• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Haven't people learned yet about these "text leaks?"
Image leaks ain’t that reliable either, the sole exceptions being the ESRB leak and the Ken debug photo

Most reliable leaks come from the horse’s mouth, like Best Buy accidentally leaking Joker’s model, and the FP4 page having SNK in its copyright list

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The one thing that's odd to me about this leak is why ZeRo is even covering it, and that's nothing to do with the leak and more to do with him. Does he ever cover leaks that much? He's not like Blocked Content, LaxChris, or heck, even Papa Geno's. Maybe a more avid fan of his content can clear that strangeness up for me. It's even weirder to me because this feels like a very obvious fake. Remember that the last time we got a GameFAQs text leak that people put stock in was with Xenother, and he's proven himself to have obviously bad sources (Banjo is definitely not in, Steve definitely is, Chun-Li was a cut character (despite Sakurai saying no one was removed from the project plan, just POSSIBLY moved to DLC a la Hero, etc). I don't believe this for a second.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
The one thing that's odd to me about this leak is why ZeRo is even covering it, and that's nothing to do with the leak and more to do with him. Does he ever cover leaks that much? He's not like Blocked Content, LaxChris, or heck, even Papa Geno's. Maybe a more avid fan of his content can clear that strangeness up for me. It's even weirder to me because this feels like a very obvious fake. Remember that the last time we got a GameFAQs text leak that people put stock in was with Xenother, and he's proven himself to have obviously bad sources (Banjo is definitely not in, Steve definitely is, Chun-Li was a cut character (despite Sakurai saying no one was removed from the project plan, just POSSIBLY moved to DLC a la Hero, etc). I don't believe this for a second.
Zero did cover that old Poll that had Sora near the top and I guess people like it when he covers Smash speculation.

Firox

Smash Master
I really hope it doesn't look like I am
Seriously. I mean, has anyone here even remotely LOOKED like they're taking it as legit? After everything the Geno fanbase has been through, we don't believe anything anymore unless it's leaked gameplay footage or out of the mouth of Sakurai himself. If someone's going to expect us to believe their word alone, they at least have to give SOME kind of solid credentials for how they came by their info...

"Many Bothans died to bring us this information..."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The one thing that's odd to me about this leak is why ZeRo is even covering it, and that's nothing to do with the leak and more to do with him. Does he ever cover leaks that much?
he's just looking for relevance.

This "leak" is the kind I want known insiders to chime in on. The entire thread is only truly useful because it mentions that Koei Tecmo and Capcom apparently have beef, which might hurt Ryu Hayabusa's chances? Be mad at me for saying this if you want, but if that's true then that's pretty nice, I never wanted him.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Upon reading more of that thread, at least only page 1, the leaker in question "WeaverSerawl" mentions that Ryu Hayabusa won't be in Smash on the grounds that Team Ninja hates Capcom. which is a darn shame, since I like Ryu Hayabusa.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
he's just looking for relevance.

This "leak" is the kind I want known insiders to chime in on. The entire thread is only truly useful because it mentions that Koei Tecmo and Capcom apparently have beef, which might hurt Ryu Hayabusa's chances? Be mad at me for saying this if you want, but if that's true then that's pretty nice, I never wanted him.
I gotta admit, in my opinion, it would be super stupid and petty for Koei Tecmo to deny Ryu H a slot in gaming legendom just because they hate Capcom. It could be true that that vendetta is what's holding him back, but missing out on that much money and free publicity just doesn't seem worth it for the sake of holding a grudge.

Ah, the diversity of the Geno thread.
And funny enough, I'll throw my hat in the ring and say that I'm totally indifferent towards Ryu H one way or the other.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
I gotta admit, in my opinion, it would be super stupid and petty for Koei Tecmo to deny Ryu H a slot in gaming legendom just because they hate Capcom. It could be true that that vendetta is what's holding him back, but missing out on that much money and free publicity just doesn't seem worth it for the sake of holding a grudge.
Bringing up the idea that Square Enix has rules that DQ Heroes are strictly NOT allowed to fight each other was broken for the first and only time just for Smash. IN that same vein, I think Sakurai can get companies to set aside differences for this game.

Smash Bros is magical. It brings reconciliation where there is none, it brings peace where only chaos reigned.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Japanese company grudge matches are legendary in terms of how much money or recognition they'll leave on the table sometimes just to avoid killing someone's pride. I used to be able to throw out an example, but my mind just isn't working today. I'll go with the default "Nintendo and Square" because it's at least relevant to the thread.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm chill with Ryu H. He's one of the big NES OGs, and he does deserve a spot in Smash, no denying that. Would I be hype for him? ... Eeeehhhh, not really. He'd just be kind of an, "Ah, cool," type of thing and that's that. Never had any emotional attachment to Ninja Gaiden or Ryu H., really.

Firox

Smash Master
Smash Bros is magical. It brings reconciliation where there is none, it brings peace where only chaos reigned.
The universal factor of unity is found where all video characters can beat each other senseless with equal dignity and respect. It is a fanciful land where mutual understanding is found from the beautiful insertion of one's fist into the face of their adversary.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I'm chill with Ryu H. He's one of the big NES OGs, and he does deserve a spot in Smash, no denying that. Would I be hype for him? ... Eeeehhhh, not really. He'd just be kind of an, "Ah, cool," type of thing and that's that. Never had any emotional attachment to Ninja Gaiden or Ryu H., really.
Ryu feels more to me like ticking off a box of deserving candidates. Deserving though he may be, I just wouldn't be able to get excited.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
With how the current Fighters Pass has been, in regards to Geno, I see him more as a DLC Fighter within the next wave of characters. For the current Pass' 5th spot, I'm feeling strongly it could be either Crash Bandicoot, or Doom Slayer. Crash for the "going off with a bang" of the current Pass, and Doom Slayer because of a number of things that have been building up to what could potentially be his inclusion in Smash.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
So this is the first time I heard that Capcom and Koei Tecmo had a fued with each other. So for those of you who don't know, Apparently Koei Tecmo had to pay Capcom $1.3 million for infringing on two of Capcom's patents back in 2014. Here's the article below:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...illion_after_patent_infringement_court_battle
It was suggested on the GameFAQS thread that things like this were why Hyrule Warriors specifically lacked content from the Capcom Zelda titles (Oracle Duo+Four Swords Trilogy) despite how much they were requested by the fans. People are still upset that Vaati didn't make it into the game.

Last edited:

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
It's an arrangement of sorts of The Whereabouts of Light, a pretty central theme to The Legend of Heroes, Trails in the Sky/Sora no Kiseki.

If that was actually in Smash, I'd lose my mind. But uh, I doubt it.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
You guys can hate me for saying this but

I think it's fun to talk about. I don't believe the leak. Dark Meta Knight as an echo would be great. The fact that we have literally four canon characters that could've been echoes for Meta Knight and he got none still shocks me and it feels like a wrong that should be made right, imo

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
Doesn't sound like it to me, but it's still a bop
The most recognizable part is at 0:36 of the video I posted.

The melody is the same as the part of the music "leak" song after a few seconds in.

You guys can hate me for saying this but

I think it's fun to talk about. I don't believe the leak. Dark Meta Knight as an echo would be great. The fact that we have literally four canon characters that could've been echoes for Meta Knight and he got none still shocks me and it feels like a wrong that should be made right, imo
There were a number of easy echoes that didn't happen. Rip Shadow the Hedgehog, Black Shadow from F-Zero, and a crapton of others.

Edit: Even then, I don't think "Toy Link" is the best representative of Link's Awakening. I'd prefer Marin be added. She was amazing in Hyrule Warriors, and I think a musical fighter would be interesting.

...Or she could be some halfassed echo of Zelda. I don't know.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
The most recognizable part is at 0:36 of the video I posted.

The melody is the same as the part of the music "leak" song after a few seconds in.

There were a number of easy echoes that didn't happen. Rip Shadow the Hedgehog, Black Shadow from F-Zero, and a crapton of others.
I know and that sucks, honestly. Sonic and Meta Knight easily had the most choices of characters that could've been echoes.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if anyone had a chance to point this out, but I went searching GameFAQs for the username of the 'leaker' in question, found their profile, and about five days ago, they came out and confessed to making fake leaks, so, you know. Definitely dead & buried, but, I hope that Nintendo is considering some kind of Echoes pack down the line. I'd get it - why not, right?

Just because of the weird space Geno exists in, if this pack is all 3rd-Party, he likely would not be in the lineup. I still think, at least for this pack, it's far more likely we'll see Crash or the Doom Marine for Spot #5.

Anything after that, though? We all know it's fair game. :ultduckhunt:

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Not sure if anyone had a chance to point this out, but I went searching GameFAQs for the username of the 'leaker' in question, found their profile, and about five days ago, they came out and confessed to making fake leaks, so, you know. Definitely dead & buried,
****ING OOF'D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom