• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow__Myth

Smash Cadet
It does. With that said, though, I wouldn't expect the sample size to be any more than a few thousand, and Geno's scored high in polls with tens of thousands of results, so I don't think it'd be THAT ground-breaking.
The only recent poll I can think of is that one where Sora got first place. You can't show anyone that poll without them saying "Well clearly people want Sora more than Geno." I really hope Geno doesn't lose to him again.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The only recent poll I can think of is that one where Sora got first place. You can't show anyone that poll without them saying "Well clearly people want Sora more than Geno." I really hope Geno doesn't lose to him again.
Honestly, I take the victories that we can get. Sora is hugely beloved in AND out of the Smash bubble, so it's no surprise that he'd rank so high. With that said, though, for Geno to be practically on his tail says... a lot. I also think that, with the DLC being the wild west right now, Sora and Geno aren't actually in competition. We could end up getting both of them.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Honestly, I take the victories that we can get. Sora is hugely beloved in AND out of the Smash bubble, so it's no surprise that he'd rank so high. With that said, though, for Geno to be practically on his tail says... a lot. I also think that, with the DLC being the wild west right now, Sora and Geno aren't actually in competition. We could end up getting both of them.
I agree. I think both characters have their own battles to be fought, things working against them but the other's existence isn't a contributing factor. If Sora takes out Geno then Hero may as well have.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else see that My Little Pony was confirmed for Pokemon Sword and Shield, lol

Last edited:

Zav22

Smash Cadet
I never gave Paper Jam or Color Splash a chance, even a try. Super Paper Mario led the series away from traditional RPG roots, which was, okay to say the least. It still managed to achieve feats in character design and story building, then even that seemed to be abandoned moving forward with the franchise.

If they dare release another Paper Mario, I sure as hell hope its a return to form.

Question: I'd love to hear who some of y'alls favorite Mario RPG partners are. I'm sure Geno is on a lot of your lists, obviously. Ignoring the doll face wonder, I love

Mallow
Admiral Bobbery
& Watt
My favorites are
Yoshi
Vivian
Bow
Also while Super Paper Mario did lead away from the traditional RPG style like TTYD and P64 had they still managed to keep other features from the previous two that made them so great such as the humor in dialogue, level ups, unique characters and bosses, and when you said story building don't even get me started with that, I know fans of the Paper Mario series say TTYD is the best out of them all RPG wise but Story wise? That hands down goes to Super Paper Mario. The story wasn't EVEN ABOUT Peach or Bowser but Mainly about a love story between Count Bleck and Tippi who are eventually revealed as Lord Blumiere and Lady Timpani. And I think Super Paper Mario is the only Mario game to have a forbidden love story of all things as the main subject behind the whole game. It was straight up unique and a different turn of events which I really liked.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
My favorites are
Yoshi
Vivian
Bow
Also while Super Paper Mario did lead away from the traditional RPG style like TTYD and P64 had they still managed to keep other features from the previous two that made them so great such as the humor in dialogue, level ups, unique characters and bosses, and when you said story building don't even get me started with that, I know fans of the Paper Mario series say TTYD is the best out of them all RPG wise but Story wise? That hands down goes to Super Paper Mario. The story wasn't EVEN ABOUT Peach or Bowser but Mainly about a love story between Count Bleck and Tippi who are eventually revealed as Lord Blumiere and Lady Timpani. And I think Super Paper Mario is the only Mario game to have a forbidden love story of all things as the main subject behind the whole game. It was straight up unique and a different turn of events which I really liked.
It still managed to achieve feats in character design and story building
Don't worry. I said it achieved feats in story building! Super Paper Mario is without doubt the most touching storyline of any Mario game. :estatic:
I haven't been here in the past 20 pages so what's been going on?
Geno is still Sick.

Last edited:

Zav22

Smash Cadet
Don't worry. I said it achieved feats in story building! Super Paper Mario is without doubt the most touching storyline of any Mario game. :estatic:

Geno is still Sick.
Oh its ok, I was just emphasizing a little. But I do agree with you that if the next Paper Mario comes to switch that it would be RPG based like the first two because I did like that style more than the platformer style that Super Paper Mario had.

Speaking of Geno looks like Brawlfan1 finally did his moveset for him
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA4AvH9_iaA&ved=2ahUKEwiktPOqz4TlAhVSQq0KHc8kAcsQwqsBMAB6BAgLEAU&usg=AOvVaw018K6i7JSTjLJOGEmdKwXu

Last edited by a moderator:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Geno rides the Unicorn Rapidash into battle with Mallow and Sirfetch'd by his side.

this stream is somehow both entertaining me and killing me at the same time.
I'm totally good with unicorn Ponyta, but Rapidash better be a Pegasus or I will be so pissed. Unicorn to unicorn is boring but unicorn to Pegasus now we're getting somewhere. Unless of course Rapidash gets a region specific evolution like galarian linoone does and that ends up being a Pegasus. As long as I get a Pegasus somehow I'll be happy lol. And I swear if it's just a gigantomax Pegasus that would be the worst.

On another note, E Gadd is surprisingly easy to come up with a moveset for. I think some of you are really selling him short and just saying he should be an assist trophy or what have you because you're either not very knowledgeable of him, don't like him, don't want him in smash, or a combination of those. Which if you don't want him that's all well and good as we're all entitled to our opinions, but he is the kind of quirky character that no one asked for with the moveset potential that Sakurai sometimes goes for.

On a more related note, Brawlfan1's Geno moveset does a good job paying homage to SMRPG. I'm just not sure about that up special, but I do like the idea of him having such a high skill cap move. I also really like the neutral aerial he came up with. Overall, it was really well done.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Good to see things chugging along here same as always. It's crazy to think were only 478 pages away from passing ridley for the #1 spot. Honestly it feels like were more likely to get confirmed and shuffled off before that then actually fall short. How far we've come.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
You know, for such an obscure, forgettable, 20+ year old character that no one likes and has a nonexistent fanbase, it is odd Geno has so many fake leaks associated with him.

So which is it? Is he a fanless nobody that people shouldn't waste time on, or a well-known character with a big enough fanbase to spend time trolling on? I wish detractors would make up their mind.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Vector brings up a topic I'd like to elaborate on, I've got somewhat caught up now and I've noticed we've reopened the can of worms known as text leaks. I was always under the assumption we all know they're mostly bogus and just discussed them for fun, as the ones with actual effort behind them are interesting to look at if nothing else. Just checked though v this morning actually and it amazes me how much geno is apart of these leaks, in the past year he has grown in public visibility so far beyond what any of us probably know. In fact the most recent text leak post I noticed for example had geno listed beside names like crash, sora and lloyd so casually like it was just an ordinary day in the life of smash discussion. Don't remember all the specifics but it couldn't have been more than a few hours old so I doubt it's been buried yet.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, for such an obscure, forgettable, 20+ year old character that no one likes and has a nonexistent fanbase, it is odd Geno has so many fake leaks associated with him.

So which is it? Is he a fanless nobody that people shouldn't waste time on, or a well-known character with a big enough fanbase to spend time trolling on? I wish detractors would make up their mind.
Trolls/haters will always sabotage characters they hate until they're confirmed.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm sorry for being extremely blunt and even rude, but dear freaking god I am so damn tired about hearing about the stupid starling

Can we like, not? Please?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
If you people really want the starling to fade away stirring up a fuss every time it is so much as mentioned will only result in the exact opposite. Personally I'm pretty convinced it was leakbait for Terry or his character slot and that a lot of drama has been going on behind the scenes because of that but at this point it likely isn't geno and because of said incidents it will likely never get brought up in any official capacity ever again for damage control.

D

Deleted member

So does anyone know when the results for that big poll Sabi/Woz/PapaGenos is holding will come out? I'm really interested in the results.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So does anyone know when the results for that big poll Sabi/Woz/PapaGenos is holding will come out? I'm really interested in the results.
Same. I'm honestly a bit worried about them, not because I feel they mean too much, but because I know full well that, if Geno ranks kinda low on it, people are going to be shoving it in our faces. The last thing we need is more ammo for the harassment issue plaguing us right now, even if it is something as silly as a freaking poll. You know how people in the Smash fandom love to be, using every opportunity they can to heckle people for daring to want a video game character that they personally don't like. How dare we, right?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
It's over today but as far as I know they never specified a time so it's probably going to just drop on social media without warning, maybe it's just taking time to tally or make a display graphic

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I know we're all sick and tired of the starling and all, but I'm just super curious... What friggin lifelong member of the Audubon Society in the speculation community successfully identified that bird as a starling? Not that I doubt that it's a starling, I just don't entirely understand why everyone came to that conclusion when the original picture is lax on detail and it could be any old blackbird.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So I know we're all sick and tired of the starling and all, but I'm just super curious... What friggin lifelong member of the Audubon Society in the speculation community successfully identified that bird as a starling? Not that I doubt that it's a starling, I just don't entirely understand why everyone came to that conclusion when the original picture is lax on detail and it could be any old blackbird.
The source themselves stated that it was a starling? rofl

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
that's a detail I wasn't privy to.
to be fair that wasn't untill well after someone here brought it up, can't remember who I think it was fatman himself but the posts are all still there if your really curious. Should be first week of July. first post was the 14th, 1064. knock yourself out

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I wouldn't worry too much about the poll, Geno has scored decently well in the past, and his chances look higher right now so of course he'd get more votes due to bandwagoning

I'd say that second placement (#6) is actually pretty notable because this was a time where people assumed he was flat-out deconfirmed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wouldn't worry too much about the poll, Geno has scored decently well in the past, and his chances look higher right now so of course he'd get more votes due to bandwagoning

I'd say that second placement (#6) is actually pretty notable because this was a time where people assumed he was flat-out deconfirmed.
Ayyy, Elma’s #18 in the first pic! The fact she’s even on there pleases me greatly :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom