• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
rofl what, Fatman is just speculating and happens to have a peek at the insider Discord, yet he can't tell us much. I don't know why this is blowing up so outrageously. On top of that, he's always said on MULTIPLE occasions to take what he says with a grain of salt. There is a lot of speculative conjecture in what he posts. This isn't a 'leak'.

Oh, uh... Geno? Geno! :drflip: I love Geno! What do you think his favorite pizza toppings are? He'd probably be a classic pepperoni kinda guy.
He's gotta have mushrooms on it though.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
EDIT: psoted twice by accident

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
rofl what, Fatman is just speculating and happens to have a peek at the insider Discord, yet he can't tell us much. I don't know why this is blowing up so outrageously. On top of that, he's always said on MULTIPLE occasions to take what he says with a grain of salt. There is a lot of speculative conjecture in what he posts. This isn't a 'leak'.

Oh, uh... Geno? Geno! :drflip: I love Geno! What do you think his favorite pizza toppings are? He'd probably be a classic pepperoni kinda guy.
I feel like papagenos papagenos would know this better than anyone else.

EDIT: Don't hurt me i only meant the pizza thing.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Man, been a while since I've been on this site. Surprised I still recognize some names here, haha. Geno's one of the few names left that still seems to be in the running for this last spot that means anything to me, my #1 choice (Ridley) got in, and my #2 (Bomberman) is an assist trophy.

Would be neat to see Geno in, and with how crazy the DLC has been so far, I don't think one can sanely count him out without insider knowledge. Looking forward to whoever is revealed!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Well, Fat just said on Discord that there's around 6-7 names being speculated for DLC right now.

lawl.PNG

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We need a horror character in Smash. Skull Kid for Smash. He’s sort of a doll like Geno so I think Geno fans would be happy with that. Do it Sakurai.
If Yuri Kozukata weren’t an Assist Trophy I’d suggest her. Fatal Frame is owned by Nintendo now after all

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Man, been a while since I've been on this site. Surprised I still recognize some names here, haha. Geno's one of the few names left that still seems to be in the running for this last spot that means anything to me, my #1 choice (Ridley) got in, and my #2 (Bomberman) is an assist trophy.

Would be neat to see Geno in, and with how crazy the DLC has been so far, I don't think one can sanely count him out without insider knowledge. Looking forward to whoever is revealed!
Oh wow, talk about a blast from the past. I remember you from the smash 4 Ridley thread. How's it going?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I feel like papagenos papagenos would know this better than anyone else.
Yeah, and he did already confirm that Fatman is just speculating.

You know, as he'd already stated multiple times. As Sabi and Papa have stated multiple times, as well. As Rummy has stated multiple times.

... aaaand yet we have people saying, "Fatman posted the starling saying it was DEFINITELY Geno and Smash-related," when he didn't (he posted the starling, did NOT make any certain claims on what it was, was speculating about Geno), and saying, "Oh, he thought Geno's chances looked good in November!" as him '''leaking''' Geno when he knew as much as we did about Geno at the time.

For people saying not to take his word as gospel, a lot of people sure seem to be doing so, just in the opposite manner. "If he says it, it must be with intent of it being a LEAK!" Give me a break. Fatman's made mistakes, and I'm not about to say he's flawless in any way, but holy hell, this ain't it, chief.

Dan

Smash Lord
People have speculated that Nintendo could cave for maybe ONE character but people aren't holding their breath. As far as people are concerned, ATs and Mii costumes are the ultimate death until evidence comes out to say otherwise.
How? Playable characters have costumes.

Characters that are wanted for a long time: Geno: Dixie Kong, Lloyd, Toad, Bandana Dee, Waluigi
If you're gonna put Waluigi you have to put Isaac; he and Geno are at the top of the chain, followed by Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong I'd say.

I still can't believe Captain Toad didn't get into Ultimate; I thought he was the most likely after Inkling.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
What was the description again?

Either way, Rayman is in as a spirit, so if he is playable, that would demolish the "Spirit characters can't be fighters" fan rule.
The description being the one from Fatman that was posted not too long ago: "All the names I've heard may not be often requested but all signs right now point to the bonus characters being mostly on par with Banjo in terms of fanservice". Rayman is a long requested character but his fandom has largely gone quiet so is not often requested but would be amazing fanservice.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

If you're gonna put Waluigi you have to put Isaac; he and Geno are at the top of the chain, followed by Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong I'd say.

I still can't believe Captain Toad didn't get into Ultimate; I thought he was the most likely after Inkling.
Think he means DLC Mii costumes. That’s why I believe characters like Sans, Rex and Goemon will simply have to wait for next game. Why make them a costume you pay for if they’re gonna be paid playable characters later on? It’s pointless imo

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and he did already confirm that Fatman is just speculating.

You know, as he'd already stated multiple times. As Sabi and Papa have stated multiple times, as well. As Rummy has stated multiple times.

... aaaand yet we have people saying, "Fatman posted the starling saying it was DEFINITELY Geno and Smash-related," when he didn't (he posted the starling, did NOT make any certain claims on what it was, was speculating about Geno), and saying, "Oh, he thought Geno's chances looked good in November!" as him '''leaking''' Geno when he knew as much as we did about Geno at the time.

For people saying not to take his word as gospel, a lot of people sure seem to be doing so, just in the opposite manner. "If he says it, it must be with intent of it being a LEAK!" Give me a break. Fatman's made mistakes, and I'm not about to say he's flawless in any way, but holy hell, this ain't it, chief.
Sorrry for the mixup, I knew fatman was speculating, I just meant the pizza discussion. I'll see myself out.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01

You are right I should put Isaac there too. Also Krystal.

Troll characters: Tingle, Cranky Kong

Long wanted: Geno, Isaac, Waluigi, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Krystal, Toad, Lloyd

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Sorrry for the mixup, I knew fatman was speculating, I just meant the pizza discussion. I'll see myself out.
Oh no, the rant wasn't towards you, and I'm SO sorry if it came off that way! I was ranting because I was seeing responses to Fatman's speculation elsewhere, and it definitely popped a chunky blood vessel. On top of this cold kicking me down, I've just been in such a 'no bull****' mood.

You've done nothing wrong, though, my hot and tasty friend! Keep on keepin' on!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh wow, talk about a blast from the past. I remember you from the smash 4 Ridley thread. How's it going?
haha, pretty well, pretty well. I used to stick around this site pretty much solely for speculation about Ridley, which kept me around since 2006 xD. That was certainly a legend in the making. Nowadays the only real smash speculah I've been doing has been in some smaller discords, which seems to be the direction forum sites are heading. All they need are easier methods of discovery, and maybe some organizational changes.

But speaking of legends from 2006, I remember Geno talk all the way in the pre brawl era. I specifically remember an old Brawl newcomer prediction thread from McFox being the first time I ever heard people speculating about the character. Funny enough, if you go back to his old thread, more than half the characters he (seriously) speculated about, either positively or negatively, are now playable, including Dedede, Ridley, Diddy, Wolf, Megaman, Sonic, Lucas, Olimar, Cloud Strife, Petey Piranha (sorta), Bowser Jr., Daisy, and Wind Waker Link (toon). Had some close guesses too, like Tom Nook. I think that thread specifically ignited my passion for smash speculation, haha. Basically, Geno's been talked about a long time. Does that mean he'll make it? Who knows. But for me at least, being this long in the making will make him more spectacular than most other characters could hope to be.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Think he means DLC Mii costumes. That’s why I believe characters like Sans, Rex and Goemon will simply have to wait for next game. Why make them a costume you pay for if they’re gonna be paid playable characters later on? It’s pointless imo
Why not? More money.

Also they were likely made costumes before Sakurai decided he was going to continue supporting this game after the first Pass.

So I don’t think it matters. I also think this includes some AT’s, although I think those have a lesser chance. But not impossible.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
To be fair though, Mii Costumes take so much less effort in comparison to a new character, and they can make a profit. I say why not add in as many as possible? Although it might seem kinda scummy as a business practice, there's nothing from stopping the devs from just deciding to add a Mii costume of said character in before they're released as a full character. I'm aware there's no real precedent in Smash, but I still think it's a possibility just to play Devil's Advocate here.

Also, hi everyone! Been awhile since I actually posted anything. Interesting developments for sure, but I'm really glad we know like nothing about character 5 and beyond. Hoping it stays that way personally. I really love the surprises. Although that's kinda invalidated when I read through a forum that discusses potential character leaks...

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, the rant wasn't towards you, and I'm SO sorry if it came off that way! I was ranting because I was seeing responses to Fatman's speculation elsewhere, and it definitely popped a chunky blood vessel. On top of this cold kicking me down, I've just been in such a 'no bull****' mood.

You've done nothing wrong, though, my hot and tasty friend! Keep on keepin' on!
It's cool, I totally get being tired of everyone twisting words. Especially when all we have is word of mouth or so it feels like.

P47

Smash Apprentice
Not really. People have speculated that Nintendo could cave for maybe ONE character but people aren't holding their breath. As far as people are concerned, ATs and Mii costumes are the ultimate death until evidence comes out to say otherwise.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

I really need to detach myself from Smash speculation. Why am I even emotionally invested in it in the first place anyways?

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Man with geno in, ultimate really will be the end of an era. Megaman in smash 4 was huge and in many ways Ridley's inclusion could arguably fulfill this all on its own but seeing ridley k rool and geno disappear from the discussion all in the same period will really be something else, especially with banjo support finally being realized and fulfilled in the same span as well. It really has earned the title Mr. Sakurai's wild ride because I doubt anything moving forward will top what happens here.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace

Mushroom

Geno Boost

Smash Master
So much guests the Geno thread is fired up!

also
there is something really interesting related to SMRPG
so recently a japanese person made a 3D model of one of the early SMRPG character concept art 2 years after the SMRPG designer posted the early sketches on twitter!
it looks really cool also appearently the SMRPG designer really liked my 3D model of Punchinello which is one of the characters he created i showed him during his birthday a week ago

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Man this board does not slow down. We’ll probably hit 1600 by Terry’s release.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Oh, uh... Geno? Geno! :drflip: I love Geno! What do you think his favorite pizza toppings are? He'd probably be a classic pepperoni kinda guy.[/QUOTE]

He would like any type of pizza. As long as its not square shaped
EAsau92WkAU5Bum.jpg

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If Geno ever happens, we need to archive the last post made before his reveal to see how many posts this forum made before he was revealed.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
If that's the case then Rex is never going to be playable. Next Smash Bros ain't for another 7 to 8 years, Xenoblade 3 would be a thing by then.
Though when it comes to certain Mii Costume they could've been made at a time when they weren't sure if they were making more DLC.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
If Geno ever happens, we need to archive the last post made before his reveal to see how many posts this forum made before he was revealed.
Given there's usually an eruption of posts going "X IS IN SMASH!!" whenever a new character's confirmed, I think it'd be pretty easy to tell which post that was. Also, the post number is on the top-right corner of the post, so...

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
So much guests the Geno thread is fired up!
also
there is something really interesting related to SMRPG
so recently a japanese person made a 3D model of one of the early SMRPG character concept art 2 years after the SMRPG designer posted the early sketches on twitter!
it looks really cool also appearently the SMRPG designer really liked my 3D model of Punchinello which is one of the characters he created i showed him during his birthday a week ago
Dude that's awesome!! Those models you've been making have been really great and definitely deserve recognition.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
I really do wish the Geno discussion was a bit less intense than it is now. He's a cool character and it feel like he's trapped between a rock and a hard place discussion-wise.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I really do wish the Geno discussion was a bit less intense than it is now. He's a cool character and it feel like he's trapped between a rock and a hard place discussion-wise.
I have a feeling he’ll break out from under that rock pretty soon : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom