• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well, when our resident cap-wearin', video-postin', smash-speculatin', Geno-supportin', rumor-discussin', amiibo-huntin', Ninja-Gaiden-playin', Dreamworks-face-usin', Beware-The-Forest's-Mushrooms-playin', oxygen-breathin', Discord-usin', Sabi-interactin', Smashboards-postin', beatnik-lookin' Smash fan says that that's when it was posted, I kind of believe him.
Not a sinlge Wooo thrown in to all that... *Ric Flair shakes his head*

Also, Ovaltine Ovaltine that is pretty sick! Not to shabby of a job. Wish I had a mic...I would love to attempt that.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I also admit that despite me trusting papagenos papagenos im not a fan of how this info hasnt been verified and we have to take his word for it...unless?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just want that Mii costume leak is real so I can get at least ONE of my most wanted characters. Now that it's known that Hayabusa and Crash won't be fighter #5 I'm just wondering who else could possibly fill that slot.

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
The Mii costume list is definitely interesting and I’m not in any position to argue its legitimacy, but I can’t shake the feeling that it’s just a little too convenient for me to fully believe. Claiming that we’re getting Mallow/Smithy(???) costumes but making no mention of Geno one way or the other feels like walking us up to a line and then never crossing it, as if to say “come to the conclusion on your own” when it’s very obvious what the rumor is pointing at.

Also bothered by the apparent lack of SNK/KoF outfits. Are we to conclude that they got all of the wave 3 Mii costumes (sans Sans) and one (two?) coming down the road, but there happens to be a Terry-sized gap in their knowledge?

Not saying these are strikes against the leak, they’re just things that bug me. It feels like if this is legit, and pointing to Geno, he’d have to be soon.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I also admit that despite me trusting papagenos papagenos im not a fan of how this info hasnt been verified and we have to take his word for it...unless?
What process would you personally recommend to verify this? You say you trust him, he said multiple people told him this was real.

D

Deleted member

The Mii costume list is definitely interesting and I’m not in any position to argue its legitimacy, but I can’t shake the feeling that it’s just a little too convenient for me to fully believe. Claiming that we’re getting Mallow/Smithy(???) costumes but making no mention of Geno one way or the other feels like walking us up to a line and then never crossing it, as if to say “come to the conclusion on your own” when it’s very obvious what the rumor is pointing at.

Also bothered by the apparent lack of SNK/KoF outfits. Are we to conclude that they got all of the wave 3 Mii costumes (sans Sans) and one (two?) coming down the road, but there happens to be a Terry-sized gap in their knowledge?

Not saying these are strikes against the leak, they’re just things that bug me. It feels like if this is legit, and pointing to Geno, he’d have to be soon.
Yeah, I find that questionable. What about Dragon Quest costumes right before Hero released?

Last edited by a moderator:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
To be fair, remember that people hear different things. It's possible he didn't hear the DQ costumes or ones for Terry.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So glad many of these leaks are turning out fake (though Hayabusa would be great). That means anything can happen and the next wave of DLC might not all be third party characters. Let's get some characters out of the trash can that is Assist Trophies and give these Spirits their body back.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

He also predicted this before hero aka before dq miis so thats not really a hole. Also you have to remember that things that get leak sometimes dont get revealed before other things. Vergeben found out about hero/ a square rep before plant, and joker. This also happened with banjo via papas banjo source. So I feel like this does not have to mean genos is happening really soon.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
What process would you personally recommend to verify this? You say you trust him, he said multiple people told him this was real.
Maybe verify with Source Gaming? PushDustIn PushDustIn is usually cool doing stuff like this for us

Again, it’s not like I don’t want to trust Papa, it’s just I don’t really know these people he says also got the Mii Costume info alongside him.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Actually, PapaGenos never said he verified the list's authentucity, rather he stated that he corroborated it's existence with others, like "Hey, have you heard of this?". He believes it might be true due to said person providing other information that turned out to be legit.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
What has been seen can not be unseen...

So I watched alpharads newest video of ringfit adventure...

And something quickly caught my eye about the “magic ring”

So that’s why we haven’t seen geno, he’s been trapped in a magic ring for all these years.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
What has been seen can not be unseen...

So I watched alpharads newest video of ringfit adventure...

And something quickly caught my eye about the “magic ring”

So that’s why we haven’t seen geno, he’s been trapped in a magic ring for all these years.
Trapped in a Geno Whirl that was not even of his own creation...

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace

So, uh, that whole thing about Xander Mobus voicing Geno...

We have this fan VA for Joker who made this in response to my headcanon, and I am kinda sorta very dying with glee.
I never gave much thought to how Geno would sound, but thats a really fitting voice.

Honestly I think a gap in knowledge may give a bit more weight. As someone said earlier, Verge knew Erdrick over half a year before hand, but Banjo and Terry were relatively recent development. I wouldnt be surprised if these characters we know of but “arent fighter #5” are early but legitmate information.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So glad many of these leaks are turning out fake (though Hayabusa would be great). That means anything can happen and the next wave of DLC might not all be third party characters. Let's get some characters out of the trash can that is Assist Trophies and give these Spirits their body back.
Bomberman and Rayman done. The monkey's paw always comes in the end.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Maybe verify with Source Gaming? PushDustIn PushDustIn is usually cool doing stuff like this for us

Again, it’s not like I don’t want to trust Papa, it’s just I don’t really know these people he says also got the Mii Costume info alongside him.
Where does SourceGaming come into the equation with PapaGeno's sources

Plank08

Smash Lord
Guys at this point Genos a lock, we shouldn’t be focusing on if he gets in, but WHEN, cause he’s getting in, there’s way too much evidence

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys at this point Genos a lock, we shouldn’t be focusing on if he gets in, but WHEN, cause he’s getting in, there’s way too much evidence
Genos? The character from One Punch Man? I thought anime characters weren't allowed. :troll:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I refuse to call any character a lock, especially after Shadow got AT'd. That said, I do think his chances are quiiiite nice, indeed. :dr^_^:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So, a bit off topic, but you into Shadow?
Oh yeah, I love Shadow. Sonic Adventure 2 is my favorite modern Sonic game of all time. It was definitely sad to see him get AT'd, but I'm chill about it. After all, I have a lot of recent Shadow content to enjoy elsewhere, something B-K didn't have for years and something Geno hasn't had in even longer.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
While I like your spirit I dont think you should say hes a lock just yet. Im not saying hes not happening Im just saying hes not 100 percent for sure happening yet. Remember just because something is likely to happen does not mean it is going to for happen for sure. So I suggest you hope for him but dont get over confidate. I just dont want you to get burned just in case things go south.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember thinking Isaac and Shadow were locks after the August and September directs yet we've seen what happened I'm not going to take a risk with calling a character a lock anymore.

Isaac had that Rathalos pic (which I think was a hint just didn't happen to be towards a playable Isaac), That healing item that looked like a Golden Sun item/Golden Sun inspired item, Being a very popular character like Ridley and K. Rool, Trademark renews, etc.

Shadow was a character that I thought was on-par with Ken in terms of likelihood for Echo fighters and I am shocked he's still not in as he just makes so much sense, He's popular, relevant, from a huge franchise that's arguably the biggest third party in Smash, Etc.

I'm with Ovaltine on this one I'm not gonna call Geno a lock or even near it but his chances do look good from an objective point of view as I'm still tempering my expectations.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’m ride or die at this point, if geno doesn’t get in now, he never will, that’s just how I feel, and I feel his evidence is greater and not just coincidences like rathalos.

If the fighter 5 is a wildcard character, it maybe a character that is much more associated with the PlayStation like Joker.
SACKBOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYY

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
So it seems like we keep getting a new twist everyday now when it comes to leaks and speculation. Any bets on what tommorow's curve ball might be?

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
I honestly believe that Sora is fighter 5 and Geno is the first post past character.

D

Deleted member

Saw New_WabiSabi got a leak from a reliable source saying DLC pass fighter #5 ain’t Crash or Ryu Hayabusa. What a strange couple of days it’s been.

Guess we’ll have to wait to find out longer who it is.

Oh well fine by me.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I honestly believe that Sora is fighter 5 and Geno is the first post past character.
I don't really think Sora is DLC5, but I think he has a really nice shot for future DLC. I've said it once and I'll say it again: I really do see a future where we'll get both. I may not be a Sora fan, but I'd be very happy to see them get their guy.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Something tells me that for Sora to get in he would be one of the last (if not the last) DLC. I don't know why, but I just don't see him getting in this early.

D

Deleted member

I really want it to be Geno. Though not even sure if it’s him. Could be a big character could be someone we least expect.

Guess Sabi only knows for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom