• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
I
If Lloyd ends up being the 5th dlc character, would your hopes for Geno change at all?

I would be more hopeful due to the fact that Lloyd's Mii costume is also one of the few missing in Ultimate, and I took his Mii costume being included in Smash4 as being due to the Fighters Ballot results. Geno is in this exact same situation with his Mii costume, so I would feel like it would be way more likely that he'd be one of the DLC fighters outside the pass if Lloyd is fighter #5.
I think Geno is going to be outside wave 1 fighter pass. Maybe the “wave 2” fighters might not have a stage to go along side them. I just find it odd that Geno would have a stage and only two tracks, especially how generous each character has come out with more than two tracks (DQ has 8 I believe).

but I want to be wrong lol

I would want Geno, Bower’s Keep (w/ Exor & all bosses in SMRPG being Stage hazards) and a whole bunch of songs from the game. That would be so awesome!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Dear God no...

Also, I totally forgot about Psychonauts! Would they even be eligible for Smash?
Raz appeared in Bit.Trip Runner 2 on the Wii U as DLC, and Double Fine is owned by Microsoft now, so it seems like it.

...I've been waiting for Psychonauts 2 for over a decade, so I'll take any Psychonauts news that I can get haha.

D

Deleted member

Man really when you think about it, Super Mario RPG is the first Mario related title to delve into any sort of lore. The series is known for leaving that sort of thing to imagination; details, that is. But it's a franchise with both plentiful and lovable characters, so you're left to fill in a lot of blanks. SMRPG is so great because it introduced an expansive cast of cool characters, and expanded upon the personalites and tendancies of existing ones. Mario "canon" is ****ing weird. The furthest they've delved into storylines in the mainline series is Super Mario Sunshine, which may have something to do with it being my favorite. (There is an argument for Galaxy, but you really have to look for that game's lore.)

It truly is a blessing that Square was able to pull out this one. It's a damn shame Nimbus Land or its people were never topics of interest ever again, or any of the game's other original characters for that matter. It will always be headcanon to me that Wario is either a descendant of Booster, or that he is Booster who has maniacally dedicated his life to presenting himself in a manner similar to Mario in hopes of winning over Princess Toadstool.

What I really want to get at, though, is that this is what makes Geno so badass. He's the product of Mario's first venture into storytelling. A character that takes many artistic liberties that would no doubt be thrown by the wayside in Mario's current artistic direction. He's the embodiment of something truly unique, both familiar and equally as "out there". Dude is representative of something that will likely never happen again.
yfw thanks to these reasons, all this time, Miyamoto was somehow blocking Geno from getting in

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Geno would just be a photoshopped pinocchio

Anyway here are my ideal/predictions for the WOL 11 spots if they were all to be taken up.

FP #5: Crash Bandicoot (popular character in the west and decently popular in the east so a well-rounded character to end the fighters pass with)

1. Bandana Waddle Dee (One of the biggest Nintendo characters not playable yet and to show that there will still be some 1st party characters, even though I still think 3rd parties will be the majority.

2. Phoenix Wright (Out of left field pick who has a moderately vocal fanbase and a lot of history with Nintendo dating back to 2001)

3. Doom Slayer (Popular pick for the West and is an important character as Doom popularized the FPS genre)

4. Rayman (Come on, Nintendo and Ubisoft have such a strong relationship and I believe Rayman was the only non-playable third party character in Smash 4 to get his own trophy. Popular, recognizable character with Nintendo history. I'm honestly shocked this hasn't happened yet)

5. Rex/Pyra (Some of the biggest and most popular characters not playable yet. Sakurai wanted to make this happen and while I think Mii costumes destroys a character's chances, I think Sakurai would make an exception for this)

6. Steve (Minecraft is the best selling game of all time so that alone gives Steve a lot of profit potential due to marketing and iconicness. While it might be hard to make his movements and moveset not be so janky and stand out like a sore thumb, this is Smash we are talking about. Sakurai has made miracles with movesets before. Look at Game & Watch, the characters in his games are stiff, yet he works very well as a fighter. Steve has some potential for a creative moveset such as a possible crafting system and items like potions and TNT. Like him or not, he is very well possible)

7. Heihachi (Bandai Namco deserves another rep and I think at this point it might just happen. He is a villian and a fighting game rep so there is more representation in those regards and he is arguably the face the Tekken so he would probably be the Tekken rep)

8. Leon (Resident Evil is one of the biggest game series not represented in Smash yet and the horror genre has not gotten any deserved representation besides maybe Castlevania. The franchise is huge with a ton of Nintendo history and I would be surprised if we didn't get a resident Evil rep. I'm expecting Leon with Jill and Chris as alt costumes)

9. Geno (One of the top requested characters and would round up the Mario series quite nicely as the Mario RPG games don't have much representation)

10. Waluigi (I'm going ballsy with this one. What would be more unexpected than for a character trailer showing Waluigi breaking out of his assist trophy box and taking control of himself? He would break the internet and round the roster nicely as a sports rep and an ultimate fan pick and breaker of the biggest fan rule (I think it's a fan rule))

And there you have it. I tried to be realistic, unbiased, and varied. I was thinking of an indie character (Minecraft is no longer an indie game because it's now owned by one of the biggest companies in the world) but decided against it because Shovel Knight is an assist trophy and even with Undertale's explosion in popularity, Sans only got a Mii Costume and one song. Shantae is probably the biggest runner up alongside Quote and arguably Reimu, but they don't seem like the type of characters that are getting in at this point. It's definitely possible, but it seems like Nintendo are mostly interested in working with big companies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I agree with most of DanganZilla's choices, but i'd also honestly throw in Sora in there. Oddly enough, despite the whole "Geno vs. Sora" war, I think Sora's chances actually go up if Geno makes it in. I mean, think about it. If Nintendo and Square were willing to work to bring back a "dead character", they might just be willing to work with Disney, if they can even manage that.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Where is Ryu? Like legit, Heihachi, but not Ryu, who is far more likely?
At this point, likelihood is entirely in the eye of the beholder. It's not like pre-E3, where (even if it was begrudgingly) it was hard to deny that a Dragon Quest character was incredibly likely to get into Smash because of the series' legacy, sheer popularity in Japan, Square-Enix's involvement in Smash, and Nintendo heavily pushing (and publishing) Dragon Quest 11. (along with publishing a ton of other Dragon Quest games)

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Where is Ryu? Like legit, Heihachi, but not Ryu, who is far more likely?

Good point. It was hard narrowing it down to just eleven and I feel that Ryu Hayabusa is likely, but one of the big reasons why people are predicting him is because of Iamshifty. He did get Ryu being the 4th character wrong and while I don't think that discredits him at all, it does make me a bit hesitant to believe him. Plus Ryu is getting in Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate, coincidentally coming out in February. As PapaGenos discussed, it's possible he might have just mixed up the game due to the word Ultimate in both games and maybe hearing the character coming out in February, which is coincidentally also the month when the 5th fighter is due.

Plus, I wanted to go with a character like Heihachi who is a bit more unlikely because as Joker and Terry shows us, characters who are less likely could easily get in over someone who appears to be much more likely. I legit thought Steve was more likely than Banjo because as Microsoft owns Rare, it would have made more sense financially to include Steve as Minecraft is on multiple Nintendo consoles and Minecraft is way more relevant than Banjo so Steve would sell like hot cakes due to his iconicness alone. Yet, here we are with Banjo in Smash and Steve in no sight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At this point, likelihood is entirely in the eye of the beholder. It's not like pre-E3, where (even if it was begrudgingly) it was hard to deny that a Dragon Quest character was incredibly likely to get into Smash because of the series' legacy, sheer popularity in Japan, Square-Enix's involvement in Smash, and Nintendo heavily pushing (and publishing) Dragon Quest 11. (along with publishing a ton of other Dragon Quest games)
and the fact that leakers the world over were swearing by a Dragon Quest character basically before the game even came out.

I agree that it's getting to the point that people are bandwagoning on characters they aren't necessarily looking forward to because someone presented some convincing argument, and in general it feels like (here especially) people are less willing to hear the "reasons" a character is unlikely vs what they have going for them. You wouldn't have been able to convince a person in the world that Joker or Terry was going to get into Smash before it happened, and I don't really see why people would start to assume that any character is a lock just because Hero was logical and Banjo was what "everyone wanted".

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It feels like Doomguy is like Vergeben's Minecraft content claim: constantly referred to, present in every leak, Nintendo events come and go and nothing comes from it, comes up in the next leak, etc.

I saw a 'Do you want Geno vs other character' thread and it was filled with the usual: 'Dead series, old game, 20+ years of nothing, side character, no personality, brings nothing new to Smash, forgotten series, not deserving, nostalgia blinded fans. etc.' But the other choice was well received and people felt they were deserving and perfect.

The other pick? Crono.

I think the irony from this almost killed me.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
It feels like Doomguy is like Vergeben's Minecraft content claim: constantly referred to, present in every leak, Nintendo events come and go and nothing comes from it, comes up in the next leak, etc.

I saw a 'Do you want Geno vs other character' thread and it was filled with the usual: 'Dead series, old game, 20+ years of nothing, side character, no personality, brings nothing new to Smash, forgotten series, not deserving, nostalgia blinded fans. etc.' But the other choice was well received and people felt they were deserving and perfect.

The other pick? Crono.

LOL, the irony was too funny!

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Guys, Geno can't be in Smash because he'd be another anime character! He's literally a star piloting a wooden Gundam.:ultpacman:

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My bad. I meant Geno is literally a star piloting a wooden Gurren Lagann (Gunmen).
You know, Geno does pierce the heavens, too... albeit in the reverse direction to descend to our planet.

He's a TTGL character, guys. He's fourth party. Deconfirmed. :( :( :(

D

Deleted member

You know, Geno does pierce the heavens, too... albeit in the reverse direction to descend to our planet.

He's a TTGL character, guys. He's fourth party. Deconfirmed. :( :( :(
Welp, that's it. Pack it up, boys. Can't believe it took us 20 something years to figure this out.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
My ideal 11 would be:

FP5: Master Chief. Brought him up a few pages ago, but he’s the only character I want more than Geno at this point. I honestly don’t even think Banjo’s appearance hurts his overall chances all that much, because neither Banjo nor Steve were really ever in the running for “Xbox’s mascot”, a title that Chief holds uncontestedly. Having him fight other big mascots like Mario and Sonic would be pretty amazing.

XP1: Bandana Waddle Dee. Quite a wanted character in Japan, could have a really neat element-swapping mechanic, and would be the first new Kirby rep since Brawl.

XP2: Geno. I shouldn’t need to elaborate, and the only reason he’s third in the list is because it’d make him fighter #77.

XP3: Rex. He was too late to make FP1, hopefully he gets a chance here.

XP4: Linkle. “Another Link? We already have three of them!” Well, Linkle would actually play incredibly differently, mainly using crossbows, kicks, and... Cuccos. Could make for a legitimately fun playstyle, and would be the first fully unique Zelda character since Melee.

XP5. Porky. The first original Earthbound/Mother rep since 64, and a giant super-heavy spider mech.

XP6: Vault Boy. Out of the potential Bethesda reps, he’d be the most out-of-nowhere, but I think he’d have a lot of really neat, cartoonish moves.

XP7: Phoenix Wright. Already has moveset potential thanks to UMVC3, and is a fan-favorite.

XP8: Solaire. A Dark Souls rep has incredible potential, and personally he seems the most likely out of all characters from the series.

XP9: Shantae. A highly-requested indie rep with a neat transformation mechanic.

XP10: Ratchet and Clank. Ending off with a bang, a Sony rep to tie everything together.

After the recent Blizzard stuff, I’m not comfortable with putting characters like Tracer and Crash on this list, which is a shame.

Also, here are my predictions, which I’ll just list off instead of going in-depth on. I don’t have anything specifically against most of these characters, they just aren’t as personally wanted as the ones above, besides Geno of course.

FP5: Doomguy
XP1: Waluigi
XP2: Geno
XP3: Lloyd
XP4: Isaac
XP5: Dante
XP6: Steve
XP7: Ryu Hayabusa
XP8: Leon Kennedy
XP9: Crash
XP10: Sora

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I agree that it's getting to the point that people are bandwagoning on characters they aren't necessarily looking forward to because someone presented some convincing argument, and in general it feels like (here especially) people are less willing to hear the "reasons" a character is unlikely vs what they have going for them.
This reminds me of a quote from the first Men in Black movie when Tommy Lee Jones is sitting on a bench with Will Smith. "1,500 years ago, everybody 'knew' that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody 'knew' that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you 'knew' that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll 'know' tomorrow..."

D

Deleted member

XP6: Vault Boy: Out of the potential Bethesda reps, he’d be the most out-of-nowhere, but I think he’d have a lot of really neat, cartoonish moves.
I really don't think of Vault Boy as out of nowhere. He's the mascot of the Fallout series, barring "guy in power armor" who, granted, has graced the cover of more Fallout titles than Vault Boy, but he's the kind of Sakurai pick that wouldn't surprise me. If Bethesda is going to get a rep, it's more likely to be Vault Boy than anyone else. Judging by the tips/in-universe advertisements he's featured in, he can do pretty much everything while remaining a good fit with Smash.

After the recent Blizzard stuff, I’m not comfortable with putting characters like Tracer and Crash on this list, which is a shame.
Assuming Crash is already chosen to be the final fighters pass character, I really doubt Nintendo isn't going to put him in. Nintendo is thankfully the most apolitical video game publisher on the market today, and regardless of how anyone feels about the situation in Hong Kong, I don't think they'd exclude Crash, delay the pass to make another fighter, or swap fighter positions about it. Most people see Blizzard involved in all of this and end it at that, they won't even think about the fact that Activision, who owns Crash, is technically part of that relationship. I'm kind of wishy-washy on Crash's likelihood, but if you feel like he has a chance, I wouldn't exclude him from a list because of politics. It would suck to get every name on a list right except who you replaced Crash with!

This reminds me of a quote from the first Men in Black movie when Tommy Lee Jones is sitting on a bench with Will Smith. "1,500 years ago, everybody 'knew' that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody 'knew' that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you 'knew' that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll 'know' tomorrow..."
There's a Star Man waiting in the sky.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Assuming Crash is already chosen to be the final fighters pass character, I really doubt Nintendo isn't going to put him in. Nintendo is thankfully the most apolitical video game publisher on the market today, and regardless of how anyone feels about the situation in Hong Kong, I don't think they'd exclude Crash, delay the pass to make another fighter, or swap fighter positions about it. Most people see Blizzard involved in all of this and end it at that, they won't even think about the fact that Activision, who owns Crash, is technically part of that relationship. I'm kind of wishy-washy on Crash's likelihood, but if you feel like he has a chance, I wouldn't exclude him from a list because of politics. It would suck to get every name on a list right except who you replaced Crash with!
Yeah, Crash is on my second “predictions” list, but he’s not a preferred choice for me personally after recent events. I still think he’s likely.

As for Vault Boy, I think he’s less prominent of a request compared to Doomguy and Dovahkiin, but I still wholeheartedly agree that he’d have the best moveset potential.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Yeah, Crash is on my second “predictions” list, but he’s not a preferred choice for me personally after recent events. I still think he’s likely.

As for Vault Boy, I think he’s less prominent of a request compared to Doomguy and Dovahkiin, but I still wholeheartedly agree that he’d have the best moveset potential.
I'm hoping for Dovahkiin, but do people prominently request him at all? Usually it's almost constant Doomguy requests (He's a lock guys!!!!!! /s ), the occasional Dragonborn request (usually from me), and I've only seen Vault Boy mentioned once or twice.

Honestly Doom does feel like the equivalent of Vergeben Minecraft. If it ends up that we get Dovahkiin instead and no Doom content then it'll solidify the comparison. Though if we do get Dovahkiin I'm sure Doom Slayer will be a gunner costume, I doubt they'd leave him out completely.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord

The other pick? Crono.

If you’re referring to a GameFAQS post, then I know exactly who you’re talking about. The guy who made that thread is a toxic Sora fan known for ****ting on Geno at every turn he can. GameFAQS as a whole is filled with toxic people who have victim complexes, again, ironically

edit: actually, who i’m referring to may not be the creator of that thread, but I think I remember him replying to it. And it was the usual “puppet man bad” “anime sword man good”

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Gamefaqs is certainly an interesting place. I still browse from time to time but discussion does not seem very fun. Plus half the site is bandwagoning against Geno.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Oh cool are we sharing our fighters pass predictions? Here's mine again, now in roster style!

Evil Trapezium's smash ultimate roster.png

MisterMike

Smash Champion
The only difference is that no semi-credible leaker is saying anything about Doomguy.

The other pick? Crono.

I find it amazing that people still to this day try to act like their reasonings for or against a Smash character are in any way less subjective than anyone else's reasonings. In actuality, a lot of people's reasonings always boils down to "I want X/I think X will be in Smash because I like the character/game they come from, and I'd love to see them get in", and whenever they do try to come up with some logical deductions to try and figure out who's likely to get in, we end up with a bunch of weirdly arbitrary points that barely hold up to any kind of scrutiny.

In truth, there's almost no real way of knowing which characters will actualy get into Smash. The closest thing you can look to is Sakurai himself and the kind of criteria he looks for in a character, which itself isn't very consistent; Villager and Pac-Man went from being unworkable in one game to fully-fledged fighters the next. From what we've seen during the lead up to Smash Ultimate, as well as during it's DLC cycle, fan demand has been instrumental in deciding which characters got in. Ridley, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, the inclusion of Castlevania characters, and the 4 Echo Fighters we've gotten, all of these guys were highly requested by fans. As such, we can safely say that characters that are highly requested have a better that normal chance of making it into Smash this time around.

I think this explains why there are as many people as there are who are against Geno getting in. Geno's a very popular character amongst Smash fans, and as conceited as this sounds, I think some of the more vocal people who don't want Geno in Smash, specifically the ones calling him irrelevant and unoriginal, are just jealous of the support he's gotten and the rampant demand he has because now more than ever, that demand means something. That demand means that this character is more likely to get into Smash over whoever they personally want, and they can't stand it.

I've seen this kind of sentiment all too often regarding Banjo before he was revealed: "boomer pick", "cereal mascot", "irrelevant", "no games since 2006", the copious amounts of Steveposting, etc. And yet if you asked these people who they wanted instead, you'd get all sorts of characters ranging from Kunio to Lip, Mike Jones to Mach Rider. All fine characters on their own who I wouldn't be opposed to seeing get in, but none of these characters have the kind of demand that Banjo had garnered. Highly requested, got into Smash.
Same with King K. Rool: "irrelevant", "vocal minority", "Nintendo hates him". Highly requested, got into Smash.
Same with Ridley: "TOO BIG", "meme pick", "irrelevant". Highly requested, got into Smash.
Same ****, different hat.

TL;DR They hate Geno because he's black and popular

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That roster is beautiful, in terms of the new characters and the perfect shape. To think that could actually be reality.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Nintendo is thankfully the most apolitical video game publisher on the market today,
He says while games like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade exists

I’m mostly joking, but I kinda roll my eyes when I see comment like these, especially over something as serious as the HK protest

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Ok, I gotta ask. WHAT is an "Evil Trapezium"?? (don't say the opposite of a "good trapezium")
He's a character I made. The one and only with none other like him. He's a low IQ, dopey character who is a self proclaimed evil doer without doing anything "evil". He doesn't have any arms or legs and is incapable of speech so he can't do any physical harm nor do any verbal assault. All he can do is throw his weight to roll around to get to places akin to rolling a box over to it's other side. That's all Evil Trapezium is.

Firox

Smash Master
He's a character I made. The one and only with none other like him. He's a low IQ, dopey character who is a self proclaimed evil doer without doing anything "evil". He doesn't have any arms or legs and is incapable of speech so he can't do any physical harm nor do any verbal assault. All he can do is throw his weight to roll around to get to places akin to rolling a box over to it's other side. That's all Evil Trapezium is.
That...is pretty awesome. I have a new respect for him now. I'm imagining this is what you get when Patrick Star and a thwomp have a baby.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
As a side note, if Dante ever comes to Smash, I will put the sticker, "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series" on my copy.

The only difference is that no semi-credible leaker is saying anything about Doomguy.

I find it amazing that people still to this day try to act like their reasonings for or against a Smash character are in any way less subjective than anyone else's reasonings. In actuality, a lot of people's reasonings always boils down to "I want X/I think X will be in Smash because I like the character/game they come from, and I'd love to see them get in", and whenever they do try to come up with some logical deductions to try and figure out who's likely to get in, we end up with a bunch of weirdly arbitrary points that barely hold up to any kind of scrutiny.

In truth, there's almost no real way of knowing which characters will actualy get into Smash. The closest thing you can look to is Sakurai himself and the kind of criteria he looks for in a character, which itself isn't very consistent; Villager and Pac-Man went from being unworkable in one game to fully-fledged fighters the next. From what we've seen during the lead up to Smash Ultimate, as well as during it's DLC cycle, fan demand has been instrumental in deciding which characters got in. Ridley, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, the inclusion of Castlevania characters, and the 4 Echo Fighters we've gotten, all of these guys were highly requested by fans. As such, we can safely say that characters that are highly requested have a better that normal chance of making it into Smash this time around.

I think this explains why there are as many people as there are who are against Geno getting in. Geno's a very popular character amongst Smash fans, and as conceited as this sounds, I think some of the more vocal people who don't want Geno in Smash, specifically the ones calling him irrelevant and unoriginal, are just jealous of the support he's gotten and the rampant demand he has because now more than ever, that demand means something. That demand means that this character is more likely to get into Smash over whoever they personally want, and they can't stand it.

I've seen this kind of sentiment all too often regarding Banjo before he was revealed: "boomer pick", "cereal mascot", "irrelevant", "no games since 2006", the copious amounts of Steveposting, etc. And yet if you asked these people who they wanted instead, you'd get all sorts of characters ranging from Kunio to Lip, Mike Jones to Mach Rider. All fine characters on their own who I wouldn't be opposed to seeing get in, but none of these characters have the kind of demand that Banjo had garnered. Highly requested, got into Smash.
Same with King K. Rool: "irrelevant", "vocal minority", "Nintendo hates him". Highly requested, got into Smash.
Same with Ridley: "TOO BIG", "meme pick", "irrelevant". Highly requested, got into Smash.
Same ****, different hat.

TL;DR They hate Geno because he's black and popular
This here. Even though we potentially have 10 or even more characters left to go (I'm not putting all my eggs in this basket, but it is a possibility), people will still argue against any character they don't find interesting because "it takes spots away from their favorite characters" and it really shows. Instead of using that energy to try to downplay those characters, why don't those same people take that time to make threads, add to conversations, send out tweets supporting their favorite characters in positive ways, etc. Sakurai can't please everyone. Not to mention even with the base roster there were 70+ characters. We are lucky to be getting this many DLC characters.

I also agree that Sakurai is really unpredictable and throws in characters like Terry who definitely have a fanbase, but doesn't have as much of a worldwide appeal like someone like Ryu does. I mean holy crap, Joker had so much against him. Very little Nintendo history and being in a spin-off series of a series that is more associated with Nintendo. Pretty much the big reason he got in was because Sakurai really enjoyed the game, to the point that Persona 5 inspired the menu design for Ultimate. And no doubt we will be getting some more curveballs. We can speculate all we want, but the truth is that someone that has gotten a universal 10% chance score could get in over someone with an 80% chance score.

Like Megadoomer said, everyone has a different view on every character's chances. The point is, speculation is fun and I'm not saying we shouldn't speculate because that is a big part of the fun. But people need to stop putting down other character's chances just because of bias or petty reasons. Because ultimately we have very little idea of what goes through Sakurai's mind. It's fine to support a character, no matter what their chances are, but don't forget to be humble and enjoy every bit of content because in the end, this is a video game. Plus, we can trust Sakurai to add in characters that add some kind of value to the game, whether through their moveset, stage, music, and/or background. It's not like he is putting in "literally who" characters. I want Crypto from Destroy All Humans in Smash, but it's not going to happen because while his game is fun and he does have a fanbase, he doesn't belong in Smash because at that point what's stopping someone like Ty the Tasmanian Tiger from getting into Smash? We can't just have anybody in Smash. I know Sakurai has put in some odd choices like Duck Hunt, but at least with Duck Hunt it was a launch title for the NES so it is an iconic game, plus it is technically a shooter rep.

Anyway, I'll stop here because at this point I'm going on a tangent and didn't even imagine I would have wrote this much.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm imagining this is what you get when Patrick Star and a thwomp have a baby.
I actually never thought of it that way. I mean he's supposed to weigh a ton like you'd imagine a thwomp would weigh and I gave him an open lipped grin on his face that Patrick did near the end of "I'm with stupid". I just removed it a replaced it with a line because I thought my comments were a bit too serious for this face below.

Picture of Evil Trapezium.png

Any way this is getting way off topic but I can't think of anything "Geno-ish" to say other than I think Geno will most likely happen as the first character to introduce the additional DLC line of characters.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
A reminder that the extremists of Geno's hate base have stated in the past that they:

- Think you're a stain on whatever movements you're a part of (particularly LGBT) if you dare to support Geno in Smash
- Want to dump Smash as a series forever and consider Ultimate a terrible game if Geno gets in
- Want to 'literally die' if Geno gets in Smash in 'an anti-good way' (Those air quotes are all verbatim from what the person was saying.)
- Think that the bad fans are representative of the entire fan base, and that if you're a Geno fan, you're automatically 'delusional' and 'irritating' for daring to like a character they don't like

... and probably more that I'm forgetting. I'm not talking out of my ass when I cite these things either. I'd source them here, but I'm NOT about to give names of people to leave them open to crap-flinging. Even for people I disrespect for being hateful beings, I cannot do that in good conscience. I'm not making these up, though. These are literally statements from Geno's hate base that I've seen.

Kinda funny to think everyone out there says Geno's fans are bad when his hate base is arguably far worse.

That said, don't bother with GameFAQs. Places like that, Reddit, and the ol' dark side of the internet are full of trolls. They aren't worth your time.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A reminder that the extremists of Geno's hate base have stated in the past that they:

- Think you're a stain on whatever movements you're a part of (particularly LGBT) if you dare to support Geno in Smash
- Want to dump Smash as a series forever and consider Ultimate a terrible game if Geno gets in
- Want to 'literally die' if Geno gets in Smash in 'an anti-good way' (Those air quotes are all verbatim from what the person was saying.)
- Think that the bad fans are representative of the entire fan base, and that if you're a Geno fan, you're automatically 'delusional' and 'irritating' for daring to like a character they don't like

... and probably more that I'm forgetting. I'm not talking out of my *** when I cite these things either. I'd source them here, but I'm NOT about to give names of people to leave them open to crap-flinging. Even for people I disrespect for being hateful beings, I cannot do that in good conscience. I'm not making these up, though. These are literally statements from Geno's hate base that I've seen.

Kinda funny to think everyone out there says Geno's fans are bad when his hate base is arguably far worse.

That said, don't bother with GameFAQs. Places like that, Reddit, and the ol' dark side of the internet are full of trolls. They aren't worth your time.
Once you're an extremist of any position you've likely lost touch with reality and aren't really worth being entertained.

Some sites cultivate those kind of temperaments, making them not great place to frequent.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Once you're an extremist of any position you've likely lost touch with reality and aren't really worth being entertained.

Some sites cultivate those kind of temperaments, making them not great place to frequent.
Yep, and that goes both ways. The people who are extreme Geno fans can be awful, too. There are multiple times I can count where I've been embarrassed as heck to be a Geno fan. Whoof...

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Throw me on that support list, I've been there for Banjo K. Rool and Ridley, I wanna see this boy get his chance too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom