• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Man, you guys are lucky your most wanted characters are all well discussed and considered in the community...

meanwhile I get a panic attack every time someone even MENTIONS Sackboy...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Man, you guys are lucky your most wanted characters are all well discussed and considered in the community...

meanwhile I get a panic attack every time someone even MENTIONS Sackboy...
Sackboy would be super cool. I was so into LBP when it came out.

Some of my earliest experience with the kind of game design I study now, actually. :happysheep:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah I gotta agree with False, This community has evolved and grown from just Geno to a welcoming and one of the better sections of the smash fandom all things considered and we should be raising others up instead of knocking them down. Should it stay primarily Geno focused? Yes of course but we should be welcoming to any and all fans.

What CJBrine was doing is fine in my opinion as he was even staying on topic just because he mentions Steve from time to time doesn't mean we should knock him down or "dogpile" him we are better than that and even if we aren't we should be better than that. Come on.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Or maybe, consider the fact that Hero, Terry and Sans' inclusion opened the door for character people initially thought not possible. Touhou has always had a strong online following, it just tends to separate itself from mainstream gaming communities. Just because you personally aren't into it doesn't make the character a "meme".

This is why people are starting to get tired of Nintendo purists. I understand that this is a Nintendo franchise, but Smash has long since moved past it and is now representing different parts of the gaming landscape. So when a character like Terry gets revealed, and the Smash community throws their usual fit, how about trying to appreciate what you've got, because other gaming communities would kill to have Terry freaking Bogard as a playable guest character in their games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvlZgo_WXws
i can understand, but i don't know if this is something i think is good for smash.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Yeah I gotta agree with False, This community has evolved and grown from just Geno to a welcoming and one of the better sections of the smash fandom all things considered and we should be raising others up instead of knocking them down. Should it stay primarily Geno focused? Yes of course but we should be welcoming to any and all fans.

What CJBrine was doing is fine in my opinion as he as even staying on topic just because he mentions Steve from time to time doesn't mean we should knock him down or "dogpile" him we are better than that and even if we aren't we should be better than that. Come on.
Ok in that case be prepared for my 24/7 Sackboy talk and an essay on why LittleBigPlanet is a subversive Masterpiece. :4pacman:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
In that case be prepared for my essay on why Shadow the Hedgehog is an underrated game that deserves appreciation.
and my sequel about how Sonic '06 had a great story in concept that was well-done... For 1/3 of the game.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
If you put the pop results the agumon guys made against the negative votes leaderboard would be

1. Isaac 349
2. Heavy 300
3. Reimu 297
4 Geno 258
5. Rayman 218
6. Phoenix Wright 191
7. Shantae 183
8. Doomguy 131
9. Agumon 128
10. Crash 126
11. Bomberman 98
12. Dante 92
13. Rex 72
14. Professor layton 56
15. Travis touchdown 48

Or maybe, consider the fact that Hero, Terry and Sans' inclusion opened the door for character people initially thought not possible. Touhou has always had a strong online following, it just tends to separate itself from mainstream gaming communities.
At the very least your three examples have been on store shelves since their inception and other than sans have been so for decades. ZUN has only been releasing his stuff in places a non Japanese consumer could even buy it since 2017 with 4 seasons on steam and even then no effort has been made to actually translate anything it's all just a straight ports and with 0 marketing. The idea that enough people outside it's dedicated fanbase even know it exists over here to take 6th in an exclusively English speaking popularity poll for smash bros without any additional factors tilting it is more than I'm willing to believe, I'm sorry. Frankly in the 6 years since I first played a touhou game this talk of Reimu for smash is the most and the first time I've ever seen touhou genuinely discussed at all outside dedicated fan stuff without almost everyone else involved either knowing nothing or maybe familiar with a name or 2 and maybe it's genre(and to be honest it's still been like that quite a bit).

I'm not saying you can't want her for smash just that I don't think it's going to happen and I'd be hard pressed to find that many active characters the average person outside of japan would recognize less or be interested in paying 6 bucks for to play as.

Actually wait yes I can. Marisa is objectively the better choice just like ken :)

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvlZgo_WXws
i can understand, but i don't know if this is something i think is good for smash.
Well, here's a question then: How would it be bad for Smash?

Seriously, what are the negative impacts of adding a bunch of 3rd party characters to the game? What changes, really?

As of Terry, there are 81 characters in this game. Eighty-freaking-one. That's an impressive number! Now, all the third party characters add up to only 13 fighters. Which means, the other 68 are Nintendo characters. Third party characters only make up approximately 16% of an 81 character roster. Where's the danger, here?

If there were concerns that 3rd party characters would overtake Nintendo characters, they should be put to rest. In order for 3rd party characters to overtake the cast of Nintendo characters, they would need to release 5 more Fighters Passes... exclusively with 13 third party fighters each... with an additional 3 just to break even. Adding one more would leave us with 69 third parties and 68 first parties. Nintendo characters will then have been officially overtaken. Seeing as that objectively and factually will not happen, I don't understand the issue or need for concern.

So, it's no longer a Nintendo exclusive club. That's not a big deal. All that does is end the gatekeeping of the fanbases that should now feel free to join in on the fun. Snake pulled in Metal Gear fans, Sonic pulled in Sonic fans, Mega Man and Pac-Man pulled in their fans, Ryu pulled in the Street Fighter crowd, Cloud pull the Final Fantasy fanbase, Bayonetta got her group, etc. etc.

All adding third parties truly does is bring yet another fanbase into this ever expanding family of ours. That's not a bad thing, that's a good thing. Smash is no longer just a Nintendo All-Star Fighting game, it is now The Hall of Gaming History and Legends; which, in my opinion, has a lot more weight behind it and is something worth throwing around more as a milestone.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I have a massive wanting for Geno, and just wanted to ask this: GENO FANS NEEDED! If you have an idea for moves on Geno (if he gets in but he will imo tbh) besides special moves, comment down below.
I'd recommend asking in the Geno thread if you haven't already as that thread is always very active. You'll probably get a response very quickly.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hey guys. I have a massive wanting for Geno, and just wanted to ask this: GENO FANS NEEDED! If you have an idea for moves on Geno (if he gets in but he will imo tbh) besides special moves, comment down below.
Merging this with the Geno thread, as it will get much more traffic there. (and it doesn't need to be a separate thread)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Seriously, what are the negative impacts of adding a bunch of 3rd party characters to the game? What changes, really?

As of Terry, there are 81 characters in this game. Eighty-freaking-one. That's an impressive number! Now, all the third party characters add up to only 13 fighters. Which means, the other 68 are Nintendo characters. Third party characters only make up approximately 16% of an 81 character roster. Where's the danger, here?

If there were concerns that 3rd party characters would overtake Nintendo characters, they should be put to rest. In order for 3rd party characters to overtake the cast of Nintendo characters, they would need to release 5 more Fighters Passes... exclusively with 13 third party fighters each... with an additional 3 just to break even. Adding one more would leave us with 69 third parties and 68 first parties. Nintendo characters will then have been officially overtaken. Seeing as that objectively and factually will not happen, I don't understand the issue or need for concern.

So, it's no longer a Nintendo exclusive club. That's not a big deal. All that does is end the gatekeeping of the fanbases that should now feel free to join in on the fun. Snake pulled in Metal Gear fans, Sonic pulled in Sonic fans, Mega Man and Pac-Man pulled in their fans, Ryu pulled in the Street Fighter crowd, Cloud pull the Final Fantasy fanbase, Bayonetta got her group, etc. etc.

All adding third parties truly does is bring yet another fanbase into this ever expanding family of ours. That's not a bad thing, that's a good thing. Smash is no longer just a Nintendo All-Star Fighting game, it is now The Hall of Gaming History and Legends; which, in my opinion, has a lot more weight behind it and is something worth throwing around more as a milestone.
it's just making nintendo forget the fact that it was once a nintendo all-star game and pushes away other fan requested nintendo characters from ever making it in to smash at all, 3rd parties may be something special but if it's just them they want to focus for the rest of smash then it will make some people upset.

D

Deleted member

it's just making nintendo forget the fact that it was once a nintendo all-star game and pushes away other fan requested nintendo characters from ever making it in to smash at all, 3rd parties may be something special but if it's just them they want to focus for the rest of smash then it will make some people upset.
Any choice that Nintendo makes about Smash will upset people.

D

Deleted member

I disagree. I could go into anecdotes about how few people I've seen playing Smash that came to the game for one specific character, and why it makes no sense to assume a fan of a character added to Smash is more likely to play Smash now than before, but it's pointless. I will say, though, that I think the opposite is true. Smash creates fans of other franchises that are represented in it. We always talk about whether or not a character pick is a shill pick, but the reality of the situation is that every character in the game is a shill pick for their home franchise - they are a playable billboard for another property.

For instance, I'm always open about the fact that when I was 9 and first got Smash 64, I had no idea who Ness, Samus, or Captain Falcon were. I had played F-Zero, and just didn't know that Falcon was associated with it, but Earthbound and Metroid were completely foreign to me. I bought Metroid on the NES from a local Pawn Shop and found Earthbound on ebay (back when it was 30 dollars on average), and became fans of both franchises, which I likely would have never been introduced to if it wasn't for Smash.

With that in mind, it's totally understandable to me why some people would prefer that the advertisement space go to a franchise they actually care about, maybe one that made their experience as a Nintendo fan more meaningful, rather than some competitor's character.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
A lot of third-party characters are considered Nintendo characters because their games are associated with the consoles so much (i.e. Mega Man, Simon Belmont, and especially Banjo-Kazooie) so I don't think this argument is really fair.

Firox

Smash Master
I disagree. I could go into anecdotes about how few people I've seen playing Smash that came to the game for one specific character, and why it makes no sense to assume a fan of a character added to Smash is more likely to play Smash now than before, but it's pointless. I will say, though, that I think the opposite is true. Smash creates fans of other franchises that are represented in it. We always talk about whether or not a character pick is a shill pick, but the reality of the situation is that every character in the game is a shill pick for their home franchise - they are a playable billboard for another property.

For instance, I'm always open about the fact that when I was 9 and first got Smash 64, I had no idea who Ness, Samus, or Captain Falcon were. I had played F-Zero, and just didn't know that Falcon was associated with it, but Earthbound and Metroid were completely foreign to me. I bought Metroid on the NES from a local Pawn Shop and found Earthbound on ebay (back when it was 30 dollars on average), and became fans of both franchises, which I likely would have never been introduced to if it wasn't for Smash.

With that in mind, it's totally understandable to me why some people would prefer that the advertisement space go to a franchise they actually care about, maybe one that made their experience as a Nintendo fan more meaningful, rather than some competitor's character.
Interesting points. I suppose it would be true that smash seems draw fans outward more than it does inward. For example, let's consider Joker. I had no idea who he was when he was first announced as DLC, but his inclusion inspired me to research him. I started to hear some really good things about Persona 5 and decided to give the game a try. Not long after, I got to see what everyone was talking about and fell in love with the franchise. Same thing happened with Fire Emblem after Marth and Roy were added to Smash. Smash is definitely a billboard for all the franchises that get represented. That said, it is arguable whether a character's inclusion actually does bring in previously uninterested parties as much as it inspires already-existing fans to branch outward.

Now, with regards to whether Smash should include more 1st-parties moving forward, I think they should definitely consider it since I feel it would draw positive attention towards previously neglected franchises. Star Fox, Golden Sun, Earthbound and especially Kid Icarus strike me as VERY fertile ground to make new and exciting games for that Nintendo seems to be sleeping on. Granted, Golden Sun and Earthbound aren't technically 1st party but the fact remains that we have a lot of franchises that Nintendo can easily profit from that would still get fans stoked.

D

Deleted member

Interesting points. I suppose it would be true that smash seems draw fans outward more than it does inward. For example, let's consider Joker. I had no idea who he was when he was first announced as DLC, but his inclusion inspired me to research him. I started to hear some really good things about Persona 5 and decided to give the game a try. Not long after, I got to see what everyone was talking about and fell in love with the franchise. Same thing happened with Fire Emblem after Marth and Roy were added to Smash. Smash is definitely a billboard for all the franchises that get represented. That said, it is arguable whether a character's inclusion actually does bring in previously uninterested parties as much as it inspires already-existing fans to branch outward.

Now, with regards to whether Smash should include more 1st-parties moving forward, I think they should definitely consider it since I feel it would draw positive attention towards previously neglected franchises. Star Fox, Golden Sun, Earthbound and especially Kid Icarus strike me as VERY fertile ground to make new and exciting games for that Nintendo seems to be sleeping on. Granted, Golden Sun and Earthbound aren't technically 1st party but the fact remains that we have a lot of franchises that Nintendo can easily profit from that would still get fans stoked.
Given how the most recent characters work, I feel like a lot of the cries for additional representation for stuff like Star Fox or Kid Icarus isn't really going to get anywhere. Every character post Brawl has been much more accurate to how their home series works either through all of their gameplay, or a specific gimmick. Fox, Falco, and Wolf already do a poor job representing what is mostly a rail shooter, and there's probably nothing that can be done about that. They're fine as they are, and imo Star Fox has all the representation it needs, as a franchise that has been rebooted twice since its creation and still doesn't enjoy true success.

That's one of the reasons my expectations are so high for Geno, not because I think Mario needs more representation (less, if I'm being honest, for God's sake...), but he would easily bring a gimmick to represent the one thing that has stayed constant throughout Mario RPGs - timed hits. That kind of unique attribute that adds depth to the character is what Sakurai is looking for nowadays, I feel, and few first party Nintendo characters left unrepresented really have that.

Thinking about how many things we take for granted as "Nintendo" are actually second party properties, I honestly have to wonder, what's left that Nintendo just outright owns that has no playable character? Rhythm Heaven? Is that it? In terms of commercially viable, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
They clarified that it's for 'most likely'. A lot of people expect Doom Marine or Slayer, Geno, and Ryu to make it. They corrected the most wanted as being Geno, Sora, and Isaac.
Our boy's the only one to crack both sets of 3, and he's even first in one of them! What I don't understand is how people can still say he's irrelevant in the Smash scene after showings like this.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Our boy's the only one to crack both sets of 3, and he's even first in one of them! What I don't understand is how people can still say he's irrelevant in the Smash scene after showings like this.
It usually involves shuffling around and trying to convince oneself that Smash fans don't count as fans, for some reason

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Whatever kind of "Smash Bubble" Banjo, Ridley and K. Rool came from, I want in on it.
The Smash Bubble, a dome-like fortress containing some of the five most desperate would-be fighters — four of which were promoted — smells particularly of lizards. Ridley is a large, alien reptilian, K. Rool is a lizard-flavored surprise, and even B-K are associated with this due to Dragon Kazooie's existence. Geno is the only one without some kind of reptile rampage, and he decides that he must change this on one fateful day.

He teleports via warp into the bubble, about ten lizards in each gentle fistful. Everyone stares at him incredulously, and as soon as Kazooie, the loudest mouth of the five, lifts a wing to make an inquiry, Geno cuts her off:

"We need these. I think they're cute. This green one even has a lazy eye."

Only Ridley disapproved and didn't care, so the lizards were kept in response to the majority vote.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
never ever alliance.png

The people have spoken. Make it happen.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah the placing in the hate and expect categories are worth infinitely more than the pop vote because that means that many people out there who couldn't care less about him went out of there way to acknowledge what we've accomplished. Personally I see the expected tally as our true score because for each of those is some rando that actually believes geno is the frontrunner for smash dlc. It's top 3 but that's still pretty damn amazing.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I’m pretty sure I was the only Sackboy vote, there might’ve been one more but idk.
For what it's worth, regardless of likelihood, I think Sackboy would be an amazing addition. I haven't played much of LBP myself, but I enjoy the charm and Sackboy would have plenty of unique properties along with a smaller stature that lends itself well to Smash.

Speaking to other recent talking points, I think it is fair for people to feel upset about the third party route opposed to first party even if they have the option not to buy the third party stuff it would be frustrating to have dlc support for a game that you love not supporting you the player even if you know the product was made with love and with many other players in mind. And while agree about points made regarding Fox, Falco, and Wolf, Krystal would be able to use a lot of things in her moveset and stand out from not just the Star Fox cast, but also the rest of the roster as well and still stay true to herself and part in the series. Granted the other points about Star Fox are irrefutable, but Smash is still a game that pays homage to the legacy that video games left behind even if the represented series will never be resurrected.

And TheCJBrine TheCJBrine I wouldn't worry about making some posts about Steve in here. You often contribute to Geno and side topics and I think most of us know you're not just here to talk about Steve and simply have multiple character interests. Furthermore, while this is the Geno thread, it is the Geno thread on SMASHboards Smash being the biggest video game crossover in case any of us forgot. Meaning as long as discussion is primarily focused on video games and still circles back to Geno often which it does then it's ok.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I already made a strike team for Ridley rool and banjo, if I could make a full one with geno and issac that would be a dream come true, in fact I'll probably take a screenshot of the results screen victory pose for use as a new wallpaper or something so I can always remember what happened here for the rest of my life. I don't expect any more notable long time fan requests to come besides geno but damn I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still hopeful. If banjo was really added as a token ballot pick to ease fans then I can hope that just maybe they'll do it again for each of the next 2 sets of 5. And luckily for me there's only 2 big ones left ; )

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
They clarified that it's for 'most likely'. A lot of people expect Doom Marine or Slayer, Geno, and Ryu to make it. They corrected the most wanted as being Geno, Sora, and Isaac.
Steve is ahead of Sora but I also think it is important to also note that characters like Sora, Steve and Waluigi are in the negatives with more people against their inclusion to being in Smash Bros. I feel like that tidbit of information is important to share in regards to how the community feels about a particular character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve is ahead of Sora but I also think it is important to also note that characters like Sora, Steve and Waluigi are in the negatives with more people against their inclusion to being in Smash Bros. I feel like that tidbit of information is important to share in regards to how the community feels about a particular character.
This assumes Sakurai should only throw bones to a certain subset of people, and that people’s positive opinions don’t matter. Negative opinions aren’t gonna remove people who want a character from the equation, negative integers don’t make sense in this situation because these people still exist. Some of these characters have stuff elsewhere that already brings them back to positive, too, like the Waluigi outcry that even Reggie acknowledged. Most people who don’t personally like a character either don’t care either way or are completely open to the idea anyway; they’re neutral.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah it really speaks volumes when every character in the red also happens to have a very negatively perceived fanbase. Steve and waluigi especially with all the trolling and memes in their name. Waluigi I think is almost 4 times as disliked as liked nothing else even comes close to that since 2nd place would be Steve with x2

D

Deleted member

This assumes Sakurai should only throw bones to a certain subset of people, and that people’s positive opinions don’t matter. Negative opinions aren’t gonna remove people who want a character from the equation, negative integers don’t make sense in this situation because these people still exist. Some of these characters have stuff elsewhere that already brings them back to positive, too, like the Waluigi outcry that even Reggie acknowledged. Most people who don’t personally like a character either don’t care either way or are completely open to the idea anyway; they’re neutral.
I wouldn't call them negative integers as if it invalidates someone exisiting... I don't think it's a good trade off to make 10 people happy at the cost of pissing off 700 people. I doubt there's a character suggested in the poll (as I have barely looked over non-Geno data because I have a one track mind) that is so polarizing, but if I were trying to make fans happy, I'd do so in such a way that I made more people happy than angry.

Yeah it really speaks volumes when every character in the red also happens to have a very negatively perceived fanbase. Steve and waluigi especially with all the trolling and memes in their name. Waluigi I think is almost 4 times as disliked as liked nothing else even comes close to that since 2nd place would be Steve with x2
At least in Waluigi's case, disliking him is part of the fun. Honestly I'd just lump the negatives in with the positives at that point, it's his character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It sucks when a fanbase is perceived as a bunch of trolls when the trolls actually annoy most of the fanbase as well.

What were the Steve trolls? A bunch of fake fans with a fake, ugly render that they also harassed Steve fans with?

Waluigi trolls? Two kids sending dumb stuff to Sakurai?

I wouldn't call them negative integers as if it invalidates someone exisiting... I don't think it's a good trade off to make 10 people happy at the cost of pissing off 700 people. I doubt there's a character suggested in the poll (as I have barely looked over non-Geno data because I have a one track mind) that is so polarizing, but if I were trying to make fans happy, I'd do so in such a way that I made more people happy than angry.
Then those people never get the character they love, at the cost of a bunch of jerks that whine if the roster has one character they hate (not just dislike) for whatever reason (likely selfishness based on how some people act), even if the people who want the character make up almost half of that yet Sakurai is apparently supposed to never listen to them. Y’all are ignoring other data that already brings this stuff back to positive anyway. Some of the Least Wanted votes likely aren’t even hate, just a personal distaste but they wouldn’t mind for other people.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
At least in Waluigi's case, disliking him is part of the fun. Honestly I'd just lump the negatives in with the positives at that point, it's his character.
While I understand what your trying to say the sheer amount of people out there I've seen that act like waluigi should be banned from smash forever because of the death threats last year is just sad.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
While I understand what your trying to say the sheer amount of people out there I've seen that act like waluigi should be banned from smash forever because of the death threats last year is just sad.
Which is especially dumb because they don't extend it to other characters. Back in Smash 4 some guy in the Rayman thread threatened Artsy Omni's life and Rayman didn't get any flack, but two guys send a threat and a 9/11 meme to Sakurai and suddenly Waluigi is ruined forever...

D

Deleted member

Then those people never get the character they love, at the cost of a bunch of jerks that whine if the roster has one character they hate (not just dislike) for whatever reason (likely selfishness based on how some people act), even if the people who want the character make up almost half of that yet Sakurai is apparently supposed to never listen to them. Y’all are ignoring other data that already brings this stuff back to positive anyway. Some of the Least Wanted votes likely aren’t even hate, just a personal distaste but they wouldn’t mind for other people.
We're talking about this as if the poll really matters - Smash is, for better or for worse, not a democratic process. If it was, however, this would be the nature of reality. A minority opinion wants something they love and never get it because the majority wouldn't stand for it. We could get into a long discussion about the nature of servicing the desires of the minority in a system where more than one option can win, but that's really off topic.

Off the rail of the discussion of the community poll, something that always weighs on my mind is Geno's spirit. Mostly the fact that I can't for the life of me rationalize its inclusion in ways that aren't next level grasping, or hoping for an "epic gamer moment" where his trailer has that spirit possess a body, and this was all an elaborate setup to make his introduction as kino as possible (which... uh... that's next level grasping.). But, after a little research, I can bring some mote of hope to the argument against his inclusion because his spirit is already in the game, mostly from the underused argument that if he was added, there would be no other spirit to be his fighter spirit. I've seen it counter argued before that he could just use his in game render, but I wanted to check to see if that had precedent, and fortunately, it does:

Obviously, the Mii fighters use their in game render since they don't really exist outside of Smash, but interestingly:
Cloud
Robin
Wii Fit Trainer
and Pokemon Trainer all use their in game renders as well.

Aside from maybe Wii Fit Trainer, all of these characters have official artwork, models, or renders that could easily be used as alternate spirits for them, but they just weren't for some reason. Robin especially interests me because unlike Cloud, he doesn't have an excuse - there is the official in-game default portrait, artwork from a Fire Emblem card game, and late-stage concept art that very clearly shows Robin as represented in Smash.

The only problem with this is that none of these characters have another non-fighter spirit, save for Wii Fit Trainer's many moves, which also happen to use the in-game model, and it's hard to say if that counts.

Just a little theorycrafting, nothing important, nothing that makes me give up on his chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom