• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
>No mii costume for geno, in fact, it's removed
>no geno fighter
>no smrpg music
>but here's a geno png powerup thing you can use for adventure mode but nowhere else
>that's all you get for being one of the most requested characters

How would you feel if this ends up being our fate?
"That about wraps up our fighters pass roster for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Thank you for playing."
*screen fades to the end of direct screen*

1567366987142.png

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Correct me if I¨m wrong, but wouldn´t Terry also fit the supposed "sequel trailer pattern" (Ken and Incineroar trailer) ?
There's no real pattern of "sequel trailers." King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie were the only two to have connected trailers.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Correct me if I¨m wrong, but wouldn´t Terry also fit the supposed "sequel trailer pattern" (Ken and Incineroar trailer) ?
oh **** I didn't think about this a fighting game character would totally fit right into that slot good eye

also for all the people bemoaning terry, sabi said king of fighters not fatal fury, it's still totally up in the air who there going to pick

though this does pretty much kill metal slug :(

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I don’t understand why the 4th fighter being SNK related is causing so many people to throw in the towel regarding Geno. Would this have been any different if the 4th character was Jill Valentine, Phoenix Wright, Doomguy, etc. There was nothing saying Geno had to be the 4th character and if anything it made more sense for him to be one of the final reveals than revealed in the middle of the pass.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Man, for a fighting rep, I really wanted Taokaka just because I like her design. None of the human characters do it for me. Not because I have no history with them but because I like designs that aren't human because I feel like a character is more unique visually if they aren't. I'm solely a design chooser, not a popularity or likelihood guy.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I don't know much about him, but I did see someone point this out on Twitter.
I mean, it's not a big reason to put him, but it would be a great call back.
Ryu's trailer is a callback to Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo's intro, so this could easily work.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
At this point, if sabi's hints are true, its pretty much down to Kyo or Terry as our SNK rep. I'm really hoping it's Terry because "buff dude with a stylish hat who speaks good engrish" is a design that really speaks to me for some reason, though a friend of mine who actually follows KoF thinks Kyo's more likely for a variety of reasons, so we'll see.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Man, for a fighting rep, I really wanted Taokaka just because I like her design. None of the human characters do it for me. Not because I have no history with them but because I like designs that aren't human because I feel like a character is more unique visually if they aren't. I'm solely a design chooser, not a popularity or likelihood guy.
Oh boy, I love taokaka and I love Peacock designs.. :(

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
>No mii costume for geno, in fact, it's removed
>no geno fighter
>no smrpg music
>but here's a geno png powerup thing you can use for adventure mode but nowhere else
>that's all you get for being one of the most requested characters

How would you feel if this ends up being our fate?
Completely disappointed in the absurd obliviousness of the Smash team. Its one thing to just carry over content to the next game, but to actually remove content for an acknowledged popular character, a character even the main developer likes? That's crazy. That would also mean that the sudden multiple references to the home game and character recently were just coincidences. But that would be contradicting. 'We'll acknowledge Geno in these tweets and random things like trivia questions because we want to give something to the fans but we'll also remove his Mii costume because he's obscure and doesn't have any fans.' The mii costume not coming back period wirh nothing else makes no sense.

Nintendo can be on the ball with fan discussion (Ridley huts the big time, Duck Hunt dog fake out for Banjo-Kazooie) but other times can be surprisingly tone deaf.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Terry could still have his female version as an alt costume though. SNK Heroines and Midnight Bliss made that possible after all

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
There's no real pattern of "sequel trailers." King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie were the only two to have connected trailers.
However, now that I think about it... having him fighting incineroar could easily save money because of renders they already have

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Oh boy, I love taokaka and I love Peacock designs.. :(
Yeah! Most of the Skullgirls characters feel really unique to me because they aren't just "human character with slight differences in attire" or "human with super powers/abilities." The Skullgirls characters have massive changes compared to some generic fighting game characters and I really appreciate that. I personally would want Parasol for a Skullgirls rep. Her or Ms Fortune.

Also, quick bit of hypocriticalness, I'd prefer Johnny Cage over any other Mortal Kombat character because he reeks of "too cool for you" and although his character isn't like that anymore, he still feels like a good pick.

Other fighting game characters I'd take: Fulgore, Taokaka, Felicia, Morrigan, and Amingo.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
However, now that I think about it... having him fighting incineroar could easily save money because of renders they already have
Anyone else see the interviews about the Dlc budget and how those trailers are expensive and immediately think, 'Then....stop making the trailers.' I mean, the trailers are great but if they are such a money drain, then they can be dropped. They aren't that essential.

Hey, Cloud and Bayonetta didn't really get one.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Anyone else see the interviews about the Dlc budget and how those trailers are expensive and immediately think, 'Then....stop making the trailers.' I mean, the trailers are great but if they are such a money drain, then they can be dropped. They aren't that essential.

Hey, Cloud and Bayonetta didn't really get one.
Concidering Joker, Hero, and Banjo got a trailer... I doubt they will stop now

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm very disappointed in all of you who are crossing the line of 'I don't like this character/don't want this character'.

I myself made huge paragraphs of why I didn't want Tracer, and not once did I say "Tracer is ****" or "She is the worst possible pick ever, no one asked for this."

I even did a monologue in the middle of my stream telling y'all to not do this. I knew it was gonna happen. Those of you who fall under this, you are no different from the other toxic Smash fans who do the same thing. Take that to heart. I hope that all those guests are 4chan and reddit laughing at us all again for being hypocrites and acting like we are better than other fanbases as we act like getting a character from one of the iconic fighting game legends second only to Capcom with Street Fighter is the absolute worst outcome.

Get over yourselves. Seriously. I want Geno too, but I'm not going to insult every character and every fanbase that gets their dream character into Smash like some bitter old woman who never lived out her dreams and now seeks to bring others down. And yes, this may sound mean, but I don't care. That's how disgusted I am with this behavior.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto being more positive n stuff, it turns out I may be a prophet.

I'm joking of course, but hear me out: y'all remember when I dreamt about Terry Bogard getting into Smash?

Alright, this is rather wordy so brace yourselves...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a really weird side-topic, but it's related to Geno: I had another dream, which happened two nights ago.

I was watching a Nintendo Direct and they had already talked about a bunch of cool stuff that I was excited for, and then Reggie came on and talked for a bit before playing a trailer...[insert new simple Smash trailer intro]

So they show off the new character and I don't recognize him, some beefy blonde guy with long hair. In my dream I legitimately space out because both my mom was asking me something and I was a bit disillusioned with Nintendo, but I remember him destroying Ken with a FS at the end and his music was cool.

It comes back to Reggie and I was still a bit spacey and then I heard Reggie say 'From Garou: Mark of the Wolves' and I flipped my **** in a conflicted manner: on one hand, taking a character from an obscure fighting game is kinda dope, but on the other we have so many characters that are more requested than that and it made me upset. Reggie talked for a bit more, then he acted surprised, and suddenly he was whisked away as if by magic. It then cuts to a scene of a kid's room with toys and plushies everywhere, and the magic that took Reggie finds it's way to a Reggie plushie and he comes alive and starts talking as if Reggie has now possessed a Reggie plushie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fun facts about this dream:

1. I have never played Garou: Mark of the Wolves in any form ever. I've heard of it, but I have never played it nor looked it up ever until after my dream. The character I dreamt of turns out to be real: it's Terry Bogard, but it's his design from one of the G: MotW games in which they call him Wild Wolf. Long blonde hair and beefy. Now I have seen this design of Terry before in NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, a game my old roommate and I played a ton when the only working system we had was my PS2. However, I didn't know it came from G: MotW or that Terry was in that game and I didn't recognize him in my dream. How in the hell does that happen?
I swear, if he has an alternate costume that is his Wild Wolf costume, I need to change careers.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I see this sentiment a lot and I'm confused. We only have Ryu and his clone...?
Because I feel like Ryu represents classic fighter games pretty well. There are a bunch of genres not yet represented in Smash that people would like to see. And we would get another classic fighter rep.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Why wouldn't they? If Mai is too revealing, female Terry would only really have bare midriff and a little cleavage and that's it.
I dodn't mean it in the regard of it being too revealing or anything like that, but rather how, comparatively speaking, it's kinda the odd one out when it comes to Female alts. Female terry is Terry gender swapped while the other users of female alts have it because them being female was an option in there game. I know it's kinda silly and it very well could still happen, but it's something I have noticed.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Really weird that there's a fighting game character coming to Smash Bros Ultimate but they didn't choose to reveal that character at EVO. That would've been hyped.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
At least KoF has nothing to do with the starling

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Because I feel like Ryu represents classic fighter games pretty well. There are a bunch of genres not yet represented in Smash that people would like to see. And we would get another classic fighter rep.
Ryu is very vanilla as far as FGs go. He doesn't even have EX moves in Smash.

Smash is ~very~ inspired by KOF, it has shorthops, running, spot dodges, rolls, etc. We know as much. A character from there would fit like a glove.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I see this sentiment a lot and I'm confused. We only have Ryu and his clone...?
Odds are, there's going to be ALOT of comparisons between Ken and Terry. Some playful, joke comments, some negative, disparaging ones.

Just as a quick glance on image only, I thought 'Terry is Ken with a pony tail and trucker hat.'

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I should make it REALLY REALLY CLEAR. I am in no way mad. I am in no way saying SNK is a bad pick. I just personally think all their characters are rather boring.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I should make it REALLY REALLY CLEAR. I am in no way mad. I am in no way saying SNK is a bad pick. I just personally think all their characters are rather boring.
I'm not foaming at the mouth or anything either I'm just so underwhelmed and annoyed

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Man, this last week has just been an exercise of lowering expectations. First Overwatch rumors, then Ninja Gaiden, and then King of Fighters. It's like it got more and more niche as the rumors cycled through. Since a King of Fighters rep is all but confirmed, it's going to be really interesting who they pick for the final fighter.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I'm very disappointed in all of you who are crossing the line of 'I don't like this character/don't want this character'.

I myself made huge paragraphs of why I didn't want Tracer, and not once did I say "Tracer is ****" or "She is the worst possible pick ever, no one asked for this."

I even did a monologue in the middle of my stream telling y'all to not do this. I knew it was gonna happen. Those of you who fall under this, you are no different from the other toxic Smash fans who do the same thing. Take that to heart. I hope that all those guests are 4chan and reddit laughing at us all again for being hypocrites and acting like we are better than other fanbases as we act like getting a character from one of the iconic fighting game legends second only to Capcom with Street Fighter is the absolute worst outcome.

Get over yourselves. Seriously. I want Geno too, but I'm not going to insult every character and every fanbase that gets their dream character into Smash like some bitter old woman who never lived out her dreams and now seeks to bring others down. And yes, this may sound mean, but I don't care. That's how disgusted I am with this behavior.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto being more positive n stuff, it turns out I may be a prophet.

I'm joking of course, but hear me out: y'all remember when I dreamt about Terry Bogard getting into Smash?

I swear, if he has an alternate costume that is his Wild Wolf costume, I need to change careers.
I've had dreams that come to fruition before. If your dream does happen, it may be possible that your mind has moved faster than the physical expanse of time.

Tl;dr, you could possibly have predicted the future if your dream is true.

Although it's really weird circumstances for sure.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
at this point, I think Terry Bogard is the ONLY fighting game character I'd actually be interested in. but only, and I must stress ONLY if he gets the goofy voice lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom