• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Dunno about you guys but i think we may get a direct like the final Smash 4 one with fighter 5, Terry breakdown and first post pass. Despite how unlikely (which I can see it is)

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Basically that the Smash website is already prepped for #5, #6, and #7 and we may learn of all of them via a Smash Direct by the end of year.
All the way up to 7? That's quite the number, don't you say? Geno being in the 7th spot would have meaning to it, haha.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Both Doomguy and Geno have guns, so if they were revealed together it would be super cool!

ZelDan

Smash Master
Please, we discussed that in the Newcomer Thread. She's not counted.
I get being disappointed by a character you don't want getting in ending up getting in, but:

1. there's more DLC down the line, so there's more chances for females then

2. Why are you sharing this stuff in the Geno thread, when you know this type of news is exciting for them?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I get being disappointed by a character you don't want getting in ending up getting in, but:

1. there's more DLC down the line, so there's more chances for females then

2. Why are you sharing this stuff in the Geno thread, when you know this type of news is exciting for them?
1. I don't have faith in the rest of the DLC.

2. I just want you all to empathize with me.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
1. I don't have faith in the rest of the DLC.

2. I just want you all to empathize with me.
People have emphasized with you in the Newcomer thread, the Doomslayer thread, and this thread. Including you being kind of nasty towards some of them. When will it be enough? This isn't even a confirmed thing either, it's a *potential* leak and until we get an official reveal or insiders pipe up, shouldn't put too much investment into yet.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Let's chill for a moment. We haven't won quite yet. I'd say Geno's chances rose significantly, but it's still not guaranteed... YET. I'd say right now he went from my initial 10%, to now around 50% chance he's going to make it. What's concerning is that they outright didn't show the new character, only the mii costumes. We still have no idea who the new characters could be.

Smady

Smash Master
To be honest I'd say Geno is pretty much confirmed at this point. I don't think it's possible to mod a Mii costume into the game, at best/worst, we're getting Mii costumes of Geno and Doomslayer also, which would be I assume leaked first over this unless the leaker is trolling us.

If you can mod Miis into the game then that's the only way to explain this.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Wow, what a thing to wake up to...
I know it could be still fake in one way or another so I'm holding my breath until an official announcement but damn, this'd be amazing if true.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
God I don't want to be setting myself up for disappointment, but this leak has really made me more optimistic about Geno's chances.

Please, please don't reveal a Geno Mii costume alongside Mallow, Nintendo...

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well I went to bed at the perfectly wrong time, though whenever I wake up to 5 new pages I know it's going to be good.

So that video... damn I don't know much about ultimate modding but if it's true and this thing is legit I don't know what to say. Honestly the thing that bothers me the most was including both mallow and a cacodemon. Does that mean one is not in? Or is my model I made last evening going to be real but with doomguy opening. Tbh the idea of doom in a dlc slot just seems really weird still but if it happens I'll admit I was wrong and be excited for the doors this could open for people namely highly requested characters that have been gatekeeped by it namely rayman.

Either way I already knew geno is in so i just see this as the universe validating my conviction.:ultpacman:

WERE ALMOST THERE GENOBROS JUST HOLD ON A LITTLE LONGER!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just woke up from a long nights rest and the first thing I saw on Youtube this morning was a PapaGenos video with a leaked photo and video of a Mallow and Doomslayer monster Mii costumes. What exciting news to wake up too.

THIS IS ****ING REAL, IT'S HAPPENING WE WON
I wouldn't celebrate just yet.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. Maybe but at the same time couldn't the leaker have shown the playable characters too? Unless it was really early

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I know forsaken made the comparison a long time ago but geno really is the smash bros equivalent of skullomania. If were able to finally put this to rest then ultimate really will be then end of an era for the smash community.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't understand why you're choosing to take this as badly as you appear to be.

Like, I get you like certain characters but to disdain so harshly over a temporary loss is confusing. You do realize there are more fighters in the coming future, right?
That's a cute Ukyo avatar. That official art?

Plank08

Smash Lord
Let's chill for a moment. We haven't won quite yet. I'd say Geno's chances rose significantly, but it's still not guaranteed... YET. I'd say right now he went from my initial 10%, to now around 50% chance he's going to make it. What's concerning is that they outright didn't show the new character, only the mii costumes. We still have no idea who the new characters could be.
I feel like Doomslayer has a 95% chance and Geno has an 80% cause the chance of his mii costume being with mallow is much greater

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm getting ready for work but once I'm showered and caffeinated I'll explain why I'm not at all concerned about Sakurai sweeping the legs of the Geno fanbase. Honestly, this is amazing and the fact that we're more than likely getting an ESRB level leak for this is too perfect.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I mean, they could always not have Doom Slayer. Hear me out about it real quick. Underrepresentation of a company is not unheard of in Smash. Wayforward only has two spirits and no playable characters while Ubisoft, who is way bigger than Wayforward, only has three spirits and three trophies across two games. Having a big company go represented without a fighter is still a possibility.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I meant they could always not have Doom Slayer. Hear me out about it real quick. Underrepresentation of a company is not unheard of in Smash. Wayforward only has two spirits and no playable characters while Ubisoft, who is way bigger than Wayforward, only has three spirits and three trophies across two games. Having a big company go represented without a fighter is still a possibility.
Yeah I brought this up in my post too, I still have a hard time believing doom is getting a playable in smash with how western characters without eastern popularity have been treated so far and doom is in a worse position than any of them. But were just going to have wait and see unless the insider group decide to make a confirmation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom