• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
If we really are to get only 4 characters post fighters pass I think my personal best case scenario would look like this:

FP #5: Crash
Post FP #1: Geno
Post FP #2: Rayman
Post FP #3: Frisk
Post FP #4: Master Chief (alternatively a RE rep or even Phoenix Wright would get a big reaction from me as well)

Just my preferences and are not supposed to be realistic. There are a lot of characters I would be excited for, but these are the top for me. There are also many first/second party characters I'd like to see particularly from the Mario cast. In general, I'm also just not opposed to more spellcasters or even better some summoner-type characters and more duo (or more - looking at you Chorus Kids) fighters. And I'll take more wacky characters that fill a new niche in the roster like Piranha Plant any day.

T2by4

Smash Lord
To my knowledge, Fatmanonice is in the same discord server with 9 other individuals who mostly know the same stuff (including what the Starling is but his lips are welded shut)

I'd imagine they've all heard the same stuff but I'll let him confirm that if/when he stops back by.
The starling image is still a thing? I thought nobody knew what the starling image was. Did something change to where he announced that they knew what it was? I'm sure if it wasn't Geno he'd come out and outright say it wasn't, there's no need to keep it a secret. This makes me think that the starling bird is indeed related to Geno. They shutdown everything else we thought it could be related to, now all of the sudden they know EXACTLY what it is and they won't tell us? Either they know for sure it's Geno or they still don't know what it actually is yet.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I'll try best

-Source that Papa Geno's talks to that has some credibility shares that he has a source from IGN saying Crash is coming to Smash as fighter #5
-This same IGN source appearently gave this same leaker info of some Mii Costumes back in July before Hero was released. The list was:
-Goemon
-Protoman
-Zero
-Mallow
-Smithy
-Chocobo
-Rocket Grunts
The list basically called all Mii Costumes that came with Banjo minus Sans
-Additionally, he said there would be no Mii Costumes from Microsoft which he also got correct
I want to first thank you for your speedy and detailed reply. That said, here's my two cents on the matter:

-If the leaker really did predict the reveal of Goemon and Rocket Grunts, then those two costumes alone are a huge boon to their credibility due to the seemingly random nature of their inclusion, at least for the time in which they were revealed....however...
-The fact that they also predicted Mallow, Smithy and Chocobo which DIDN'T come to pass, that kinda hurts the street cred they earned with the costumes mentioned above
-The upside is that if Mallow, Smithy and Chocobo DO end up as real costumes, then this leak would all but confirm Geno as a playable fighter. There would be no other possible scenario if those were confirmed as costumes and Geno wasn't.
-The real question I have is whether we have a time-stamped screenshot or some kind of evidence to prove that this leaker actually presented this info PRIOR to B-K's release. Otherwise, it's just your usual BS artist.

am I the only person bothered by the concept of a character being "50%" likely? I mean, that makes it sound like Sakurai's whims are the weather and maybe we'll get rain, maybe not. Technically speaking the character is either 100% in or 0% in.
In reality, you're absolutely right. It's either Geno is 100% coming or he's not, but since we don't know Sakurai's will, we can only assess his chances based on the data we have which is positive but uncertain. There are enough indicators and rumors from semi-reputable sources to give him more than a 0% chance, but until we get something concrete like an SNK-style Nintendo leak, blatant datamine, or leaked gameplay footage, we can't know for 100% if he's in yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still hoping Crash is fighter #5. I'm expecting it to be Hayabusa though. And I'm just anticipating the grand return of Geno either way!

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
The starling image is still a thing? I thought nobody knew what the starling image was. Did something change to where he announced that they knew what it was?
We still don't know exactly what the Starling was for. Might've been for Geno, might've been for something else, might've not meant anything. It's up in the air as far as I'm aware

(though if you want to share a ton foil hat with me, I think it's pretty interesting that the Starling image was shared the same month this leaked Mii Costume list was floating around)

D

Deleted member

The starling image is still a thing? I thought nobody knew what the starling image was. Did something change to where he announced that they knew what it was? I'm sure if it wasn't Geno he'd come out and outright say it wasn't, there's no need to keep it a secret. This makes me think that the starling bird is indeed related to Geno. They shutdown everything else we thought it could be related to, now all of the sudden they know EXACTLY what it is and they won't tell us? Either they know for sure it's Geno oe they still don't know what it actually is yet.
For whatever reason I'm remembering it being mentioned that they do know what it is, but it's been literally hundreds of pages. I could easily just be misremembering something.

D

Deleted member

FP 5: Ryu Hayabusa
Post Pass 1: Geno
Post Pass 2: Crash
Post Pass 3: Bandana Dee
Post Pass 4: Master Cheif

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I want to first thank you for your speedy and detailed reply. That said, here's my two cents on the matter:

-If the leaker really did predict the reveal of Goemon and Rocket Grunts, then those two costumes alone are a huge boon to their credibility due to the seemingly random nature of their inclusion, at least for the time in which they were revealed....however...
-The fact that they also predicted Mallow, Smithy and Chocobo which DIDN'T come to pass, that kinda hurts the street cred they earned with the costumes mentioned above
-The upside is that if Mallow, Smithy and Chocobo DO end up as real costumes, then this leak would all but confirm Geno as a playable fighter. There would be no other possible scenario if those were confirmed as costumes and Geno wasn't.
-The real question I have is whether we have a time-stamped screenshot or some kind of evidence to prove that this leaker actually presented this info PRIOR to B-K's release. Otherwise, it's you usual BS artist.
I don't think the lack of Smithy and Mallow Costumes not showing up yet hurts his credibility because those Costumes would have to be with a Geno reveal. Reveal it anywhere else with no Geno Costume, and it'll be obvious that Geno is coming soon. Though I do have concerns over whether or not this leaker is pulling people's leg since he was considered a troll before hand

Regarding the last bullet, the leak was presented before Banjo Kazooie. PapaGenos had asked a bunch of other people about the list and they all confirmed that they did see that list back in July. So it does look like this list isn't fabricated

D

Deleted member

wynn728 wynn728 @Serenade01

If this was a troll, why not just say Geno is a fighter? Why include BOTH Mallow and Smithy as Mii Suits? Wouldn’t just Mallow suffice?
To make you ask that question. Chess, not checkers.

The starling image is still a thing? I thought nobody knew what the starling image was. Did something change to where he announced that they knew what it was? I'm sure if it wasn't Geno he'd come out and outright say it wasn't, there's no need to keep it a secret. This makes me think that the starling bird is indeed related to Geno. They shutdown everything else we thought it could be related to, now all of the sudden they know EXACTLY what it is and they won't tell us? Either they know for sure it's Geno or they still don't know what it actually is yet.
We still don't know exactly what the Starling was for. Might've been for Geno, might've been for something else, might've not meant anything. It's up in the air as far as I'm aware

(though if you want to share a ton foil hat with me, I think it's pretty interesting that the Starling image was shared the same month this leaked Mii Costume list was floating around)
Ok, because I had a moment to spare:
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-ha-ha-geno-1-in-multi-discord-poll.446378/page-1347#post-23519539

They know. If the Starling is Geno these guys are actually torture resistant CIA agents because I would have already burnt the house down telling you guys what's good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Firox

Smash Master
I don't think the lack of Smithy and Mallow Costumes not showing up yet hurts his credibility because those Costumes would have to be with a Geno reveal. Reveal it anywhere else with no Geno Costume, and it'll be obvious that Geno is coming soon. Though I do have concerns over whether or not this leaker is pulling people's leg since he was considered a troll before hand

Regarding the last bullet, the leak was presented before Banjo Kazooie. PapaGenos had asked a bunch of other people about the list and they all confirmed that they did see that list back in July. So it does look like this list isn't fabricated
I see what you're saying about the Smithy and Mallow Costumes not showing up yet. It makes sense, I'm just saying that I find it suspicious that they would list those two alongside the others that DID get revealed without specifying that they would come at a later date. It could be that the leaker simply didn't know WHEN they were coming, but still, I'm trying to objective about this. I gotta say, if we have evidence corroborating that this list was made BEFORE B-K's release, then I would say Geno's chances would be well over 50%. In all honesty, I would be more shocked to NOT see Geno getting in at this point. I'm keeping my expectations tempered, mind you, but let's just say I'm liking where this is going.

T2by4

Smash Lord
T2by4 T2by4 : Basically the insiders that Sabi interacts with that she's shared with us have rated Geno's chances at 50% at worst. That's the gist of it. Only a few still lowball him with most predicting positive.
Is that solely because of the mii costume thing though?

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I see what you're saying about the Smithy and Mallow Costumes not showing up yet. It makes sense, I'm just saying that I find it suspicious that they would list those two alongside the others that DID get revealed without specifying that they would come at a later date. It could be that the leaker simply didn't know WHEN they were coming, but still, I'm trying to objective about this. I gotta say, if we have evidence corroborating that this list was made BEFORE B-K's release, then I would say Geno's chances would be well over 50%. In all honesty, I would be more shocked to NOT see Geno getting in at this point. I'm keeping my expectations tempered, mind you, but let's just say I'm liking where this is going.
I can totally get that. I'm somewhat in the same boat. Leaker being a troll previously does raise some eyebrows regarding the stuff on this list that hasn't been revealed yet. Though this list does seem promising

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
If the leaker really did predict the reveal of Goemon and Rocket Grunts, then those two costumes alone are a huge boon to their credibility due to the seemingly random nature of their inclusion, at least for the time in which they were revealed....however...
-The real question I have is whether we have a time-stamped screenshot or some kind of evidence to prove that this leaker actually presented this info PRIOR to B-K's release. Otherwise, it's just your usual BS artist.

While I see your point I dont think that’s really a hole. He never said when the costumes were happening just that they we’re happening. We have seen things get leaked earlier the released before take hero for an example. Plus this list also came out before hero’s showcase and there’s no dq miis on there but still got most of them. So the order does not seem to matter.[/QUOTE]

Edit god this site is weird sometimes

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Based on my experience, leaks having long delivery times is not unusual. Banjo took roughly 8 months to come true from leak to reality and Hero was nearly a year. Basically three months with more than half of the list already coming true with little precedent behind the picks is surprisingly fast when it comes to leak timelines.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
A time stamp on the Mii Costume leak would be nice to ensure it wasn't photoshopped. But I am at least thankful a few credible people are at least confirming it to be around July. I am just on edge about it being Grinch/Plant 2.0

D

Deleted member

Ok, something that crossed my mind - the Mii Costumes leak came before not only Banjo, but Hero as well. 7/19/2019, according to the screenshot that Papagenos keeps using. Why not have any of the Dragon Quest mii costumes, but have three Square costumes completely unrelated? Given the proximity to release, the Dragon Quest ones should have been easy pickings...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is that solely because of the mii costume thing though?
No. We've run around a lot of the talking points numerous times but a basic summary of them is: he's pretty much never left the conversation in serious circles, no matter how dire things have looked, and a lot of people are coming around to admitting that the coincidences are piled pretty high and it seems like something new is thrown on the pile every couple of months. A lot of people are now leaning towards positive because the two outcomes are either he's in or he's gotten this far from sheer dumb luck and an avalanche of seemingly related incidences.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Ok, something that crossed my mind - the Mii Costumes leak came before not only Banjo, but Hero as well. 7/19/2019, according to the screenshot that Papagenos keeps using. Why not have any of the Dragon Quest mii costumes, but have three Square costumes completely unrelated? Given the proximity to release, the Dragon Quest ones should have been easy pickings...
It is weird to me as well. Can someone provide an explanation to why this might be the case?

D

Deleted member

Perhaps that's all the source told them?
If you know the ones that are coming with Banjo (sans Sans) and some that are coming in the future, though, how do you not know the ones that are coming next?

Also, I happen to have his avatar. I have no idea who made it, it was on /v/ back after the Grinch leak. Props to them, it looks nice.
http://i.imgur.com/JLm5ir9.jpg

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
The current level of speculation and the continuous increase of Geno talk within these speculation circles have me wondering if, at the current rate things are going, we'll end up with a particularly nice little DLC stocking stuffer near the end of the holidays.

What a Christmas present this would turn out to be.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
No. We've run around a lot of the talking points numerous times but a basic summary of them is: he's pretty much never left the conversation in serious circles, no matter how dire things have looked, and a lot of people are coming around to admitting that the coincidences are piled pretty high and it seems like something new is thrown on the pile every couple of months. A lot of people are now leaning towards positive because the two outcomes are either he's in or he's gotten this far from sheer dumb luck and an avalanche of seemingly related incidences.
Hesitant to ask, but I'm curious. Not sure if you can answer this, but is the stuff being thrown on the pile referring to stuff like the Mii Costume missing and the music takedowns? Or is there more coincidences behind the scenes we don't know about? Or both?

D0ct0r

Smash Cadet
Is Nintendo choosing the post Fighter Pass characters too? If so, I'm not too sure if they would pick Geno. Hopefully they will though. :dizzy:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hesitant to ask, but I'm curious. Not sure if you can answer this, but is the stuff being thrown on the pile referring to stuff like the Mii Costume missing and the music takedowns? Or is there more coincidences behind the scenes we don't know about? Or both?
Stuff out in the open. It's kind of ironic to recognize that a lot of the Geno stuff has gotten out and it's not even my fault. And, again, that's another thing. It's just been a constant stream of backroom talk since, like, last September that has bit by bit been made public by different people so it highlights that this info is coming from a variety of channels and isn't secretly me with a rusty typewriter kek'ing into the night air as I spread unabashed lies (according to some accounts I've read about me).

D

Deleted member

Stuff out in the open. It's kind of ironic to recognize that a lot of the Geno stuff has gotten out and it's not even my fault. And, again, that's another thing. It's just been a constant stream of backroom talk since, like, last September that has bit by bit been made public by different people so it highlights that this info is coming from a variety of channels and isn't secretly me with a rusty typewriter kek'ing into the night air as I spread unabashed lies (according to some accounts I've read about me).
Nice try, but I figured out a long time ago that when people say "different people" and "variety of channels" it's triple backwards underwater doublespeak for "I own and operate 600 sock puppets on every social media network"

The jig is up.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
It is incredibly hard to shake this hilarious mental image of a blue popeye in sunglasses swinging away at a typewriter while going "AAAa-kek-kek-kek-kek" ad nauseam, punctuated with the Ding! as he starts over from the beginning.

D0ct0r

Smash Cadet
I've been pretty confident in Geno, myself. That costume leak sounds pretty promising.
:chuckle:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
I know youre unable to tell us what the starling is, but is it still relevant to speculation and still hasnt come to pass? Thanks.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice if you can't tell us that's fine, but you mentioned that there are a few names squeaking around in regards to leakers. How many are frequently talked about in the speculation scene?

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I'm gonna burn a bridge here and just lay it out flat. The starling image is referencing a top sekrit silence of the lambs survival horror game, and the image references the lead character clarice starling. Boom! Now you know!

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice if you can't tell us that's fine, but you mentioned that there are a few names squeaking around in regards to leakers. How many are frequently talked about in the speculation scene?
Earlier he said he was unable to say any names other than Crash, Ryu, and Geno, but there are 7 being heavily talked about, those 3 + 4 more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom