• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Nah man, that's the real deal. :ultpacman:
The texture was so messed up on it, I couldn't tell if maybe this guy had pumped out a new Mallow. I didn't think it was the one in the leak, which is why I said "closer to".

D

Deleted member

At this point, nobody's come forward, and nobody's proved or disproved it. But Sabi/PolarPanda said they would check with a source and get back to us pretty definitively either way in like a day. So I'd just... do something else.
Do something... else?

You really are a rookie!

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Agreed. I feel like someone would really have to hate Geno to mislead everyone this badly. Which is of course possible, but unlikely. I feel like if the Geno costume was coming we’d certainly know about it at the same time as the Mallow/Smithy ones
But they're not misleading people by stuff that wasn't supposed to leak getting leaked or faked and us seeing patterns where there may be none. Lots of other fandoms try to justify that their characters are being hinted at with circumstantial evidence or simply well-meaning nods.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
At this point, nobody's come forward, and nobody's proved or disproved it. But Sabi/PolarPanda said they would check with a source and get back to us pretty definitively either way in like a day. So I'd just... do something else.
Bruh there are well over 250 people watching. There's a new post literally more than once a minute. I have no time for anything else cuz I'm keeping up, haha

D

Deleted member

But they're not misleading people by stuff that wasn't supposed to leak getting leaked or faked and us seeing patterns where there may be none. Lots of other fandoms try to justify that their characters are being hinted at with circumstantial evidence or simply well-meaning nods.
I assumed he might have meant that faking something like this would be the act of someone who hates Geno and likes to see Geno fans squirm, which I agree.

In defense of that argument, Geno is the most hated character in speculation right now.

link2702

Smash Champion
i feel this video is relevant again to how I feel trying to wait for news by Nintendo...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Bruh there are well over 250 people watching. There's a new post literally more than once a minute. I have no time for anything else cuz I'm keeping up, haha
At the rate we are going, today alone will probably produce more than a thousand posts in this thread.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
If that's the case, how about we focus on a different aspect of this leak?

What do you guys think of Doomguy getting in if this leak is true? He is my 3rd most wanted, so I am personally rather pleased.
Pleasantly surprised, unexpected, but nonetheless we did get the likes of Bayonetta in Smash, so I *guess* Doomguy isn't all that impossible.

I'm just trying to picture the announcer announcing their name, though. "Dooom Guyy" ? "Doooom Slayer!" ? "That dude from Dooom!"

I would be pretty intrigued about their moveset, too!

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Pleasantly surprised, unexpected, but nonetheless we did get the likes of Bayonetta in Smash, so I *guess* Doomguy isn't all that impossible.

I'm just trying to picture the announcer announcing their name, though. "Dooom Guyy" ? "Doooom Slayer!" ? "That dude from Dooom!"

I would be pretty intrigued about their moveset, too!
I like Doom Slayer but I'd also be ok with: "DOOM MARINE!!!"

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, I guess you could say, this is just another Manic Monday.

But I am guessing there will be a Direct soon. With Terry being revealed to be released on the same day and possibly the next character being revealed then.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
So no one has actually disproven it at all. What seems to be happening is most respected modders are saying it's legit and a few literal whos are looking for some internet clout by showing off their own mods but in actuality are proving that the leak isn't fake or at least could not be faked by their abilities.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I imagine a good solution is to have a modern "Doom Slayer" alt and a classic "Doomguy" alt. Then again, Doomguy is kinda a fan nickname, so I imagine the classic might just be called "Doom Marine".

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Apparently, any mii hat that doesn't cover the head will have that weird see-through problem where the hair should be, as shown with that Mallow hat in the last page. The Mallow hat in the leak seems to work just fine, however.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I imagine a good solution is to have a modern "Doom Slayer" alt and a classic "Doomguy" alt. Then again, Doomguy is kinda a fan nickname, so I imagine the classic might just be called "Doom Marine".
I'd guess the classic skin would be the one shown first. Not only does Sakurai have a retro love, but iirc that Caco head is a classic one.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'd guess the classic skin would be the one shown first. Not only does Sakurai have a retro love, but iirc that Caco head is a classic one.
But the Luminary is the main alt for Hero, so I think it could go either way. Plus, I imagine his moveset would take elements from the modern games, and we did get a classic skin reveal for Eternal not to long ago.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
But the Luminary is the main alt for Hero, so I think it could go either way. Plus, I imagine his moveset would take elements from the modern games, and we did get a classic skin reveal for Eternal not to long ago.
yeah the moveset would likely be a mix, but the design is gonna be from the FPS grand-daddy itself.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I already posted this on the Smash Bros. Ultimate Social Thread, but...

Just had a thought on the image Smash leak. Some people say that adding costumes, like Mii ones to a Switch game like Smash can be done, but even so, just because it can be done doesn't mean it is easy at all. In fact, I am sure it would be harder to do than what the naysayers imply considering what those who said "Mii costumes can't be added to Smash Bros Ultimate on the Switch CURRENTLY" said, and I have doubts anyone outside Nintendo has the skill to mkae such good Mii costumes on the Switch, based on what was said by those saying that the Mii costumes can't or aren't easy to port on the Switch currently, you know what I mean?
What do you guys think?

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, it's hard to take a lolicon hentai artist that suffered a mental breakdown when Ashley got deconfirmed seriously. But that's just me.

Albeit, I think the timer is an interesting thing to bring up. Could have been changed in the debug mode for convenience I think.
He's a what?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Y'know, it's hard to take a lolicon hentai artist that suffered a mental breakdown when Ashley got deconfirmed seriously. But that's just me.

Albeit, I think the timer is an interesting thing to bring up. Could have been changed in the debug mode for convenience I think.
Really? How disgusting. And man, what a sore loser!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
While on one hand, I appreciate people trying to ascertain its legitimacy (I'd like to know if it's fake or real, too, and if it's fake, major kudos to the mad man who did it and a big fat laaaaaaaame at the same time), but on the other...

Whew, the disconfirmation bias against Geno is real. Some people are just desperate for Geno NOT to get in. It reminds me of the disconfirmation bias over Erdrick, honestly. It's a little ridiculous.

Shigger

Smash Rookie

Are we really judging a guy for completely irrelevant art? I think he's being a bit of a jerk too, but aren't you better than that?

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
If this whole thing ends up real, and we really do get both Doomslayer and Geno confirmed for Smash Ultimate:

"I'm all right, by the way
everyone saves the day
sometimes I feel it
send it up, send it up now
send it up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom