• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
H-hey, Intern-kun's brother? If it's you, post the full model.:4pacman:
In all seriousness though, this is probably fake. I'd love to be wrong, of course, but props to whoever made it if it wasn't Nintendo. That could've been the next Rayman leak

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm willing to bet that's fake. Someone in the Star Road Discord posted it, and we were trying to find the source of it since. We've not yet found it. It's definitely not Nibroc's or Smashified's. I'd love to know the source, though, because it looks really well-done. I'd love to mess with that Geno model!

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm willing to bet that's fake. Someone in the Star Road Discord posted it, and we were trying to find the source of it since. We've not yet found it. It's definitely not Nibroc's or Smashified's. I'd love to know the source, though, because it looks really well-done. I'd love to mess with that Geno model!
I know! Whoever made it that isn't Bamco/Sora, I'd love for them to give us a full model to play with

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
H-hey, Intern-kun's brother? If it's you, post the full model.:4pacman:
In all seriousness though, this is probably fake. I'd love to be wrong, of course, but props to whoever made it if it wasn't Nintendo. That could've been the next Rayman leak
Man that Rayman leak really bummed me out. I was getting so hyped for Rayman in Smash. Rayman has always been up there for me. I was especially bummed that that turned out fake and Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt turned out to be real. That was a low blow. Then again...I think seeing Raito play Duck Hunt at EVO kind of made up for it.

I agree this Geno image is probably fake due to how many good artists seem to enjoy creating these kind of things. Heck if I could do this stuff I probably would but I would make it very clear it was fan-made so as to not get people's hopes up. Maybe it's just the disappointed Rayman supporter in me, but I don't think I'll ever really buy into a leak again. Although, I was fairly certain that Dragon Quest was going to get a rep this time around and that worked out. Hopefully, we get the same result here. It's scary but exciting not knowing what is to come. It's actually kind of refreshing to feel like we are really in the dark in this speculation cycle for once. Banjo really opened the floodgates for anyone to be able to be in those last 2 spots.

domriver

Smash Lord
PapaGenos just uploaded a new video talking about a datamine for Smash Ultimate with 3 new Online modes as well as Home Run Contest. He also talks about an image leak with Geno that shows a render of him with his hat and cloak uncolored. His face is colored though. Only thing I don't like about it is the lines under his eyes aren't centered. This is also nowhere to be found on the Internet. I REALLY hope that this image is actually real.

*cracks fingers*
Time to anaylze
Time to debunk
Time to evalutate
Time to check the solar system
etc ... LOL

Firox

Smash Master
So putting this Geno image aside, tell me more about this datamine that Papagenos was talking about. Images can be be easily faked, but datamines can be considered solid evidence. Did someone really find an indication of 3 new online modes?

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Aside from the lines under the eyes, it does look pretty good to me. I do think it's fake but it's refreshing to see another new Geno render after so long. We know Sakurai and his team are known for attention to detail so I'd think they would place those lines in the correct place.

D

Deleted member

Aside from the lines under the eyes, it does look pretty good to me. I do think it's fake but it's refreshing to see another new Geno render after so long. We know Sakurai and his team are known for attention to detail so I'd think they would place those lines in the correct place.
I usually tend to avoid stuff that hasn't guessed at anything or got anything correct, as well as image leaks because I really can't tell if they're real or not, but I thought I would bring that up because it looked really solid.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Doesnt that render look a little too HQ for Ultimate? I mean the artstyle, not the quality of the model. Maybe im wrong

D

Deleted member

So putting this Geno image aside, tell me more about this datamine that Papagenos was talking about. Images can be be easily faked, but datamines can be considered solid evidence. Did someone really find an indication of 3 new online modes?
Here's a link to the video:
PapaGenos

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been here in quite a while lol. I will say, while this model is impressive, it is something someone can easily do with a few hours of effort put into it. I work with a lot of modelers/editors everyday, it isn't as impossible as people make it out to be. I could be wrong and this is real, but if there is something you can all learn from the Grinch, anyone can make a fake no matter how legit it looks.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
1566424964417.png
First I want to say that, fake or not, this model looks really nice. If this is fake I really hope whoever made it could share it with us.
Second, assuming this is real, how would someone be able to get an image of this? The white texturing would mean that it's still being modeled. The only people/person who would be logically be able to see this a dev image like this would be one of the 3D modelers for the team, and that seems a little too farfetch'd for me given how easy it'd be to find out whodunnit.
Now sure, the Ken leak was a dev image someone posted to 4chan, but I'd imagine taking an image from a playtest, of which there are potentially hundreds of people partaking in from all around the company, would be significantly easier to get away with.
Plus, people are so good at making 3D models nowadays that something like this would be trivial to fake. Though I will give whoever made this props on the detailing and proportions, it looks really natural.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
While the model is good, I’m still kind of skeptical about it. It’s possible that it’s fake, but on the other hand, I kinda hope it’s a “ShUlK iS jUsT a PhOtOsHoPpEd LiTtLe MaC” situation. I’m not counting on it though. :ohwell:

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
Regarding the image, it's looks pretty good, but something about it kinda throws me off. It may be the lines under his eyes, but it might be that it just looks different than what I imagined. In the image, I feel like the color of his face/wood is too light, and his eyes are supposed to be dark red instead of the brown-ish color in the picture. But if i recall correctly, the leak did say it was in early development so it could change if this leak is real. But that's a big "if", and I still think it's fake.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm pretty much just waiting for Banjo & Kazooie at this point and it's killing me to know who the last two Season Pass fighters are. I want to know who they are and if we will get more Season Passes afterwards so I can get on with my life lol!

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I, unfortunately, think the image is fake. I mean, just look at the render that was posted over here last year that people thought was real.

link2702

Smash Champion
Pretty confident that model is fake.

Nothing looks symmetrical, or in other words...everything is uneven and more importantly, visually looks unbalanced. From where his hair sticks out, to like mentioned his wood lines under his eyes, none of it looks even. Nintendo/sakurai aren’t dumb, they have professionals working on models who know how important balance is to a character model. If it looks visually uneven or imbalanced, it makes it look bad.

I suspect another edited version of a smash mod model, or even a full model done by someone with experience using 3d software, all just to spread another leak and have their 10 minutes of fame.

Don’t get me wrong, if it was real I’d take it just cuz it’d confirm geno(definitely would hope it’s just a rough draft), but I doubt it is. I do still feel confident in geno’s chances, but I won’t trust any leakers.

T2by4

Smash Lord
PapaGenos just uploaded a new video talking about a datamine for Smash Ultimate with 3 new Online modes as well as Home Run Contest. He also talks about an image leak with Geno that shows a render of him with his hat and cloak uncolored. His face is colored though. Only thing I don't like about it is the lines under his eyes aren't centered. This is also nowhere to be found on the Internet. Of course this can be fake, but I REALLY hope that this image is actually real.
Aren't there already geno models out there that people can just use? What makes this one different other than the coloring? Anyone can just color his clothes white and say look it's a new geno. And the fact that it's so early in developement that his clothes haven't even been colored means that the only person that has this info are the graphic designers working for the game themselves, it would have to be someone directly inside nintendo japan that knows how to speak english, and uses 4chan. And there's no hiding what they said in that thread, "in development for a fighting game" it's obviously Smash, they're just trying to make it seem more mysterious.

Like I said, anyone can easily take another geno model premade and color it white. I'm gonna have to go wirh my gut and say it's bigly fake. Ofcourse I'd be delighted to be wrong, but this one is so easy to fake I can't see it being real at all.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Wait guys, I figured it out. It's actually just the Geno Mii Costume, but instead of his hat, we get his whole head:4pacman:
I legit think that would be a good way of bringing his mii costume back. I would not be as upset if they did this.

Genokie

Smash Rookie
Here's a quick coloring of the model so we can at least somewhat see what he'd look like.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
That model is deffo fake. Would be nice if that weren't the case, but the under-eye line placement is a dead giveaway.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I'm willing to bet that the model is fan-made, but damn if it isn't impressive. If it weren't for the asymmetrical eyes, this is actually pretty in-line with Ultimate's art direction and it'd be cool to see it released eventually. If nothing else, the model could be a decent base for a fan mod in case Geno doesn't get in

Firox

Smash Master
That Geno image is as fake, or more so, than EA's love for the consumer.
Sad, but depressingly true.

In all honesty though, thanks for posting it anyway, Maxie. Even if people doubt the authenticity of the render, it's still worth considering. Also, the news of the datamine was much appreciated as well.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I really hope whoever made that model posts it eventually. Most Geno renders that look good end up with models that aren't publicized. I understand that entirely as an artist, but it would be nice to see more Geno models that we as fans can tinker with. My ultimate wish is a Geno model that's 1:1 to the original model for SMRPG. I'd make it myself, especially with how simplistic it is, but... I can't model to save my life rofl. I've tried many times before.

In fact, do we have a compendium of all of the publicized Geno models? We all know of Legacy XP's, of course, but what else is there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom