• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Yeah that is what I am thinking. Not only the conversations between the two, but apparently, the music composer got asked to do some music outside of Doom and no one knows what it could be for. With Grant Kirkhope doing some music for Banjo, it wouldn't be to far out of the realm of possibility that guys work is for Smash.
Yeah the last fighter though will be such a mystery unless something in Banjos release is datamined and we see "Puppet.char" then we all lose our collective minds until it is revealed to be The Marionette from FnaF...
To be fair, Scott did mention he was working on a AAA title game so... Puppet for Smash?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nah im ngl, I trolled everyone with grotesque steve. It was obviously a joke because of how ugly steve looked and the smug expressions he had. It was hilarious. Anyone that got offended really got more things to be offended over rather than an ugly steve. It was mainly on 4chan though with the GOOD MOOOOORNING /V/ threads. Idc what anyone says, the Stevearc was the best arc we've had in a long time. Im thrilled banjo got in over steve and just seeing all the screaming wojaks/refusteves that day was funny. The memes steves made were hilarious. Also that one horrific webm where steve sneak attacks banjo and vores kazooie just shows how much effort people would go for a ****post.
It's funny how those /v/ users were the first outsiders to believe that BK were coming and knew it hours before E3, and were enraged about it, while most of us were still unsure of their chances.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I see Geno on the fighter’s pass because I still think the Starling leak is the strongest thing going for him, and it’s relatively recent.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I see Geno on the fighter’s pass because I still think the Starling leak is the strongest thing going for him, and it’s relatively recent.
honestly, the mii costume is probably the best thing going for him, we still don't know that the starling picture is definitively smash related.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
honestly, the mii costume is probably the best thing going for him, we still don't know that the starling picture is definitively smash related.
If it’s not, then I lost all hope for Geno again, and I know thats a possibility

Don’t worry, I won’t be here to wallow in pity, i’ll accept it.

I simply can’t trust Sakurai with ATs/Mii Suits when he baited and teased Shadow for so long

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Pretty much, and even then there's a small chance the costume would only pop up for a Final Fantasy character's set.

Until Fall starts, we're firmly at an impasse.

Mexican-standoff-courtesy--740x492.jpg

There's that word again.

He only teases when he trolls on the short term, he doesn't intentionally mess with people for months.

Case in point, the K. Rool teases were consigned entirely to the August direct, with the Klaptrap AT and banana gun, and finally, Dedede's costume trick (the barrel and rope doesn't count, that one's just a coincidence).

Heck, even his games outside of Smash generally have plots that are established and concluded in one go (even something longer like KI Uprising, with the only possible tease being a joke by the clearly-dead Hades at the end). He doesn't play the long game.

If character absences are seen as teases, that's generally only by complete unintentional accident. Don't attribute to malice that which can also be adequately explained by ineptitude, and all (which is partly the marketing department's fault, seeing as Skull Kid's AT was only revealed on the site, of all things).

I apologize for all that, but I'm tired of the assumption that Sakurai is a Japanese Ed Boon.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Random question since we all have Doom Guy on the mind. How is Doom's popularity in Japan? Both original and 2016? Obviously it doesn't mean much, I'm just genuinely curious.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Random question since we all have Doom Guy on the mind. How is Doom's popularity in Japan? Both original and 2016? Obviously it doesn't mean much, I'm just genuinely curious.
It seems that he still has some sort of presence there(It's not a Mortal Kombat situation), but he is still niche there. I recall the Doomguy thread finding some Japanese fan works for Doom.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
YsDisciple YsDisciple
Zinith Zinith
Supergeno Supergeno
max_0888 max_0888
Cuzeba123 Cuzeba123

Added to supporter list

That makes, with legacy members, 444! All 4's
With that being said, our total number of support for Operation StarFall stands at a whopping 4,595 Wishes/Unique Supporters

That's terrific for being a few days away from our first month's anniversary!

My goal is to get to 9.999 Supporters by the end of 2019. A Critical Hit!

Let's make it happen!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It seems that he still has some sort of presence there(It's not a Mortal Kombat situation), but he is still niche there. I recall the Doomguy thread finding some Japanese fan works for Doom.
So, it would essentially be like Hero's situation, but in complete reverse.

Honest question; if he doesn't show up in the pass, would you still think he's managed to get included for later stages of this DLC cycle?

YsDisciple YsDisciple
Zinith Zinith
Supergeno Supergeno
max_0888 max_0888
Cuzeba123 Cuzeba123

Added to supporter list

That makes, with legacy members, 444! All 4's
Might want to check up for my name on there, all 4s means severe bad luck in Japan.

Last edited:

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Doom 1 & II are released exclusively on the Switch in Japan (no PS4/Xbox One release in Japan).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, it would essentially be like Hero's situation, but in complete reverse.

Honest question; if he doesn't show up in the pass, would you still think he's managed to get included for later stages of this DLC cycle?
Pretty much.

Depends on the later DLC. If third parties reps are still a thing after the Fighter Pass, then I think he is still good chance wise.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Doom Slayer is a character that pretty much everyone is expecting. I wouldn't mind him, honestly. I've got a friend who is a HUGE Doom fan and if he got in, he'd bounce off the walls with excitement and hype.
How weird is it that Doom Slayer is consider to be an expected character? Like holy crap, that freaking weird and awesome.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I got to say I think Doomguy has a decent popularity size in Japan because of the 5ch leak. Clearly it was fake, but it was a Japanese site so there must be some audience in Japan that would like Doomguy to be in. Hard to say if Doom is popular in Japan or not.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Have/are any dataminers looking into character codenames? Brave turned out to be a really solid clue, so I'm curious to see what they'll find in 4.0.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Have/are any dataminers looking into character codenames? Brave turned out to be a really solid clue, so I'm curious to see what they'll find in 4.0.
That Brave this is so freaking weird. They learn to give codename to Joker by calling him Jack, but they just call Hero by his actually Japanese name title in the datamine. Like what? Why did they hide Joker, a character they announced, but just let Hero be exposed?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
No, and I doubt we’re going to ever see that again with Ultimate. They learned their lesson.
That Brave this is so freaking weird. They learn to give codename to Joker by calling him Jack, but they just call Hero by his actually Japanese name title in the datamine. Like what? Why did they hide Joker, a character they announced, but just let Hero be exposed?
These names were never meant to be seen by the public, so we can’t say why they used those names.

Hell, if they were meant to be code names that hid the characters identity, why don’t other assets have code names? Mementos is called jack_mementos, and the Phantom Thieves don’t use code names either.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey guys, why all this talk about Doom Guy all of a sudden?
Oh you know, just the whole Bethesda saying “oh yeah” when asked something about Smash and stuff

Still think thats a deconfirm but whatever

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I heard rumors about a Metroid 5, that's what I want. I want to see what's next after Fusion. And I definitely want to see how they're going to make the game, I want them to surprise me, I don't want a Super Metroid 2 or a Fusion 2, I really want something new.
As much as I'd also want that, that's never gonna happen. A Metroid game taking place after Fusion would mean not using the classic suit, no Ridley (frozen body from SM destroyed and assimilated by the X), Galactic Federation hunting Samus down, and Adam Malkovich being present which, if they still consider Other M canon, will go down with fans as well as the Bottle Ship.
Hey guys, why all this talk about Doom Guy all of a sudden?
Because there's not much else to talk about regarding Geno, Doomguy is pretty cool, and this thread is ADD incarnate.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
These names were never meant to be seen by the public, so we can’t say why they used those names.

Hell, if they were meant to be code names that hid the characters identity, why don’t other assets have code names? Mementos is called jack_mementos, and the Phantom Thieves don’t use code names either.
Well you think they would have learned with the Roy & Ryu datamine. They know that people datamine this game which is why they removed reference to Brave. In fact, we all believe that they used codename because they learned from the Roy & Ryu datamine so they don't want to state the character upfront... which turns out they did do that. I don't get these guys.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As much as I'd also want that, that's never gonna happen. A Metroid game taking place after Fusion would mean not using the classic suit, no Ridley (frozen body from SM destroyed and assimilated by the X), Galactic Federation hunting Samus down, and Adam Malkovich being present which, if they still consider Other M canon, will go down with fans as well as the Bottle Ship.

Because there's not much else to talk about regarding Geno, Doomguy is pretty cool, and this thread is ADD incarnate.
Oh you know, just the whole Bethesda saying “oh yeah” when asked something about Smash and stuff

Still think thats a deconfirm but whatever
Oh, I see. I thought there was a new leak of some kind mentioning Doom Guy that was being discussed. Oh well.

ZelDan

Smash Master
TBH, the way some people felt about Erdrick is kinda how I feel about Doomguy/Doomslayer/whatever I think, in that hearing his name brought up so much and so many people thinking he's super likely has just gotten...tiring for me.

Now, that's not to say I have anything against DoomPerson or would be upset if DoomIndividual were to make it in, nor do I have anything against the Doom series (I've only played DOOM 2016 but it was a damn great game). But that's just kinda how I feel.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Here's a thought, what if the trailer for Geno was something like the ending of mario rpg where it showed each of the stars and a cutscene. What if instead each star show snippets of the previous characters trailer. Like purple could be for ridley, green for k rool, red for joker or incineroar. Eventually it all leading up to the middle with the final star of course being Geno!

Attachments

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Here's a thought, what if the trailer for Geno was something like the ending of mario rpg where it showed each of the stars and a cutscene. What if instead each star show snippets of the previous characters trailer. Like purple could be for ridley, green for k rool, red for joker or incineroar. Eventually it all leading up to the middle with the final star of course being Geno!
Banjo's background is already Yellow if I am not mistaken. If he was one of the blues, this would have made for an incredible theory.

A little bit of a wishful thinking one but really fun to follow.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Banjo's background is already Yellow if I am not mistaken. If he was one of the blues, this would have made for an incredible theory.

A little bit of a wishful thinking one but really fun to follow.
Could be Orange too for banjo

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! Been a long time. Anything of note relating to Geno that I've missed in my long, long absence?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Could be Orange too for banjo
I think before they changed the file, it was a yellow background. It would make sense to go with him considering the Jiggy color too.

Hey guys! Been a long time. Anything of note relating to Geno that I've missed in my long, long absence?
Welcome back! Depends on how long have you been gone. Operation StarFall launched in mid July and the Geno Mii Costume did not return in the July 30th video. So something to speculate about. Just be careful with that one since it could be another Isaac/Skull Kid situation where it seems like it's going to happen.

Last edited:

DIY

Smash Apprentice
I think before they changed the file, it was a yellow background. It would make sense to go with him considering the Jiggy color too.

Welcome back! Depends on how long have you been gone. Operation StarFall launched in mid July and the Geno Mii Costume did not return in the July 30th video. So something to speculate about. Just be careful with that one since it could be another Isaac/Skull Kid situation where it seems like it's going to happen.
Thanks so much! Well, I've been gone for a bunch of months now, but I remember signing the online petition for Operation StarFall when it was first started. I'm just not sure if anything has gone down with it since then or how it has progressed.

Interesting news on the Geno Mii Costume not returning, though. After the Grinch leak, Piranha Plant being announced as a DLC character, and Reggie going into detail on the DLC characters for this pack being "newcomers" to the series, I don't think I can immediately be super excited over a little Geno possibility ever again. Lol

Still, a little bit of increasing hope is better than no hope at all. Here's hoping that more things line up in Geno's favor and he'll finally get included in Smash.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Thanks so much! Well, I've been gone for a bunch of months now, but I remember signing the online petition for Operation StarFall when it was first started. I'm just not sure if anything has gone down with it since then or how it has progressed.

Interesting news on the Geno Mii Costume not returning, though. After the Grinch leak, Piranha Plant being announced as a DLC character, and Reggie going into detail on the DLC characters for this pack being "newcomers" to the series, I don't think I can immediately be super excited over a little Geno possibility ever again. Lol

Still, a little bit of increasing hope is better than no hope at all. Here's hoping that more things line up in Geno's favor and he'll finally get included in Smash.
We have extended to our platforms and are doing what we can to reach out to as many people as possible! I strongly recommend you check us out on some of our active platforms including our primary website. Every contribution/follow counts! Using #OperationStarFall also helps reach out to others.

My apologies for the minor plug. If requested by a moderator, I can remove links.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/opestarfall
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/opestarfall/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/operationstarfall/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNy1B7HukgYdPYmU2nwFODQ
Discord: https://discord.gg/mkqZnC
Change.org: http://chng.it/gDgTY7W9

Feel free to join in and contribute to any of these groups. We have a lot more activity to contribute towards than just a Change.org petition

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Saw some of negativity in the last few pages and thought I'd chime in cuz I have a big mouth. I actually feel that this is one of the more reasonable and accepting groups on the subject of Smash. I think a lot of people here are well aware that Geno isn't guaranteed because no characters are. This is a support thread so we are supporting the character we want in spite of the odds. In fact, a lot of discussion here regards holes in the logic that Geno COULD make it in. So I think everyone here is really actually very level-headed about the matter. Plenty have said that Geno probably won't make it in the fighters pass or Ultimate at all.

When you have something negative to say on a support thread though, you should probably temper it with things that actually show support for the character otherwise people will naturally classify you as a troll or just someone coming to cause strife instead of someone genuinely trying to promote the character but through the lens of realism.

If we are delusional in your eyes for enjoying discussion about the potential inclusion of a character we want and love then so be it. In my eyes this thread isn't just for the fighters pass or even Ultimate it's Smash plain and simple. This is about wanting Geno in Smash. If that Smash game he's finally in isn't Ultimate then oh well there's still a lot to talk about as to why he'd be an exciting addition. It's not realistic to expect good things when you're being blatantly unsupportive on a support thread. Its called support thread for a reason and there are respectful ways to be realistic.

Also want to add to this, I like this thread cause there is also a lot of discussion about Mario RPG in general, which is my favorite game. I don't post a lot, but I try to read all the posts. I do agree with you entirely though.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
We have extended to our platforms and are doing what we can to reach out to as many people as possible! I strongly recommend you check us out on some of our active platforms including our primary website. Every contribution/follow counts! Using #OperationStarFall also helps reach out to others.

My apologies for the minor plug. If requested by a moderator, I can remove links.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/opestarfall
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/opestarfall/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/operationstarfall/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNy1B7HukgYdPYmU2nwFODQ
Discord: https://discord.gg/mkqZnC
Change.org: http://chng.it/gDgTY7W9

Feel free to join in and contribute to any of these groups. We have a lot more activity to contribute towards than just a Change.org petition
Thanks for letting me know! I definitely will do!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Does anyone know for sure that Brave was Hero? Because before E3, the stats of Brave seemed to match up more with Banjo & Kazooie than Hero in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom