cucumber about it was one of the things that gave me confidence that Jiggle Mallow was still going to be a topic of conversation after the presentation.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
It is fair to note that even if Doomslayer gets in, if you genuinely do not want the character in your game, all DLC is available in separate increments, so you could just bypass the inclusion entirely.

Honestly, I feel like we're way past the point of "character x will taint my game, therefore the whole batch is ruined if they're here!", it's not worth discarding the entire thing in the event someone you don't like is present in the roster. It's a videogame, man.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
PapaGenos never made it public but given the fact that he was cool as a cucumber about it was one of the things that gave me confidence that Jiggle Mallow was still going to be a topic of conversation after the presentation.
One guess is VR plant was saying that the "leak" costumes were not coming. Hence keeping Papa Hype.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Over on Discord Papa just said that VR Plant's prediction was character related.
Character related? As in not appearing in the presentation, since there would be no reveal then, but at a later date?

If it is a character, the character part alone is all I need to know.

Latyon

Smash Cadet
Character related? As in not appearing in the presentation, since there would be no reveal then, but at a later date?

If it is a character, the character part alone is all I need to know.
"No vr plants prediction was character(s) related. But just a prediction. They were thinking no character reveal today because they hadn’t heard anything and probably would have if there was a character reveal planned. pretty sure sabi said that part publicly. So that was true from them. " ~ Papa

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
"No vr plants prediction was character(s) related. But just a prediction. They were thinking no character reveal today because they hadn’t heard anything and probably would have if there was a character reveal planned. pretty sure sabi said that part publicly. So that was true from them. " ~ Papa
So it did have to do with the presentation? The prediction wasn't about no characters being revealed in the presentation, was it?

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
So I just realize something remarkable just now guys, we are just 291 pages away from surpassing the Smash 4 Ridley thread which is the biggest support thread in Smashboards history.
We're gonna top that easily - just wait for his REVEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Things came up early this morning and I wasn't able to watch the live event, but once again I'm glad to see we're still in the running. Anyway, I got to watching the video and I'm just gushing over that Sakurai quote about character relevancy. I also love the fact that we basically got a Sakurai let's play out of it with Terry in classic mode. I had a good time.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
It's amazing to see how fast were moving now, I think the mallow leak has created a definite endpoint to that goal but if we continue at this pace we could reach it by the end of the year, heck if it Doesn't dip at all we would be dobt before the end of November!

Anyway my current expectation for the dlc lineup now is

Doomguy
/////////////
Geno
Ryu h.
Lloyd
Crash
Phoenix(at least capcom)
/////////////
(Please sakurai)
//////////////////////

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Speaking of Papa, from his discord he still thinks the Mallow/Smithy initial text leak may still be legit since the person has connections, but gets good and bad info. So it STILL can be true, at least that leak since it did get Rocket Grunt and Goemon correct, with the Grunt being the most random to even try to predict. (granted, I still am holding on to a large grain of salt since it is still a text leak.)

That with the video footage of the Mallow hat, it is still possible. I am curious about the video ... waiting to see if anyone claims it or not ... the quality is too good to be faked to me still ... at least with the current state of modding right now ... This one seems, I must stress that SEEMS, more legit than not.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I do wonder what PapaGenos and Sabi think about the first mii costume list at this point and whether Papa has gotten into contact with the guy who gave him that list. I still feel the first mii costume list is still very much valid even if the SNK specific one was fake.

Edit: Oh nevermind lol J JarBear covered it

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It's amazing to see how fast were moving now, I think the mallow leak has created a definite endpoint to that goal but if we continue at that pace we could reach it by the end of the year, heck if it Does t dip at all we would be dobt before the end of November!

Doomguy
/////////////
Geno
Ryu h.
Lloyd
Crash
Phoenix(at least capcom)
/////////////
(Please sakurai)
Would not be mad over this. I feel we will get a Smash Direct in December to commemorate Ultimate turning a year old. Reveal fighter 5, talk about future DLC and surprise reveal.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would not be mad over this. I feel we will get a Smash Direct in December to commemorate Ultimate turning a year old. Reveal fighter 5, talk about future DLC and surprise reveal.
That makes sense, since this technically wasn’t a direct, like the Hero presentation wasn’t a direct either

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, what's your beef with Doomslayer? I mean, he's not exactly one of my "must haves" either but I would gladly take him if it meant getting Geno.
1st. Doomslayer Doesn't fit Smash Bros
2nd. he's too hardcore edgy to work in a light-hearted E10+ Game(He's basically Master Chief's Precursor)
3rd. he comes from A Gory game

no one has publicly found a workaround yet.
Maybe that's so they don't get caught by the Big N, or so they don't patch the game to prevent them from doing it again

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Over on Discord Papa just said that VR Plant's prediction was character related.
If he predicted a specific character im calling Geno.
It's amazing to see how fast were moving now, I think the mallow leak has created a definite endpoint to that goal but if we continue at this pace we could reach it by the end of the year, heck if it Doesn't dip at all we would be dobt before the end of November!

Doomguy
/////////////
Geno
Ryu h.
Lloyd
Crash
Phoenix(at least capcom)
/////////////
(Please sakurai)
//////////////////////
My prediction list is essentially the same

5. Doomguy
(Next fighters are probably separate releases)
6.Geno
7.Ryu
8.Crash
9.Lloyd
10.Leon/Jill (Phoenix Wright is guess #2 for capcom)
11.Master Chief
12. The end times character (whoever that may be)

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
My 2 cents on doom is that like any character behind a standing fan rule I wasn't going to take him seriously untill real evidence came out, which it did. I personally wouldn't include him in my vision of smash but I don't think he is anywhere egregious enough to avoid completing my roster over just kinda boring. I hope they make him a sort of cable-like with a hyper viper-esque special with the bfg.

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
no one has publicly found a workaround yet.
Maybe that's so they don't get caught; or exposed by

5. Doomguy
6.Geno
7.Ryu
8.Crash
9.Lloyd
11.Master Chief
7. Ryu's already IN Smash

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Based on how things have gone down, I will say that the Jiggle Mallow leak is very, very different from the Grinch Leak and I'll try to condense it to avoid making a wall of text:

-One of the cool things that Sabi did to prove they knew what they were talking about when I first met them last November is that they gave me breadcrumbs to chat logs and conversations among various insiders. Grinch Leak was well known to be fake by a lot of people and a number of insiders tried to steer the public away from it as gingerly as they could. Basically people knew it was fake but couldn't explain it in public without the strong possibility of Nintendo's boot snuggly implanted in their ass.

-Like I said the other day, GameExplain making not one but two videos on it within hours of each other is super suspect. A vast majority of the leaks they bother to cover wind up being real and this is primarily because of their strong connections with Nintendo.

-Behind closed doors, nobody knows if this is real or not while the Grinch Leak was almost an inside joke to insiders in comparison. I can verify that a good number of Sabi's bigger sources are on the fence about it while, for the Grinch Leak, they were able to shoot it down with a single glance based on what they knew.

-It lines up pretty well with how Nintendo will hide things or flat out lie to their employees to keep certain things a secret until the right time. The fact that this leak is a massive blind spot for so many insiders honestly says a lot. I also suspect this may be why Nintendo isn't going on a tear on social media about it, seeing how hilariously bad they fumbled the ESRB leak with Smash 4.

Like we've been saying, it's gotten to that point that someone especially noteworthy would need to shoot it down (not just doubt, full on disconfirmation) or the people behind the hoax would need to step forward and provide evidence that they did it to totally kill it.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
2nd. he's too hardcore edgy to work in a light-hearted E10+ Game(He's basically Master Chief's Precursor)

Maybe that's so they don't get caught by the Big N, or so they don't patch the game to prevent them from doing it again
That’s... not how modding works. Nintendo wouldn’t care about people doing that, no patch specifically for that would ever happen and never has. All of Nintendo’s anti-modding stuff has specifically been against console-level mods that allow piracy, not harmless cosmetics that you can’t even go online with.

D

Deleted member

bad argument
Have you played Bayonetta or Persona?
Who cares?

If we're getting Geno because we're getting Doom Guy, that's the goal here. This whole thread is thrilled to bits as soon as Geno is announced and for me personally, they could put literally any character in afterwards and I wouldn't care. Being petty to the point that you don't want Geno if it means some character you don't want is absolutely ridiculous.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Think he means Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, a popularly speculated character
OK. . . That makes much more sense;

At least We'll finally have a majority of the Original playable cast of the exploding Rabbit online flash game: Super Mario Bros Crossover in SSBU
1. Mario
2. Samus
3. Simon Belmont
4. Link
5. Mega Man

all that's left is Bill Rizer & Ryu Hayabusa

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

5. Doomguy
6.Geno
7.Ryu
8.Crash
9.Lloyd
11.Master Chief
After sak's comments I'm now fully willing to pull jill/Leon out of the top seat. They don't have a ton to offer while still being true to how they are in RE as regular humans with guns and every argument I see for them is about RE's star power which he totally shot down today. Phoenix on the other hand fits it very well aesthetically, has been one of the few 3rd party characters to be popular around the ballot era and not just post joker, has a completely open-ended moveset for sak to go wild with and on top of all is probably more synonymous with Nintendo than any other capcom character besides Mega man. I think he might be the one.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I guess we wait.

Weird going through 5+ pages and seeing people being both optimistic and pessimistic about Geno's chances when nothing changed....expect Frogger is dead. :sadeyes:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I still believe the mii list papa got but for the people who don’t let me give you my theory why he got a few wrong. Sabi has made it clear yesterday that the reason why the noa source can’t confirm/debunk the mii hat leak because not many people know/ care about mii info. So it’s possiable the source heard different costumes from different people. So all and all I would not count this leak out just yet.
Even NOA knows they're garbage, except for Sans.

Honestly hate these Mii Costumes segments during the presentation. It gets my heart racing from pure nervousness. Like, who's going to die next? Just glad to see Doomguy & Geno aren't Mii Costumes... yet. Anything can happen.

He-Was-Number-Wan

Smash Rookie
>be Bayonetta
>kill God and rip and tear through angels
>be naked half the time
>never make it into Smash (?)

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

2 and 3 are pretty much the same point, just worded differently. Also, I'm pretty sure Persona 5 had some blood in it too. Not only that but both Joker and Snake have realistic looking weapons too, so you can't bring up that argument either.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
1. Solid Snake and Bayonetta would like a word with you.
2. Solid Snake and Bayonetta would like a second word with you.
3. Solid Snake and Bayonetta would like a third word with you.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
1. Solid Snake and Bayonetta would like a word with you.
2. Solid Snake and Bayonetta would like a second word with you.
3. Solid Snake and Bayonetta would like a third word with you.
Don’t forget Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom