• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, it's been confirmed that no new fighters will be revealed during the presentation. So that's an extra 2 hours of sleep for me. LOL.

I guess I'll check out if anything interesting comes when I'm getting ready for work that day.

Only SNK game I played was Samurai Shodown on some SNK handheld. Didn't have Terry in it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
'45 minutes is too long to just show Terry.'

'40 minutes is too long to show off just Ken, Incineroar and Adventure Mode.'

I just.......no.........its literally a repeat of November 2018's Direct!

No, I'm not hyping myself up this time. Not again.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I wonder what could actually be taking up that much time, if there won't be any fighter reveals. ..Personally, even though I know Sakurai claimed there likely wouldn't be any new modes coming, I'm hoping he goes back on that and gives us a Boss Battles mode. Given the major return of bosses in Ultimate, it's rather odd that we don't have any way to fight them all outside of that brief segment of WoL.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Dang, they confirmed it themselves there's gonna be no new fighter reveals in the Terry presentation? Still super hyped though nontheless.

Also, hi to all the guests viewing right now! It's insane how many people show up in here lol.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, what if the character reveal(s) do come, but they are in a separate video from the presentation? Maybe doubtful, but you never know...

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

Hype train just came to a screeching halt.

VGA/random Smash info drop in the next few weeks it is, then.

Firox

Smash Master
Man, no new character announcements is going to suck the giant cucumber. Some of my thoughts:

-Sakurai pretty much said that home run contest was the last DLC mode
-Even with a crazy complicated kit, I have a hard time seeing 45 min dedicated to Terry alone
-We could see an announcement for Fighter pass #2, but again, 45 minutes???
-If we seriously don't get another character reveal, what the HELL could he talk about? I don't see balance changes taking that long to explain. One way or another, something BIG is coming....

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm thankful though I won't have to be worried about sleeping through it. I'll watch it when I wake up and check up on what the new mode is.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
yeah today was basically the entire grinch leak saga all in the course of a single day. I'm very interested to see what is going to happen and how that maniac plans to talk about terry for 45 minutes.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

This is probably the 4th time today I've had emotional whiplash from speculation.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Let me remind everyone, the November 2018 Direct had the Spirits, Spirit Board, World of Light, Ken, Incineroar, and the DLC announcement along with Piranha Plant. Terry at best has a gameplay demonstration, controls, Mii Costumes, the stage, and that online version of Squad Strike leaked a good while back. At best, that would be 20-25 minutes worth of footage, which leaves the remaining 20 minutes or so completely filled completely to the brim with padding. Does that sound logical to you?

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well worse case scenario if he somehow pulls it off it only means what they said: no reveals. Its not like the leaks are contingent on showing up here to be true so no matter what happens there's no reason to panic.

That said if that sadist decides to hold out on us until the game awards or something for ANY new news then I'm probably going to just back off for a while because that's just messed up and I can't function with that level of impatience

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Just stopping in to say I'm throwing my hat in with the Geno and Doomguy leak, maybe the Frogger one too, and I am praying to the ****ing gods right now that they are real

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Pray that you don't see any of those leaked Mii Costumes in this presentation, otherwise it's curtains for Doomguy & Geno.

link2702

Smash Champion
And yet despite that tweet, I still firmly stand with the idea that 45 minutes is just too insanely long to focus on one characters moveset and history. Unless they literally rebalanced the entire cast in huge detail and are also going through each characters changes, I just can’t see it being this long.

This has to be a bluff by Nintendo, maybe because they saw the leak, which ironically this all just makes things more suspicious.

Regardless, we cannot do anything else but wait and see. But if that mallow hat is real, (and that video makes it very difficult to be faked, you’d have to be one hell of a spiteful ass to learn how to mod something like this so well just piss off some people) Geno has to be coming soon. The evidence supporting geno so much in recent times is just too great to have this hat be a lead in to his costume reveal again.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Let me remind everyone, the November 2018 Direct had the Spirits, Spirit Board, World of Light, Ken, Incineroar, and the DLC announcement along with Piranha Plant. Terry at best has a gameplay demonstration, controls, Mii Costumes, the stage, and that online version of Squad Strike leaked a good while back. At best, that would be 20-25 minutes worth of footage, which leaves the remaining 20 minutes or so completely filled completely to the brim with padding. Does that sound logical to you?
It doesn't but who really knows what might be there

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Hey, just a random thought...

Remember how in the September Direct we had Sakurai's livestream right after?

What if after all in the Wednesday presentation is said and done, THEN we will get character reveals?

No?

Well, time to bust out this image...

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Then why is it 45 minutes? Again it seems damage controlling, especially since this never happened with any other presentation or direct. Terry must have the most complex fighting style in any fighting game if that's the case.

1. They are lying
2. They legitimately made Terry one of 3 characters like his game and we will see a tag feature, thus requiring a lot of time to go into each.
3. They are lying

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Pray that you don't see any of those leaked Mii Costumes in this presentation, otherwise it's curtains for Doomguy & Geno.
Depends. If by some bizarre scenario we get those Mii Costumes but no Geno or Doomguy ones, then there's definitely something going on

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
My heart is going to drop is we see
Smash x Doom
Smash x SMRPG
Screens right before we are shown the mii costumes in that video. lmao

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About a Direct, what else besides Smash, if it isn't a Smash Direct here, would they talk about in a General Direct at this time of year?

Also, what time are Directs usually announced?

Griselda

Smash Lord
This has to be a bluff by Nintendo, maybe because they saw the leak, which ironically this all just makes things more suspicious.
It's always possible, and could just be damage-control, given the timing, but.. like, what would they do afterwards if it turns out there is more than they're saying? Just go 'actually, we lied'?

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
1. They are lying
2. They legitimately made Terry one of 3 characters like his game and we will see a tag feature, thus requiring a lot of time to go into each.
3. They are lying
The problem I see with number 2 is the tag feature is the major draw of the character. Like, that would mean that Terry isn't the only character. When they announced Pokemon Trainer, they didn't just claim it was Charizard only for them to suddenly reveal the tag mechanic.

Basically, if Terry was a tag character, then they lied. So, to me, all three options are:
1. They are lying.
2. They are also lying.
3. They are lying.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
This is so familiar but for the life of me I can't place what it's from.
the artist or the parody? It's a mimicking a lord of the rings scene between the dwarf and elf during helmsdeep if that's what you meant, but the artist I don't know

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I hate to say this, but 45 minute presentation with no new "FIGHTERS" revealed?!

Premium costumes inbound.

Alternatively, if that "Slipspace" mode the text leak mentioned is a big chunk of this presentation, then Geno, Doomslayer and Frogger are all confirmed

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Also what's with all the Frogger talk all of the sudden? Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom