• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Why did anybody ever act like Spirits deconfirm fighters when every single fighter has a Spirit except for the Plant?
Because the five DLC characters were definitely chosen way in advance so they know what character wasn't going to be used and turn them into a Spirit instead, which is why all 4 DLC Fighters don't have Spirits. With more DLC being made this late in the development cycle there a great chance that character that were Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes and Spirits will have a second chance since they went into this without thinking they would make more than the original five.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I was browsing gamefaqs (as you do :/) and saw a post claiming that Sabi said there would be a Tales Of announcement soon. Has anyone found a source on this? I checked Sabi’s twitter but dont see anything.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So, is this just a dry spell in the speculation cycle? Any leaks to talk of?
It's not much, and is most likely fake, but there's this.
For clarity, "Homuhika" is a portmanteau of Pyra and Mythra's japanese names, and "Lex" is Rex from Xenoblade 2.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For clarity, "Homuhika" is a portmanteau of Pyra and Mythra's japanese names, and "Lex" is Rex from Xenoblade 2.
So, what is 5chan agian? I think I kinda know what it is, but what country is it for?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I kinda doubt they’d make Rex playable when they showed off his Mii costume literally at the start at DLC. Like, what’s the point?

link2702

Smash Champion
So, is this just a dry spell in the speculation cycle? Any leaks to talk of?
Yes to dry spell, No to leaks

There’s just not anything to really talk about atm...

Btw, i saw a post awhile back asking about this and don’t remember if i saw a response, but does anyone know what happened to fatmanonice? I haven’t seen him post in quite awhile.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Reimu, Rex, Ryu Hayabusa, Phoenix Wright, Geno, Lloyd
Reimu was just deconfirmed though

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

Btw, i saw a post awhile back asking about this and don’t remember if i saw a response, but does anyone know what happened to fatmanonice? I haven’t seen him post in quite awhile.
I think that either something more important might have happened irl or given the timing it was related to the starling fiasco. I don't know if anyone here is still in contact with him but he went cold turkey over a month ago now and I doubt we'll be hearing from him here any time soon unfortunately.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

I think most of us who have been around for over 10 years just don’t have the time or desire to be avid posters during slow times. For us, the last 13 years have basically been 99% slow news periods and that really chips away at your sanity if you are checking here religiously the whole time. There are only so many times you can talk about movesets, music, and trailer desires. He’ll be back when there is something worth talking about.

We are in a great position here with additional DLC being announced and the absence of Geno’s mii costume, but there just isn’t much to discuss. And I have literally no desire to read posts in here about other characters that people want or expect. Thats why i really preach positivity and excitement during the times where we actually have news or something to look forward to. It makes these slow times worth it

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Anyone remember the Gematsu leak? I started thinking about it again during the Grinch Leak anniversary. Man that leak takes me back...

Btw, I 100% believe that the leaker was right. I just think he got early information. As he predicted everyone other than Rosalina (which is an oddity), Bowser Jr., and Duck Hunt (though those last two I chalk up to being later additions, as Sakurai said Bowser Jr. barely made it).

Chrom was officially confirmed to be planned for Smash 4, but ultimately scrapped for Robin. ...at least Chrom got a happy ending in Ultimate. The only character who haven't gotten such a good ending are the Chorus Kids. Man, I'm not even into Rhythm Heaven that much and I feel so bad for them.

When Robin and Lucina were shown off, everyone assumed the Gematsu leaker was fake. But once we found that Chrom was planned and that there was a fighter data for someone codenamed "rhythm," it seems clear that the Gematsu leak was true just early information.

I really hope the Chorus Kids get in someday, but I doubt they'll be DLC, as they are niche and also don't have a big outcry (like say Geno). Geno is niche, but he at least has a bigger outcry in the Smash fandom (which is how King K. Rool as well as Banjo & Kazooie got in). A Rhythm Heaven representative just doesn't have that unfortunately. Which sucks because a (presumably) trio character would've been so cool, if only the 3DS didn't hold them back (that's what I chalk their absence, as Ice Climbers were cut for that reason). Maybe someday they can get in.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Also I wouldn't say reimu is "deconfirmed" beyond the fighters pass. As much as her fans seem to think otherwise just having him mention smash like that puts them leagues ahead of where they were before. I'm still going to write her off until something actually eye catching happens, like at least to what doomguy has so far, but ironically that quote probably did more good than harm for her chances overall.

So I was looking at the op again and it made me REALLY hope geno's alts are based on the canonical illustrations of his different armor pieces in game instead of just the same old recolors everyone gets. doesn't feel likely given how Sak has operated in the past but that would be too cool. Hope dlc status might make it happen anyway.

D

Deleted member

My thoughts on DLC so far is pretty OK. I’m definitely getting Banjo. I’m not that interested in Joker personally and rather get characters that are more associated with Nintendo.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Hey papagenos papagenos . I saw your latest vid on the current status of smash leaks. When it came to that last guy that claimed that ryu and geno were coming, how confident are you that they're telling the truth? Could the evidence they presented have simply been edited or is it from a site that is currently up now with what they claimed still in writing.

What's everyones thoughts on it?

Sorry I should have elaborated more. here's the "leak:

Hayabusapiranhaplantleak.jpg

it was from a random discord person who I had never spoken to before so DEFINITELY be wary of it. I'm wary of it myself which is why I just put it at the end of a video and didn't try and give it a ton of attention. but its still worth noting as they DID give me some "proof" what they were claiming was legit.

The "proof" they gave me was a link to a facebook post from november 1st saying piranha plant. They claim this is a post from their friend who is now saying Ryu Hayabusa as DLC5 and then Geno at some point later. I have no way of knowing for sure the post is actually from their friend but it does exist, I have a link to it. They claim their friend hasn't been wrong yet. They want to keep themselves and their friend anonymous so I can't really share the facebook post publicly. im also unsure if FB posts can be easily edited so again im wary of trusting it outright but thought it was note worthy enough to mention in a video.

I could share the Facebook post link with PolarPanda PolarPanda and we could both look further into this one if people would like me to, that would help at least give what I'm saying some back up here. I basically haven't yet done a lot of digging further into this one simply because I've been really busy lately.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 241938

it was from a random discord person who I had never spoken to before so DEFINITELY be wary of it. I'm wary of it myself which is why I just put it at the end of a video and didn't try and give it a ton of attention. but its still worth noting as they DID give me some "proof" what they were claiming was legit.

The "proof" they gave me was a link to a facebook post from november 1st saying piranha plant. They claim this is a post from their friend who is now saying Ryu Hayabusa as DLC5 and then Geno at some point later. I have no way of knowing for sure the post is actually from their friend but it does exist, I have a link to it. They claim their friend hasn't been wrong yet. They want to keep themselves and their friend anonymous so I can't really share the facebook post publicly. im also unsure if FB posts can be easily edited so again im wary of trusting it outright but thought it was note worthy enough to mention in a video.

I could share the Facebook post link with PolarPanda PolarPanda and we could both look further into this one if people would like me to, that would help at least give what I'm saying some back up here. I basically haven't yet done a lot of digging further into this one simply because I've been really busy lately.
Was there any other proof that the source gave you?

Last edited by a moderator:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Was there any other proof that the source gave you?
No just a link to a FB post about piranha plant a day before piranha plant was revealed (its posted 1am on november 1st so well before the smash direct revealed piranha plant).

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

View attachment 241938

I could share the Facebook post link with PolarPanda PolarPanda and we could both look further into this one if people would like me to, that would help at least give what I'm saying some back up here. I basically haven't yet done a lot of digging further into this one simply because I've been really busy lately.[/QUOTE]
Please do share it with her. I would like to see how you two looking into this ultimately turns out.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I do think we're in a dry spell for Smash but it is not nearly as bad as the one between Joker's Announcement and Joker's release. I actually think that the two month waiting period for Terry to be released is extremely tolerable compared to past fighters. This month has flown by really quickly, so Terry will be upon us soon enough, as well as the announcement for fighter #5.

Also, I'm making an intro to a comic I hope to make, so please share your opinions on it!

Attachments

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I kinda doubt they’d make Rex playable when they showed off his Mii costume literally at the start at DLC. Like, what’s the point?
Xenoblade Chronicles keeps getting bigger and they noticed all of the Rex/Pyra popularity and decided to cash in on it? I think it's pretty natural to assume that their thought process when selecting Wave 2 of DLC was different from the Fighter's Pass in regards to what was happening at each time, so that's why we could see someone like Rex/Pyra become fully playable.

Reimu, Rex, Ryu Hayabusa, Phoenix Wright, Geno, Lloyd
Reimu was just deconfirmed though
I mean, we've been over this. If you say your character isn't in something, it doesn't break NDA and thus doesn't serve as a disconfirmation. It's actually incredibly hard to disconfirm characters at this point.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Xenoblade Chronicles keeps getting bigger and they noticed all of the Rex/Pyra popularity and decided to cash in on it? I think it's pretty natural to assume that their thought process when selecting Wave 2 of DLC was different from the Fighter's Pass in regards to what was happening at each time, so that's why we could see someone like Rex/Pyra become fully playable.

I mean, we've been over this. If you say your character isn't in something, it doesn't break NDA and thus doesn't serve as a disconfirmation. It's actually incredibly hard to disconfirm characters at this point.
You're not really expecting those characters, all of them, to get in and that this leak will turn out true, are you?

link2702

Smash Champion
I think that either something more important might have happened irl or given the timing it was related to the starling fiasco. I don't know if anyone here is still in contact with him but he went cold turkey over a month ago now and I doubt we'll be hearing from him here any time soon unfortunately.
i'm hoping nothing serious happened...

Trying to look on some sort of bright side.....maybe he got actual confirmation of Geno and the starling was a hint, and he got to even see beta/in development footage, and yet to keep himself from spoiling everything he's just went completely silent.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I remember reading awhile ago that someone was in contact with him, and that he had to leave for a bit due to his personal life. Can’t remember who said it though unfortunately

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yes, actually, I did. I was curious to know.
Oh, you meant the specific leak. Nah, I don't believe the leak or any of the others, I just don't think we can write off characters easily these days when we saw that Grant Kirkhope could literally say "when pigs fly" about Banjo & Kazooie in Smash while working on it. I think the characters themselves make a decent enough amount of sense, though they're very typical options all around. Geno, Lloyd Irving, another Capcom character, and Ryu Hayabusa all make sense though.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh, you meant the specific leak. Nah, I don't believe the leak or any of the others, I just don't think we can write off characters easily these days when we saw that Grant Kirkhope could literally say "when pigs fly" about Banjo & Kazooie in Smash while working on it. I think the characters themselves make a decent enough amount of sense, though they're very typical options all around. Geno, Lloyd Irving, another Capcom character, and Ryu Hayabusa all make sense though.
Oh, I get it now. And yeah, I did mean that leak. Thanks for clarifying.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I remember reading awhile ago that someone was in contact with him, and that he had to leave for a bit due to his personal life. Can’t remember who said it though unfortunately
I remember seeing this too. I think fatman is fine, just needed some time

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I'm sure part of the reason Fatman hasn't been around lately is that there just isn't much to discuss. To be blunt though I'm sure another reason is the fact that last time he tried to speculate on rumors and "leaks" it ended up turning into a massive ****show because people kept hounding him, taking his words out of context, and accusing him of being a whole mess of things just because he was on the "inside". If I was him I wouldn't want to speculate here when there's no concrete information either tbh even if it was his own opinions. Because there are most definitely people on this thread who have quickly thrown him under the bus over misunderstandings and also would badger him and/or read too far into what he's saying. And even if he did hear a plausible leak in the future I doubt he'd share it here because of that. This is the consequence of people not being able to keep their **** together when it comes to leaks lol

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Gyakuten Saiban!? That's Ace Attorney in Japanese!!!

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wait, about that leak, the one with Reimu in to, how would the leaker know that all these characters would be coming out AT this time? I mean, making separate DLC takes a while, and I doubt the leaker could get all this information at once if they weren’t all being made at the same time.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Wait, about that leak, the one with Reimu in to, how would the leaker know that all these characters would be coming out AT this time? I mean, making separate DLC takes a while, and I doubt the leaker could get all this information at once if they weren’t all being made at the same time.
Yeah, it really seems like just another text leak tbh. Plus with the whole “people saying no doesnt deconfirm” seems more like the exception than the rule. As far as I know the only time this happened was with Grant and Banjo, but my game theory is that Nintendo gave him special permission to say no to up the reveal hype. Theres a lot of dev/VA deconfirmations that didnt lead to anything. Dante, Steve, etc.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, it really seems like just another text leak tbh. Plus with the whole “people saying no doesnt deconfirm” seems more like the exception than the rule. As far as I know the only time this happened was with Grant and Banjo, but my game theory is that Nintendo gave him special permission to say no to up the reveal hype. Theres a lot of dev/VA deconfirmations that didnt lead to anything. Dante, Steve, etc.
Of course! I did hear Grant was some kind of a trollish guy (in a good way) before Banjo and Kazooie were revealed. So I would not so surprised if they gave Grant permission to say no about that.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Full translation for it.
Post 1
Reimu is coming.
I don't know when though.
Also not sure about Pyra and Mythra but Rex is definitely in too.
Ninja Gaiden and Ace Attorney are coming as well.
Geno from Super Mario RPG, and Tales series are joining.
I guess that's all for now.
May be there will be more but I don't think negotiations haven't started yet.
I don't know the order.
Post 2 (Who's represented as the Tales series?)
Probably Lloyd of Symphonia.
Actually both Lloyd and Yuri are said to be joining but I think Yuri is for Mii.

Post 3 (Who are you?)
I'm nobody...
These things come out a little about a year or a year and half before.
Tend to get forgotten because info dies out after getting into actual development, but things leak out in the very initial stage of marketing strategies.

Post 4 (Are you the same guy posted the suppposed early ballot result?)
That's new to me.
That kind of internal data usually don't leak out.

Post 5 (Reply to the ballot result leak)
If this is legit then I think only someone from Nintendo HQ can leak...
At least, this is not the kind of information I can get from my position, even if I hear rumors, it's impossible to know this much detailed.

Post 6 (You said definite for Rex so you do have backups for your source right?)
Well, it's not something from vague so yeah.
May be definitely isn't the word I should've use but 99% correct without a doubt.
Decent lineup but no.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
"These things come out a little about a year or a year and half before."
Yeah, obvious fake rofl. If they didn't say that, maybe they would have been able to pull the wool over some very gullible eyes, but nah. The only time we knew of a character way in advance was Hero, that being for 6-9 months, I believe? Worst kept secret in Smash history, honestly. :drshrug:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Yeah, obvious fake rofl. If they didn't say that, maybe they would have been able to pull the wool over some very gullible eyes, but nah. The only time we knew of a character way in advance was Hero, that being for 6-9 months, I believe? Worst kept secret in Smash history, honestly. :drshrug:
I think that title belongs to this guy, actually:
FC25CFEA-657B-4F8C-902D-332E30BDA30D.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom