• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I know how people acted when Geno didn¨t get announced with EVO that everyone was so sure about... it wasn¨t sunshine and rainbows exactly (to say the least). That's why I pointed it out because hyping yourself up for potentially nothing isn¨t good. Rather the oposite
Please, please, please don't over hype again. I can't take another Grinch debacle. I refuse to hype myself up for this. I won't do it. Everything is going to backfire all over again and I don't want to be upset when it happens. I'm going down, guys. I'll be avoiding it until we get conclusive evidence on whether the costumes are real or not

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Please bear in mind that the legitimacy or lack thereof vis a vis the costume leak largely has no effect on geno's chances. Our best lead is and has always been that lack of a geno costume. As long as that doesn't feature, we're not out of the race

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
im assuming the costumes are real but dont mean anything for geno or doomguy
This is where I'm at right now. I think the leak is real, but it could just as easily mean nothing for Geno and Doomguy. I still think that the Geno Mii Costume could come back and they just wanted to give something extra to the SMRPG fans, as disappointing as that would be.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I hope you at least care about representation...because you're gonna miss me when I'm gone...
No one will miss you when you’re gone. Quit posting in other character threads about your wants. Go to your own thread and cry about your own problems. Seriously, you have an issue mentally I think, you need to take time off the internet. You post like a psycho half the time in.

anyway, let’s go Geno.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I think people are kidding themselves if they think anyone aside from Terry is being shown off. Sakurai has a habit of messing with us, but he doesn't have a habit of outright lying to us (though there could be a new mode, since he said "pretty much" in his quote. So technically allowing some wiggle room... who knows, maybe that datamined mode).

Also, Nintendo wouldn't sabotage their own viewership by lying. Think about it, some people either don't care about Terry/SNK games, so they won't tune in. But if there was hope of a new character, then lots would tune in.

I have no idea what will fill the 45 minutes, but I really think people are kidding themselves if they think anyone but Terry is being shown off. Nintendo wouldn't set a precedent that they outright lie like this. They are definitely setting a precedent that no matter who unlikely it may seem (due to outside circumstances like potential leaks), if Nintendo says no new characters, there are no new characters.

I now think that it is likely the next character is revealed at the Game Awards.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

I feel like Frogger and geno go well as dlc reveals, since geno's best friend is already a frog

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't understand how I can take breaks from this thread and still come back to a gender discussion.

I'm a girl. I would love some woman characters as dlc. The problem is, video games didn't start having strong female leads till recently (in terms of how old we are on average) Most people want characters from video games they played in their youths. And a majority of those games featured prominently male lead characters with female characters playing supporting/minor roles. Heck my wishlist is all male characters because of this. It's hard to justify not adding the male lead in most cases.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Guys, I just thought of a theory. Back with Smash 4, Cloud was revealed in November, right afterwards, they announced a broadcast for December. I do think we are getting an announcement at the Game Awards, but if not, I think they might announce another broadcast for December. It would make sense, because if that video leak is real and Geno and Doom Slayer are being release alongside those Mii Costumes, that would mean that they are being developed alongside each other. The thing is, there is only one more fighter for the fighters pass. What I'm thinking is that maybe, just maybe, there will be a Smash broadcast in December that will show off fighters pass 5, plus possibility even more info on DLC post fighters pass, maybe with Geno being announced. Just a thought though.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Yeah... about that...

Don't expect much outside of Terry and SNK content from tomorrow.
Which is great because it opens the door for doomguy reveal at VGA

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I really ****ing hope people are listening to the words Sakurai is putting out there regarding no new fighters. We’re not getting any news on them tomorrow, and this is the most blatant “hype responsibly” PR statement since “Don’t expect too many newcomers.” 45 minutes does not in any way mean were getting some special presentation. That is compounded by the fact that they chose to call this a livestream and not go for a full Nintendo Direct moniker like they could have. This is going to be Sakurai, SNK, and Terry almost entirely. At best I could see him detailing Wave 2 without announcing characters, but they’ve been absolutely clear on this point. This isn’t a genera “Smash presentation,” this is a specific “Terry presentation.”

If we somehow get a character tomorrow despite all of this, great. But if we don’t like most people are expecting already and people are moaning about a 45 minute specific video that warned you before hand of no newcomers, I’m legitimately going to be pissed at those people.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

I don't understand how I can take breaks from this thread and still come back to a gender discussion.

I'm a girl. I would love some woman characters as dlc. The problem is, video games didn't start having strong female leads till recently (in terms of how old we are on average) Most people want characters from video games they played in their youths. And a majority of those games featured prominently male lead characters with female characters playing supporting roles. Heck my wishlist is all male characters
One could argue that geno, being a star, is genderless

very long post.
I'm certainly not expecting a reveal. A vga reveal would gel perfectly with their February deadline. At this point I'm hoping for a gamemode of some sort, since it wasn't directly stated that there wouldn't be any new ones. Just "probably". Though it's definitely not an expectation

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
A lot of people continue to say that their are simply too many female protags in indie games while males still predominantly rule AAA games but this isn't true. I can easily list off more male protags in indie games than I can females.
Male: Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Issac, Quote, Joey Drew, Jason Frudnick, Bec, etc.
Female: Shantae, Sash Lilac, Joey Claire, Hornet,... eh?
I think more characters would be nice but female protags just aren't all that common until recent years.

link2702

Smash Champion
Unless they updated every single fighter and are also going into detail on their changes, I just can’t see how they’re gonna drag one character showcase out for a full 45 minutes.

Even if he’s got his team mechanic in, it shouldn’t take a full 45 minutes to showcase terry. 20 minutes tops would be enough to show him and his stage off.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
So the Frogger leak, as I'm referring to it as now, not only predicted the November 6 date but also claims certain Mii costumes will be shown off.

If it is true that there are no new reveals in the presentation, as Nintendo is claiming, but yet the presentation includes these specific things:
Mii Fighter Costumes such as Geese, Heihachi, Lloyd, and Hollow Knight.
The stage is called King of Fighters Stadium (while not super hard to guess IS a part of the leak).
A new online mode coming with 6.0, called Slipspace (which we know was datamined at a prior point, doesn't make anything less valid).

Then we're still in the money, and the leak can be seen as potentially legit and accurate, which means Doom Slayer, Geno, and Frogger down the line. (Two of those consist with the recent Mii Costume leak).

Now, I'm not saying to put stock in this leak, but I am saying to keep an eye out during the presentation.

Of course, this is again only plausible if Nintendo isn't lying about the "no unrevealed fighters" remark.
I agree. Also, i think if there is a new mode and it isnt called Slipstream, the other info could still be correct.

EDIT: I meant Slipspace and I'm just seeing it now. Dang autocorrect lol

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just think there will be some 6.0 things they will decide to show off. Still not sure how that gets to 45 minutes, but we will find out then.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's not really a can of worms I want to open here, but Geno identified himself with male pronouns in game so he is male.
It's something he inherited from the doll. His name isn't Geno after all, as he just chooses to name himself after the doll, so the same could probably be said about pronouns. I don't think stuff like that would matter to him though, as he just chose the doll he thought was the most powerful rather than some other factor.

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Unless they updated every single fighter and are also going into detail on their changes, I just can’t see how they’re gonna drag one character showcase out for a full 45 minutes.

Even if he’s got his team mechanic in, it shouldn’t take a full 45 minutes to showcase terry. 20 minutes tops would be enough to show him and his stage off.
It could be that the new mode in 6.0 is really beefy. If it's the last mode, I can see them making it as detailed as possible. So 20 minutes for Terry + his stage, 5 minutes for Amiibo + Mii Costumes + other bonus stuff, 20 minutes talking about the new mode. That's pretty much 45 minutes

Mariobro_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mariobro_WiiU
3DS FC
1805-2375-5612
Switch FC
7913-4114-6709
something that's been in the back of my mind since the doom/mallow (or should i say doomallow) leak started going around is the thought of:
what if the Mallow mii costume is real, and it gets announced in the upcoming presentation... ..alongside the Geno mii costume?
that's the worst case scenario to me and i'm hoping it doesn't end up happening.
the possibility of that happening (along with just not wanting to 100% believe any leaks overall) is really the main thing keeping me from getting really excited about this whole thing

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
something that's been in the back of my mind since the doom/mallow (or should i say doomallow) leak started going around is the thought of:
what if the Mallow mii costume is real, and it gets announced in the upcoming presentation... ..alongside the Geno mii costume?
that's the worst case scenario to me and i'm hoping it doesn't end up happening.
the possibility of that happening (along with just not wanting to 100% believe any leaks overall) is really the main thing keeping me from getting really excited about this whole thing
If I recall correct, there has not been a time where a series has gotten two mii costumes and not had a fighter to go along with the series.

Dynamic Worlok

Won't know until we get there, really. All we can do is keep hoping that our wishes haven't fallen on deaf ears

So, has Sabi confirmed if the Mii costume leak was real or not yet?
Still unknown

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Sabi implies they know something and PapaGenos said VRplant made a "prediction" in private so what I'll say is that if there's no character it will probably still be something worth our time.
What the hell, I'm always ready to roll the dice on that crazy conspiratorial optimism of yours. Let's do it!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sabi implies they know something and PapaGenos said VRplant made a "prediction" in private so what I'll say is that if there's no character it will probably still be something worth our time.
You’re not saying something could still happen this month, are you?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think it might just be detailing the plan for the next set of fighters like how many there will be and what time frame we can expect them in.

D

Deleted member

It could be that the new mode in 6.0 is really beefy. If it's the last mode, I can see them making it as detailed as possible. So 20 minutes for Terry + his stage, 5 minutes for Amiibo + Mii Costumes + other bonus stuff, 20 minutes talking about the new mode. That's pretty much 45 minutes
This potential new mode would have to be on par with World of Light to take 20 minutes to talk about, considering that they spent even less time than that explaining how spirits and spirit battles work.

inb4 Slipspace is the Subspace everyone has asked for

Damn it, I was really hoping Nintendo had spared me the need to figure out how I'm going to watch this thing and go to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom