• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
View attachment 240676

I got an idea for an evil Mario. He's fatter and has a twisted mustache

I think I'm going to flip his name up. Call him Oiram
What about calling him Wario? It's like a combination of Wa meaning bad in japan and Mario as in the character so it's like "bad Mario"! Pretty creative name if I do say so myself. :ultpacman: /s

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Oh lord I remember memoryman from discord way back when Daisy got in smash as well as the grinch leak, that dude was ****ting on everyones hopes and just being a pain in the ass.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Man this news drought is just a bummer..... well I’m gonna check back in when November rolls around or maybe terry comes out later this month.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So, thinking about the recent news that Square has been very cooperative, surprisingly so, it makes even less sense for Geno's outfit to be omitted from Hero's presentation because of them. To top it off, we've been getting costumes for third parties that have NOT had a character in the pass and probably will not as supplementary in other packs (as in, Capcom ones and such for B-K). If any time was going to happen for Geno's costume, it was going to be with Hero, yet it was omitted because of either Sakurai or Nintendo.

For Nintendo or Sakurai to do this, with Geno being as demanded as he is, I can only think of two options with Square's stinginess feeling like more of a non-factor:

1) The costume is being upgraded, or,
2) Geno is in.

The music take downs are fascinating, but not too noteworthy yet. However, the fact that B-K and Megalovania tracks were taken down by Nintendo, despite them not owning those normally, is very curious, much like the two tracks Geno lost. I honestly think Sans may be a one and done kind of deal, considering Toby isn't corporate-minded. I don't think Geno's costume would come back with all the fixings AND music for 75c. I feel they'd want to milk that cash cow for every drop he's worth.

So, I've come down to two options in my mind:

1) If the music take downs mean something, it's far more likely that Geno is in, or,
2) If they mean nothing, I think he'll be an upgraded or straight ported costume with either a non-remixed track or no music at all.

Just some food for thought.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In all the pages of talking about music takedowns, has anyone yet addressed the fact that all those removed songs are still very easily located on different channels? I've raised it several times, but never get a reply.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
In all the pages of talking about music takedowns, has anyone yet addressed the fact that all those removed songs are still very easily located on different channels? I've raised it several times, but never get a reply.
I believe that applied to the Megalovania remix and Banjo-Kazooie remixes, as well. It was only on a couple of channels that they got annihilated, but they were still readily available in other channels. I remember seeing the B-K one elsewhere in particular.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I believe that applied to the Megalovania remix and Banjo-Kazooie remixes, as well. It was only on a couple of channels that they got annihilated, but they were still readily available in other channels. I remember seeing the B-K one elsewhere in particular.
Right, but doesn't that poke a big hole in that theory? Were Nintendo intent on removing a song, why would a single video suffice when there are loads of copies out there? When the Ultimate soundtrack leaked pre-release, they targeted basically every video of an unrevealed song across all channels.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Right, but doesn't that poke a big hole in that theory? Were Nintendo intent on removing a song, why would a single video suffice when there are loads of copies out there? When the Ultimate soundtrack leaked pre-release, they targeted basically every video of an unrevealed song across all channels.
Yeah, that's the thing that has me uncertain and feeling that it's algorithm-based, but with that said, it's weird that the algorithm would pick up two songs that Nintendo not only do not own, but also happen to be the very two songs always associated with Geno. Then again, Youtube's algorithm is weird and buggy in general lol.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
The sans one was on only on one channel I believe. The banjo one Im not sure about.

kylexv

Smash Master
Memoryman is so repulsive and prevalent in various corners of the internet that all of us know who they are.

I shudder every time I see that name, and it's not getting any better. He almost made me hate Daisy.

D

Deleted member

So, thinking about the recent news that Square has been very cooperative, surprisingly so, it makes even less sense for Geno's outfit to be omitted from Hero's presentation because of them. To top it off, we've been getting costumes for third parties that have NOT had a character in the pass and probably will not as supplementary in other packs (as in, Capcom ones and such for B-K). If any time was going to happen for Geno's costume, it was going to be with Hero, yet it was omitted because of either Sakurai or Nintendo.

For Nintendo or Sakurai to do this, with Geno being as demanded as he is, I can only think of two options with Square's stinginess feeling like more of a non-factor:

1) The costume is being upgraded, or,
2) Geno is in.

The music take downs are fascinating, but not too noteworthy yet. However, the fact that B-K and Megalovania tracks were taken down by Nintendo, despite them not owning those normally, is very curious, much like the two tracks Geno lost. I honestly think Sans may be a one and done kind of deal, considering Toby isn't corporate-minded. I don't think Geno's costume would come back with all the fixings AND music for 75c. I feel they'd want to milk that cash cow for every drop he's worth.

So, I've come down to two options in my mind:

1) If the music take downs mean something, it's far more likely that Geno is in, or,
2) If they mean nothing, I think he'll be an upgraded or straight ported costume with either a non-remixed track or no music at all.

Just some food for thought.
If we have an upgraded Geno Mii costume, why not just show him alongside the DQ costumes instead of waiting later?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If we have an upgraded Geno Mii costume, why not just show him alongside the DQ costumes instead of waiting later?
My thinking there is that they decided to upgrade his costume last minute-ish, meaning he wouldn't have been ready for Hero.

D

Deleted member

My thinking there is that they decided to upgrade his costume last minute-ish, meaning he wouldn't have been ready for Hero.
Hmm, true. Maybe the costume would get ready by fighter 5 or the first character outside the pass. I wonder at least about Chocobo not coming with DQ.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Warluigi.png

What if Wario and Waluigi were in Mario 3

Custom sprites by me. Except Wario's glove specifically which I took from Wario Land. Gloves are hard...

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Okay, so this is most certainly a stretch, but what if the Geno mii costume was supposed to show up in Hero's reveal along with the other mii costumes and was simply removed because they had other plans. When you look at the first dlc mii set there are a total of 6 costumes, 3 persona and 2 sonic (so Sega/Atlus). Then when you look at Banjos dlc mii set there are 5 miis. I believe since Banjo was a microsoft character they only really talked about Banjo&Kazooie which is why we don't have any microsoft mii costumes. And when you look at Hero's there is only 4 dq costumes (so SQ)

This most likely means nothing at all but I just found it a little interesting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So, stumbled upon this on this morning. :surprised: Hmm, could it be? November can't come any SOONER. :urg:

EDIT: dang posted too late! :joyful:

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
So, stumbled upon this on this morning. :surprised: Hmm, could it be? November can't come any SOONER. :urg:

EDIT: dang posted too late! :joyful:
OK, I can't access Youtube on my work computer. What does he say? Does he have ANY evidence whatsoever???

D

Deleted member

I’m not sure if anyone talked about this. But Zero is saying Geno is out next dlc character. Check our the link https://youtu.be/E2gn7NXXFUw
Who is WeaverSerawl? The post talks him up like he's called something in the past but I've never heard of the guy. Not that I'm some kind of leaker/insider expert. The echos pass thing is the sort of fake as hell info that just invalidates the whole message, imo.

Firox

Smash Master
Zero just goes on to talk about a leaka that mention Geno as the 5th DLC fighter. I know; leaks are to be taken with caution. Still, who knows! :) As for the source of said leak:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78014655
This "leak" definitely seems questionable. Even though I'd love to see Geno as fighter #5, the leaker also claims that Fighter Pass #2 will be "much lower budget" and include several echoes. While I could still see that as a possibility, it seems heavily unlikely. It'd be nice if we could see a shred of concrete evidence beside their word alone.

On the upside, these "leaks" surfacing are a good indicator of how much momentum Geno is gaining. Even if they're false now, it will only bring the star boy further into the spotlight.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
This "leak" definitely seems questionable. Even though I'd love to see Geno as fighter #5, the leaker also claims that Fighter Pass #2 will be "much lower budget" and include several echoes. While I could still see that as a possibility, it seems heavily unlikely. It'd be nice if we could see a shred of concrete evidence beside their word alone.

On the upside, these "leaks" surfacing are a good indicator of how much momentum Geno is gaining. Even if they're false now, it will only bring the star boy further into the spotlight.
Echoes kind of make sense.
With The first pass or wave of characters they explicitly said or emphasized that every character would be brand new for the pass.

They have yet to go out their way to make the same promise.
I would expect 2 or 3 echoes max if we got 5 characters. We’ll probably see 2 more third party characters at the max.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
This leak seems a tad suspect, but hey, I can deal with that if it's true. If we do get echoes, I hope we get liquid snake with cam clarke doing his deliciously hammy acting

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
What exactly make this leak worthy of taking value?
Because apparently the guy behind it, has correctly claimed Banjo being in before Steve and that the Grinch Leak was fake.

That said, I'm not taking stock for it yet.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I thought we learned that random text leaks are a waste of time... give me some EVIDENCE, and then I'll entertain your leak. It's not any more real because a YouTuber reported on it, otherwise Blocked Content and LaxChris would have a stellar track record of predicting ****.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Because apparently the guy behind it, has correctly claimed Banjo being in before Steve and that the Grinch Leak was fake.

That said, I'm not taking stock for it yet.
Guessing Banjo would get in over or before Steve isn't really special.

Alot of people thought the Grinch leak was fake.

So yeah basically nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom