• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Do you think that this is gonna be in smash?
I mean, I'd be really shocked. But it kind of fits the profile in a lot of ways. Trails is a series that doesn't do well in the west, and could use a booster. Falcom has some OG credentials, and while Adol makes a ton more sense as a character from their catalog, Estelle might better fit the aesthetic of the Fighter's Pass (female staff fighter instead of another swordy boy) if they care about that kind of thing.

That said I put basically no stock in the actual leak, but it made me think about it, I guess? If it was in I'd be so hyped beyond hype that I might actually explode. But I'm not holding my breath.

D

Deleted member

Off topic but, the Sword and Shield 24 hour livestream is nothing but a huge waste of time so far. I feel so bad for the streamers...

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Off topic but, the Sword and Shield 24 hour livestream is nothing but a huge waste of time so far. I feel so bad for the streamers...
The one exception I've seen is Impidimp but other than that....not much else.

I did make a tiny, low-effort Geno. Not nearly as good as my other pieces but this took maybe a minute

Attachments

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Yeah I knew for sure there would be a ridiculous amount of filler, but this is just bordering on being mean: building hype only to have the Livestream be devoid of any real substance. Maybe there will be bigger stuff towards the end but I've learned not to hold my breath for sword and shield.

After finding out that 18 gyms is only part of the lore and you cant even battle them all I've lost all my hype that I gained back from Sirfetch'd. I understand not wanting to show their whole hand and everything but, at this point, I'm convinced the only reason they aren't showing more new Pokemon or content is because there's not much to show to begin with which is concerning. I'm sure they'll manage to bungle the mechanics intended to make getting competitively viable Pokemon more achievable somehow too. It's a good thing I planned on breeding anyway and only really care about the pokemon, which for me so far, have all been on point except a couple (like the steel/dragon one is just...bad imo).

Also, concerning the "leak" I don't believe it for a second. I'd love E Gadd actually and I could see Nintendo trying to promote Luigi's Mansion 3 but I just don't see Sakurai going for E Gadd. Crash is already heavily speculated and many think he's very likely but I'm skeptical about him mostly because he's one of my most wanted characters so I'll believe it when I see it so I don't get disappointed. Rayman should be in the game and still isn't so I find it hard to believe he will be, but I'll gladly take being wrong. BWD has the fans, but I'm not sure that Sakurai or Nintendo would go for him so I'll leave that as a maybe. If it is real tho I would super hyped for all of those characters since they'd all bring a lot of new stuff to the table and wouldn't be human males (other than E Gadd but he at least has a great cartoony design).

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait... you can’t battle all 18 gyms?
Apparently it's only 8 gyms or around that like past games, while the others are just "minor gyms"; every gym just battles each other for a spot in the major league, which is what trainers actually go through. Just background/lore stuff about Galar treating the Pokémon League as a huge sporting competition moreso than any other region.

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest, I can't really think of any characters in the lineup that could equate to kooky old scientist, barring the exception of maybe Dr. Mario, but even then, he's just sort of a burlier Mario that has a coat on. I would be very interested in seeing what kind of wacky things someone could do with an E. Gadd moveset if it was based around inventions and chemical flasks and other such things. Lots of explosives and poison damage, perhaps.

I like E. Gadd - if he was in, that'd be pretty darn neat.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I'll be honest, I can't really think of any characters in the lineup that could equate to kooky old scientist, barring the exception of maybe Dr. Mario, but even then, he's just sort of a burlier Mario that has a coat on. I would be very interested in seeing what kind of wacky things someone could do with an E. Gadd moveset if it was based around inventions and chemical flasks and other such things. Lots of explosives and poison damage, perhaps.

I like E. Gadd - if he was in, that'd be pretty darn neat.
It would be nice to see the poltergust be more prominent in a Moveset. Like maybe E Gadd could have a ranged grab too but instead of the plunger he could suck opponents into the poltergust and they would take damage while in there if you pressed the attack button and you could spit them out in different directions depending on where you moved the control stick like a much less powerful version of Luigi's final smash. He could also use various tools in his Moveset and maybe have like an invention failure mechanic where they don't always work properly or have different effects than usual to make him even more interesting. I could see using beakers and vials and whatnot too that'd be great!

Edit: yeah now I'm going to go make an E Gadd Moveset lol

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
It would be nice to see the poltergust be more prominent in a Moveset. Like maybe E Gadd could have a ranged grab too but instead of the plunger he could suck opponents into the poltergust and they would take damage while in there if you pressed the attack button and you could spit them out in different directions depending on where you moved the control stick like a much less powerful version of Luigi's final smash.
No offense, but that sounds like it'd just be K. Rool's Neutral B, but without the projectile. :ultkrool:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
What would an E. Gadd final smash be? I figure we could go two different directions:

1 - Representation of the Luigi's Mansion brand: The Ghost Portrificationizer

E. Gadd swallows up a few careless foes into a big ol' Poltergust, and hurls them onto a conveyor belt that goes all-in with the stamp-stamp, the zappity-zap, and the wash cycle before it spits out a few portraits! ... which summarily explode immediately afterwards, because, why not, Kablooey!

2 - Representation of the Mario & Luigi brand: The Hydrogush 4000

Simple one -- E. Gadd pulls a lever and unleashes a Time Portal a la Partners In Time, and in the past, his younger self prepares the Hydrogush 4000 that promptly blasts an enormous wave of water back into the present, slamming into enemies and sending them flying as if it were a laser beam-type attack.

... I actually kind of hope he gets in, because I want to see these play out, hahah. :ultduckhunt:

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
No offense, but that sounds like it'd just be K. Rool's Neutral B, but without the projectile. :ultkrool:
None taken. That is a fun move that can only go in 2 directions opposed to 4 correct? I am not opposed to more quirky moves like that. Not to mention grabs and throws in Smash, in general, only have slight variations generally so even a ranged grab is at least something a little different than the standard let me grab you with one hand, punch you with the other, then toss you in a direction of my choosing. That being said, variety and new stuff is important to me when designing movesets so let me try to come up with some alternatives.

Different grab options for E Gadd seem partially already done and would at least be different than grabbing someone with one hand, bonking them on the head with the poltergust when hitting the attack button, and then just throwing them or pushing them away with the poltergust.

Another option would be to have a kind of tether grab where a vortex of air comes out of the poltergust and grabs opponents, then, like in Luigi's Mansion 3, pressing the attack button would slam them into the ground and pressing a directional input would throw them in different directions or slam them into the ground in different ways.

Perhaps the latter is the better option and I suppose it is different than Luigi's plunger. What are your thoughts on these options? Or would you prefer something else entirely? And if so what do you think might work better? Genuinely asking here and not trying to be facetious.

What would an E. Gadd final smash be? I figure we could go two different directions:

1 - Representation of the Luigi's Mansion brand: The Ghost Portrificationizer

E. Gadd swallows up a few careless foes into a big ol' Poltergust, and hurls them onto a conveyor belt that goes all-in with the stamp-stamp, the zappity-zap, and the wash cycle before it spits out a few portraits! ... which summarily explode immediately afterwards, because, why not, Kablooey!

2 - Representation of the Mario & Luigi brand: The Hydrogush 4000

Simple one -- E. Gadd pulls a lever and unleashes a Time Portal a la Partners In Time, and in the past, his younger self prepares the Hydrogush 4000 that promptly blasts an enormous wave of water back into the present, slamming into enemies and sending them flying as if it were a laser beam-type attack.

... I actually kind of hope he gets in, because I want to see these play out, hahah. :ultduckhunt:
Wow you pretty much nailed the final smash I had in mind with that first one!

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I love E. Gadd. Personal bias says I'd be totally cool with that one. I'm excited for Luigi's Mansion 3, but, I don't think the personality of the first game has ever been fully realized again.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
My favorite from the leak, obviously, is Bandana Dee. I want a 4th Kirby Rep and he's a sweet boy. ;_;

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
My favorite from the leak, obviously, is Bandana Dee. I want a 4th Kirby Rep and he's a sweet boy. ;_;
I'm a bit more biased towards a mighty need for more playable bad guys - of which the Kirby series is plentiful with (Daroach, Magalor, Marx, etc) - However, to have Bandana Dee would be to complete the classic quartet of the Kirby heroes, and I would be more than welcome to the idea of his inclusion.

That said, dropping Adeleine into the mix couldn't hurt, either. :ultduckhunt:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I'm a bit more biased towards a mighty need for more playable bad guys - of which the Kirby series is plentiful with (Daroach, Magalor, Marx, etc) - However, to have Bandana Dee would be to complete the classic quartet of the Kirby heroes, and I would be more than welcome to the idea of his inclusion.

That said, dropping Adeleine into the mix couldn't hurt, either. :ultduckhunt:
I'd love Adeleine.

Honestly, on the topic of Kirby villains, I feel Marx is the easily the most iconic they could make playable but Magolor or Dark Matter would be superb alternatives. Having Dark Matter swap between Swordsman and True Form would be amazing for sure.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
People in this thread acting like Gooigi and Toy Link aren't exactly the kind of weird echoes no one asked for that we'd get for DLC

StarLight42

Smash Lord
It's weird to me that Zero even bothered to make a video about that leak.

I know he gets hungry for content sometimes but to pick such a blatant GameFAQS-tier leak kinda makes me wonder if there's something we don't know here.

Zero himself is quite close to Nintendo PR (I mean he won the Smash Invitational twice).

What are the chances he's heard the 5th DLC character is Geno and the only reason he's reporting on these leaks are because they are some of the only leaks to predict Geno as the 5th FP character?

Yeah, I know that's next level strawgrasping, but i'm just still so surprised as such a notable Smash Youtuber reported on such lowly leaks.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

I know he gets hungry for content sometimes but to pick such a blatant GameFAQS-tier leak kinda makes me wonder if there's something we don't know here.

Zero himself is quite close to Nintendo PR (I mean he won the Smash Invitational twice).

What are the chances he's heard the 5th DLC character is Geno and the only reason he's reporting on these leaks are because they are some of the only leaks to predict Geno as the 5th FP character?

Yeah, I know that's next level strawgrasping, but i'm just still so surprised as such a notable Smash Youtuber reported on such lowly leaks.
I think it's odd, but not because he knows something we don't. I think that's going WAY too far. It's not just grasping at straws; it's grasping at hairs.

D

Deleted member

Personally I just think he's trying out new video ideas and seeing if any of them could/would take off and if so he could do more of that kind of content nothing beyond that. Otherwise yeah I have no idea why he actually did that but it's not cause he knows FP5 is Geno lmao.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

Zero is a Smash player first and foremost. You'd likely never find him seeping through the depths of forums speculating and such. It's pretty easy ad revenue since Smash fans make up his entire viewerbase. If I recall correctly, he did a video on possible newcomers recently that was really surface level. Just the names who have been talked about for years. His most wanted is Sora, whose a popular choice. I'm not gonna blame the dude, though. I'm sure the leak was going around Twitter or the sort and he figured people would like to see his opinions.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, that was a bad fake leak all around. Not only did it basically sound like the worst case scenario for a post Fighter's Pass world, but it was also just poorly thought out and detailed like most fake leaks. Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Echoes don't make a damn bit of sense as DLC and I'm sticking to that.

I'm also confused as to why people are saying that Capcom and Koei Tecmo's lawsuit would cause issues. First off, Koei Tecmo is already in the game through Fatal Frame and Spirit Camera Spirits, so they don't have any issue with their name being in the game alongside Capcom. Secondly, I don't believe for one second Koei Tecmo is going to turn down Smash Bros. because of Mega Man and Street Fighter already being in. These are companies at the end of the day, and several of these companies already in the game have been at each other's throats at multiple periods in history (Sega and Nintendo in the console wars of the 90s, Square Enix and Nintendo is the obvious huge one relevant to us Geno fans, and so on). There's no reason to think Koei Tecmo is that petty about Capcom and the only reason that has even been remotely suggested was because they didn't put in content from the Zelda games Capcom made... which to be fair, are kind of always less prioritized anyway over basically every other Zelda title. Not to mention, is Ryu Hayabusa is #5 or even one of the earlier additional fighters, he would have been chosen before Capcom won the court case, and it wouldn't be like Koei Tecmo could predict that outcome and be petty about being offered a part in Smash ages before the courts reached a verdict. Hayabusa is almost certainly still on the table.

Okay, so this is most certainly a stretch, but what if the Geno mii costume was supposed to show up in Hero's reveal along with the other mii costumes and was simply removed because they had other plans. When you look at the first dlc mii set there are a total of 6 costumes, 3 persona and 2 sonic (so Sega/Atlus). Then when you look at Banjos dlc mii set there are 5 miis. I believe since Banjo was a microsoft character they only really talked about Banjo&Kazooie which is why we don't have any microsoft mii costumes. And when you look at Hero's there is only 4 dq costumes (so SQ)

This most likely means nothing at all but I just found it a little interesting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't think this theory really works given the fact that each character has released with a different number of Mii costumes. Joker had 6, Hero had 4, and Banjo & Kazooie had 5. It's just kind of all over the place, and the seemingly absolute random assortment of costumes with Banjo & Kazooie also just kind of shows Nintendo and Sakurai don't care about when they release things (Which is concerning since I don't think they necessarily would follow our same logic that Geno had to be released with Hero to make sense...).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Doubt the leaks mean anything. Fake ones are poping up up all the time. But the fact ZeRo a competive. Smash god of all people took a look at them is interesting. Nice to hear his thoughts. I feel him on the Sora one cause that's a character I want in. But I want Geno more so I'm glad he's in it. I honestly don't think he'll be the final Foghter's pass character aindthink it's someone like Leon S. Kennedy or Claire from Resident Evil. But I do hope Geno comes in the future.

Bandana Dee was in it as well another character I want in so happy they both got featured but doubt it's anything.

Also yeah the Pokemon Sword and Shield stream sucks. I'm excited for the games (though not getting them,) love Galar, the new Pokemon Wild Areas, and Dynamax but still. This seems like it just might have been a waste.

Oh well moving on back on topic hopefully we get something that points towards Geno someday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, E. Gadd is a perfect example of someone who should be an assist trophy rather than playable. He could pop out and grab someone with the vacuum, push them through the painting maker, then throw the painting away. The player's current percent determines how fast they pop out of the painting.

Shadow__Myth

Smash Cadet

This is actually a pretty good point. I have a lot of respect for Zero, and it seems so bizarre to me that he would just make an entire video about a leak that's so obviously fake. It makes me think he's trying to tell us something.

Then again, maybe I put too much trust in people.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
This is actually a pretty good point. I have a lot of respect for Zero, and it seems so bizarre to me that he would just make an entire video about a leak that's so obviously fake. It makes me think he's trying to tell us something.

Then again, maybe I put too much trust in people.
Zero tries to make money from lots of things pretty often (he had some very expensive “Smash boot camp” stuff up on one website for example that were fairly short videos that didn’t do much existing free videos didn’t already cover in more detail), and this doesn’t seem like an exception and his coverage of the the “leak” gives it zero more credibility.

Shadow__Myth

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if the results to the character poll will be shown tomorrow? I'm actually extremely excited for it. It's an extremely huge poll, and if Geno does well it'd be a great way to prove to people just how popular he is.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Does anyone know if the results to the character poll will be shown tomorrow? I'm actually extremely excited for it. It's an extremely huge poll, and if Geno does well it'd be a great way to prove to people just how popular he is.
It does. With that said, though, I wouldn't expect the sample size to be any more than a few thousand, and Geno's scored high in polls with tens of thousands of results, so I don't think it'd be THAT ground-breaking.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Geno rides the Unicorn Rapidash into battle with Mallow and Sirfetch'd by his side.

this stream is somehow both entertaining me and killing me at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom