• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I wouldn't put it past them to say something like that to keep our expectations in check... or to trick us.
Even trying to keep expectations in check seems odd and counter-productive. You'd think they would want people as excited about it as possible, so more would actually watch it, right? I dunno. Maybe I'm just tired. I suppose we'll see soon enough, anyway.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really doubt Nintendo wants to set a precedent of us never believing them again.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is there something about Terry from SNK that lends itself to 40 minutes of explaining how he plays? If he had an input mechanic like Ryu and Ken I doubt even that would take that long.

His stage didn't look too intensive.

Mii costumes that come with usually don't hog up much time.

It's odd that they'd say 40 plus minutes and then say ''NO NEW FIGHTERS K THNX BYE."

But I'm also not getting hyped up and let down either.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Is there something about Terry from SNK that lends itself to 40 minutes of explaining how he plays? If he had an input mechanic like Ryu and Ken I doubt even that would take that long.

His stage didn't look too intensive.

Mii costumes that come with usually don't hog up much time.

It's odd that they'd say 40 plus minutes and then say ''NO NEW FIGHTERS K THNX BYE."

But I'm also not getting hyped up and let down either.
I mean, they're probably just saying, "Don't get TOO excited for those 40 minutes."
Probably a super awesome new mode and/or new stages.
Also could be the announcement of an official Nintendo tournament.

ZelDan

Smash Master
It's possible we could get some sort of content that isn't a playable character beyond Terry and his stage, music, and spirits.

What that content could be, I don't know. If I recall, Sakurai said that there wasn't really any new modes down the pipeline, except maybe 1. So...maybe we'll see whatever that 1 mode will be?

maybe Sakurai will explain how he's handling post-fighter pass DLC without actually revealing any actual characters? maybe we'll learn if we're getting another pass or passes or if we are just getting individual packs. maybe we will find out how much DLC he has lined up, or maybe he will say what kind of content we can expect in each DLC (ie will all get music? All get a stage? Will it vary from character to character?)

OffBi

Smash Ace
I don't know about y'all, but I think that, if it really is just sakurai talking about Terry for 45 minutes, it's actually good for us because then doomguy can get revealed at VGA

RingJ5

Smash Ace
What I’m personally expecting:

-Starting off with Terry’s history, potentially with the anecdote of KOF’s influence on Smash.

-Going into the move list, most likely with command inputs and meter. Optionally, they could side-track here to announce an officially licensed Smash arcade stick.

-They show off the stage and list off the music, and then it’s time for some live gameplay, probably against Ken.

-Now, the big thing that everyone’s been waiting for: Mii Costumes. There are five options here depending on what’s going to be announced, and in my opinion they are:

-Great End: The Frogger leak’s list is true, and we’re most likely getting Doomguy, Geno, and Frogger.

-Good End: PG’s source’s list of SNK costumes comes true, the previous Mallow/Smithy leak gains further credibility, and by association the big video leak gets a bit as well. This one’s the most likely, in my opinion.

-Neutral End: Neither list is entirely correct, and anything goes.

-Bad End: Geno Mii Costume.

-Massacre End: That one really ****ty 4chan post about a bunch of “premium costumes” comes true.

-Though this could certainly happen before the costumes, I’m putting it after: At least one new online mode is announced. Potential candidates are an expanded tournament mode, the endless battle of “Slipspace”, or something as simple as “Squad Strike, but online”.

-This is where I think they could throw a curveball, with something like a WoL expansion(or, and this is a total personal want rather than a prediction, them finally adding in local co-op like they did for the Spirit Board) or a special DLC stage.

-Now, to close things down, a recap of the incoming Amiibo wave.

-Finally, I could see them ending things off with some kind of small tease of... well, not who the next character is, but when we should expect the next character announcement(s).

I think all that could fill 45 minutes pretty well, even with “rambling”.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, if we do get something like a Slipspace showcase in the presentation, even that would look good for us. That Frogger leak implied that there wouldn't be any new character announcements for the Terry showcase tomorrow, so having Slipspace would line up well. Of course, there is always the chance that it lines up well out of sheer luck, but who knows?

Edit: And the costumes as well.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
One of her sources apparently said that they don’t believe it, but they didn’t know for sure and would try asking someone else who would know 100%.
No, the source she asked apparently had a reaction that suggested it might be the genuine article.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
someone made this, but I'm not sure who, or I'd credit them. either way, this is pretty fantastic.
I believe Ovaltine Ovaltine was looking for something like this

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This is straight from the Papageno's Discord and it was pinned
View attachment 245197
Right, I forgot the fact that this was said in this initial post. I also keep on thinking back to this:
-Lot of people behind the scenes are now being kind of coy and insiders being cheeky ******** in unison is ironically a good thing.
I mean, that kinda seems like an indication that something is up within the leaking circles. If I recall correct, usually this stuff gets a bit more bluntly dismissed right away.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
No, the source she asked apparently had a reaction that suggested it might be the genuine article.
Is there some links to this stuff?
This is straight from the Papageno's Discord and it was pinned
View attachment 245197
Check the pins again, there’s a more recent one right below the (not-Smash-related) Crash thing. Can’t screenshot right now, so I’ll quote:

“He didn’t get a reply from the person he asked regarding it yet, likely been working a lot. So I still can’t confirm or deconfirm it for the time being. He’s asking somebody who can definitively tell him if those miis are happening or not.

however, he basically implied I shouldn’t get my hopes up about it. ‘As far as I’m aware, I’m not very sure that leak is legitimate.’”

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Check the pins again, there’s a more recent one right below the (not-Smash-related) Crash thing. Can’t screenshot right now, so I’ll quote:

“He didn’t get a reply from the person he asked regarding it yet, likely been working a lot. So I still can’t confirm or deconfirm it for the time being. He’s asking somebody who can definitively tell him if those miis are happening or not.

however, he basically implied I shouldn’t get my hopes up about it. ‘As far as I’m aware, I’m not very sure that leak is legitimate.’”
I just saw that quote, and as she said, there's been no confirmation of it just yet, so I don't consider it a true deconfirmation until she gets definitive statements.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
"Puts on Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonation"

I'm back!

After a good nights sleep, I will now say that maybe Terry's video will just be about him and maybe some other stuff like a new mode, or SNK's history, official fighting game joystick for Smash, etc. I don't want to get my hopes up. Honestly I'm excited that we are getting Terry either Wednesday or Thursday (probably wednesday). This is the biggest Smash video yet, it is going to be great regardless.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I just saw that quote, and as she said, there's been no confirmation of it just yet, so I don't consider it a true deconfirmation until she gets definitive statements.
I’m not considering it a total deconfirmation either, but it’s not looking incredibly good. Still, if it turns out that PG’s source’s new Terry costume list is correct, that backs up Mallow anyway and even if the video is somehow fake, Geno still becomes more likely.

If this is actually fake, though, holy ****. Making huge strides in Ultimate modding completely in secret, creating two game-quality hats with jiggle physics on one and a family-friendly design change on the other, all in a time frame of anywhere between three weeks to three months depending on when they first saw the Mallow/Smithy leak... it’s quite a bit of work, far more than even last year’s fake leak.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
"Puts on Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonation"

I'm back!

After a good nights sleep, I will now say that maybe Terry's video will just be about him and maybe some other stuff like a new mode, or SNK's history, official fighting game joystick for Smash, etc. I don't want to get my hopes up. Honestly I'm excited that we are getting Terry either Wednesday or Thursday (probably wednesday). This is the biggest Smash video yet, it is going to be great regardless.
i doubt that its going to be great regardless

Dynamic Worlok

I’m not considering it a total deconfirmation either, but it’s not looking incredibly good. Still, if it turns out that PG’s source’s new Terry costume list is correct, that backs up Mallow anyway and even if the video is somehow fake, Geno still becomes more likely.

If this is actually fake, though, holy ****. Making huge strides in Ultimate modding completely in secret, creating two game-quality hats with jiggle physics on one and a family-friendly design change on the other, all in a time frame of anywhere between three weeks to three months depending on when they first saw the Mallow/Smithy leak... it’s quite a bit of work, far more than even last year’s fake leak.
Any amount of admiration I'd have for their efforts is tempered by the fact that they still did it to put one over on smash fans. Which makes it mildly disappointing. Credit where it's due, though, the hats do look quite nice, and geno aside, I hope it's real if for no other reason than to be able to use those hats

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

What Mii Costume leak is it now we are talking about

D

Deleted member

If the leak happens to be real, congrats.

All I wanted was representation, and I think I will never get it.

Dynamic Worlok

If the leak happens to be real, congrats.

All I wanted was representation, and I think I will never get it.
You speak as if smash does not already have ample and adequate representation to begin with. Unless there's some arbitrary quota it must meet before it will be satisfactory.

D

Deleted member

You speak as if smash does not already have ample and adequate representation to begin with. Unless there's some arbitrary quota it must meet before it will be satisfactory.
I just wanted one true female newcomer in the Fighters Pass...why can't you all just accept me?

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I hope you at least care about representation...because you're gonna miss me when I'm gone...
Is this a troll account?

Don¨t take the victory in advance.. That will just potentially hurt you in advance. This presentation could just be Smash brothers go full circle after all (see Grinch leak and November direct last year)
Everybody, look, come on. I don't like soothsayers or leakers or any of that nonsense either, but it's okay to take a risk to potentially reap a positive benefit and we will be okay even if this was all a giant hoax. We can pick ourselves back up again. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

I hope you at least care about representation...because you're gonna miss me when I'm gone...
Frankly, gender is entirely irrelevant to me. The pass could be all female for all I care, as long as they're classic or fan requested characters. You wouldn't catch me balking about a lack of male representation in the fighters pass, because that just doesn't matter.

The only thing that matters is the lack of geno representation in the fighters pass

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Everybody, look, come on. I don't like soothsayers or leakers or any of that nonsense either, but it's okay to take a risk to potentially reap a positive benefit and we will be okay even if this was all a giant hoax. We can pick ourselves back up again. There's nothing to be afraid of.
I know how people acted when Geno didn¨t get announced with EVO that everyone was so sure about... it wasn¨t sunshine and rainbows exactly (to say the least). That's why I pointed it out because hyping yourself up for potentially nothing isn¨t good. Rather the oposite

Dynamic Worlok

I know how people acted when Geno didn¨t get announced with EVO that everyone was so sure about... it wasn¨t sunshine and rainbows exactly (to say the least). That's why I pointed it out because hyping yourself up for potentially nothing isn¨t good. Rather the oposite
It's fine to get hype. The problem was a few people acting like children because they couldn't handle disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom