• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
As of recent developments, who do we have on the Speculation Table? From what I can tell:
•Geno (missing Mii costume, possible copyright mystery)
•Heihachi (missing costume, had been planned during Smash 4's dev cycle)
•Lloyd (missing costume, strange copyrights recently, mystery regarding his voice actor [though this could range between Teen Titans to Lloyd in Smash].)
•Gordan Freeman/ Valve Rep (Sakurai mentioned finding Half Life to be enjoyable [games Sakurai enjoys have strangely been popping up constantly in this game like Sans as a costume after he stated he enjoyed Undertale and Joker after stating he enjoyed Persona 5 and it influenced the final smashes..], Gabe is down for Heavy in Smash [though this probably means nothing].)
•Doom Slayer (recent developments with Doom on Switch, plenty of arrows pointing towards him)
•Ryu Hayabusa (speculated by insiders quite a bit in recent times)
•Undertale Rep (Sans could've opened the door to a fighter from Undertale or closed it but we don't know which as of right now)
•Crash Bandicoot (only really speculated based off his gaming history and his sales increase in recent times, mystery behind his voice actor either voicing Crash in Smash or a new Crash game.)

This list consists of characters that have solid evidence that could point in their direction. This is NOT taking popularity into account.
Feel free to give some opinions on them.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
As of recent developments, who do we have on the Speculation Table? From what I can tell:
•Geno (missing Mii costume)
•Lloyd (missing costume, strange copyrights recently, mystery regarding his voice actor [though this could range between Teen Titans to Lloyd in Smash].)
•Gordan Freeman/ Valve Rep (Sakurai mentioned finding Half Life to be enjoyable [games Sakurai enjoys have strangely been popping up constantly in this game like Sans as a costume after he stated he enjoyed Undertale and Joker after stating he enjoyed Persona 5 and it influenced the final smashes..], Gabe is down for Heavy in Smash [though this probably means nothing].)
•Doom Slayer (recent developments with Doom on Switch, plenty of arrows pointing towards him)
•Undertale Rep (Sans could've opened the door to a fighter from Undertale or closed it but we don't know which as of right now)
•Crash Bandicoot (only really speculated based off his gaming history and his sales increase in recent times, mystery behind his voice actor either voicing Crash in Smash or a new Crash game.)

This list consists of characters that have solid evidence that could point in their direction. This is NOT taking popularity into account.
Don't forget there's copyright evidence for Geno. Albeit it being as flimsy as Lloyd's.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
If Lloyd ends up being the 5th dlc character, would your hopes for Geno change at all?

I would be more hopeful due to the fact that Lloyd's Mii costume is also one of the few missing in Ultimate, and I took his Mii costume being included in Smash4 as being due to the Fighters Ballot results. Geno is in this exact same situation with his Mii costume, so I would feel like it would be way more likely that he'd be one of the DLC fighters outside the pass if Lloyd is fighter #5.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Don't forget there's copyright evidence for Geno. Albeit it being as flimsy as Lloyd's.
Just added it. Thanks!
I'd put Klonoa but I personally don't see too many people really speculating him for Smash, so.. yeah..

Also, Musubi Musubi , I'd be stoked if Geno, Lloyd, AND Heihachi joined the game as fighters, tossing aside their Mii costumes in triumph

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
•Geno (missing Mii costume)

In a way i'd say your right but at the same time speculation so far is entirely predicated on preconceptions of how the pass would shape up. After that we really don't know what could happen. More big 3rd party company face reps is a safe bet for sure but for all we know we could get a pass of AT promotions. like how things made their shift from missing spirits at the turn of the year I think there's still a very real possibility that this trend could too or to not follow one at all. So while I'd say that list about sums it up for #5 the only ones I see sticking regardless of perception are geno , Lloyd, tekken , Ryu, and maybe doom depending how you look at it.
If Lloyd ends up being the 5th dlc character, would your hopes for Geno change at all?
Absolutely for the reasons you detailed. Would be the biggest objective boost we'd gotten since the costume no-showed. Especially since several other characters did the same thing in base.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
In a way i'd say your right but at the same time speculation so far is entirely predicated on preconceptions of how the pass would shape up. After that we really don't know what could happen. More big 3rd party company face reps is a safe bet for sure but for all we know we could get a pass of AT promotions. like how things made their shift from missing spirits at the turn of the year I think there's still a very real possibility that this trend could too or to not follow one at all. So while I'd say that list about sums it up for #5 the only ones I see sticking regardless of perception are geno , Lloyd, tekken , Ryu, and maybe doom depending how you look at it.

Absolutely for the reasons you detailed. Would be the biggest objective boost we'd gotten since the costume no-showed. Especially since several other characters did the same thing in base.
Yeah, the list was just in general speculation, different rules clearly apply for the Fighter's Pass and anything could happen at this point.
Other than Geno (my #1 requested right now) and Rayman (my #2), I want at least one more villain character.

You could introduce new series but as long as we get Geno, I'll be fine. Villains I'd be down with though include:

Heihachi (Tekken)
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Nightmare (Soul Caliber)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy)
Dark Matter (Kirby)
Porky (Earthbound)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Buzzwole (Pokemon)
and Sylux (Metroid)

Most of these are just wishful thinking honestly but I feel like the first three would be the most likely imo. Any villains you guys would want?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Just like Rohanx said, it would be a chance boost as characters like K. Rool have already been upgraded to playable status.

Any villains you guys would want?
Doom Slayer

jk. The only other villian I can think of is Skull Kid, and even then he was possessed and became evil because of it, not by nature, I think. Not too familiar with Majora's Mask.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah, the list was just in general speculation, different rules clearly apply for the Fighter's Pass and anything could happen at this point.
Other than Geno (my #1 requested right now) and Rayman (my #2), I want at least one more villain character.

You could introduce new series but as long as we get Geno, I'll be fine. Villains I'd be down with though include:

Heihachi (Tekken)
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Nightmare (Soul Caliber)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy)
Dark Matter (Kirby)
Porky (Earthbound)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Buzzwole (Pokemon)
and Sylux (Metroid)

Most of these are just wishful thinking honestly but I feel like the first three would be the most likely imo. Any villains you guys would want?
Dark matter and porky would make me freak if they did them well I'm so on board with that. Skull Kid is probably the villain I'd throw my hat in with first. Frankly I think the amount of Zelda and Kirby reps are rather low so the things I would go for would be ganon, Vaati, Marx, and I'd love to see daroach and the squeak squad made into something.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I know this thread isn’t known for loving Steve (aside from CJBrine) but i’d say he has a very decent shot.

-Not a Mii Costume (seemed like an easy thing to work out)

-Minecraft getting more popular in 2019

-Minecraft is now like, the best selling game in the world, or something

-zilch MC representation so far

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm a big supporter of Steve. He is probably Microsoft's next rep if Nintendo ever approaches them again for a character.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
The fact that they didn't wait for the last reveal to announce new dlc(which was what I was expecting but the 4th does makes sense in retrospect) leads me to believe that we may start getting information on the subject sooner than later, 1st reveal is probably TGA at the very soonest but some small tidbits on the future might be parsed in during the November stuff.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
In regards to the next DLC, I hope it's not going to be like the Fighter's Pass all over again.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
agreed. I like the first fighters pass, but I'm hoping we get more heavily requested characters like Crash, Shantae, Doom Slayer, Heihachi, Lloyd, etc. Not that the first fighters pass was bad at all.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer Pheromosa over Buzzwole if they were to add an Ultra Beast, but it's more likely we'll get a Sword and Shield newcomer at this point than one from Sun and Moon. With that being said, gimme Sirfetch'd.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
In regards to the next DLC, I hope it's not going to be like the Fighter's Pass all over again.
yeah but sadly that's not how we smash fans operate. Even if there is no discernible rhyme or reason we won't actually know that until a few characters in making it a moot point. The only way I could really see this happening would be if a AT promotion was the first reveal, preferably a 1st party to shake off the remaining few stragglers but same idea.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
yeah but sadly that's not how we smash fans operate. Even if there is no discernible rhyme or reason we won't actually know that until a few characters in making it a moot point. The only way I could really see this happening would be if a AT promotion was the first reveal, preferably a 1st party to shake off the remaining few stragglers but same idea.
Isaac would be the prime piece for this... That or Waluigi..

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, aside from Rayman, Crash, Doomguy, Heihachi. Lloyd, Geno, possibly Shantae, Ryu H., Steve, what characters that aren't considered likely could make it in as surprise characters? You know we are gonna get a few of those.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So, aside from Rayman, Crash, Doomguy, Heihachi. Lloyd, Geno, possibly Shantae, Ryu H., Steve, what characters that aren't considered likely could make it in as surprise characters? You know we are gonna get a few of those.
While I think capcom is done for the pass I really think Phoenix Wright might just come in and blindside us like terry. Granted He's been a polling mainstay for a while now but I haven't seen much talk for quite some time. Travis touchdown is another big dark horse I think people are sleeping on but I certainly wouldn't bet on him.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
While I think capcom is done for the pass I really think Phoenix Wright might just come in and blindside us like terry. Granted He's been a polling mainstay for a while now but I haven't seen much talk for quite some time. Travis touchdown is another big dark horse I think people are sleeping on but I certainly wouldn't bet on him.
People are sleeping so hard on Phoenix that it isn't even funny. He even fits Sakurai's tastes for an out-there pick with surprising move set potential. If he can work in MvC, he can ABSOLUTELY work in Smash. I'd love to see him join in. Gimme some PW spirits, too!

D

Deleted member

Welp, the Blizzard stuff happened and with the help of Sabi’s Discord server I’ve decided to boycott the Crash series regarding any release from now onwards unless they stop being against Hong Kong protesters. This of course includes a possible Smash presence.

So, since without Crash I literally have everything I wanted present in Ultimate already... why not share even more support for characters wanted by people who I really enjoy being with?

Expect me to become really frequent here again.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, a bit off topic, but Activision-Blizzard is one company, right? If so, I can imagine Crash getting, but I can also see an Overwatch character getting in over Spyro, who is one of my most wanted. I doubt that if they asked them, Nintendo wouldn't be able to get all three.

So, who would rather want from Activision-Blizzard? Crash and Spyro or Crash and an Overwatch character? Just curious.

D

Deleted member

So, a bit off topic, but Activision-Blizzard is one company, right? If so, I can imagine Crash getting, but I can also see an Overwatch character getting in over Spyro, who is one of my most wanted. I doubt that if they asked them, Nintendo wouldn't be able to get all three.

So, who would rather want from Activision-Blizzard? Crash and Spyro or Crash and an Overwatch character? Just curious.
I used to be fine with Crash getting added alongside any other Activision-Blizzard rep.

But after recent events, I have decided to boycott any future thing from both parties... at least legally.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Crash isn't Blizzard so even though the two companies are together, I honestly don't see myself really taking it out on Crash or his fans. Focus on blaming the Blizzard/OW part instead.

On the topic of Geno, I still want to hear more about the Ryu/Geno guy and get a confirmation if he did provide proof afterall.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of Geno, who wants the Geno Flash (the cannon move that shoots out the exploding sun) as his Final Smash? Or a critical hit 9999 damage Geno Whirl?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I am not sure how else to fit in Geno Flash without making it a Final Smash.

I'm a sucker for PM Geno. He is literally perfect.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Geno, who wants the Geno Flash (the cannon move that shoots out the exploding sun) as his Final Smash? Or a critical hit 9999 damage Geno Whirl?
I would love the Final Smash to be the thing where he turns into a cannon, maybe even with the gimmick about timing the press of the A-buttom involved.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am not sure how else to fit in Geno Flash without making it a Final Smash.

I'm a sucker for PM Geno. He is literally perfect.
PM Geno? What's that?

Anyway, if they added Geno Flash as a Final Smash, I would like the opponents who are hit to be set on fire. Maybe since this is a sun shot out of a cannon, we could get an iterm called "Sunblock" to counter the effects of the Geno Flash and protect players from getting sunburn? Get it? Sunblock? Exploding sun? Sunburn?.....Yeah, I see the door to my left.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I used to be fine with Crash getting added alongside any other Activision-Blizzard rep.

But after recent events, I have decided to boycott any future thing from both parties... at least legally.
I can't even blame you, dude. What they did is such a hot freaking mess. Apparently, even people in the company walked out after executives came to their decision. Big names everywhere, in and out of the core gaming scene, are boycotting Activision and Blizzard. While I believe that it was meant to be a 'safe' business decision to prevent controversy, I, uh... don't think they realized the implications and ramifications of doing what they did rofl. Funny enough, it caused more of a stir than whatever they may have tried to 'prevent' by banning the Hearthstone player.

Needless to say, I have an aversion to Activision getting a rep now myself. I would still like to see Crash, but this does make me feel uncomfortable with seeing anything from Blizzard's side now, meaning a WoW, Diablo, or Overwatch rep. Nothing against the fans of those series (that haven't jumped ship by now because the exodus has been insane), just... against the company.

On the bright side, it's great to see you, dude! Geno's chances are looking quite nice right now, too, so here's hoping!

D

Deleted member

I can't even blame you, dude. What they did is such a hot freaking mess. Apparently, even people in the company walked out after executives came to their decision. Big names everywhere, in and out of the core gaming scene, are boycotting Activision and Blizzard. While I believe that it was meant to be a 'safe' business decision to prevent controversy, I, uh... don't think they realized the implications and ramifications of doing what they did rofl. Funny enough, it caused more of a stir than whatever they may have tried to 'prevent' by banning the Hearthstone player.

Needless to say, I have an aversion to Activision getting a rep now myself. I would still like to see Crash, but this does make me feel uncomfortable with seeing anything from Blizzard's side now, meaning a WoW, Diablo, or Overwatch rep. Nothing against the fans of those series (that haven't jumped ship by now because the exodus has been insane), just... against the company.

On the bright side, it's great to see you, dude! Geno's chances are looking quite nice right now, too, so here's hoping!
Yeah, things are really looking bright for Geno. Hopefully he does get in after years of constant support from his fans!

Maybe he’s part of the extra DLC, based on how Sakurai wants to cover fan demands by the looks of it

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, things are really looking bright for Geno. Hopefully he does get in after years of constant support from his fans!

Maybe he’s part of the extra DLC, based on how Sakurai wants to cover fan demands by the looks of it
Yeah, things are bright, because he does use a move called Geno Flash, which uses a bright, exploding sun, after all.......Yeah, again, I see the door to my left.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
So are we thinking the 5th Final DLC character will be revealed in November, and then the first post-Fighter’s Pass character at TGA? Because ngl, Geno doesn’t seem like a good character to reveal at an event like that. He seems more of the Nintendo Direct type

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
PM Geno? What's that?

Anyway, if they added Geno Flash as a Final Smash, I would like the opponents who are hit to be set on fire. Maybe since this is a sun shot out of a cannon, we could get an iterm called "Sunblock" to counter the effects of the Geno Flash and protect players from getting sunburn? Get it? Sunblock? Exploding sun? Sunburn?.....Yeah, I see the door to my left.
Project M, the Brawl mod. There's a famous pack out there called Legacy XP, and one of the characters is Geno! He has a pretty fleshed out moveset that fits like a glove for his character.

Here's a link!

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Project M, the Brawl mod. There's a famous pack out there called Legacy XP, and one of the characters is Geno! He has a pretty fleshed out moveset that fits like a glove for his character.

Here's a link!
I guess I should check it out. I thought for a moment you meant Paper Mario Geno, and we all know that Geno was never in that series.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I think Valve reps are being slept on. Big boi Gabe said he's ok with the Heavy from TF2 being playable and after Sakurai said he liked the Half Life series, maybe that future isn't that distant after all...

Grumbo

Smash Ace
What Blizzard did was dispicable, but I wouldn’t pin it on Activision. I think they’re largely autonomous, though I could be wrong. It doesnt seem like Activision has been pandering to China as much as Blizzard. (Activision has plenty of its own problems for sure).

Edit: Hot take, I don’t think Blizzard has much that would gel well with the rest of smash and same with Activision, with Crash and Spyro being the exceptions of course.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Besides Sackboy, I think dovahkin would be someone that would really catch us off guard, or maybe even someone like a fourth party character is like the next big thing.
People are sleeping so hard on Phoenix that it isn't even funny. He even fits Sakurai's tastes for an out-there pick with surprising move set potential. If he can work in MvC, he can ABSOLUTELY work in Smash. I'd love to see him join in. Gimme some PW spirits, too!
All I want is Pursuit cornered to get another remix honestly, everything else is just a sweet sweet bonus.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Besides Sackboy, I think dovahkin would be someone that would really catch us off guard, or maybe even someone like a fourth party character is like the next big thing.
Dovahkin would be meme pick of the century but I’d probably end up maining him lol. Sakurai had an interview a few months back saying fourth parties were 100% of the table a couple months ago, so thats essentially impossible during ultimate, though theres always a chance a future director may do it.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
My idea of a surprise pick would either be a Valve pick or a mainly Sony character like Ratchet and Clank or Kratos. Honestly, I'd love for Ratchet and Clank to be playable.

D

Deleted member

My choice for a surprise pick would be Guybrush Treepwood from Monkey Island or Gordon Freeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom