• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
In what regard? I mean we don't even know Banjo-Kazooie's stats so I'm not sure how you'd come to that conclusion?
I remember Fatmanonice Fatmanonice saying that Brave was floaty, a projectile zone character, and was slightly taller than Mario but as heavy as Megaman.

It sounds like Banjo & Kazooie too me.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I remember Fatmanonice Fatmanonice saying that Brave was floaty, a projectile zone character, and was slightly taller than Mario but as heavy as Megaman.

Hero is still called Brave in the files and all of the spirits that came with him have a brave_ prefix

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

How do you even determine a character zones in stat files? Besides, Hero is slightly taller than Mario and is about as heavy Mega Man so...?

QQS

Smash Lord
Just some Geno info that appears on the Smash Wiki page:

• Masahiro Sakurai wanted to add Geno as a playable character since the development of Super Smash Bros. Brawl due to him thinking of his arm cannon as a factor for his uniqueness, and acknowledged the character's popularity. The reason why he has never been added is unknown.[1]
  • Due to Square Enix's ownership of the character (as well as any character created for Super Mario RPG), Geno is the only third-party character in the Super Smash Bros. series to be from a first-party universe (In this case, the Mariouniverse).
  • Geno was tied with Mallow as the 8th most requested Mario series character for Super Smash Bros. Melee, according to a poll on the Japanese Nintendo website.[2]

I always read the forum and I keep convinced about Geno will be DLC (FP or DLC).

Like I said before, It’s already too much “coincidence” and too much demand/love for him.

I can imagine how that reveal would be, with his new HD design, music, moves, sounds effects, animations, etc.. it would be simply amazing. Just imagine the intro and the camera cutting with some New Remixes of probably Forest Maze or other songs; and then the “Geno stars in” splash screen.

My favorites reveals of all times are Mega Man & Banjo. (and also one of my all time-characters)
Geno needs to close this chapter, it would be like a dream come true and completely back to the roots with Geno, Ridley, KKR, Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man and many more in there.

If they don’t announce Geno as #4 or #5; I’m pretty sure nothing is lost. In fact, Geno (just my opinion) has more chances as a Bonus DLC, cause Hero is already in the Pass and also it would make more sense maybe to put Crash and Doom in the FP. Just my guessing, just wanna see Geno playable ⭐.

Keep the support, faith; and more of all, patience

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Does anyone know for sure that Brave was Hero? Because before E3, the stats of Brave seemed to match up more with Banjo & Kazooie than Hero in my opinion.

The stats are placeholders/always slightly different in the final build. It matters very little what they "seem like" (Joker seemed like he would have a rapid jab, Plant seemed like it would have 2 mid air jumps and be slower than Incineroar, etc.)

Making sense of things is also usually a futile effort. They've gotten better at not accidentally leaving things in early, so maybe they didn't feel the need to use a more clever code name.

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
TBH, the way some people felt about Erdrick is kinda how I feel about Doomguy/Doomslayer/whatever I think, in that hearing his name brought up so much and so many people thinking he's super likely has just gotten...tiring for me.

Now, that's not to say I have anything against DoomPerson or would be upset if DoomIndividual were to make it in, nor do I have anything against the Doom series (I've only played DOOM 2016 but it was a damn great game). But that's just kinda how I feel.
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way because I wanted the fighter pass to surprise me but unfortunately I've got into leaks and stuff lol
It's fun to speculate though

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
There was Doom Guy talk and I missed it... Oh well...

Anyway, I'm just going to say that I think that Geno is either a Bonus character or he isn't in the game at all. I just can't see Square Enix taking up two slots in the fighters pass. After all I assume Sakurai chose four heroes instead of one as an excuse for Square Enix to quadruple the music tracks over the seemingly two music track limit that they're proposing to him. Having Geno would only give us two music tracks which will definitely be the two that Nintendo took down from the Brawlbrstm channel so I don't think Sakurai will include him in the fighters pass. I also just can't see a stage from Super Mario RPG happening either with the massive amount of Mario stages we already have.

As for who I think will be the last two characters in the fighters pass, I believe it will be Chris Redfield and Doom Guy. Chris because Capcom has been advertising Resident Evil 0,1, 4, 5 and 6 on the Nintendo Switch and from what we have seen from Hero with Dragon Quest 11 S, it's a good sign that it may lead to a Smash Bros character.
As for Doom Guy, well there are lots of reasons for him to be included in Smash. A long history with Nintendo, Doom ports for Switch (Which is an exclusive in Japan as someone pointed out), Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal being released on the Switch, Bethesda seems to be pushing for Doom on the Nintendo Switch over their other IPs not including Wolfenstein and talks of Super Smash Bros seem to all point to Doom Guy being part of the fighters pass. Doom Guy may be coming for the same reason Dragon Quest is, to market the franchise overseas.

Well those are just my thoughts.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace

The stats are placeholders/always slightly different in the final build. It matters very little what they "seem like" (Joker seemed like he would have a rapid jab, Plant seemed like it would have 2 mid-air jumps and be slower than Incineroar, etc.)

Making sense of things is also usually a futile effort. They've gotten better at not accidentally leaving things in early, so maybe they didn't feel the need to use a more clever code name.
Things like this make me more convinced that Jane is somehow Jill Valentine. Even though it doesn't really make sense based on where it was in the code.

So Jill Valentine, Doom Slayer, and Geno as a Bonus Fighter sounds like a very possible scenario to me.

Last edited:

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Things like this make me more convinced that Jane is somehow Jill Valentine. Even though it doesn't really make sense based on where it was in the code.

So Jill Valentine, Doom Slayer, and Geno as a Bonus Fighter sounds like a very possible scenario to me.
Where are you getting Jane from?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I think it's from this tweet

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sometime ago, somebody found a codename for a skin of Joker's that ultimately went unused, with a ponytail skeleton. Consensus is that Kasumi Yoshikawa was going to be a skin at one point, but was removed for unknown reasons. P5 fans believe this means she will become playable. (Doubtful about that.)

So I guess SNES games on Switch might be coming sooner than we think! Thoughts?
If it gets Square to actually put their pre-FF7 Final Fantasy entries on a digital service again...

Oh right, SMRPG's return!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
SNES games on Switch is cool and all, but I’m still waiting on Earthbound Beginnings for the NES... :c

Do you think this possible announcement will come with/in a Direct?
As for that, yes, without a doubt.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

The stats are placeholders/always slightly different in the final build. It matters very little what they "seem like" (Joker seemed like he would have a rapid jab, Plant seemed like it would have 2 mid air jumps and be slower than Incineroar, etc.)

I get it now thanks. Also, I really like your :ultbowser:, :ultkrool:, :ultridley: gif in your signature IsmaR IsmaR .

Well duh. Honestly, I don't expect to see fighter 4 until Banjo & Kazooie drops, so we are probably looking at October or November.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Here's a thought, what if the trailer for Geno was something like the ending of mario rpg where it showed each of the stars and a cutscene. What if instead each star show snippets of the previous characters trailer. Like purple could be for ridley, green for k rool, red for joker or incineroar. Eventually it all leading up to the middle with the final star of course being Geno!
I'm so down with this.

Green Star = King K. Rool, or Piranha Plant
Orange Star = One of the remaining DLCs
Purple Star = Hero, or Ridley
Indigo Star = One of the remaining DLCs
Red Star = Joker
Yellow Star = Banjo & Kazooie
Blue Star = Mega Man, Sonic, or Geno

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Given how recently these controller patents were found, I'd wager it gets revealed sometime before the end of the year, hopefully during the next Nintendo Direct. Hopefully the trend of Nintendo Directs happening in early September continues...

... Otters.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So guys, dunno if ya'll read about this but, it would seem that SNES games are incoming for the Nintendo Switch (most likely the NSO).

Considering this, IF among the first SNES wave of titles is Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, this could tie-in to a potential Geno reveal. Emphasis on could.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Time wait for snes game to be drip feeded to us. :4pacman:
Haha, yeah. Though thankfully there will be plenty of good games at launch if the leaked list is to be believed.
Super Mario Kart
Super Soccer
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Demon's Crest
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Stunt Race FX
Kirby's Dream Course
Pop'n Twinbee
Star Fox
Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Kirby Super Star
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Pilotwings
F-Zero
Star Fox 2
Super Punch-Out!!
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Super Mario All-Stars
Breath of Fire 2
I'm particularly looking forward to Super Metroid. I played it a while back but I never finished it, and since I've beaten the NES Metroid, I'm perfectly willing to give it another shot.
Earthbound isn't on the list, but hopefully it'll come to the system later on.
One thing that I'm curious of is whether or not they'll stop adding NES games when the SNES games start coming out? I'd imagine not, since there are plenty of great games they could still add to the service, but I'm not so sure.
I'm also curious if they do this kind of thing for N64 games, right down to the odd alien controllers. And now I'm picturing versions of the N64 controllers that work like Joycons.
So guys, dunno if ya'll read about this but, it would seem that SNES games are incoming for the Nintendo Switch (most likely the NSO).

Considering this, IF among the first SNES wave of titles is Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, this could tie-in to a potential Geno reveal. Emphasis on could.
It's not, but I don't doubt it'll be added eventually given that it's on the Wii Virtual Console, the Wii U Virtual Console, and the SNES Classic. As for a tie-in with a potential Smash reveal, I doubt it. Would be nice, but Nintendo almost never does that for characters, with the only exception that immediately comes to mind being Eleven for DQ11SDE.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
It's not, but I don't doubt it'll be added eventually given that it's on the Wii Virtual Console, the Wii U Virtual Console, and the SNES Classic. As for a tie-in with a potential Smash reveal, I doubt it. Would be nice, but Nintendo almost never does that for characters, with the only exception that immediately comes to mind being Eleven for DQ11SDE.
There was Duck Hunt who were promoted with the virtual console release on Wii U.

There was also... Isabelle who was announced to coincide with Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Oh man, I hope that list is real. I want to be able to play some Kirby's dream course with my buddies

domriver

Smash Lord
Good morning everyone.
So skimmed through the last 5-6 pages or so. Some thoughts of mines.
For A Nintendo Direct - im betting Late August /Early September (maybe with DLC #4)
Banjo's Release date - im guessing First Day of fall which is what late september? ( -.- )
Last DLC's and Bonus? My hopes/guesses that the last ones announced are Geno, Doomslayer, Jill/Chris/Leon ( Resident Evil Series) (im fairly confident that 1 of the these will happen - i just dont know who) the possibility of a bonus fighter? I see that happening didn't Sakurai mentioned he was ahead of a schedule with some xtra cassshhh? I guess wouldnt be shocked if there was nor if there wasn't. The surprise factor would be who is the Bonus fighter.
Will there be a 2nd fighter pass? I personally don't see why not this cow has plenty of milk left to squeeze. Business wise- it would be dumb not to do this. Sakurai doesn't have to work on it. He can just ultimately just review the character basically be the supervisor and give the yes or nope scrap it. My thoughts only. :D

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Haha, yeah. Though thankfully there will be plenty of good games at launch if the leaked list is to be believed.
Super Mario Kart
Super Soccer
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Demon's Crest
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Stunt Race FX
Kirby's Dream Course
Pop'n Twinbee
Star Fox
Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Kirby Super Star
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Pilotwings
F-Zero
Star Fox 2
Super Punch-Out!!
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Super Mario All-Stars
Breath of Fire 2
I'm particularly looking forward to Super Metroid. I played it a while back but I never finished it, and since I've beaten the NES Metroid, I'm perfectly willing to give it another shot.
Earthbound isn't on the list, but hopefully it'll come to the system later on.
One thing that I'm curious of is whether or not they'll stop adding NES games when the SNES games start coming out? I'd imagine not, since there are plenty of great games they could still add to the service, but I'm not so sure.
I'm also curious if they do this kind of thing for N64 games, right down to the odd alien controllers. And now I'm picturing versions of the N64 controllers that work like Joycons.

Awesome, Star Fox 2 is there so I won’t have to shell out big bucks for a scalped SNES Mini!

No Final Fantasy III (old version of VI when it was first localized) is a bit disappointing but expected since Square Enix seems to think only that ugly Android port that’s also on PC exists, rip

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Good morning everyone.
So skimmed through the last 5-6 pages or so. Some thoughts of mines.
For A Nintendo Direct - im betting Late August /Early September (maybe with DLC #4)
Banjo's Release date - im guessing First Day of fall which is what late september? ( -.- )
Last DLC's and Bonus? My hopes/guesses that the last ones announced are Geno, Doomslayer, Jill/Chris/Leon ( Resident Evil Series) (im fairly confident that 1 of the these will happen - i just dont know who) the possibility of a bonus fighter? I see that happening didn't Sakurai mentioned he was ahead of a schedule with some xtra cassshhh? I guess wouldnt be shocked if there was nor if there wasn't. The surprise factor would be who is the Bonus fighter.
Will there be a 2nd fighter pass? I personally don't see why not this cow has plenty of milk left to squeeze. Business wise- it would be dumb not to do this. Sakurai doesn't have to work on it. He can just ultimately just review the character basically be the supervisor and give the yes or nope scrap it. My thoughts only. :D
I think a september is a safe bet. Trend of september directs aside, most directs are usually 3-4 months apart, so it'd line up pretty well.
Regarding Banjo's release, it appears that new characters always drop after each wave of amiibos, so I agree that he'll probably drop late september or early october.
I'm a tad bit doubtful that we'll get anything more after the Fighter's Pass, whether that be another Fighter's Pass or even a bonus character or two a la :ultpiranha:. It could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.
Now if there WERE to be more characters post Fighter's Pass, I'd bet good money on a few more Echo Fighters. Most likely Dixie Kong, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Medusa, but I'd also like Black Shadow and Dry Bowser.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not related to Geno, but does anyone else wish we had the Heroine alts with Hero?

I wanted to play as the DQ4 Heroine :(

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Pretty much, and even then there's a small chance the costume would only pop up for a Final Fantasy character's set.

Until Fall starts, we're firmly at an impasse.

There's that word again.

He only teases when he trolls on the short term, he doesn't intentionally mess with people for months.

Case in point, the K. Rool teases were consigned entirely to the August direct, with the Klaptrap AT and banana gun, and finally, Dedede's costume trick (the barrel and rope doesn't count, that one's just a coincidence).

Heck, even his games outside of Smash generally have plots that are established and concluded in one go (even something longer like KI Uprising, with the only possible tease being a joke by the clearly-dead Hades at the end). He doesn't play the long game.

If character absences are seen as teases, that's generally only by complete unintentional accident. Don't attribute to malice that which can also be adequately explained by ineptitude, and all (which is partly the marketing department's fault, seeing as Skull Kid's AT was only revealed on the site, of all things).

I apologize for all that, but I'm tired of the assumption that Sakurai is a Japanese Ed Boon.
Using your logic against you, this means Geno’s lack of a costume is also not a tease, even though many people here seem to be taking it that way.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Not related to Geno, but does anyone else wish we had the Heroine alts with Hero?

I wanted to play as the DQ4 Heroine :(
That would nice but that also means too much work because of the model and also finding a voice actor for it in a short time.

I actually wish that Arusa was the main pick instead of Eleven since he is pretty much the face of DQ series and more recognizable and I would want an amiibo of him but not sure if it still could happen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom